Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. M.B. MathurYour feedback matters!
I have flu from 18 days how to cure it please help me sir I also have redness in eyes so please give me some medicines.
My eyes are paining from last one week. It getting red normally. Getting pain. Daily when I wake up from bed and normal times. Some of white matter comes normally. Both eyes does occurs sequentially. What was the solution to it?
I'm 5 weeks pregnant. My gynecologists prescribe me blood test. My beta hcg level is 227.1 mLu/ml. Is there any serious thing with this level? Normal range is higher than my level. please advise me.
My father have Glaucoma in both eyes Right eye have 20 % vision Left eye have 70 % vision Is it operated with laser technology? Please advice.
I had my exams last week and due to which I was not able to get good sleep I could hardly manage to sleep 3-4 hours and now my eyes are irritated and pains what to do?
Last 1day my right eye suffered by infection. I went to consult a nearest ophthalmologist. He told that,your left eye power is very low. You must take a specs, here I am feeling guilty. Now what can I do for increase my eye power without specs, and if I will take specs, is that must wear lifetime? Please ans me. Sir/madam.
I am 19 years old. I have a stye on my upper eyelid. Its has been two months but it does not seem to go. I have tried everything possible. From hot compress to ointments. What should I do?
Eyes are very important organs as they provide you with the ability to process visual detail and detect light. However, because your eyes are exposed to harsh climate and pollutants, they can get spoilt. Here are a few basic tips you can follow to take care of your eyes:
- Eye yoga: Eye Yoga is an ancient method of relaxing your eyes and is also known as “palming”. All you need to do is cup your palms and place them over closed eyes in a way wherein your fingertips are touching your forehead. This helps in blocking out light completely. While cupping your eyes, take long, deep breaths which can help relax your eyes and mind.
- Eat healthy: It is important to eat healthy in order to maintain healthy eyes. Medical practitioners believe that vitamins have anti oxidants which slow down age related problems in the eye. You should be eating foods rich in Vitamin A, C and E, Zinc rich foods and foods with folic acid. Food items such as carrots, lettuce, spinach and kale can help in keeping your eyes healthy for longer.
- Wear dark sunglasses: Every time your eyes are exposed to the sun, they have to tolerate the harmful UV-A and UV-B rays. The ultraviolet rays can prove to be very damaging for your eyes as they affect the optic nerve. Hence, you should always wear dark coloured sunglasses in the sun to protect your eyes.
- Take breaks: Staring at a computer screen or a mobile screen all day can prove to be very harmful to your eyes. According to a study, when you stare a screen for too long, you blink lesser. This can lead to dry eyes.
- Get required rest: It is important to rest your eyes and free them of the strain they endure daily. Hence, you should aim to get at least 6-8 hours of sleep time daily to give them the required rest time.
- Quit smoking: Smoking cigarettes can be harmful for your eyes as it increases chances of macular degeneration and cataracts. Smoking also increases chances of optic nerve damage as it impairs blood circulation to the eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.