Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lalima GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am 32 year old man. I had a sex with male man. He fucked me very hard. Lots of dark blood came. It's my 1st day after intercourse - still I can see patches of blood in my potty and little blood also coming Condom is used during sex. is std disease,
Hey Doctor What's natural family planning. When to go to bed for preventing pregnancy without using any artificial ideas. Which days may be safest for intercourse.
Please suggest on below U.S.G PELVIS & abdomen U.T -- avns N echotxtous R .T.O -- Shows cyst of 3.7*3.2*3.6 L.T.O -- N CUT .DE. Sac --- no few fluid seen Suggest tablet? please Nd Dr. give me mala n dose for month !this is right dose? Pls. help
She is 20 years old. Is there any medicine to stop pregnancy after 2 months plzz suggest the name of medicine.
I want to know how HIV or AIDS happen? Or if I get into a intimate relationship with a married women then it will infect me? Does this disease happen if I get intimate with a gay?
Can you have pregnancy symptoms even before missing a period if so what are the symptoms? My last periods was on 12th may 2016 and expecting next periods around 12th or 13th june.
One of my friend had a miscarriage after she volunteered terminated her pregnancy using mifty kit with doctor guide. Since she regret her decision After that she tried n got conceived but it got miscarriage at 6 weeks. When she shud get the torch test done? Is the torch test required? When she shud plan for next pregnancy? Only folic acid tablets is enough?
I have thyroid problem past 1year and i am using the tablets, now I want to conceive but all the time i am disappointed. Kindly suggest me.
My friend is planning for a baby. She is a regular smoker but now she is trying to quit. Suggest what she should do now?
I have skipped my periods by more than a week. Although I took the pregnancy test thrice but every time its showing negative result. I am very confused. Could you please suggest.
Hi sir. My age is 22 years and I had pcos. My last period is on july 4 but this month I did not get my period but seeing wetness in my vagina. What does it mean?
An unmarried female of 21 years old has breasts which are very small in size. Also she has problem of irregular periods with delay of 1.5 months or more. What could be the reasons. What is the treatment?
I have some problems that I am not getting pregnant and my periods are irregular so please gide me what should I do and how to get pregnant.
In light of the several recent cases of men battering their wives and maltreating women, it’s about time we talked about certain unhealthy character traits
The statistics of people, especially women in Nigeria, who are abused daily or sustain permanent life-altering physical and psychological injuries is startling.
In trying to attain a more healthy and peaceful society, here are 6 characteristics every man should get rid of:
A few of the initial behaviors you may want to check are intense jealousy, fixation and history of abuse. If you have relatives that have been known to be violent in the past in any way, then you may want to address that.
Here are the six other behaviors to look out for:
Threats: If you tell a lady to do something and she doesn’t oblige you request, you shouldn’t then resolve to threats and violent promises. Being calm and reasoning things out is the way forward.
Commanding behavior: No one likes to be ordered around. A woman is not a piece of furniture that can be pushed around. Respect everyone around you and treat them the way you would like to be treated.
Irrational mood swings: If you notice that you go from 0-100 in a second, then you have an issue on your hands. Get the help of a therapist or prayers, whatever helps.
Destructive behavior: There are so many ways you can have an argument without throwing something against the wall or putting your fist through a wall.
Harmful insults: Watch the words that come out of your mouth. There are certain things we say in the heat of the moment that we can’t take back. However, if they occur often, then you should check it.
Violent outbursts during arguments: Lastly, if your voice keeps rising during arguments to a point where the people in the next compound feel like they are in the same room as you or the person you’re arguing with is flinching, then there’s an issue.
Finally, in regard to this issue, if you know anyone in an abusive relationship or you may be in one yourself and you are the abuser, use these signs as a check and get some help.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is a medical condition related to a woman’s endocrine system. Generally, this disorder is characterised by an imbalance of the sex hormones (oestrogen and progesterone), which leads to the development of multiple small cysts in the ovaries. Symptoms of PCOS include acne, irregular menstrual cycle and depression to name a few.
The causes of PCOS have not been accurately identified so far, but researchers suggest that the following factors might contribute to the onset of the condition.
1. Increased amount of insulin secretion- Women suffering from insulin resistance may get PCOS as their body is not able to effectively use this insulin, which results in increased insulin secretion by the pancreas. This, in turn, triggers more androgen (male sex hormone) production in the ovaries, making it difficult for the ovaries to ovulate.
2. Lower inflammation levels- The white blood cells present in your body form resistance against infections through a response termed as inflammation. Women with lower inflammation levels are likelier to get PCOS as the decreased levels stimulate polycystic ovaries, thereby producing more androgens.
3. Genetic factor- If you have a family history of PCOS, it’s highly probable that you may also get it as the disease is linked with your genes.
How To Live with PCOS
PCOS comes with numerous side effects like acne, obesity, infertility, excessive facial or body hair among others. There are certain lifestyle changes, which you may consider to manage PCOS and minimise its side effects.
1. Change your diet - Opt for a low carbohydrate, low sugar diet to keep your insulin levels in control, as insulin is responsible for increasing the severity of PCOS symptoms.
2. Try to maintain an ideal body weight - Obesity is known for worsening insulin resistance, and you can prevent this by regularly keeping your weight in check. You can practice some easy at-home exercise to reduce weight besides having a balanced diet.
3. Get yourself checked regularly - Visit a doctor and get yourself checked regularly for potential health risks as PCOS is often associated with increased chances of diabetes, heart diseases, certain forms of cancer, hypertension, and high LDL (bad) cholesterol levels.
4. Join a support group - Joining a PCOS support group will help you cope with your emotional difficulties, while helping you to live a better life by cultivating an optimistic outlook. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.