Lybrate.com has top trusted Pulmonologists from across India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. Kailash Nath GuptaYour feedback matters!
My son is 1.4years old. Last week he was diagnosed with pneumonia. He was hospitalized for 3 days and brought home. However he started breathing heavily today again. Please suggest diet, care, remedy and drugs.
Short breathing problems, mainly in the morning and evening. Fatigue, gas formation. Sometimes pain near lungs and Back shoulder. Since last 1 months. Female, Age 30 years.
Hi Dr. my baby 7 months old. Suffering with cough from todays. We r using ambrodil-s syrup with 1 ml dosage. Is it ok?
My 5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true?I overeat at meals, but I can't help it. If I limit my portions, I'm hungry an hour later. How can I avoid overeating and have better control of my appetite? My stomach aches, thought it becomes fine in a day, but still it pains regularly, what to do?
Hi, I have just recovered from chikungunya. But right now I am suffering from lot of after effects like cough and mainly sore throat. I not able to take any food or drink. Please help me out.
I have seasonal asthma and I take budecort inhaler s. O. S. But sometimes nasal block happens and excessive sneezing. I use nasal spray dounase for dat allergy. But these all I have to take allmost daily. My question is that is that any treatment by which I can get permanent relief.
I want to know the nutrients helpful for the patient of spinal TB. please help me out what should I do?
I am 33 year old male. From last 15 days I am feeling loud heart beats, short of breath and sometimes restless and sometimes dizziness. Every now and than I have to take a deep breath, I am confused and worried is it a heart related problem?
Sir I am addicted to smoking since 4 years. I usually smoke 25-26 cegerates a day. But today I finally quit smoking. I have a problem. From past 1 month mucus is present there. Can anyone suggest me is it danger? Am I suffering from lung cancer? Please reply as fast as possible.
Suffering from asthma and allergy from 6 month old now I am 25 years and using Combihale fb 200 rotacaps. No permanent relief yet. Is their any solution?
I am having dry cough from last 3 days but I took it lightly and didn't take any medicine. Please advice prescription for this. Thank you sir!
1.3 new goals – cure, prevent resistance and break chain of transmission.
2. Introduction of daily regime.
3. Definition and treatment of mono and polyresistance apart from mdr and xdr tuberculosis.
4. Treatment in cat 1 – 2 (hrze) + 4 (hre): continue ethambutol in continuation phase too.
5. Treatment in cat 2 – 2 (hrzes) + 1 (hrze) + 5 (hre).
6. Introduction of bedaquiline as a new drug. Atp synthase inhibitor specifically targets myc. Tb. Indicated in age more than 18 years. Contraindicatef in pregnancy and those taking hormonal ocp. It may be given in patients with stable arrythmia.
7. Definition of presumptive tuberculosis. Duration > 2 weeks etc.
8. New algorithm to diagnose tuberculosis – pulmonary, extrapulmonary, drug resistant.
9. Introduction of newer molecular methods like cbnaat and line probe assay in diagnostic algorithm apart from smear microscopy and chest xray.
10. Diagnosis of tuberculosis based on x-ray will be called as clinically diagnosed tuberculosis.
11. Sputum should be around 2ml and preferably be mucopurulent.
12. Follow up – new and previously treated drug sensitive pulmonary tuberculosis – no need to extend intensive phase, sputum microscopy at end of ip and end of treatment, weight monthly, chest x-ray if required.
13. Follow up – mdr tuberculosis – sputum smear monthly 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 months in intensive phase and at 3 months interval in continuation phase 9, 12, 15, extend ip phase by maximum 3 months total of 9 months.
Some more additions to it, adding here which might help to pg students.
1) monitoring health status of tb treated patients (for recurrence of tb) for 24 months after treatment
2) online monitoring of treatment adherence through 99dots programme (currently it is on pilot basis running for tb-hiv patients)
3) intensified tb case finding in clinically, socially and geographically vulnerable population. It's a provider initiated activity.
4) now'tb suspect' term is replaced by'presumptive tb case.
5) in diagnostic algorithm sputum examination along with chest x-ray is recommended.
6)'nsp' term is replaced by'microbiologically confirmed case'
7) nsn and others r called now onwards'clinically diagnosed tb' case. (terms replaced)
8) definitions of cured, defaulted, treatment completed, failure, failure to respond, loss to follow up are somwhat changed.
9) cat i, cat ii, cat iv terminologies r obsolete n replaced by drug sensitive (new or previously treated) and drug resistant tb categories.