Lybrate.com has top trusted Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists from across India. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
I'm suffering from stuffy & painful nose these days, is it because of weather change or something else, I started having this prob since last year! Please suggest me the possible solutions. Thanks & Regards
Hello my question is that my one nostril remains close every time what is the solution for this. Thank u. please help me to solve.
I have snoring problem. I could not breath while sleeping backside down. I have to sleep front side down, it leads saliva out of mouth. Please help.
I am a 23 year old male. I had unprotected sex with my gf on 28th of May, 2016. Though I didn't enter her fully, my penis did touch her vagina walls. Around 2 weeks later, she had her periods. But since two days, She complained of some dizziness and weakness. On 25th of June, 2016 she did a pregnancy test and it showed 2 lines on the T part of the test kit. Can she be pregnant? Please advice.
I am 20 years old male have problem with cold & cough from 3 days, I used many tablets it not change, my throat is paining, please suggest me?
I am a 16 years old guy I have sinus from last 2 years. I want a quick medicine for it. So plzzz provide me that medicine as earliest as possible. My name is Pranay kadam.
Hello, I'm 22 years old male, a week ago I was suffering from cold and due to that I started to feel pain in my throat, then my voice changed weirdly and I was unable to speak due to throat pain. Then next day I started to do gaggle and after 2-3 days my voice get normal and got relief from throat pain. But after 3-4 days I started to loose my hairs. Whenever I take bath I'm noticing that I'm loosing my 30-40 hairs Daily.
Hii I am 28 week pregnant .i am feeling fever, cold,dryness of throat, sneezing. Today is my 3 rd day of flu. I show it to my doctor, she give me injection n medicine. Still I feel temperature of 98.6 to 99. I feel tension is it affect to my baby, pls guide me soon Thank you.
I am 46 old female living in kerala. I have problem related with sinus. I usually have sticky throat which cause me to vomit sticky saliva especially in the morning and other times too. What medicine should I take ?
I have a question regarding my ear .Every year my ear discharge some thing wet .From both the ears it have same thing .So i feel some time oppostise speaking slowly so i have to say him speak louder.
What is a Sinusitis Surgery?
The traditional sinus surgery involves the removal of the diseased sinus tissue with improvements in the drainage channels by creating a definite pathway so as to drain out the infection from the cavities.
Usually, endoscopic techniques allow for better access and visualization as compared to making external incisions. This furthers the recovery process from this sort of a surgery.
Unlike other surgeries, a sinusitis surgery aims at re-routing the infected sinus pathways in addition to clearing the damage pathways. Post-operative care is as important as the surgery itself. In fact, insufficient follow-up and poor post-op care are two of the most important reasons behind the failure of this surgery.
Few essential things you need to know before such a surgery:
- Balloon Sinuplasty is a comparatively newer method to treat and expand the natural drainage mechanisms of one’s sinus passages.
- The patient should refrain from eating or drinking any beverage at least eight hours prior to the surgery.
- Once the surgery is carried out, the patient can go home and rest with his/her head elevated for faster recovery. Also, applying a towel wrapped in ice can also help stop the bleeding that might so commonly occur.
- Recovery from the surgery can take about 5 days and the patient should not carry out any strenuous activity until cleared by the surgeon.
- Post-operative care is of the essence in this sort of a surgery.
- Follow up with the doctor if you happen to have fever that refuses to subside even with medications, headaches that do not respond to medications or bleeding that doesn’t stop.
- Any swelling in and around the nose or fluid draining from the nose should not be left ignored and untreated.
- Identify and stay away from allergens, moisturize your nose frequently with the help of nose moisturizers and avoid the common cold and flu.
Endoscopic surgery is preferred over traditional surgery for most cases of chronic sinusitis that require surgery. It is less invasive, less expensive, and has a lower rate of complications.
- Endoscopic surgery may be done to remove small amounts of bone or other material blocking the sinus openings or to remove growths (polyps). Normally, a thin, lighted tool called an endoscope is inserted through the nose so the doctor can see and remove whatever is blocking the sinuses.
- Sinus surgery may be done when complications of sinusitis, such as the development of pus in a sinus, infection of the facial bones, or brain abscess have occurred. In this type of surgery, the doctor makes an opening into the sinus from inside the mouth or through the skin of the face.
What are the complications and risks?
- Recurrence of polyps or other nasal problems.
- Excessive bleeding post-surgery.
- Chronic drainage from the nasal cavities, crusting of one’s nose and excessive dryness.
- Further aggressive surgery might be required.
- Damage to one’s eyes.
- Damage to one’s skull, including drainage of spinal fluid.
- Facial or upper teeth numbness.
- Polyps which result in nasal obstruction.
Here are some suggestions for taking care of your nose and sinuses after surgery:
- Keep your head elevated to help reduce bleeding and swelling after your operation. The first night after surgery, elevate your head with extra pillows or sleep in a recliner.
- If you have packing material and splints in your nose, make sure they stay in place. If the packing gets clogged, breathe through your mouth. Do not remove the packing or splints.
- Some bleeding is normal for 2 to 3 days after your operation. If you think you are bleeding a lot, be sure to call your doctor.
- Don’t blow your nose for at least a week after surgery. Don’t do any heavy lifting, straining, or strenuous exercise. This increases the likelihood of bleeding in your nose.
- If you have to sneeze, try doing it with your mouth open.
- Don’t take aspirin. It slows clotting and increases bleeding.