Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hitu Madan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Hitu MadanYour feedback matters!
Hello I am trying to conceive from last 3 months. Yesterday (before 2 days of period) I am having pink and brown spotting without clogs. What it means or indicates?
How to know if you have PCOS?
There is no single test to diagnose PCOS. There are many myths about PCOS. Some common signs and symptoms to look for are:
Irregular menstrual cycles
Irregular periods also called Oligomenorrhea
Weight gain, overweight (difficulty losing weight)
Difficulty losing weight
Excess hair growth on face and body- called Hirsutism
Darkened patches of skin
Type 2 diabetes
High cholesterol and high triglycerides
High blood pressure
Cysts on the ovaries(multiple)
Sleep Apnea(when breathing stops for a short period of time while asleep)
Decreased sex drive
Increase in stress levels
What one should try and understand is that out of these battery of symptoms which are listed above not all but a few would be present in an individual. If you as a patient compare yourself with another PCOS patient, some symptoms would overlap and some would be unique to you.
PCOS has become very common these days no doubt but it should not be over-diagnosed either. If you feel that you have any or many of these symptoms please consult your doctor.
Though pregnancy is one of the most cherished phases in a woman’s life, there are times when it is not desired. This can be due to various reasons ranging from premarital sex to the couple not being ready yet. Whatever the reason, emergency contraceptive measures are available, and I-Pill has become synonymous with that.
Since its introduction, it is widely used to prevent unwanted pregnancies. The easy availability (no prescription required) and low cost have added to its popularity. However, not many realize it has some side-effects and the need to be aware of certain facts when using the I-pill.
- It is an emergency contraceptive pill, should be used between 24 to 72 hours after unprotected sex
- It is effective in 95% of the women when taking during this time frame
- It prevents pregnancy by stopping fertilisation or preventing implantation of the fertilising egg
- It stops pregnancy; however, if you conceive before the pill it was taken, it will not have any effect. It is therefore not an abortion pill
- So, if you miss the period the next month, test for pregnancy
- It does not offer protection against sexually transmitted disease including HIV/AIDS
- It is not to be used on a regular basis
- If you are on long-term medication, please consult with the doctor before taking the I-pill
- It has no long-term consequence. However, there could be some minor symptoms including breast tenderness, nausea, vomiting, headache, and lower abdominal pain (pelvic area),
- The next menstrual cycle could be delayed by a couple of days
- There could also be spotting before the actual period starts
- Women who are allergic to levonorgestrel should not take I-pill.
- It can cause skin allergies and reduce libido.
- When used repeatedly, it can cause delayed and irregular menstruation
- It is ideal for use between the age of 25 and 45. Teenagers should not use it regularly. This needs to be made aware through sex education, as the prevalence of teenage sex and pregnancy is on the rise in India
- Repeated usage can cause ovarian damage and severe menstrual issues, so occasional use is the only recommended usage
- It is safe to take the pill during lactation. There is no effect on the quality of milk or any other adverse effect on the baby
I-Pill was introduced as an emergency contraceptive method, and not for regular contraceptive purpose. Its correct usage and avoiding complications is largely dependent on sex education which needs to start early and talk about other safe sex measures and avoid using it on a regular basis.
I am 3 5 years old and have a kid 7.5 years old. I am suffering breakthrough bleeding since last 6 months. When I take overall-G, the periods get normal, the month I don't take this medicine, I again get the problem. What should I do?
Hi Me married hu hum baby ki try kr rehe ha 13 dec ko mujhe periods aye the uske bd c meri breast heavy or touch krne par pain hotii ha ,kamar me dard b hota ha or Gas b bhout bnti h or kbhi kbhi nichle stomach me kabhi kabhi hlki c dard hoti h 1 ya 2 min k liye Asa q ho rha h kya ye pregnancy k symptoms hai.
4 ways couple yoga can take your fitness and relationship to the next level
Different from traditional yoga (involving a single person only), couple yoga involves the merging of your body rhythm with that of another person. This sync between partners is achieved through touch, movement, breath and body positions. The benefits that you gain from this practice are not only limited to your body but extend to your relationship too.
Far from the seriousness that you usually associate with traditional yoga, couple yoga allows the two of you to be more happy and playful. This is because trying to get the right pose with your partner can lead to a fair share of fun and laughter. You not only have to figure how to get into that pose, but also how to hold it.
In terms of how it affects your fitness levels, couple yoga can.
1. Strengthen your core
Couple yoga comprises of poses that strengthen your core, leading to improved metabolism and overall strength. The varied poses that you'll come across in this form of practice strive to engage the muscles of your back and abdomen, which are crucial in building your core strength. Double boat pose and side plank pose are two of such core strengthening poses. You can check out these various poses online.
2. Boost immunity
Whether it's your nervous system or the digestive system, the different yoga poses (like the child poses or the upward dog pose) bring about the stimulation of one or more of the body's systems, leading to a bolstering of your immune system.
Here's how couple yoga can deepen your relationship -
1. It builds trust
The practice of couple yoga can help build trust as certain poses call for trusting your partner implicitly. Difficult yoga poses may require you to hold onto your partner to stay balanced; and this total dependence on the other person creates a sense of confidence and comfort as you realise that your partner is there for you. A case in point is the partner tree pose, which can be both entertaining and challenging. It calls for great amount of trust and balance to sustain this pose successfully.
2. It improves intimacy between the two of you
Apart from all the fun, there's to this form of yoga, couple yoga also calls for a certain level of intimacy. While practicing it, you not only get to learn your own limitations but also those of your partner, helping you to accept all of them. The opening poses (heart hug) serves to do just that, it opens the two of you up so that you can fall in sync. Gestures like placing your hand on the heart of your partner, feeling the other person's heartbeat and keeping pace with each other's breathing serve to strengthen the bond between you two.
While improving your health and fitness levels, couple yoga strives to improve your relationship with your partner and help the two of your to explore patterns and aims within your relationship.
Related Tip: Yoga Vs. Gymming- Find Out What Works Best for You