Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GeetaYour feedback matters!
I have presently 8th month baby girl after my delivery I got my periods regularly but in present month I doesn't get I tested with preganews after one week I got negative result what is the problem I didn't get period give me proper suggestion please.
Which test should I undergo to find out whether I am suffering from pcod. My periods are regular but have excess hair on chin which is one of the symptoms of pcod so wanted to know which test should I undergo. What r the natural ways to overcome pcod.
I am 33 years married female my weight is 70kg not able to conceive Dr. has suggested me to lose weight please guide me the feasible way to lose weight
I am 24+.my period is stop from dec 24 after chicken. Till now my period is not clear. And I test my urine but it is negative. What can I do now?
I am pregnant for two and half months. Pls tell me about the precaution during pregnancy. Tell me about the diet during pregnancy. What should I eat? When should I make sonography. What medicines are needed. I have vomit 2-3 times daily,.
I got periods on oct 3 this month I did not get my periods I went to hospital yesterday they have checked my pregnancy its negative it means I am not pregnant or is there any chances of getting pregnancy.
Sir/mam my sister 2nd gravida 5weeks, her age is 29 years, weight is 105 kgs, k/c/o asthma, liposuction lower back 4yrs back. 1preg, male 22months, pih 39months prom, 2.9kgs good, uneventful post lscs. My question is can we continue pregnancy or not with these risks. Kindly give solution.
My periods got over on 4th February and I had unprotected sex with hubby on 11th February will I get pregnant.
Hi doctor, I have one grey hair near vagina. Please advise if it is normal to have grey pubic hair and I am 25 years old working in mnc.
The market is flooded with different types of supplements required for a healthy body. The same is in case of whey protein, it comes in powdered form and is available across stores. These supplements are blended with vitamins, sugar, minerals and flavoring. It is very important that the right type of whey protein is selected and according to the needs. It is not necessary that only the big-bodied people make use of Whey protein, but it is important to incorporate Whey protein in your daily food routine.
Need for whey protein in the body
- The main reason why you really need to take whey protein is that it is helps to lose fat and preserve the muscles of the body.
- The amount of protein that is required by recreational athletes is about 0.5-0.75 grams of protein each day for every pound of their body weight.
- Adults can take about 0.9 grams per pound of their body weight. Whey protein acts as fuel for the body on which your muscles run, and it is very vital for revival after a workout.
Why intake of whey protein is necessary?
You can take whey protein even to reduce hunger and avoid developing a physique that is shaped like a ball. The most effective use of whey protein is that it protects against different forms of cancers like colon cancer and prostrate cancer. It is very important to consult a medical professional and then include whey protein in the diet to fight against cancer.
- Whey protein is an excellent alternative that can be taken to cope with stress and people who consume whey protein experience less indication of depression.
- Consuming whey protein daily keeps their mood better and especially the whey protein shake is very refreshing.
- Based on the research conducted by the University of Alberta, it has been found that whey protein is needed even to improve the immune system of the body.
- Males who are subjected to strenuous aerobic activity must for certain take the whey protein as the levels of glutathione can be reduced, and it can create great impact on the nervous, immune and gastrointestinal system.
- You can purchase whey protein supplements or powder from online stores.
- Whey protein is a 100% original and authentic product.
- Intake of whey protein provides greater results, and it is excellent for those who desire to shed some fat. You can even try eating the whey protein bar if you desire to have some snack.
Mindless munching is usually caused by boredom as well as stress and fatigue, in many cases. Also, not eating your meals on time is another reason why we suddenly feel hungry and end up eating all types of wrong food. This kind of mindless munching usually makes us ingest empty calories, which can make us put on weight and face other health issues in the long run as well. Many of these snacks also contain lots of oil, fat and salt which can cause a range of diseases like diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and other cardiovascular conditions.
So, how can you cut down on mindless munching? Read on to know more!
- Visual reminders: A great way to ensure that you do not succumb to sudden and unhealthy cravings is to place visual reminders on your desk and on the fridge. Get a print out of the things that motivate you, eating healthy, the daily calorie intake that you need to follow, your goal weight it can be anything! Place these around you so that you realise how much better off you are without the mindless eating.
- Small plates and tall glasses: You can use tall glasses in order to ensure that you are ingesting plenty of water. Many times, mental hunger can be cured with a big glass of water. So even when you are having a snack or a meal, keep a tall glass of water to fill yourself up instead of feeling hungry later and eating mindlessly. Also, use smaller crockery in order to eat less. As per psychologists, this tends to have a bearing on the eating patterns of the person by creating a visual reminder of one helping at a time.
- Variety: Eat all colors of food in order to get more variety, but limit the variety to more healthy food. Keep the various kinds of chips and wafers away from your home and pantry so that you have no choice, but to snack on fruit and dry fruit as well as other healthy options when the munchies strike!
- Be deliberate and present: When you eat slowly, you allow the satisfaction of a good meal to wash over you. This ensures that you have less scope to indulge in mindless eating later. Also, you will feel fuller when you have been more deliberate and present with your meal. This can be done by switching off all devices and the television or smart phone, in particular and actually taking the time to enjoy your food. Many psychologists say that distractions tend to make us eat more, and more often. So it is best to cut these out before you start eating. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I am 20 years old and I am 120 kg and I am pregnant how can I maintain my weight now and how can I loose my weight after pregnancy.
23 weeks pregnancy. Pelvic bone, joints pains.! problem in walking, can't stretch leg apart. Pls suggest any remedy for this pain. N reason fr the same.
For an expecting mother, nothing is more important than the safety and well-being of her unborn child. With due care, a mom-to-be can prevent complications that may arise in pregnancy by avoiding certain potential risks. Read on to find out the 5 things pregnant women must avoid at all costs in order to have a safe pregnancy.
1. Caffeine: It’s wise to avoid coffee, tea or even sodas that contain caffeine, as it can adversely affect the baby’s heart rate. Some studies go on to suggest that the consumption of caffeine may even increase the risk of miscarriages. Not only that, the intake of caffeine by the mother can increase the chances of the baby getting diabetes. So anything that contains caffeine must be avoided at all costs.
2. Abdominal X-rays: Abdominal X-rays during pregnancy are a big no. This kind of X-ray exposes the abdomen of the mother, and the baby as a consequence, to high levels of radiation, which can cause changes in the baby’s rapidly growing cells. As a result, the baby’s chances of suffering from birth defects or certain cancers, such as leukaemia later on in life, increase rapidly. It is best to avoid X-rays until absolutely necessary. However, you must avoid self meditation.
3. Heavy exercising: While moderate exercising during pregnancy is very healthy for both the baby and the mother, extreme exercising can give rise to quite a few complications. Exercises, which cause the heart rate of the mother to exceed the mark of 160 bpm (beats per minute) may result in the supply of less oxygen to the baby. This can lead to foetal hypoxia, a condition in which the supply of oxygen to the brain of the baby is restricted, resulting in brain damage. Exercises that must be avoided include abdominal crunches, exercises that hurt the mother’s joints or strain her back or which require her to hold her breath for too long.
4. Alcohol: All types of alcohol must be avoided during pregnancy. Consumption of alcohol during these 9 months has been associated with several birth defects such as poor growth, learning disabilities and mental retardation. In worst case scenarios, excessive alcohol consumption during pregnancy can lead to what is known as Foetal Alcohol Syndrome or FAS, which severely affects the mental development and physical growth of the unborn child, particularly of the face and skull. Also, you must quit smoking.
5. Stress: Stress can trigger various health problems, which can be bad for both the baby and the mother. Studies have revealed the emotional environment of the mother is experienced by the baby as well. In fact, a particular study has shown that any kind of stress, whether it be work related or stress caused by strain in relationships, can affect the mental development of the child. This as result can lead to the child developing certain behavioural disorders such as fears and phobias, which remain way into his adulthood.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.