Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Devendra Singh Solanki
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Devendra Singh SolankiYour feedback matters!
Hi I am suffering from psoriasis arthritis past 1 1/2 year but Not curable in my problems. Please advise valuable information.
I am 25 years old male. I have problem in my leg since 5 years. I always use moov. What should I do?
Sir, I have muscles pain in mt legs and 99 fever from approx 2 weeks and when done some tests typhoid comes normal but esr is 56 mm per hour. So what does it mean does this rise in esr and fever is due to pain or something else there are no symptoms except these. Age 19 years male. I am feeling like muscles are torn from inside. Please help.
Hi my wife is 25 years old she have pain in both knee after delivery shines two years so please give solutions& what must be I do?
Dear Team, I am 34 years old and software professional. I am getting neck pain if I sit for more than 1 hr in front of PC. Kindly suggest the remedies and exercise to overcome this pain. Regards, Satheesh Kumar.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a painful one that is born from a strain on the median nerve, which loops through the wrist bone to connect it with the rest of the hand and fingers so as to promote motion. This condition can be a painful and debilitating one that usually starts at night, and affects the various fingers, especially the thumb and index finger. The symptoms include numbness, a tingling sensation, a weak grip, and the inability to do many tasks that involve the thumb and index finger. There are many ways of treating this condition with the help of physiotherapy, steroids and corticosteroids. There are easier ways of dealing with this issue on an everyday basis, as follows.
- Wrist Splint: It is a good idea to wear a wrist splint at night which will keep the bones and muscles stationary as the pain in this condition usually starts at night. This will also prevent further damage to the median nerve.
- Activity: Keep your activity to a minimum to give your hand and rest, in particular, some much needed rest from the pain, numbness and tingling. Further, you need to avoid activities that cause too much pain and numbness. Also, take care to keep your thumb and wrist straight during other activities so that there is less strain on the median nerve.
- Strength and Flexibility: Many times, the pain from the wrist and fingers can spread towards the arm as well. In order to prevent this and to treat the pain on a more long term basis, it is important to turn to some mild exercise which can make the area more flexible and strong. This can include wrist twists which can be done ten times for each hand. One can also try Yoga to strengthen the joints in the upper body.
- Ice Pack: Use an ice pack or ice compress on your wrist for ten to fifteen minutes each every few hours to help in relieving unbearable pain.
- Anti-Inflammatory Medication: Patients suffering from this condition can also turn to non steroid medication that will help in bringing down the inflammation. This inflammation is usually responsible to a great extent for symptoms like numbness and pain which can halt various activities. These drugs may include aspirin, ibuprofen, and even naproxen sodium.
- Taking Breaks: One must take regular breaks at work and flex the fingers and the wrist so that the painful bending posture does not make matters worse.
Ensuring that you manage your everyday functioning despite Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a matter of balancing your activities with rest.