Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak KumarYour feedback matters!
Resp Sir, My wife is suffering very badly from Migraine problem since last 20 yrs. MRI was normal. Pl suggest any homeopathy medicine for the same. Also guide what things not to do. Thanx.
migraine-: ayurvedic view
Migraine headaches are commonly defined as episodic or recurrent severe headaches, typically of a throbbing or stabbing nature, usually on one side of the head, the neck or behind the eye.
~~migraine pain commonly lasts for about 6 to 48hrs.
~~migraine is triggered by some factors which result in excessive stimulation (constriction and sudden dilatation) of blood vessels in the head.
~~migraine may or may not be preceded by an aura; aura may cause visual disturbances such as flashing lights, zig-zags, sparkles or blurring of a visual field.
Improper metabolism, suppression of natural urges, anger, jealousy, grief, poor elimination, intake of dry, pungent and salty food, intake of polluted food, mental and physical stress, viewing of tv for long periods, reading with insufficient light, sleeplessness etc.
B. Origin of migraine headaches:
Due to the causative factors, pitta dosha obstructs the flow of vata dosha in the brain, causing throbbing pain.
C. Pain management-:
1. Avoiding the cause and trigger factors.
2. Keeping a diary record of specific foods were eaten, environmental exposure, sleep patterns may help to identify personal trigger factors.
3. Sneha nasya therapy at home-: sneha nasya, instillation of medicated oils to the nostrils by shadbindu tailam or anu tailam yield significant benefits.
4. Apply a paste of freshly ground clay or freshly ground sandalwood to the forehead, let dry, rub off by hand and wash.
5. Mix a quarter teaspoon of clove powder with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon oil. Apply this paste on the affected area for 20-30 minutes.
6. Add chamomile powder to 1 cup of boiling water. Transfer the liquid to a cup. Drink when hot. It gives fast relief from migraine.
7. Take half glass of carrot juice. Add half glass of spinach juice. Mix well. Drink this juice twice daily.
8. Grind 10-12 grains of black pepper and 10-12 grains of rice with water to make it a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area of the head for 15-20 minutes.
9. Sugar powder 16 parts, vamshalochana 8 parts, pippali (long pepper) 4 parts, ela (cardamom) 2 parts, cinnamon - 1 part. Make fine powder and mix it, keep in tight moisture-free container. Take half teaspoon thrice daily with honey.
11. According to Ayurveda virechan (laxative therapy) is an effective way to reduce excess pitta. Castor oil or warm milk with ghee or triphla at bedtime is helpful.
12. Practicing meditation is highly recommended.
13. Morning and evening walk followed by brisk exercise is recommended.
14. Avoid hard physical exertional exercises and aggressive sports competitions.
15. Avoid working for long hours continuously; take short breaks. Have a good night's sleep (8hrs) in a dark room.
~~apple, mango, papaya, cheeku, guava.
~~salad 1hr before lunch, 1hr before dinner.
~~buttermilk, boiled rice sauted with cinnamon, cumin seeds and garlic or asfoetida are good in the daytime.
~~have warm and easily digestible foods, boiled and steamed vegetables, soups, vegetable juices, porridge, brown rice and whole-wheat flour.
~~avoid yogurt, especially at night.
~~avoid refined, oily, spicy, cold, sour foods (fermented, pickled) and stale food, aerated drinks.
~~avoid coffee, tea, alcohol, smoking.
~~avoid cheese, chocolate and wine.
E. Yogasanas and pranayama:
Hastapadasana, setu bandhasana, marjariasana, paschimottanasana, bhastrika and anulom-vilom pranayama.
Note: when suffering from a migraine attack:
~lie down in a dark, quiet place and get some sleep.
~~drink only water.
~~apply hot or cold compresses.
~~ consult doctor
My wife suffering from migraine on left side on head sometime it became simply irresistible. What she can do for relief at that time.
Hello Doctor, I am 32 years old female, working in a pvt company. I have a history of migraine which got better and also low blood pressure and acidity. From the past 10 days I'm having constant headache especially when I get up in the morning. I am taking migranil from past 1 week twice which is relieving the pain. But this headache is daily. I have no stress as such of work or personal. Also it's been 1-2 months I I have this weird pain in my right feet. It's like I feel a hot thing running inside. Its a pinching Sensation. please guide.
When lie down on bed, a couple of fingers in my leg get numb. If get up and keep my legs down then it will slowly become normal. Some times my left leg heel will give me pain while walking. How to get rid of it ?
I am suffering fro insomnia and not able to sleep properly at night causing headaches. It is also causing stress disorder and I am not able to concentrate on work.
My son (8yrs) is under medication for seizures since birth. From birth to 5 yrs he was under sodium valporate. However seizures were minimal during that period. Later he had mild seizure for which doctor recommended epilex chrono 200. But seizures continued and he was given epilex chrono 300. For few months he did not have seizures. After he had got once again seizures (for about 1 minute but aware about the things around and does not fall off) he was suggested to give epilex chrono 300 + livipil 250 (morning & night) during night frisium 5mg along with regular tablets. Even after taking higher dose his seizures seem to continue and more than earlier (more than 1 minute and falls off).
Is there no medicine which can treat nerves. As all medicine try to suppress pain signal sending to brain.
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder, where an affected person suffers from sleeplessness and is unable to fall asleep or remain asleep for a long time which is required to stay healthy. Insomnia affects the functioning of the body and increases pain sensitivity of the body.
Insomnia has many cures and treatment options. Homeopathy is considered to be an important and very efficient form of medication, which treats insomnia and related sleeping disorders. Homeopathy eliminates the cause of insomnia from the roots, and both the disorders and symptoms are cured.
Here are some common homeopathic medicines, which are used to treat insomnia, along with the symptoms when they are prescribed for use:
- Arnica: It is used to ease patients when they overwork physically, and is also useful tor treating insomnia caused due to jet lag.
- Aconite: Aconite cures acute cases of insomnia, which results because of fear, shock, paranoia, grief or due to some bad news. Anxiety, tension and restlessness also cause insomnia, which is cured by aconite.
- Arsenicum album: This homeopathic remedy treats insomnia where a patient feels sleepy during the daytime, but cannot sleep at night. Restlessness and having bad dreams are observed.
- Calcarea phosphoric: This medicine treats insomniac patients who experience difficulty in waking up in the morning. The patient becomes anxious, restless and gets irritated easily and tends to avoid daily routine.
- Causticum: Causticum is used in cases of insomnia where bed wetting is likely by the patient, especially during the first phase of the night. The patient develops a fear of the dark and a strong sense of justice.
- Chamomilla: Used in cases of sleeplessness in babies where teething, anger or colics cause disruption in sleep. The eyes do not close completely during sleep, and the patient moans. It is also used in grown-ups who are irritable and peevish and experience fearful dreams.
- Cocculus: Cocculus cures insomnia, which occurs due to over exhaustion and over strain. It prevails in people who work during night shifts and need to spend sleepless nights due to work.
- Coffea: This homeopathic remedy is derived from coffee beans and provides relaxation to insomniac people. When a person gets over excited and is kept awake because of constant thoughts, coffea can calm that person and make him fall asleep.
- Equisetum: This homeopathic medicine cures insomnia where the patient wets the bed while dreaming. This happens due to immature nervous functioning.
- Ignatia: Ignatia treats insomnia occurring from extreme shock, grief or emotional stress. The patient becomes very moody, jerks his limbs during sleep and experiences disturbing dreams.
Homeopathy is an ideal treatment for insomnia or sleeplessness. Being natural, it works very efficiently without any side effects.
My mother in law aging 73 years has bp and diabetes since very long and has been taking medicine regularly for the same. Last week, she started feeling weak and cramps in legs. 8 days ago, she consulted a physician for the same, e checked the bp and it was 238/110. The doctor has given lasix inj immediately and advised to take lots of fluids and there will be frequent urination after the injection. Within 1.5 hrs of taking that injection she started vomiting. It continued for a day and she became very weak though we have been giving her electoral regularly. Her bp was fluctuating from 190 to 220 for 2 days and she collapsed on 3rd day having seizures. We have taken her to the hospital immediately and the next day it was diagnosed as PRES. Sodium levels were dropped to 97. So the have given sodium for 2 days. She is in ICU now, are the vitals are showing good but still she did not get consciousness. She is able to open her eyes from last 2 days but not looking straight at us neither recognizing or responding to anyone. Doctors are saying it will take time to recover but till now there are no signs of improvement what should we do? What is the general recovery time for this case. What are the improvements we can expect and the timelines? what are the other impacts post recovery? please advise, Thanks a lot!
My son suffering migrane problem since last 4 years. I have taken treatment of ayurvedic, homeopathic and as well as alopethic but all in vein. Please advise in the matter.
I've been experiencing pain (more like a subtle numbness) in my shoulders lately, I workout on daily basis and i'm afraid that my workout is causing the ache.
Since my childhood I have migraine, its killing me. Can any doctor pelrovude permanent solution for that pls.
Inadequate or poor quality sleep can increase the risk of heart disease in due course of time. Short–term sleep deprivation is linked with high cholesterol, high triglycerides, and high blood pressure
Sleep apnea makes people temporarily stop breathing many times during the night. Up to 83% of people with heart disease also have sleep apnea.
In sleep apnea oxygen levels dip and the brain sends an urgent "Breathe now!" signal. That signal briefly wakes the sleeper and makes him or her gasp for air. That signal also jolts the same stress hormone and nerve pathways that are stimulated when you are angry or frightened. As a result, the heart beats faster and blood pressure rises, along with other things that can threaten heart health such as inflammation and an increase in blood clotting ability.