Lybrate.com has top trusted Anesthesiologists from across India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Chitra MehtaYour feedback matters!
I have been suffering from severe backache for last 5 years. I have consulted so many doctors and took lots of painkillers but all they are of temporary. The time the analgesics are finished my back ache sprouts again which results in many sleepless nights. Please help.
My father's leg is paining very fast so please give me any medicine name which is release paining of the leg.
I am 20 year old and I have so much pain in knee while standing up from floor what to do now please help.
Hi Doctor. Today morning I was fell down in the bathroom then my right solder is dislocated then I fix it it's normal position. But now it gives me very pain. What should I do now? It needs to recover very soon.
My brother is having clavicle middle 1/3 fracture complete nut undisplaced. Doctor gave him figure of 8 and shoulder sling. But with sling also he is feeling some sound feeling like bone ends rubbing with each other. Is this is a normal feeling or we need to go for a X ray or to doctor again?
Sir I am suffering from pain in my knee continuously. There is some cramp sound when I sit and stand. It is from past 6 months. Sir give me the right direction.
Hello doctor. I am male 31 years. From few days I am getting body pains and when I wake up from sleep in the morning I get feet pains. Once I walk for 2 min then everything is OK. Also sometime I am getting back pain. Is there any problem.
I am suffering with back pain finally consult a doctor he made a x ray and said my disk move a side little bit what type of thing to do for make my disk come to past position.
I have a back pain from since 1 year. I can control it by taking rest for 3 to 5 hrs. But also it repeats when I went for drive on bike 50 kms a day. It starts again and again. Even though when I do small works of hm cleaning it pains too. Other wise no pain till the work done by me.
My age is 67, I have continuous pain in both foot since last one year. I have taken different kinds of massages and treatment but it has not helped me. I have tried by dipping my feet in hot water bucket and also tried with foot vibrating machine. All efforts have gone waste. Kindly suggest some remedy for my problem.
Hi I am 41 years old. I have backache since long. Pain starts when get up in the morning. I have cervical. Its been years now. Any solution to get rid of this pain besides pain killers?
I have internal pain in my hip. From the last 2 days. Dere is no external pain. Bt it is very much difficult 4 me 2 walk. It pains wen I walk. It is less in morning. Nd at night I feel very much pain. I cnt evn walk at night.
I am 40 year old male last six months I am facing lower back pain and also right leg pain upper side on Knee. I have already done X-ray as per instruction given orthopedic doctor. After seen X ray given instruction you should be complete take rest next 45 days. Please suggest.
What you must know about body ache
Affecting your entire body, body ache is usually an indicator of a condition that requires your attention for the pain to stop or a reaction of your body's immune system to an infection. Understanding the symptoms and the cause of the pain is the first step towards getting the right treatment for your problem.
The causes of body ache can be any one of these:
- an increase in your body's lactic acid as a result of overused muscles (that you normally experience when you perform strenuous exercises) leads to body aches that are not severe but temporary in nature.
- temporary body aches can also occur if you suffer from flu caused by the influenza virus and other medical conditions like fever and viral infections, among others.
- a cause of body aches can be the presence of a serious condition such as Lyme disease or pneumonia that brings about major infection affecting your entire body.
- inflammation of body cells or damage to your body's nervous system in the form of chronic ailments like autoimmune diseases and psychiatric problems can also cause pains and aches to develop all over the body.
What can you do to manage it?
There are simple ways that you can employ to relieve your body aches based on the root cause and these are:
- if the cause of your body ache is the flu, the best way to alleviate your condition is to take a hot bath. The hot water works by eliminating the body pains you may be suffering from. Even a gentle massage can soothe the ache affecting your entire body.
- for body aches that are caused due to overused muscle, you need to apply ice packs for 2-3 weeks on the affected area to bring down the inflammation. Even the application of a heating pad can help in relieving body aches brought on by muscle soreness.
- shoulder and neck pains can be easily prevented by performing simple exercises from time to time such as shoulder shrugs or head turns. Also, the practice of using wrist and forearm rests can reduce your chances of getting shoulder and neck aches.
- reducing your stress levels can also help in effectively lowering the instances of body ache. From sleeping on time to meditating for about 20 minutes a day can help in lowering stress.
In case, you do not get relief from any of the suggested ways, you need to consult a qualified doctor who will guide you on the right treatment course.