Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Astha Dayal
Submit a review for Dr. Astha DayalYour feedback matters!
I had sex with my girlfriend 48 hours ago and she came to know this morning that there was a condom left inside her vagina. It's been 48 hours like that, with the condom inside her vagina. She took an I-pill after 48 hours. What should I do now, what are the things that can go wrong and how should I proceed now. I don't want her to be in problem.
I have missed my period last month last period comes around July last week its more than 45 days what should I do. Also I have not done any unprotected sex.
I am 61 and my wife is 52 She has no periods since last two years Last night we had sex without condom. Any problem or shall she take any pills etc.
Just a news of expecting a baby brings cheer and excitement in a couple’s life. However, being prepared for it helps you become healthy and bring in a healthy baby too.
Here are few things that one must take care of before and while conceiving.
1. Use Ovulation calculator to decide the best time for pregnancy.
2. Stop taking contraceptives.
3. Preconception health care is necessary to avoid miscarriage, stillbirth or premature birth
4. Keep yourself mentally ready and healthy for delivery.
5. Be aware of your body i.e. how healthy and fit you are.
6. Have medical checkups before getting pregnant.
7. If your weight is on the higher side, lose weight before getting pregnant as being overweight brings complications.
8. Fathers should also avoid smoking and drinking for better sperm quality.
9. Intake of regular folic acid.
10. Regular Exercise.
11. Stay away from Infections.
12. Consult dentist as hormonal shifts can cause gum diseases which are harmful for baby.
13. Eat lot of fish for child’s development but avoid fish that has mercury.
14. Completely avoid smoking, drinking and caffeine yourself.
15. Avoid passive smoking too.
16. Avoid soda and fruit juice as they may raise sugar levels.
17. Sleep as much as you can.
18. Take adequate amount of iodine in your diet.
19. Take up-to-date vaccinations.
20. Ensure balanced diet in consultation with dietician.
21. Keep yourself away from stress.
22. Take lot of carbohydrates, milk and milk products, fats and proteins and fresh fruits and vegetables and avoid taking uncooked or undercooked food.
23. Have a healthy working environment and avoid getting exposed to chemicals like lead and mercury and radioactive substances like X-Rays.
24. Do not take any medicine for headache, pain etc. without consulting your doctor.
25. Keep a check on your blood pressure.
On 3rd of July we had sex, within 5 hours of sex my girlfriend took i-pill, then on 9th of July she got her withdrawal bleeding, it was very slight continued for 1 and half days, after that on 6th of August she got her periods which continued for 3-4 days, and then on 26th August we make out via oral sex and fingering, but sexual intercourse has not occurred, in no way the penis was inserted into the vagina, and whenever the sperm has been discharged by normal masturbating, each time it was being washed with water. Not only the penny even the fingers also. But after that fingering is done as well as oral sex but every time when sperm is discharged via masturbation it was washed by water. The next period date was on 3rd of September, as she had generally a cycle of 28 days. But today is 4th of September and still she has not got her periods. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?
Dr. I am 23 year old I got married in april 2015 we are trying to conceive every time we expect but fail to. Every month my wife menses late for 15 to 20 days month after month irregular menses .now she detected with pcos .medication is on and exercise also .but sometime I feel that is there any wrong with my fertility or my wife irregular menses making negative us to conceive .please guide me .regards.
Harsingar - Jasmine, the beautiful and full of fragrance flowers calms the soul and mind.
The extract or decoction of leaves subsides the Sciatica and Cervical pains.
For details and professional advise, please converse privately.
सुंदर सुगंधित फूल, पीडा.नाशक भी ।
I have one blockage fallopian tube. Second is normal. My husband is azoospermic. I want issue resolved. I got married 10 yrs ago. I got 3 times iui. But it fail. please help me what I do.
Hello Dr. I am pregnant 15 days. Pregnancy me sex karna chahiye ya nhi Mera 1 year ago 1 month ka miscarriage ho chuka h please suggest.
Once the reality of the positive pregnancy test sets in, dreaming about the yet-to-arrive begins. Curiosity about gender, options for names, ways to manage, shopping ideas, etc., begin to get discussed. And then totally out of the blue the news comes that there is a miscarriage. This is one of the most depressing phases. It is very important for the family to be around and support each other. While the entire family is upset and hurt over the news, the mother needs most care as there is just not emotional but a huge physical component also to the episode. On the other hand, remember that miscarriages are extremely common, and is no indication of a fertility issue.
The first step would be to diagnose and confirm the miscarriage. After that, depending on whether it was complete or incomplete, some medical intervention might be required. In most cases, medications like misoprostol are given to expel the uterine contents. These help by clearing out the contents in about a couple of days' time. In some cases, a D&C might be required if your doctor suspects that medication will not suffice. This also helps identify if there is any issue in the uterus that could have caused the miscarriage.
While the above take care of the physical part, the emotional component also requires cautious management. Needless to say, this is trickier than the earlier one.
Mourn to your heart's content - When you have nursed a life within you and have lost it, it is very normal to cry for its loss. There would be a mix of emotions - shock, denial, confusion, anger, grief, depression, etc. Take some solace from that fact that this is nature's way of removing unhealthy fetuses.
Get someone to talk to - Need not be your husband, but anybody whom you can talk to without having to watch words. A sibling, a good friend, a close relative - your choice. Make sure you don't pick ones who will judge and sympathize with you. More than sympathy, you need someone understanding and knowledgeable.
Socialize more - As you would have kept to yourself post your positive test, use this time to socialize more and meet friends whom you have not regularly been in touch with. Close family members, your children (if you already have), society groups, movie groups, etc., help to a great extent.
Formal medical counseling - If you are not able to cope with your regular circle of family and friends, try seeking professional advice from counseling.
Spirituality - Whether you believe in temple or churches, spend some time there. Involve in some religious activity if you would like, this helps very often.
As much as it is painful and traumatic, it is not very uncommon or unnatural. Get back on your feet, the sooner you do, the better. If you think you need additional help and would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.