Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Aruna Kalra

MBBS, MD - Obstetrics & Gynaecology

Gynaecologist, Gurgaon

21 Years Experience  ·  500 - 700 at clinic
Dr. Aruna Kalra MBBS, MD - Obstetrics & Gynaecology Gynaecologist, Gurgaon
21 Years Experience  ·  500 - 700 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

Our team includes experienced and caring professionals who share the belief that our care should be comprehensive and courteous - responding fully to your individual needs and preferences....more
Our team includes experienced and caring professionals who share the belief that our care should be comprehensive and courteous - responding fully to your individual needs and preferences.
More about Dr. Aruna Kalra
Dr. Aruna Kalra is an experienced Gynaecologist in Sohna, Gurgaon. She has had many happy patients in her 21 years of journey as a Gynaecologist. She is a MBBS, MD - Obstetrics & Gynaecology . You can meet Dr. Aruna Kalra personally at Mum's Clinic in Sohna, Gurgaon. You can book an instant appointment online with Dr. Aruna Kalra on has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


MBBS - BRD Medical college , Gorakhpur - 1996
MD - Obstetrics & Gynaecology - Kasturba Medical College - Mangalore - 2000
Awards and Recognitions
Gold Medal in PG Quiz Competition
Professional Memberships
Federation of Obstetric and Gynaecological Societies of India (FOGSI)


Book Clinic Appointment

Mum's Clinic

Shop No. 9, 1st Floor, B Block Market South CityII. Landmark: Near Sohna Road Gurgaon, GurgaonGurgaon Get Directions
500 at clinic

Mum's Clinic

Shop Number 207, 2nd Floor, Landmark : B Block Market, GurgaonGurgaon Get Directions
700 at clinic

Paras Hospital

C-1, Sushant Lok-1, Sector-43, Gurgaon, Haryana 122002 Landmark : Near Golsukh Mall & Straight To Huda City Centre Metro Station.Gurgaon Get Directions
700 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Aruna Kalra

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Frozen Shoulder

FRHS, Ph.D Neuro , MPT - Neurology Physiotherapy, D.Sp.Med, DPHM (Health Management ), BPTh/BPT
Physiotherapist, Chennai
Frozen Shoulder

Health Tip - Frozen Shoulder

Frozen shoulder is a condition in which the shoulder is painful to move and movement is often completely restricted. In painful are the patient is able to move the arm away from the body up to a point at which pain starts and continues as the arm is moved further out. As soon as the arm moves out of the painful range the pain disappears and the arm can be moved normally until the arm is above the head.

Though the pain reduces over a period of 6 to 9 months the stiffness in the joint gradually increases. The characteristic features of frozen shoulder is that the pain subsides but the stiffness remains. It is because of the inflammation of the lining of the shoulder joint.

Treatment for frozen shoulder consists of pain 
Killers physiotherapy and shoulder strengthening exercises, in cases with severe pain intra articular injection that is within the joint mainly done in the theatre, of injections of steroids gives instant relief but only to recur after some time. Arthroscopic surgery is another alternative when other methods fail to give adequate relief.

9 people found this helpful

Hi doctor am a pcos patient also hormonal imbalance. I had protected sex 3 months ago. Then I got periods like twice n month I consult doctor she referred krimson 35 after that spotting for 7 days then one day regular flow now I stopped krimson 35. Then I started bleeding within 14 days. Then ref deviry for 5 days now I completed 5 days. When should I expect my periods ? IS THERE ANY POSSIBLE FOR PREGNANCY? I had sex with condom.

Gynaecologist, Delhi
If you have protected sex 3 months ago and had bleeding intermittently which may be because of hormonal imbalance and treatment. You should have bleeding within next 10 days of stopping deviry. Anyways if you are so anxious to rule out pregnancy best would be to do a blood test for beta hcg and a trans vaginal ultrasound.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Maine abhi 5 din pahle hi check kiya hai ki mai pregnant hu. Toh please mjhe ye btaye ki pregancy me sex kr skte h ya nahi. Please fast.

MBBS, MD Psychiatry, DNB Psychiatry
Psychiatrist, Nagpur
Yes. There is no harm in having sex in pregnancy. Sex has to be avoided only if you are advised by your gynecologist in case of certain problems of the uterus only.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

We try for pregency. Scan main aya k egg ban huya hai. But mere ko pehle 8 march k peroid aye c but aab 6april ko aa gye aap period normal period k jashe nhi hai. Bleeding k color brown aa raha hai. Koi back pain nhi ho rhi. Please tell me mere sath je kya ho raha hai.

MD - Alternate Medicine, PGDIP.IN GERIATRIC CARE, Post Graduate Diploma in Holistic Healthcare
Ayurveda, Balasore
Hi lybrate-user, your ovulation is ok. Your period is normal. But your chance of pregnancy is less due to dysmenorrhoea. That means cycle is not clear and ok. Congestive dysmenorrhoea occurs with brown color of blood. Try to correct your cycle by natural herbal drugs. Your endometrial bed will be ok and fit for implantation of fetus. Ovarian cycle may be normal but uterine cycle should be well.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Ayurveda, Trivandrum
dear readers,
most of the unhealthy situation can be cured upto 90% only
by practicing proper breathing pattern.if u r interested then let me know.i will give u lessons on that.

I doubt that I have genital herpes near my anus. And it is slightly changed to gray. Can I know what it is?

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Sexologist, Faridabad
While some people realize that they have genital herpes, many do not. It is estimated that one in five persons in the United States has genital herpes; however, as many as 90 percent are unaware that they have the virus. This is because many people have very mild symptoms that go unrecognized or are mistaken for another condition or no symptoms at all
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Before one week of my period. My right breast is discharging thin density white colored discharge if pressed. I'm not pregnant but take thyroid medicine. This happened 1st time. What should I do?

MBBS, DNB (Obstetrics and Gynecology), MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology
Gynaecologist, Delhi
Hypothyroidism can be associated with Hyperprolactinaemia. Get your serum Prolactin checked. Treatment can be discussed over a private consultation.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 32 years old female. I am hypothyroid, have ptosis, pics, irregular periods. Height 5"

MBBS, MS - Obstetrics & Gynecology, Fellowship in Infertility (IVF Specialist)
Gynaecologist, Aurangabad
hi Jig, all these problems could be due to hormonal imbalance. please follow healthy lifestyle like exercising daily for 40minutes and diet rich in protein, avoid oily spicy foods and bakery products.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

His wife has pcod problem n his sperm count is a bit low. At present they are trying for a baby. What can the do to convince a baby. And what are the most productive days to convince a baby.

General Physician, Cuttack
Low sperm count could be due tot testosterone deficiency 1.Go for regular exercise like brisk walking for 30 minutes daily, 2.reduce weight if you are over weight 3. Take adequate rest and have 7-8 hours of sound sleep in the night 4. Avoid stress 5.Avoid dietary sugar like bread, pasta, use healthy fats like olive oil 6.Take zinc containing food like milk, meat, fish, cheese, beans, yogurt etc 7. Take vitamin D supplement (1000-2000 mg daily). 8.Take Plenty of green leafy vegetables, cauliflower, spinach, bean, mushroom, onion, garlic, fruits, diet rich in mono unsaturated fat& eomega 3 fatty acid (walnut, almond,flax seed/flax seed oil, soybean/soy milk/ oil), egg, fish,fish oil, sardines,salmon, dark chocolate, carrots,oats, blue berries/ banana/pomegranate/cereals, 9.Drink plenty of water, pomegranate juice, green tea 2-3 cups /day without sugar/ milk (contains anti oxidant like flavonoid and helps in improving sperm quality, but in high doses may affect sperm quality) 10. Avoid smoking, alcohol consumption 11. Take one capsule of Zevit daily, 12. If required you have to take injection testosterone after checking blood testosterone level and consulting doctor 13. Drinking pomegranate juice can increase sperm count, healthier sperms, sperm concentration, helps in erectile dysfunction, sperm conentrationc/motility/ density and reduce abnormal sperms.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Two to three lumps are growing on my pelvic area. I have already consulted a doctor who checked and told that they are growing due to shaving the hairs. DO now, should I stop shaving the hairs? Are they harmful? What can be done to prevent them from growing? Y are these lumps actually growing? Will I be having any problems in future due to these lumps?

MBBS, MD - Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy
Dermatologist, Mumbai
I cannot answer until I see the lumps. If they are painful they must be furuncles which are hair root infection. It can happen due to infection after shaving as the hairs get traumatized. Please call me or send photos using online consult option for proper examination and treatment advice.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Meri igg value 2.75& cmv igg 3.59 hai. Age 32, last mon. Perid 10 aug 16 hai .kya mai baby le sakta hu. Koi khatra to nahi hai.

General Physician, Mumbai
There is 10% chance that the baby can get congenital malformations due to cmv But you have to decide with your treating doctor for -- benefits outweigh the risks.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am from west bengal. Female/25 years old. Two three years back I was a owner of nice slim figure. Then I go to hostel in kolkata for continuing my study but there I became addicted of fast food. Then I gain weight from 56 to 71. I came back to home after completing the course and I reduced consumption of fast foods. But my weight was not reduced. Then I joined gym at november 2015. Since then I am exercising as per instructor guide and I became to feel lighter. My saggy hands became toned, double chin reduced and but belly fat are not reducing. Every week I measure my weight it neither increased nor reduced. Now my weight is 70 kgs. My height 5ft 3 inches. I never do diet but I do not go to restaurant or fast food corner. I cook at home and eat. But if I cook with oil at home, will be it effecting same like street foods? I do not like strict diets but do not know how to loose my weight. please suggest me a diet where foods have variation, I can make food with easily available items, and a easy detox program. When I search for diet at internet, most suggested food" s ingredients I can see is not easily available for me. I am bengali. If there is a bengali diet, suggest me please Thank you.

Certification in Diabetes Educators Program, Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Nutrition
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Mumbai
Weight loss and fat loss are not the same. Weight is your whole body weight which is muscle, organs, bones, water. Whereas fat weight is just the fat. You have to concentrate on fats only. There can be many conditions why your weight is not decreasing 1) you may have some hormonal issues. 2) you have developed muscles, which is extremely good. Muscles give you strength and shape to your body. It is most metabolically active tissue of your body. 3) there can be a lot of water retention in the body. It is extremely good that you are already exercising. But you need to follow a good nutrition program as that will help you to lose fat from the body. Your diet must include whole food like vegetables, fruits, whole grains like roti, brown rice, or sheddo chaal which bengalis eat, whole dais like moong, rajma, bengal gram and eggs, fish and chicken in the right proportion. Drink lots of water. Avoid sugars and sweets. You have to see that your body loses inches. Do not bother about the weight.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a 26 years old unmarried girl. I am suffering from PCOS since 2009. I have tried various allopathic and homeopathic treatments but the problem kept coming back once the medicines stopped. I am currently taking Patanjali medicines: Kanchnar Guggul, Dashmularishta, street Rasayan Vati, Punarvadi Mandoor, Udramrit Vati. I have been taking these medicines since the last 3 months but there has only been a marginal improvement. I am also fed up of not being able to loose weight. Is the above course of treatment right?

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Pune
Following of periods paricharya during period days is must for reversing of pcos avoid heavy food heavy work bathing travelling exercise during period days take rest during periods then only you will se quick results eat fresh garam garam home made food only avoid overeating and frequently eating habits avoid day time sleeping and late night jagaran study drink luke warm water during this winter season 1/2 strength exercise in morning is best way for lossing extra fat and strengthning body functions for more details consult privetly.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

One year of marriage not able to conceive. Age 39, gynae said that there is mild pcod. She gave ovagrace sachet and metformin in the month of aug. Two months have passed taking these medicines but still unable to conceive.

MS - Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Gynaecologist, Mumbai
Need to know many other factors which can make me understand exact reason like, basic hormonal level, semen analysis, tubal patency, follicular study you can consult me privately with all these reports.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hiii doctor I am 27 year old my height 5.6 and weight 55 I want to conceive a baby but I have thyroid problem not to high tsh 6.2 and below so if I conceive is it any prob in future?

CCMTD, CCEBDM, C.Diabetology, American Diabetes Association, DOMS, MBBS
Endocrinologist, Mumbai
yes there can be. Make sure that your thyroid levels are well controlled before planning for pregnancy
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a 32 year old woman. I had sex on dec 14. After intercourse, I observed that my vagina is full of blood. But this was not my 1st time intercourse and for that period menses not occurred. I worried about that, why blood flow from my vagina without menstrual circle? doctor help me please.

General Physician (AM)
Alternative Medicine Specialist, Chandigarh
Bleeding after sex is not normal. However, many underlying causes of bleeding after sex are there such as vaginal dryness and cervical dysplasia, these are treatable if promptly diagnosed and treated. Treatment of bleeding after sex varies and is tailored to the individual case, the underlying cause, the severity of symptoms, and the presence of any complications it can result from a variety of conditions or diseases that include: abnormal growths (such as polyps or fibroids) on the cervix or in the uterus, abnormal cells of the cervix (possibly precancerous cells, infection or inflammation of the vagina, uterus or cervix, malignancy (cancer, trauma to the vagina or cervix.
4 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a 24 year girl. My vagina hole is very loose. So can you suggest some needful advice to make it tight.

MBBS, MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology
Gynaecologist, Delhi
Are you sexually active for a long time. If you think that has caused looseness of your vagina, vaginoplasty surgery is available whicv can tighten your vagina.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi, I am 24 years old. Me and my partner got close to each other but don't have sex on 7th aug. I got my period on 8th. It last for 5 days. Now this month I haven't got my period still. Is it possible that I can get pregnant even after getting my period one month before.

M.B.B.S., F.I.C.A. (USA), P.G.D.I.H, F.C.G.P., D.C.A.H
Psychiatrist, Vadodara
Usually not possible, wait for few days, sometimes it can be delayed. After that checkup may be needed.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed