Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anshul Pahwa
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Anshul PahwaYour feedback matters!
I am 24 year old boy I want to know the invisalign price How much it? Can any tell me I want go through the invisalign treatment because my upper teeth is slightly tilted.
Sir due to enzymes deficiency in saliva will we have continuous bad breath even after maintaining good oral hygiene.
I have pain in my teeth from 2 day's, earlier I was undergone to treatment, they clean my tooth and cover a silver cap, after 3 three years it's pain in my tooth, which treatment is suitable for me now?
I am suffering from bleed in my teeth. When I take apple bleed come out and mark on the apple and also bash comes my mouth .plz give me advise of paste and medicine.
Dental fluorosis is characterized by white patches on the teeth, caused due to excess fluoride ingestion during enamel formation. This condition is commonly observed in children aged between 3 months to 8 years. It occurs in the early stages of life when teeth are just beginning to form.
What are the causes for dental fluorosis?
Dental fluorosis results from over exposure to fluoride during the early stage of tooth development. Excessive consumption of fluoride causes damage to the enamel cells, which in turn leads to mineralization disorder. The major sources of fluoride are-
- Drinking water that contains high level of fluoride
- Baby food, cookies that contain fluoride
- Certain medications prescribed to children for improving teeth strength, that contain high amount of fluoride
- Toothpastes containing excess amount of fluoride
If the level of fluoride exceeds the recommended range, then your teeth may develop white, yellow or dark brown patches/stains on the surface.
How can dental fluorosis be prevented?
Dental fluorosis is extremely common. With proper preemptive measures and parental guidance, this onset of this condition can be prevented.
- Apply a pea-sized amount of toothpaste when brushing your teeth
- Brushing your teeth several times a day can increase the risk of consuming excessive fluoride. So make sure you don’t end up brushing your teeth more than twice a day.
- Children are advised to brush their teeth under the supervision of an elder. So that the child does not end up swallowing the toothpaste.
- Avoid intake of fluoride supplements, unless prescribed by your doctor. Even if your child is advised to take these supplements, the dosage should not exceed the level that’s been prescribed.
What is the treatment for dental fluorosis?
Although mild dental fluorosis does not always need the patient to undergo treatment, it may affect the back of your teeth and cause discoloration of tooth. In such cases, the doctor can perform the following techniques-
- Tooth whitening- this technique is used to remove unsightly, unpleasant stains and whiten your tooth
- Bonding- the affected tooth is coated with a hard resin which bonds with the enamel
- Veneers- these are custom-made shells which cover your teeth at the front and improve their appearance. Veneers are used in case of severe dental fluorosis.
Dental fluorosis is not a disease. It is a dental condition which can be prevented, and treated if necessary. Follow the above guidelines to avoid fluorosis. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!