Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ankur
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. AnkurYour feedback matters!
I am having pain in my leg and moreover I am having a flat foot and as I do not know cycling, I prefer walking always and use public transport/auto for other purpose. I am a strict vegetarian and brahmin and always prefer home food only.
My mother is experiencing Knee pain for more than a month now. I noticed some swelling on her knee too. She is over weight and diabetic. But she is very active. Her weight remains constant even after following normal diet. She applies Pain relief oils named Orto. But it doesn't helps much. Please advise what diet and exercise she should follow?
Dear Sir, Hi I am from Mumbai. My mother having some back pain issue since 15 years. We have done many treatments like stretching and some kind of physiotherapy. Currently she has suffer by right body pain (right leg, right hand, right side of neck & right side of back) even she couldn't seat easily. We have done MRI &Dr says that her right side nerve cramp in vertebrae also there is gap between back & neck bones of vertebral column. Dr. suggest for operation but we decide some physiotherapy & after 2 months she now feeling well, now she don't have right side pain. But problem is now she is suffer by left side body pain & she still not recover. We have done same physiotherapy on left side also but after 1 month treatment there is no any improvement observed. Some Dr. Says try to avoid operation because it is not safe for patient. Kindly suggest what we can do to recover in this situation & will be safe for patient also. Your consultation is valuable for us, waiting for your reply. Thank you Best Regards,
Fibromyalgia is a musculoskeletal disorder that is characterized by pain in the muscles and the joints. This disorder leads to the development of multiple tender points on the body, wherein, a very small amount of pressure applied might result in pain. In some cases, social isolation and depression may occur as a result of this disorder.
The symptoms of fibromyalgia are:
1. You will have difficulties in sleeping at night
2. You may experience mental problems and cognitive dysfunction
3. Light and noise sensitivity
4. Irritable bowel syndrome
5. A numb feeling on your hands and feet
6. Chronic headaches
7. You may experience painful periods
8. Restless legs syndrome
9. You may be depressed
The muscles of the body tend to feel overworked, even though you may not have exercised. You may also experience deep throbbing pain and burning sensation in the muscles. In addition, it may cause symptoms similar to osteoarthritis and bursitis. You are at a higher risk of being affected by fibromyalgia if you have a family history of this particular disease.
Some other causes of this disease are:
1. Certain infections and illness may lead to fibromyalgia
2. Car accidents
3. Any repetitive motion
The treatments for this disorder include:
- Sleep management: Optimal levels of sleep at night help in improving symptoms of fibromyalgia. Don’t drink coffee or consume spicy foods before going to bed as these have the ability to interfere with your sleep cycles.
- Medications: The doctor may prescribe medications to manage the pain. Taking anti-depressants may be necessary if you suffer from depression.
- Other therapies: Massage treatments help in easing the symptoms of fibromyalgia. You may continue with your exercise regimen after consulting the doctor. Relaxation techniques like mediation may help improving your mental health. You may also be asked to include various food supplements to make sure your body receives the necessary nutrients in the right amounts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopaedics.