Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Anita CheckerYour feedback matters!
Iron is definitely one of the most important ingredients and nutrients that we require. Most of the health problems in the world are caused due to iron deficiency, including low immunity and anaemia, among many others. The lack of iron can lead to a variety of development delays and can also affect the haemoglobin levels in the blood which gives rise to symptoms like dizzy spells and fatigue.
So what are the underrated facts about iron that we need to know? Read on to know more!
- Transport of Oxygen: Iron is credited with the transport of oxygen within the human body. It is a well known fact that all the cells, atoms and tissues in our body need oxygen, in order to grow and maintain livelihood. The red blood cells in our body are a good source of this oxygen as they contain an iron rich protein called haemoglobin. This element is what takes the oxygen which is later released in a more targeted manner. While two grams of oxygen can exist in the cells at any given point, this supply can diminish if the dietary iron intake reduces which can lead to a condition called anaemia.
- Production of Energy: Iron is also an element that helps in the metabolism, which has great implications for the various organs and muscles of the human body. The cells of our body are known to burn these calories in the diet so as to create energy which activates these organs. If the iron resources become low in these cells, then the process does not take place in a proper manner, which can lead to symptoms like fatigue before the organ functionality gets compromised.
- Iron Rich Food: The kind of foods and materials contain iron include legumes, lentils, fish, tofu, seafood, pork, soybeans, liver, green vegetables like spinach and ladies fingers, raisins, strawberries, and other fortified food like cereals. It is a well known fact that plant foods tend to contain lower levels of iron as compared to animal foods like red meat. Also, there are many spices that are rich in iron including cumin and cardamom, which can be used on a daily basis to pepper your salads and stir fry preparations.
- Cooking and Storage: Iron usually gets sucked out of food when the food is cooked for long or processed and packaged under highly intense condition or with excessive salt additives. Also, when you cook plant sources too much, then the iron can escape by way of the water that it leaves, which evaporates.
Find out a good way to bring iron into your diet, but remember that too much of iron can also lead to toxicity.
Vaginal cysts are closed packets of fluid, air or pus which develop along the vaginal lining. Vaginal cysts are of many types, and they are usually caused by accumulation of fluids, childbirth-related injuries or non-malignant tumors in the vagina. Usually these cysts do not yield many symptoms, but may cause a little discomfort.
Treatment might not be needed in case of cysts which are tiny. However, larger cysts would definitely warrant medical attention.
Types of Cysts
The commonly occurring cysts are:
Gartner’s Duct Cysts: This duct forms around a woman’s reproductive canal during pregnancy and it disappears post childbirth. If the duct remains even after the delivery, it may lead to fluid accumulation, thus resulting in a cyst.
Vaginal Inclusion Cysts: Any injury to the vaginal walls, especially during childbirth or surgery, can lead to vaginal inclusion cysts.
Bartholin’s Cyst: Bartholin’s gland is situated near the vaginal opening. A flap of skin covering this gland may lead to accumulation of fluid. This fluid accumulation usually leads to a cyst which is called a Bartholin’s cyst.
Usually, cysts in the vagina do not require any treatment. Most of the cysts do not grow in size and thus do not cause major problems. A biopsy of the cyst may require in order to rule out chances of cancer. A common treatment for vaginal cysts would be to sit inside a bathtub filled with warm water so that the cyst is allowed to soak in the water. If there are symptoms of infection in the vagina, then antibiotics are required.
If the size of the cyst is large and filled with fluids, then a catheter needs to be inserted into it to drain out the cyst. Usually, the catheter is kept in place for a few weeks before it is removed. A surgical procedure called marsupialization is used in some cases, wherein an incision is made around the affected area and into the cyst in order to drain out its contents.
Surgery to remove the entire cyst may also be recommended to prevent its recurrence. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Health Benefits of Apple
Apples strengthen the heart, quench thirst, lubricate the lungs, decrease mucous and increase body fluids.
Hey! Me and my boyfriend made love last friday and saturday but he did not cum inside me! !But to be safe I had a birth control pill on tuesday! after that I bleed! But after two days I vomited and checked my pregnancy with a pregnancy kit and it was positive! So am I really pregnant? If yes then what should I do to abort this child?
Most of us today live a hectic life be it pressing deadlines or tiring social engagements, but in all this hustle and bustle we tend to often neglect our health. Do we know that today for all of us there is a great need for preventive care, especially in today's world where the threats are magnified. This also includes being able to get the proper guidance to imbibe a healthier lifestyle with regular tests and health checkups that will help us in knowing our present state of health and will help is in identifying risks and threats well in advance.
Did you know, that almost seven out of ten fatalities or deaths are caused due to chronic disease and that half these cases do not recognise the early symptoms and risks with proper screening and regular
check ups. Sounds familiar, are you also one of those who have never cared for preventive healthcare check ups?
These preventive health checkups are actually life saving, as they update you on how fit and healthy you are. Preventive health care basically deals with the prevention of diseases and conditions that may be caused due to environmental factors, genetic predisposition of the patient, lifestyle choices as well as disease agents. In this field, constant check ups and preventive action equips people to deal with and ward off these causes so as to prevent the onset of a number of disease and ailments. Here is everything you need to know about preventive healthcare.
In today's time it is very simple to get a preventive health check up done, all it takes is a simple blood and urine test at a lab and you will be able to know all you need to know about your health. Further, if there has been an outbreak of an epidemic where you live, then preventive health care will help in getting the right tests done at the right time so as to ensure that you get the proper vaccinations. With preventive healthcare, you can also get genetic testing done on a regular basis so as to learn more about preventing diseases like asthma, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and many others that one might inherit genetically.
Now I am seven week pregnant. And from last 2 to 3 days. I have urine infection. Can you suggest what'll I do.
I am having cramps, dizziness, nausea, frequent urination, over sleeping, weightless almost 85% pregnancy symptoms ,I didn't use pregnancy kit, is there chances of pregnancy?
Hello Respected Doctors I am 45 years old and my wife age 30 years .today morning we did unprotected sexual intercourse and she take pill at noon. So I want to know there is any chance of pregnancy?
Hi, After having sex I had unwanted 72 is there any chances of pregnancy after talking this pill or not?
Can I kiss and lick with tongue my wife vagina .Will it cause any harm to me. because some secretions in the form of fluid is done by vagina during sex.
Mein MDR TB patient hu and I have a gf who is 16 years old n im 30 years old and we have intercourse 2 to 3 days weekly. My question is will she get pregnant even after she has a regular periods n one thing to mention she doesn't like condoms so we have unprotected sex every time. .plz help me.
Hello Sir, Main 5 month se pregnant hu or mujhe thyroid ho gya h sir ye hypothyroidism pregnancy ke baad khatam ho jata hai ya hamesha rehta h main 50 mcg ki tablet le rhi hu.
Since two months I am finding little change in my periods. Bleeding occur less than before and having smell. Previously I never felt such bad smell. In non periods days White discharge also have smell that I never felt before. What can be its causes nd what should I do? Kindly reply as soon as possible to help me.
My height is 5.1 and my weight is 61. Is this is overweight? is this is the one of the reason of my infertility? thankyou.
Hi I really wanted to know that if I do sex with my girlfriend will his future hubby will know about our sex can really anyone find out that she has been fucked before.
Can a girl get pregnant on 1st day of period. She has normal period cycle of 28-32 days and her boyfriend didn't discharge inside.
I am 6 week pregnant and two days before I got a blood spot in the morning. After that nothing is there. I go to my doctor and she suggest me to do ultrasound. I am very worry. Please suggest urgently that is it safe to do ultrasound in early pregnancy. Please reply. Its urgent.
I am 23 year old girl who is self experiencing the sex by crossing my legs and hold them tightly when I got a erotic feeling am doing this from five or six years . Am I loosing virginity by doing this so? Did not I bleed at my first mate. Am worrying about this kindly suggest me.
Candidiasis or yeast Infection of the female reproductive organ is a condition caused from the fungus known as ‘Candida’. A vaginal yeast infection is accompanied by severe itching, swelling or irritation in your vaginal region.
Yeast is present in your vagina in a small proportion as part of the normal vaginal flora, an imbalance of which results in vaginal Yeast Infection. Frequent in its nature, these infections can be quite bothering due to the symptoms that such as persistent burning sensation in your genital area, excess vaginal discharge, painful sex, rashes followed by soreness around your vagina.
What are the causes of Vaginal Yeast Infection?
- Antibiotics lowering good bacteria or ‘lactobacillus’ within your vagina
- Unchecked and untreated diabetes
- A Fragile immune System
- Uncontrolled eating habits, like consuming a lot of sugary food
- Menstrual imbalance
- Inadequate or no sleep
How to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection?
Treatment of the infection varies with the severity of the condition. For simple infections
- One to three days of anti-fungal medications in the form of cream or ointment, for instance, Terazol, Lotrimin, Gynazle and Monistat.
- One dosage of an oral medicine known as Fluconazole
For complicated Infections
There are particular types of Candida that does not respond to the normal treatment and hence requires a more aggressive approach. If you meet any one of the following criteria like uncontrolled diabetes, weak immune system due to HIV positive or medicinal side-effects, you are pregnant, excess build-up of the candida fungus, the infections recur more than four times a year or you are down with severe itching, swelling, redness, tears or sores in your vaginal area, your case is severe and complex.
Possible treatments in this situation can be:
- A 14-day tablet course, cream or ointment for vaginal treatment.
- 2 to 3 dosages or a long term usage of anti-fungal medication or Fluconazole (not suggested for pregnant women).
- Cure of your sexual partner who may be transmitting it to you (although these are rare) or use of condoms during intercourse.