Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AmarpalliYour feedback matters!
I've got irregular periods since my puberty. I've tried all types of treatments but in vain. I'm gaining weight constantly even though I work out, it is not possible. They say it is PCOD. I'm unmarried. Can you help me?
I had a small swelling on right upper breast, I removed and send biopsy three years back in CMC. I got result that I am healthy but from 1 year I am getting pain in right breast. So I want to consult gynaecologist for checking my breasts.
I was taking combination of fertomid and ovigyn dsr tablet on my doc prescription and now I got positive home pregnancy test after a missed period. Can I rely on test or it may be false ?
Swine flu is the commonly used word for H1N1 influenza virus infection. It is a relatively newer strain of the influenza virus, and is so called because it was originally discovered in people who were in direct contact with pigs. This is not necessarily the case now. Also, one should note that despite the name, it does not spread by eating pork or bacon or ham.
It is very contagious and spreads from person to person very rapidly. Swine flu was big news in 2009 when it was declared a pandemic an is in news again as a number of people have succumb to death in 2017 because of it.
Mechanism of spread: When a person with flu sneezes or coughs, the virus is released into the air, and when another person breathes the virus, they get the disease. It could also be through surfaces like doors or restroom handles which were handled by the infected person. The symptoms take about 7 days to develop, and could be quicker and severe in people with weak immune system
Symptoms: Swine flu resembles the regular flu with generic symptoms including:
Testing: A swab test can be done but is not required in all people, except the below
- Extremely young or old people
- People with known weakened immunity
- People with debilitating medical conditions (chronic lung or liver disease, severe diabetes, nervous disorders, etc.)
- People in nursing or assisted living
- When swine flu is detected, one of the following medications is usually given – osteltavimir, peramivir, or zanamivir. The results are best when given in the first 48 hours.
- Antibiotics are not effective as it is a viral disease.
- Cold and fever medications are given for symptomatic relief
- Aspirin should be avoided
Prevention: When there is a high incidence of swine flu in your surroundings, do the following:
- If you are affected, stay indoors to avoid spreading the disease
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water.
- Contain coughs and sneezes with a kerchief or a tissue so that virus spread is limited
- Avoid touching the eyes, nose, and mouth with likely infected hands
- Keep elderly, pregnant, asthmatics, and young people away from the infected person. They have lower immunity and can contract the infection much faster
- If you are infected, limit your movement in the household and try to stay put in one place
- Caretaking preferably should be done by one person to limit exposure among all the members in the family. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.
Pregnancy Query I check pregnancy test morning its negative but after few hours its 2 line in kit what its mean.
Hello doctor. My sister is pregnant and its her second month going on. Her all test reports are normal but hb value is only 9.She is a working woman. How can her baby be healthy please suggest some foods that will help in increasing hb value. please suggest some diet plan.
There are diseases which affect us in spite of us trying to keep them away as far as possible and then there are lifestyle diseases, for which we are largely to blame. It can be said that lifestyle diseases are those, which occur on account of the decisions we make and the actions we commit. Having said that, would it not be interesting to know more about lifestyle diseases?
There are various kinds of lifestyle diseases, which affect various parts of the body. For instance, if a person drinks a significant amount of alcohol, more than what he or she should, then he may soon be affected by a lifestyle disease in the form of liver cirrhosis. Apart from just the alcohol, this condition can also be caused on account of chronic hepatitis.
- Stroke: A lot of people are of the opinion that a stroke is something, which only strikes old people. However, this is not correct. In fact, there is quite a bit of trouble can be caused if this opinion is held and people allow themselves to not care enough about their health using this as justification. Statistically, up to 15% of the cases of stroke in a country such as India occur to people who have not even reached the age of 40. Surprising and scary at the same time, isn’t it?
- Kidney problems: When people think of lifestyle diseases, they most likely think of problems, which are related to the heart. While it can be said that a heart attack on account of bad lifestyle choices has the highest visibility, even parts of the body, which are rarely thought of like the kidneys, can kick up trouble in the form of nephritis. So, what exactly happens when a person has nephritis? Simply put, the kidneys swell up and this causes a lot of pain, which could have been avoided with a reasonable amount of foresight and effort. When this occurs, kidneys create trouble when they need to perform their primary function of purifying blood and complications related to the kidneys can really have a magnified impact on other parts of the body.
- Heart disease: Finally, addressing the elephant in the room, when it comes to lifestyle diseases - heart disease. Around 31% of people who die every year worldwide fall prey to it and the main culprits behind heart failures include smoking, diabetes, and very high cholesterol levels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.