I am Dr colonel Anil Goyal. I am an ex-army dermatologist, M.B.B.S more than 35 years ago, M.D more than 25 years ago. Both done in armed force medical college, Pune. I was a senior advisor and consultant in the army until I took premature retirement and started working full time in Gurgaon. I am a senior dermatologist and I will be telling you today about the most common condition which we are getting in our O.P.D. that is fungal infections.
If you know from your bio days, fungus is a plant which leads on moist climate. That is why fungal infection are more in the rainy season in the hot moist areas of the body like the scalp, neck, underarms or armpits, groin and even in between the backside and fungus needs dead tissue.
So where is a dead tissue?
It is more in the palms and soles. For fungal infections. we people make one common mistake we just go to the chemist and start taking some medicines across the counter. The basic problem with this medicines are they had steroids which decreases the redness and itching but it is not controlling the fungal infection, the fungal infection needs proper care. You must go to the nearest skin specialist for treatment of the fungal infections. Do not neglect and do not think it will go on his own.
The common medicines to eat for fungal medicines which we normally give are lucamisol, itraconazole, eberconazole etc. But please do not try to take treatment yourself. Some people start using strong anti- septic/ anti-biotic medicated soaps.These soaps also cause further problem because they cause allergy on the pre-existing damage tissue. Keep the area clean and dry. Take bath atleast twice a day. Once you are not busy in your work preferably avoid wearing undergarments and use cotton clothes through which your skin can breathe. And anybody who are choosing socks over prolonged periods of time, we must make sure that the two wet spaces are dried and well-powdered. And then they are wearing shoes and socks.Suppose our socks become wet either due to jogging or rain water, we should dry our feet asap. And if our body is clean and dry, then our fungal infections will be helped by medication more easily. Also if somebody’s fungal infections are not becoming o.k. then we should be checking their diabetes level also.
You must go to your nearest doctor or you can contact me at Lybrate. I am available round the clock by chat, sms, email texting and wish you all the best.read more
Doctor in Sudha Skin Clinic
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Sudha Skin ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was shocked to experience the need of of prp hair transplant. The entire Sudha Skin Clinic was spotlessly, clean. My boss referred me Dr Anil Goyal. He is really like god send person. From quite some time i was suffering from extreme hairloss, but never gave much importance to it. he has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference.
I was having this hair loss, but the symptoms were not very visible. Never once that I felt that Dr Anil Goyal is getting impatient, rather he has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. The complete process of hair loss treatment was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult him. The overall atmosphere in the Sudha Skin Clinic is very soothing. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted Dr Anil Goyal. One of my cousin's referred to Dr Anil Goyal. The waiting area in the Sudha Skin Clinic is very comfortable for elderly patients. The hair loss treatment for hair loss has helped me greatly and now I am perfectly fine.
I was looking fro mole removal treatment for which I chose to consult Dr Anil Goyal. Even though he is not from our city, he is still very famous, so we consulted him. He is a very practical doctor. And he is well aware about innovative techniques to treat problems. I consulted a number of specialists but the way he treated me was the best. His advice and counselling has helped me immensely. The Sudha Skin Clinic is decorated very nicely and doesn't look like a hospital.
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of hair loss. I consulted Dr Anil Goyal. He is very patient with all his patients. So many doctors I consulted, but his treatment was the best. The facilities available in the Sudha Skin Clinic are very nice. I was amazed that other doctors before him were not able to even diagnose my problem, but (Col.)Anil Goyal did it immediately and started the hair loss treatment for it.
One of my neighbour's recommended Dr Anil Goyal. I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to his perfect advise. On the very first day he identified my problem. I must say the hygiene was maintained very nicely in the Sudha Skin Clinic. I was in too much pain because of baldness, but after his hair transplant treatmnet, I feel much better. He not only helped me get rid of baldness but also helped gain confidence.
I Thank Dr Anil for the skin care treatment, he gave benefited me to great extent. He is very patient with all his patients. He has broad knowledge in the field of dermatology. I am impressed with the way he treats his patients. The overall atmosphere in the Sudha Skin Clinic is very soothing.
Thanks to him that the pimples treatment he gave me has given brilliant results. Dr Anil Goyal has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference. The staff was very attentive to my needs. I am really grateful as his treatment has give me a ray of hope.
Sudha Skin Clinic is the best Clinic in the Delhi NCR region. I got myself treated here for allergy . thanks to dr (Col.)Anil Goyalwith his timely treatment and medicines the problem is subdued and I am now well. Thanks Aura col. Anil for your support
I am one of the many patients of Dr. Goyal. I consulted him over 5 years ago after trying many dermatologists including some big names in Delhi. His professional excellence coupled with humane concern gives the patient complete satisfaction.
Dr (Col.)Anil Goyal of Sudha Skin Clinic in Gurgaon is a highly experienced and skillful doctor. He is very disciplined and smart. I recieved acne treatment from him which brought brilliant results and also brought back my beauty!
Dr Anil is very patient with his patients. His ability to understand the problem and accurate and quick diagnosis makes him a doctor with difference.
Abdul Muqtadar Syed
I found the answers provided by the Dr. (Col.)Anil Goyal to be prompt. Beautiful, one word answer.
Dr. (Col.)Anil Goyal provides answers that are practical. I have used more cream but no result
Dr. (Col.)Anil Goyal provides answers that are professional and knowledgeable. Thank u sir
Dr. (Col.)Anil Goyal provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you so much doctor.
Dr. (Col.)Anil Goyal provides answers that are very helpful. Thnx a lot I'll try this
Dr. (Col.)Anil Goyal provides answers that are very helpful. Thankz a lot
Thank you Sir
Thinning of hair and bald spots can be caused by a number of factors. Just as you can ‘erase’ wrinkles with cosmetic surgery, today, you can ‘fill’ bald spots with hair transplants. Hair transplants are a type of surgery which transplate hair follicles from one area to another. There are two types of hair transplant surgery; Follicular Unit Strip Surgery (FUSS) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE).
Follicular Unit Strip Surgery involves the removal of a 6-10” piece of skin from the back of your head. This is because the back of your head is genetically resistant to balding. This is then divided into thousands of tiny grafts each with a few strands of hair on them. For a Follicular Unit Extraction, the doctor will pluck individual hair follicles from the back of your head while you are under anesthesia. This can be done in a single session or multiple sessions depending on the amount of hair follicles needed and the surgeons’ experience. These are then prepared into grafts. The surgeon will then make holes or slits in the bald spot that is to be filled and carefully place one graft in each slit. Finally the scalp is bandaged. This process can take anywhere between 4-8 hours.
- Don’t worry, if you begin to see the transplanted hair fall out after 2-3 weeks. This is normal and will be followed by new growth in a few months. You may require a hair growing drug to improve hair growth rate after a hair transplant surgery. You should be able to see dense hair growth within 10-11 months.
- A hair transplant is not as painless as other forms of cosmetic surgery. Most patients require pain medication for several days after the surgery. Your scalp will feel very tender for the next few days and you may also require anti inflammatory drugs. However, you should be able to get back to work within a week.
- There are minimal risks associated with this procedure. In some cases, the patient may experience hair fall from the area where the transplant was taken. This is usually temporary and is known as ‘shock loss’. There may also be slight inflammation when the new hair follicles emerge. This can be effectively treated with antibiotics.
- A hair transplant surgery does not guarantee that your hair will stop falling. Hence, in some cases, you may need to undergo the procedure again to hide bald spots.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I need a laser treatment for permanently hair removing on my chest How much does it cost? This treatment have any side effects to health?
Whenever I do stool after an hour there is a dryness and itching type feel and it remain for an hour and sometime burn also. When I put coconut oil or clotrimazole cream .the itching your dryness not occur. Few year ago I have a problem of bleeding piles .gas also occur some time. Pls suggest.
Whiteheads and blackheads are a type of mild acne. These occur when dead skin cells accumulate on your skin pores. They are also known as ‘comedones’. Blackheads appear like black spots on your face, and are often mistaken for dirt. Whiteheads are more stubborn than blackheads and they might be accompanied by tiny spots called papules or pustules. Since both blackheads and whiteheads are a milder type of acne, they should be promptly treated before the bacteria in the acne proliferate. The skin can worsen and cause post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, or acne marks. This can cause serious discoloration of the skin.
1. A treatment comprised of advanced peels is usually recommended. The treatment also covers what diet you should follow and gives detailed instructions to further prevent acne. One of the peels involved in the treatment is a natural acetic acid peel, which treats whiteheads and blackheads. The peel has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It also contains potassium iodide and ‘jasmonic’ acid which ensures skin regeneration and exfoliation.
2. The other kind of treatment involves a thorough therapy comprising of the following stages:
- Cleansing: Skin inflammation are reduced with a blend of antioxidant teas.
- Massaging: Before the blackheads extraction can be started, your skin will be massaged to prepare for the procedure.
- Mask: A mask will be applied next on your face, and then the extraction process will begin.
- Toning: Either a tea blend or salicylic acid will be used to unclog pores and control extra oil.
- Mud Mask: A mud mask made from sea minerals and ‘ichthammol’ is applied to absorb oil and prevent breakouts in the future.
- Calming Mask: This type of mask contains both tea blends and buttermilk. It soothes and calms the skin.
- Hydration: Microalgae control extra oil, while reducing flakiness and dryness, thus hydrating your skin. It also contains zinc oxide, which reduces redness and mattes the skin.
Additionally, experts will provide you skincare products that you can use at home after the clinical treatment is over. This ensures future breakouts don’t occur and you skin remains beautiful and clear. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Studies have shown that those who inculcate a habit of wearing sunscreen at all times while stepping out during the day have younger and healthier looking skin than those who don't. Sunscreen acts as a layer of defense against sun radiation and keeps it from causing any damage. Skin is, thus, protected from accelerated aging.
These are the do's and don'ts you need to follow before you apply sunscreen the next time:
Do: Apply sunscreen 15-30 minutes before going outdoors - For the product to be most effective, it needs to be fully absorbed by the skin before exposure to the sun; the reason why applying approximately 30 minutes before you step out of home is a must.
Don't: DON'T buy sunscreens with ridiculously high SPFs - SPF means the number of times the skin will be protected against the minimal damage to skin by UV rays. SPF of 30 and above is good for Indian skin. Sunscreen should have broad spectrum coverage to protect against UVA UVB and visible spectrum. Sunscreens with an SPF of 100 can cost about twice as much as the same brand with an SPF of 30, but it doesn't provide three times the protection. SPF 30 blocks about 97% of harmful UV rays, while SPF 100 blocks 99%. While it is a difference, it might not be enough to warrant the extra cost.
Do: Use sunscreen every day of the year - The sun's harmful rays persist in all seasons, whether it's summer or winter. Even on cloudy days, it's advisable to apply sunscreen to protect the skin as UV rays are still able to penetrate through thick covers of cloud, thereby harming your skin.
Do: Test a small amount of the product on yourself before application - Apply a small amount of sunscreen on your wrist first and check for allergic reactions if you're trying it for the first time or are switching over to a new brand.
In case it causes an allergic reaction, discontinue use at once and consult a dermatologist regarding, which sunscreen you should use.
Don't: Forget to reapply - Sunscreens rub off quite easily due to sweating or contact with water. Reapply as often as you can, ideally every 2 hours.Keep in mind that apart from the application of sunscreen, it is also necessary to keep the skin covered as much as possible to protect yourself against skin ailments caused by exposure to the sun.
Don't: Apply sunscreen only on the face - Make sure you apply it to every part of your body, especially the hands, forearms, thighs and ears, which are commonly exposed to the sun. Not only are these more prone to skin ageing, but the risk of melanoma (skin cancer) is also tremendously high in these portions of the body. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Soft growth occurring on the genitals are known as Genital Warts. Genital warts are infections that are transmitted through physical intimacy (STI). These are caused by certain behaviours of the human papillomavirus (HPV). These growths on the skin cause discomfort, pain and itching. They are particularly harmful for women since certain types of HPV might also cause cancer of the vulva and cervix. HPV is one of the most common sexually transmitted diseases. Due to this, sexually active people are most vulnerable to various health complications, including genital warts. Prevention of this infection requires essential protection and treatment.
Transmission of genital warts occurs through sexual activity. Development of warts occurs several weeks after the infection. Sometimes, it is not possible to view them with the naked eye. The top of the growths might resemble a cauliflower and might feel slightly bumpy or smooth while touching. The person who is infected may have a single wart or a cluster of warts.
In males, the genital warts may appear in the following regions.
- Inside or around the anus
In females, they might occur in:
- Outside the vagina or anus
- Inside the vagina or anus
In a case where the person has had oral sexual contact with the infected person, the genital warts might appear on the mouth, lips, throat or tongue of the person. In case the genital warts are not visible, the other related symptoms include:
- Vaginal Discharge
Even though the genital warts disappear with time, it is not possible to eliminate the virus once it is in the bloodstream. This would result in several outbreaks during the entire course of life. This is a vital reason why the symptoms should be managed so that transmission of the disease is prevented. Treatment is possible only for relieving symptoms that are painful or for minimizing their appearance. Some topical wart treatments prescribed by the doctor may include:
- Podofilox and Podophyllin (Condylox)
- Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA)
- Imiquimod (Aldara)
Some surgeries that the physician might conduct to remove genital warts that do not disappear with time include:
- Interferon injections
- Laser treatments
- Cryosurgery, or freezing warts
- Electrocautery, or burning warts with electric currents
- Excision, or cutting off warts
Periodic Pap smears after the initial treatment is recommended for women with genital warts to monitor changes in the cervix.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Corns and calluses are defined as thickened and hardened areas of the skin, which are formed due to excess pressure, friction or rubbing in a particular area. They generally form at the bottom of the feet and can cause discomfort and pain while walking. Corns usually form on the sides and tops of toes. There are several variants of corn such as hard corn, soft corn and seed corns. Calluses typically form in areas which undergo high friction. It can appear on hands and feet. Read on to find more about corns and calluses.
1. In some cases, corns or calluses may form due to improper walking motion but in most cases corns and calluses form due to wearing shoes which fit in an improper manner.
2. High heels in particular are a major reason for the formation of corns and calluses. Other reasons include foot deformities or wearing shoes and sandals without socks.
3. Corns and calluses have a risk of being infected by bacteria which causes the infected region to secrete pus or fluid.
There are different types of corns and calluses and each of them have different symptoms during their formation.
1. A callus is a small patch of dead skin which can form anywhere in the body but usually in places which undergo friction.
2. A hard corn is a patch of hard skin which is located outside the little toe or on top of a toe.
3. A soft corn is a sensitive red patch of skin which is typically found between toes.
4. A seed corn is a painful patch of dead skin which typically forms on the ball of the foot or on the heel.
If you have developed a corn or a callus it is advisable to consult a doctor as they can correctly differentiate between warts and calluses. Use of moleskin around the corn or callus usually reduces the pressure from the affected region. Oral antibiotic medication can also be prescribed by your physician. Certain moisturising creams also help treating corns and calluses. Opt for stronger moisturising creams after consulting your doctor if regular ones are not helping. In certain instances corns and calluses may need to be surgically removed.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Fungal skin diseases are brought about by various sorts of fungi and are the main reasons behind an irritated skin. Fungi attack and develop in dead keratin, a protein that makes up your skin, hair and nails. The various sorts of fungal diseases are caused by various groups of fungi. Some common fungal skin infections include ringworm, intertrigo, nail infections, Athlete’s foot, etc.
The likelihood of fungal infections increase in the following cases:
- If you are overweight
- Not drying your skin completely after a shower or wash
- Walking barefoot in shower and wet locations
- In case of a pregnancy
- If you have a weak immune system
- If you suffer from diabetes
- If you come into contact with a person or animal with fungal infections.
- Due to a recent course of antibiotics
Fungal rashes can at times be mistaken for other skin conditions, for example, psoriasis and eczema. Fungal skin diseases can bring about a number of skin rashes; some of them being red, textured and itchy. The organism can influence only one region, or a few zones of your body. In the event that you get a fungal disease of your scalp, you might lose some hair. There are steps which can be performed in order to protect yourself from getting a parasitic skin contamination:
- Dry your skin properly after a shower
- Try not to share hairbrushes, towels or combs since they might be carrying fungi
- In case a family member has been infected with scalp ringworm, hats, pillows, combs or scissors should be soaked using water and bleach
- Allow your shoes sufficient time to dry out by alternating them every two or three days
- In order to keep moisture away from the skin, wear loose clothes that are made of cotton or other breathable materials.
- Socks, bed linen and clothes should be washed regularly to prevent the growth of any fungi
- In communal and wet areas like saunas, swimming pools, showers, etc., wear clean plastic shoes or flip-flops.
- If you have diabetes, try to keep your blood sugar under control
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Grannies and mummies emphasize on the usefulness of oiling your hair. If they could, they would have made you do so regularly. Going outdoors with oily hair and an oily scalp is next to impossible in present times. On the other hand, pollution along with the fast paced lifestyle, takes a toll on your hair health. To counter the ills of dull hair, oiling is must. One must be aware of certain points while applying oil on his or her hair.
When should you oil your hair?
You should not be oiling your hair at any time of the day. People tend to stick to their feasibility and oil their hair whenever they find time out of a busy schedule. Use oil only when you decide to remain indoors for quite some time. Oil absorbs dust and grime easily and hence, going out with oil on your hair before a head bath will only dirty your scalp all the more.
Oil should be applied at night before going to bed. Letting your hair remain oiled overnight will strengthen the roots and hair follicles. This way you add nourishment and luster to your otherwise dry and frizzy strands.
The benefits of oiling your hair frequently:
1. Fights off dandruff: Dryness causes dandruff to occur. If you can deal with dryness, you are halfway through in dealing with dandruff as well. If you suffer from acute dandruff, the oil producing glands in your scalp will produce oil in meager quantities only. All these symptoms necessitate the regular application of oil.
2. Oil is effective as a deep conditioner: Oil, especially coconut oil acts as a deep conditioner. It can also be used to detangle your hair without much hair fall. Oil should be left on the scalp for a couple of hours to enhance complete absorption.
3. Repairs hair damage due to sun exposure: The ultraviolet rays of the sun make your hair brittle. Sun rays can also lead to discoloration of hair. Oil provides vitamins and other nutrients to poor quality hair, thus making it strong and shiny.
4. Feel rejuvenated by applying oil on your hair: Oiling one's hair is the best way to chuck stress out of the window. Oil can relax both your mind and body. Using lukewarm oil on one's scalp once in a while will improve blood circulation and will also relax the tense nerves of your hyperactive brain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
Acne is one of the acute skin troubles people face every now and then and thus desperately look for the best solution to cure the same. There are many people who think that medications are the only way out, but this is completely wrong.
This is because most of the acne treating drugs have got stronger antibiotics that are believed to cure acne speedily, but the real fact is that you will get temporary recovery, and your skin texture will get adversely affected by the same. Thus, you are recommended to look for only those solutions that are safe and can replace antibiotics in the most efficient manner.
Top 5 methods for treating acne without using antibiotics
1. Blue light: Acne creating bacteria can be only killed by using this therapy. This therapy is quite improved, and it is not at all invasive in nature and thus your skin quality is not affected at all. Total four sessions are included for getting the ultimate result and these sessions are only conducted under clinical supervision. You can also make a purchase of blue light, especially Tria skin clarifying light so that skin acne can be cleared along with the clearance of acne marks. There are few safety precautions that need to be maintained so that skin damages can be easily prevented.
2. Giving up sugar: Sugary foods should be completely curtailed from your regular diet so that acne trouble can be kept in control. Excessive sugary components lead to the creation of excessive skin oil, and this oil is highly responsible for creating acne, and on the other hand, bacterial infection can also occur due to excess oil secretion.
3. Taking Omega-3: Acne are very much irritating as they create inflaming sensations and these sensations can be only be effectively dealt with this particular component. Fish oil gel caps are highly enriched with this component and in this regard Omega Max deserves special mention. This will help in maintaining absolutely flawless and healthy skin.
4. Silk Peel Microdermabrasions: Pink scars can be treated well using silk peel. This kind of peel plays the most useful role in making the skin unclogged from different unwanted wastes causing acne and bacterial infections. In this case, collagen production can be stimulated along with the maintenance of healthy and glowing skin.
5. Glycolic acid lotions and cleansers: Sugarcane is enriched with glycolic acid and this acid is now available in different lotions and cleansers that are useful for skin exfoliation and pore unclogging.