I am Dr colonel Anil Goyal. I am an ex-army dermatologist, M.B.B.S more than 35 years ago, M.D more than 25 years ago. Both done in armed force medical college, Pune. I was a senior advisor and consultant in the army until I took premature retirement and started working full time in Gurgaon. I am a senior dermatologist and I will be telling you today about the most common condition which we are getting in our O.P.D. that is fungal infections.
If you know from your bio days, fungus is a plant which leads on moist climate. That is why fungal infection are more in the rainy season in the hot moist areas of the body like the scalp, neck, underarms or armpits, groin and even in between the backside and fungus needs dead tissue.
So where is a dead tissue?
It is more in the palms and soles. For fungal infections. we people make one common mistake we just go to the chemist and start taking some medicines across the counter. The basic problem with this medicines are they had steroids which decreases the redness and itching but it is not controlling the fungal infection, the fungal infection needs proper care. You must go to the nearest skin specialist for treatment of the fungal infections. Do not neglect and do not think it will go on his own.
The common medicines to eat for fungal medicines which we normally give are lucamisol, itraconazole, eberconazole etc. But please do not try to take treatment yourself. Some people start using strong anti- septic/ anti-biotic medicated soaps.These soaps also cause further problem because they cause allergy on the pre-existing damage tissue. Keep the area clean and dry. Take bath atleast twice a day. Once you are not busy in your work preferably avoid wearing undergarments and use cotton clothes through which your skin can breathe. And anybody who are choosing socks over prolonged periods of time, we must make sure that the two wet spaces are dried and well-powdered. And then they are wearing shoes and socks.Suppose our socks become wet either due to jogging or rain water, we should dry our feet asap. And if our body is clean and dry, then our fungal infections will be helped by medication more easily. Also if somebody’s fungal infections are not becoming o.k. then we should be checking their diabetes level also.
You must go to your nearest doctor or you can contact me at Lybrate. I am available round the clock by chat, sms, email texting and wish you all the best.read more
Doctor in Sudha Skin Clinic
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Sudha Skin ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was shocked to experience the need of of prp hair transplant. The entire Sudha Skin Clinic was spotlessly, clean. My boss referred me Dr Anil Goyal. He is really like god send person. From quite some time i was suffering from extreme hairloss, but never gave much importance to it. he has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference.
I was having this hair loss, but the symptoms were not very visible. Never once that I felt that Dr Anil Goyal is getting impatient, rather he has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. The complete process of hair loss treatment was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult him. The overall atmosphere in the Sudha Skin Clinic is very soothing. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted Dr Anil Goyal. One of my cousin's referred to Dr Anil Goyal. The waiting area in the Sudha Skin Clinic is very comfortable for elderly patients. The hair loss treatment for hair loss has helped me greatly and now I am perfectly fine.
I was looking fro mole removal treatment for which I chose to consult Dr Anil Goyal. Even though he is not from our city, he is still very famous, so we consulted him. He is a very practical doctor. And he is well aware about innovative techniques to treat problems. I consulted a number of specialists but the way he treated me was the best. His advice and counselling has helped me immensely. The Sudha Skin Clinic is decorated very nicely and doesn't look like a hospital.
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of hair loss. I consulted Dr Anil Goyal. He is very patient with all his patients. So many doctors I consulted, but his treatment was the best. The facilities available in the Sudha Skin Clinic are very nice. I was amazed that other doctors before him were not able to even diagnose my problem, but (Col.)Anil Goyal did it immediately and started the hair loss treatment for it.
One of my neighbour's recommended Dr Anil Goyal. I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to his perfect advise. On the very first day he identified my problem. I must say the hygiene was maintained very nicely in the Sudha Skin Clinic. I was in too much pain because of baldness, but after his hair transplant treatmnet, I feel much better. He not only helped me get rid of baldness but also helped gain confidence.
Dr is very good and really cares about people’s concern and finances. Reasonable consultation fee and proper treatment. Before visiting him for the skin infection problem I had visited the best 3 doctors of Delhi ncr and it was just wastage of time and money. Dr Anil is the best Dr I’ve ever visited in my life.
I Thank Dr Anil for the skin care treatment, he gave benefited me to great extent. He is very patient with all his patients. He has broad knowledge in the field of dermatology. I am impressed with the way he treats his patients. The overall atmosphere in the Sudha Skin Clinic is very soothing.
Thanks to him that the pimples treatment he gave me has given brilliant results. Dr Anil Goyal has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference. The staff was very attentive to my needs. I am really grateful as his treatment has give me a ray of hope.
Sudha Skin Clinic is the best Clinic in the Delhi NCR region. I got myself treated here for allergy . thanks to dr (Col.)Anil Goyalwith his timely treatment and medicines the problem is subdued and I am now well. Thanks Aura col. Anil for your support
I am one of the many patients of Dr. Goyal. I consulted him over 5 years ago after trying many dermatologists including some big names in Delhi. His professional excellence coupled with humane concern gives the patient complete satisfaction.
Dr (Col.)Anil Goyal of Sudha Skin Clinic in Gurgaon is a highly experienced and skillful doctor. He is very disciplined and smart. I recieved acne treatment from him which brought brilliant results and also brought back my beauty!
Dr Anil is very patient with his patients. His ability to understand the problem and accurate and quick diagnosis makes him a doctor with difference.
Abdul Muqtadar Syed
I found the answers provided by the Dr. (Col.)Anil Goyal to be prompt. Beautiful, one word answer.
Dr. (Col.)Anil Goyal provides answers that are practical. I have used more cream but no result
Dr. (Col.)Anil Goyal provides answers that are professional and knowledgeable. Thank u sir
Dr. (Col.)Anil Goyal provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you so much doctor.
Dr. (Col.)Anil Goyal provides answers that are very helpful. Thnx a lot I'll try this
Dr. (Col.)Anil Goyal provides answers that are very helpful. Thankz a lot
Thank you Sir
It's that time of the years again when you have to add the candles over your cake. only this time you've reached an age when you are wondering how many should you actually put there. Aging tends to catch up with us all, or does it? How do some people continue looking like a million bucks while others end up looking twice their age? There are several beauty and anti-aging products in the market that promise to renew you youth and wipe of the years from your face. Before you try those, take time out to try out these tips to slow aging.
To slow down aging is not only about looking young but also feeling young and having a longer, more enjoyable quality of life. A healthier and better you is definitely a younger you. Here's how you can get there:
- Water is the secret sauce: We've heard it a hundred times that having 8 glasses of water a day can do us good but this is one reason that is going to get you running to that jug in your kitchen much faster. Human body s made of 60% water and it is a key ingredient to keep our organs functioning smooth. It'll improve your digestive system, keep your bowels running up and smooth, help flush out toxins from the body and improve the moisture content in your skin which in turn will keep it soft and supple. The trick is to also know when to have water. Starting your day with a couple of glasses of luke warm water and never have it with your meals.
- Live happier: Life is a constant struggle. From unexpected changes to life-altering moments, we constantly face stress, tension and sometimes depression. Those who we know living a happy life also face the same situations. The difference is how they choose to find happiness despite facing adversities. Stress speeds up the aging process. When you are stressed, it creates an imbalance of hormones causing collateral damage. To cut down stress, spend more time doing things that make you happy. Choose a hobby like painting or stress busters like yoga and exercise.
- Eat fruits & vegetables: It is important to eat the right serving of fruits and vegetables daily, as they are rich source of vitamins and minerals and protect your skin from free radicals and cellular damage. From cucumber and tomato to fruits like papaya, each provides it own set of exfoliating benefits, which firm up your skin, improve your complexion, get rid of fine lines and slow down aging naturally.
Soap vs hand wash- what should you wash your hands with?
You might be using both - soaps and hand washes, without understanding what is better for your hands. But you may still not be sure as to what to use for washing your hands. Here's a lowdown on these two.
1. Moisturising aspect
Bar soaps not only wash away dirt but also reduce the moisture content of your skin. Soaps that act as deodorants strip away important oils, giving rise to instances of skin irritation. Furthermore, most bar soaps tend to have higher ph levels with very few on the lower side. Liquid soaps or hand washes, on the other hand, come with moisturisers that prevent your skin from becoming very oily or dry.
2. Presence of bacteria
Due to its reusable nature, bar soaps may be home to a number of bacteria. But since the organisms get rinsed off with the suds, it is improbable that bacteria will get transferred to your hands. The pump or squeeze mechanisms of hand washes reduce the chances of you coming in contact with bacteria.
3. Exercise of control in its use
With bar soaps, you tend to waste less as you stop applying soap on your body once you see lather forming. This does not happen with hand washes, the latter gets used a lot as you may not know the right amount of use, and end up squeezing out more than the you need.
Whether you prefer to use soaps or hand washes, it's a matter of personal choice. Depending on your needs, you can opt for either of the two. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A normal human being loses 50 to 100 hairs on a daily basis, but it doesn’t make thinning of scalp hair noticeable because new hair is growing in at the same time. Visible hair loss occurs when the cycle of hair shedding and growth is disrupted or when the hair follicle is damaged and scar tissue is formed.
Hair loss can be attributed to four main factors, namely heredity, changes in hormones, medical conditions and finally medication. The hereditary condition known as pattern baldness is the most common reason of hair loss. It occurs gradually and with a receding hairline and bald spots in predictable patterns in men and thinning hair in women. Heredity dictates the age when one begins to shred hair, extent of baldness and finally the rate of hair loss. Among men, pattern baldness is common whereas in women, hair loss occurs in form of thinning of hair.
Hair loss can also be triggered by hormonal changes and imbalances during pregnancy, childbirth, onset of menopause and thyroid problems. Patchy hair loss or alopecia areata occurs when the human body's immune system attacks and damages hair follicles causing hair loss and leaves behind smooth bald patches on the skin. Scalp infection like ringworm leads to scaly patches and hair loss. Skin disorders like lichen planus, sarcoidosis and trichotillomania causes people to have an irresistible urge to pull out their hair, whether it's from the scalp or other areas of the body.
Excessive use of hairstyling tools like iron curlers and products like gels, mousse, sprays and colours damage the hair and prolonged usage can hamper its growth. Hairstyles which pulls one’s hair tight like pigtails or cornrows cause traction alopecia. Hot oil hair treatments cause inflammation of hair follicles leading to hair loss.
Medicated drugs for arthritis, depression, cancer, hypertension and even birth control increase the rate of hair loss. As the hair is made of keratin which is a protein, if one has a protein deficiency, then the chances are that the hair will be brittle. Crash dieting and losing a lot of weight too quickly has an adverse effect on hair growth, because these diets deprives body of essential nutrients which impact hair growth.
Psoriasis and Diabetes responsible for loss of hair. Diabetes affects the body’s circulatory system due to which less amount of nutrients and oxygen reach the feet and the scalp areas due to which the hair follicles get damaged. Psoriasis is a skin disease which affects the scalp and hair follicles leading to red bald patches.
If one notices thinning of hair, it is best to get checked for any underlying condition which could be causing the hair loss.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Thinning of hair and bald spots can be caused by a number of factors. Just as you can ‘erase’ wrinkles with cosmetic surgery, today, you can ‘fill’ bald spots with hair transplants. Hair transplants are a type of surgery which transplate hair follicles from one area to another. There are two types of hair transplant surgery; Follicular Unit Strip Surgery (FUSS) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE).
Follicular Unit Strip Surgery involves the removal of a 6-10” piece of skin from the back of your head. This is because the back of your head is genetically resistant to balding. This is then divided into thousands of tiny grafts each with a few strands of hair on them. For a Follicular Unit Extraction, the doctor will pluck individual hair follicles from the back of your head while you are under anesthesia. This can be done in a single session or multiple sessions depending on the amount of hair follicles needed and the surgeons’ experience. These are then prepared into grafts. The surgeon will then make holes or slits in the bald spot that is to be filled and carefully place one graft in each slit. Finally the scalp is bandaged. This process can take anywhere between 4-8 hours.
- Don’t worry, if you begin to see the transplanted hair fall out after 2-3 weeks. This is normal and will be followed by new growth in a few months. You may require a hair growing drug to improve hair growth rate after a hair transplant surgery. You should be able to see dense hair growth within 10-11 months.
- A hair transplant is not as painless as other forms of cosmetic surgery. Most patients require pain medication for several days after the surgery. Your scalp will feel very tender for the next few days and you may also require anti inflammatory drugs. However, you should be able to get back to work within a week.
- There are minimal risks associated with this procedure. In some cases, the patient may experience hair fall from the area where the transplant was taken. This is usually temporary and is known as ‘shock loss’. There may also be slight inflammation when the new hair follicles emerge. This can be effectively treated with antibiotics.
- A hair transplant surgery does not guarantee that your hair will stop falling. Hence, in some cases, you may need to undergo the procedure again to hide bald spots.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I need a laser treatment for permanently hair removing on my chest How much does it cost? This treatment have any side effects to health?
Whenever I do stool after an hour there is a dryness and itching type feel and it remain for an hour and sometime burn also. When I put coconut oil or clotrimazole cream .the itching your dryness not occur. Few year ago I have a problem of bleeding piles .gas also occur some time. Pls suggest.
Whiteheads and blackheads are a type of mild acne. These occur when dead skin cells accumulate on your skin pores. They are also known as ‘comedones’. Blackheads appear like black spots on your face, and are often mistaken for dirt. Whiteheads are more stubborn than blackheads and they might be accompanied by tiny spots called papules or pustules. Since both blackheads and whiteheads are a milder type of acne, they should be promptly treated before the bacteria in the acne proliferate. The skin can worsen and cause post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, or acne marks. This can cause serious discoloration of the skin.
1. A treatment comprised of advanced peels is usually recommended. The treatment also covers what diet you should follow and gives detailed instructions to further prevent acne. One of the peels involved in the treatment is a natural acetic acid peel, which treats whiteheads and blackheads. The peel has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It also contains potassium iodide and ‘jasmonic’ acid which ensures skin regeneration and exfoliation.
2. The other kind of treatment involves a thorough therapy comprising of the following stages:
- Cleansing: Skin inflammation are reduced with a blend of antioxidant teas.
- Massaging: Before the blackheads extraction can be started, your skin will be massaged to prepare for the procedure.
- Mask: A mask will be applied next on your face, and then the extraction process will begin.
- Toning: Either a tea blend or salicylic acid will be used to unclog pores and control extra oil.
- Mud Mask: A mud mask made from sea minerals and ‘ichthammol’ is applied to absorb oil and prevent breakouts in the future.
- Calming Mask: This type of mask contains both tea blends and buttermilk. It soothes and calms the skin.
- Hydration: Microalgae control extra oil, while reducing flakiness and dryness, thus hydrating your skin. It also contains zinc oxide, which reduces redness and mattes the skin.
Additionally, experts will provide you skincare products that you can use at home after the clinical treatment is over. This ensures future breakouts don’t occur and you skin remains beautiful and clear. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Studies have shown that those who inculcate a habit of wearing sunscreen at all times while stepping out during the day have younger and healthier looking skin than those who don't. Sunscreen acts as a layer of defense against sun radiation and keeps it from causing any damage. Skin is, thus, protected from accelerated aging.
These are the do's and don'ts you need to follow before you apply sunscreen the next time:
Do: Apply sunscreen 15-30 minutes before going outdoors - For the product to be most effective, it needs to be fully absorbed by the skin before exposure to the sun; the reason why applying approximately 30 minutes before you step out of home is a must.
Don't: DON'T buy sunscreens with ridiculously high SPFs - SPF means the number of times the skin will be protected against the minimal damage to skin by UV rays. SPF of 30 and above is good for Indian skin. Sunscreen should have broad spectrum coverage to protect against UVA UVB and visible spectrum. Sunscreens with an SPF of 100 can cost about twice as much as the same brand with an SPF of 30, but it doesn't provide three times the protection. SPF 30 blocks about 97% of harmful UV rays, while SPF 100 blocks 99%. While it is a difference, it might not be enough to warrant the extra cost.
Do: Use sunscreen every day of the year - The sun's harmful rays persist in all seasons, whether it's summer or winter. Even on cloudy days, it's advisable to apply sunscreen to protect the skin as UV rays are still able to penetrate through thick covers of cloud, thereby harming your skin.
Do: Test a small amount of the product on yourself before application - Apply a small amount of sunscreen on your wrist first and check for allergic reactions if you're trying it for the first time or are switching over to a new brand.
In case it causes an allergic reaction, discontinue use at once and consult a dermatologist regarding, which sunscreen you should use.
Don't: Forget to reapply - Sunscreens rub off quite easily due to sweating or contact with water. Reapply as often as you can, ideally every 2 hours.Keep in mind that apart from the application of sunscreen, it is also necessary to keep the skin covered as much as possible to protect yourself against skin ailments caused by exposure to the sun.
Don't: Apply sunscreen only on the face - Make sure you apply it to every part of your body, especially the hands, forearms, thighs and ears, which are commonly exposed to the sun. Not only are these more prone to skin ageing, but the risk of melanoma (skin cancer) is also tremendously high in these portions of the body. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Soft growth occurring on the genitals are known as Genital Warts. Genital warts are infections that are transmitted through physical intimacy (STI). These are caused by certain behaviours of the human papillomavirus (HPV). These growths on the skin cause discomfort, pain and itching. They are particularly harmful for women since certain types of HPV might also cause cancer of the vulva and cervix. HPV is one of the most common sexually transmitted diseases. Due to this, sexually active people are most vulnerable to various health complications, including genital warts. Prevention of this infection requires essential protection and treatment.
Transmission of genital warts occurs through sexual activity. Development of warts occurs several weeks after the infection. Sometimes, it is not possible to view them with the naked eye. The top of the growths might resemble a cauliflower and might feel slightly bumpy or smooth while touching. The person who is infected may have a single wart or a cluster of warts.
In males, the genital warts may appear in the following regions.
- Inside or around the anus
In females, they might occur in:
- Outside the vagina or anus
- Inside the vagina or anus
In a case where the person has had oral sexual contact with the infected person, the genital warts might appear on the mouth, lips, throat or tongue of the person. In case the genital warts are not visible, the other related symptoms include:
- Vaginal Discharge
Even though the genital warts disappear with time, it is not possible to eliminate the virus once it is in the bloodstream. This would result in several outbreaks during the entire course of life. This is a vital reason why the symptoms should be managed so that transmission of the disease is prevented. Treatment is possible only for relieving symptoms that are painful or for minimizing their appearance. Some topical wart treatments prescribed by the doctor may include:
- Podofilox and Podophyllin (Condylox)
- Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA)
- Imiquimod (Aldara)
Some surgeries that the physician might conduct to remove genital warts that do not disappear with time include:
- Interferon injections
- Laser treatments
- Cryosurgery, or freezing warts
- Electrocautery, or burning warts with electric currents
- Excision, or cutting off warts
Periodic Pap smears after the initial treatment is recommended for women with genital warts to monitor changes in the cervix.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Skin aging is a gradual process, but multiple factors, including stress and less sleep, expedite the aging process. Skin aging manifests itself in the form of wrinkles, sagging, discoloration and other visible effects. Such changes become more apparent as soon as one reaches late thirties or early forties, but early onsets are now very common too, which can be caused by a number of factors.
There are many ways by which skin aging can be prevented. Let us have a look at the following:
- Eat healthy: Having a nutritious balanced diet can make a tremendous positive impact on your skin. Consumption of food items that are rich in vitamins, minerals and other nutrients is essential. It is also important to drink lots of water and fluids to stay hydrated. Junk food and sugary drinks should be avoided as it negatively affects skin health.
- Avoid sun exposure: This is the most basic way of reducing the rate of skin aging and slowing down the process. While going out in the day cannot always be avoided, it is important to keep the skin covered with clothing, hats and sunglasses.
- Always wear sunscreen: This provides protection from the harmful rays of the sun (known as UVA and UVB). Making a habit of constantly applying sunscreen on all exposed parts of skin plays an important role in preventing skin aging. It is also necessary to use the right products, which should have an SPF rating or 30 or more.
- Exercise regularly: Keeping fit through regular workouts and exercise improves the circulation of blood in the body and consequently, the supply of blood and oxygen to the skin. This keeps the skin healthy and young and prevents early onset of wrinkling and aging.
There are several other ways of preventing skin aging such as avoid smoking, avoid the use of too many products and cosmetics, getting enough sleep, and always keeping skin cleansed and moisturized. Following these simple ways can effectively make your skin look younger and slow down the aging process. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.