Salicylic Peel Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstruction of Smile Procedures
Revlite Laser Procedure
Cysts Removal Procedure
Cutaneous Fillers Treatment
Prp Hair Transplantation
Small Dermatologic Surgery
Pityriasis Rosea Treatment
Ear Reconstruction Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Earlobe Correction Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Chin Reduction Treatment
Chemical Peel Treatment
Submit a review for Paras HospitalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Tummy tuck surgery or Abdominoplasty is a cosmetic plastic surgery procedure which tightens the muscles of your tummy. Loose skin and fat from your abdomen are also removed and as a result, the abdomen gets flat and toned. This surgery is common among women after pregnancy who want to restore their figure. This surgery also assists patients who have lost a large amount of weight in a short time period. Most tummy tuck surgeries are carried out for cosmetic reasons. However, there are certain medical benefits, which are gained after an abdominplasty is carried out. They are enlisted below.
- Stress urinary incontinence is reduced: After giving birth, many women develop Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI). This is a bladder control disorder that causes leakage of urine without control when you sneeze, cough or laugh loudly. Usually, this disorder can be treated without having a surgery, but in certain cases a tummy tuck enables speedy recovery in patients who did not have a caesarian section. A slight amount of bladder obstruction is created, which reduces the SUI.
- Gives you a better posture and enhanced abdominal tone: The stomach muscles sometimes become distended due to extreme loss of weight or because of pregnancy. A tummy tuck surgery helps in tightening of the weak muscles, removes excess fat and skin and the abdomen gets flattened. After carrying out a tummy tuck, people get an improved posture as the tightened muscles provide better support to the vertebrae.
- Correction of ventral hernia: A ventral hernia occurs due to the breake down of intestinal or abdominal tissues through the abdomen walls, and a sack is formed. The causes include abdominal weakness as a result of huge weight loss or previous surgeries.
The symptoms that lead to a ventral hernia correction are similar to the symptoms of a tummy tuck, as both the surgeries rectify abdominal muscles. Once you have a ventral hernia correction, you may need to repeat it again. In case you have this type of surgery, it is recommended that you should also have a tummy tuck done. This might prevent future occurrence as the combined methods leave you in a much safer condition. Medical expenses and recovery time are also reduced.
Tummy tuck surgery is becoming increasingly popular these days. It is a major surgery which requires almost five hours to be completed successfully. A tummy tuck can remove up to ten pounds of fat from a person’s abdomen. It takes several weeks to recover after having a tummy tuck surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Large breasts are not just aesthetically unappealing but can also lead to a lot of structural problems including neck and back pain. This condition, called macromastia, is when either breast weighs more than 500 g. Breast reduction, also known as reduction mammoplasty, is aimed at reducing the size of the breasts followed by reshaping them if required. This will not just produce an aesthetically appealing image for the person but also can help relieve problems like neck and back pain.
Indications - When should you have breast reduction?
- There is constant back, shoulder, head, and/or neck pain
- Constant irritation of skin under the breasts
- Breathing difficulty
- Grooves on the shoulders from bra straps
- Poor posture
- Numbness in parts of the breasts and upper chest due to excessive weight
- Unhappy with the overall appearance
While these are the problems that mandate breast reduction, the following is a pointer towards who can go for the surgery. Needless to say, not everybody is a candidate.
- The person should have overall good health
- No active diseases or pre-existing medical conditions.
- Skin has adequate elasticity and can resume a firm consistency after the surgery
- Emotional and mental stability with loads of patience
- Done with childbirth and breastfeeding
- Be practical and have realistic expectations from the surgery
Overview of the procedure:
It is most often a combination of liposuction and gland reduction. Liposuction forms a small part of the procedure and it is the gland reshaping that actually reduces the size. There are many ways to do it and different surgeons may prefer different techniques depending on the size of the breast, quality of the skin, expectation of the patient. The two most common ways are one in which the final scars lie around the areola and vertically downwards and the other in which the scar is anchor shaped with an additional horizontal limb along the breast crease under the breast.
To achieve the best desired results, the first step is to have a detailed discussion. A thorough physical examination followed by mammographic evaluation will help arrive at the best possible technique. Along with the desired results, also discuss side effects, limitations, risks, postoperative care, recovery, and of course costs. Other factors are also to be considered including age, gestational history, feeding history, medication allergies, and detailed medical history including bleeding disorders, lung disorders, cardiac issues, etc.
A decision is then finally made to go ahead with breast reduction, which will not just improve her looks but also her confidence and relieve her of problems that back ache and neck pain.
Hello sir. Do smoking n drinking alcohol around 2 times a week have any effect on face skin tone? And is there any link between these n skin rashes? kindly help.
Hello doctor's after gynecomastia surgery can I play football professionally. Is that any problems occurring in future as playing football or any other workout. please doctors tell me I am worried about this question.
Bringing a child into this world is one of the most wonderful phases of a woman's life. At the same time, this involves a lot of body changes - physiologically, physically, chemically, and emotionally.
Mommy makeover refers to one or a combination of procedures that are done to alter the appearance after delivery, especially relating to one or more of the following:
- Tummy that is sagging (no fat, just loose skin) with stretch marks
- Breasts that are altered in size and shape, sometimes the enlargement could be completely disproportionate with the body and cause back pain
- Undefined thick waistline with irregular fat accumulation
- Fat deposits on the abdomen, thighs, hips, and trunk that do not reduce with dietary changes and exercise
- Skin changes on the face and around the eyes, giving an aged appearance
- Post cesarean, there is excessive skin around the surgical scar
- Reduces tummy size
- Gives a more youthful appearance
- Alters breasts to the desired shape and size
- Weight loss, if happens, could affect the results
- Subsequent pregnancies don't have any complications with tummy tuck but with another pregnancy the effects may be lessened or reversed.
- Since surgery is involved, the risk of unforeseen complications always exists (for instance, in breast implants, there is capsule formation or capsulitis, in rare cases rupture may require removal.)
Mommy makeover is not a single step procedure, but a combination of plastic surgical procedures that are done depending on the problem you present with.
- Tummy tuck - If there is abdominal sagging, the tummy is tucked back into position by removing the fat and excessive skin and reworking on the belly button.
- Liposuction - Excessive fat deposits in the hips, thighs, trunk area can be removed by sucking out the fat deposits. Most commonly done in the hips and trunk area.
- Breast lift - Sagging uneven breasts, drooping nipples, reduced volume are all indications for a breast lift. During the surgery, the breast tissue is repositioned to reproduce a better shape and size and reposition the nipples if required.
- Breast reduction - Large breasts are a common problem, and breast reduction is one of the most requested for procedures.
- Breast augmentation - Either saline implants or silicone are used to restore breast size and shape to the desired results. Usually, breast lift is combined with breast augmentation.
- Facial corrections - From dark circles to sagging skin to wrinkles, facial appearance can be changed based on the presenting symptoms.
These are very brief descriptions of the various procedures that are done as part of mummy makeover. A detailed consultation with your plastic surgeon regarding costs, subsequent pregnancies, aftercare, recovery, healing, and limitations and risks is to be had ahead of the surgery.
I got a stich mark after an accident I met and now is their any way to grow hair over that stich mark.
The difference between these two terms depends upon who you ask for the definition. Most people define liposuction as the technique for removing a considerable amount of fat whereas liposculpture is a process for removing a lesser amount of fat in a way that it reflects the underlying muscles. Liposculpture is great for creating a toned and athletic appearance rather than the bulk of shapeless volume.
Liposuction or Liposculpture: When you are spoilt for choice, which one would you opt for? The reply is obvious; most people would love to be sculpted rather than sucked. The term liposculpture rose into prominence primarily to connote a more refined overall impression of sculpture than mere suction. In the early times, there were some cosmetic surgeons who used this term to denote a practice of lipo-etching or superficial liposuction where more fragile and delicate contouring is carried out on the upper surface of the fat, but it creates a higher risk of producing irregularities and undulations on the contour.
Is it a marketing gimmick? Every plastic surgeon does sculpting while performing liposuction irrespective of the method implemented, be it, AquaJet, Slimlipo, lipotherme, VASER, Coollipo, etc. Liposculpture is therefore, a marketing name coined by the enterprise that produces the VASER ultrasound-assisted liposuction instrument.
Since both these terms are used interchangeably, the most important thing is to pay a visit to a certified surgeon. So regardless of the name by which you call it, it is a process that reshapes the body by removing the local fat deposits permanently. This is a very popular process among both males and females.
Liposculpture to remove stubborn body fat: Fatty deposits on the inner thighs and tummy are sometimes resistant to work out and diet. Many obese people lose their interest in losing weight without seeing any significant change in the lower part of the body. The overall proportions of fat on the body appear unbalanced and in such cases, liposuction or liposculpture, whatever you call it may help you to trim down the excess fat from your body and help you reach a more attractive shape and body contour.
Besides offering you a proportionate body shape, you will also feel a psychological lift with this process. It will boost your level of confidence, and you shall be brimming with energy. In addition, patients who have undergone liposculpture rejoice the ability to maintain a daily workout schedule. Many patients express their happiness for not being worried by chafing in the tummy or thigh area, and they are also able to put on fashionable clothes after going through liposculpture.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a the doctor and ask a free question.
Lot of weakness. Pain in legs n back Itching in both palms n both feet. Small small pimples are visible on hands n palm. Yesterday night I even puked. My lever is weak from childhood I'm 17 Girl.
Stuck with extra flab that does not seem to go away, or simply trying to hide the sagging skin after losing tons of weight? Whatever the reason, a tummy tuck is a cosmetic means of fixing that unsightly area of your abdomen that many people have trouble with. While exercise and diet may all be good in theory, there are many circumstances that may require this kind of surgical intervention, which is also known as abdominoplasty in medical terms. Read on to know more about it.
- Ideal Candidates:Who is the best candidate for this kind of procedure? To begin with, women have a hard time achieving a taut tummy especially after a few pregnancies. They can easily make use of this kind of procedure in order to have the excess flab removed surgically. Also, men and women who were once obese and still have rings of excess fat deposits around this region as well as loose skin due to sudden weight loss, can use this procedure. The people who want to go in for this kind of surgery will also need to be in good health condition in order to qualify for the same.
- Not so Ideal Candidates:If you have been pregnant before and are planning another pregnancy, then you may want to wait before having this surgery as the vertical muscles that are tightened during the surgery can be separated due to pregnancy and child birth again, which will reverse the effects of the surgery. Also, it should be the last resort after you have tried myriad weight loss measures. Further, people who are suffering from conditions like diabetes and cardiovascular diseases should have a talk with the doctor about the safety of such a procedure first.
- Types of Abdominoplasty:There are two kinds of abdominoplasty. The first kind of called complete abdominoplasty. In this procedure, the surgeon will cut open the abdomen from one hip to another, and then carry out contouring of the skin, tissue and muscle as per the requirement of the patient. In this procedure, the belly button of the patient will also be moved and drainage tubes may be inserted for a few days. The other kind is partial abdominoplasty which is basically done for people who have fat deposits under their navel. The procedure is short and does not require belly button movement.
- Preparation:One should be careful not to smoke or drink before the procedure and to keep a stack of loose clothing and ice packs ready for later.
Talk to your doctor in detail regarding complications and the aftermath so that you are better able to take care of yourself after the surgery.
I am 19 years old. I went through a gynecomastia liposuction with gland removal surgery. And the drains were removed by 5th day. And the doctor dressed me with dynaplastor dressing compressing my chest. I went for suture removal on the 12th day but the doctor examined my chest and I could see that my chest is of exactly d same size before surgery, I could hardly find any improvement or difference and am not satisfied. The doctor did not remove the sutures, instead he dressed me with the dynaplastor more tightly and asked me to visit him again after 4 days for suture removal. What is the problem? Is it common? Will my chest size decrease in time? Or this is a surgery failure? Pls ans me quickly. Am vry confused.
I have gynecomastia What should I do to make my chest normal Is surgery required in every case? If surgery is the only solution then please let me know some tips to reduce them.
I consulted a doctor for my gender identity problem this is what she said This is nothing to be ashamed of ,that I have more of male hormones and less of female hormones that is the reason of I feeling like a guy. I can dress the way I want blah blah. But what is the solution for this? Shall I change my gender. Does it make me to feel more comfortable. If it. Where can I find the doctor for my sex reassignment surgery ie. FTM transition.
Hello Team, I am 21 years old guy. I have a problem with my chest nipple. it is quite puffy type. My endocrinologist suggested it's not gynecomastia. I want a surgery to get rid of this fat tissue under nipple. How much the operation will cost?
I am a College going student and I drive a two wheeler. The pollution and sun has made my previously clear skin to be a bit pigmented and quite tanned. I also get some pimple in my T zone, if I don't carefully cover it up. Also, I have thick wavy hair, which get unmanageable and dry very soon, even though I do not use any heat on them. Any recommendations regarding my skin and hair will be highly appreciated.
Is it possible to have gynecomastia at one side of chest. My left side have puffy nipples right side is normal . Please doctor tell me.
I am 25 year old female , with normal menstrual history but abnormally low breast growth. M of thin built no significant medical or surgical history. Unmarried. Also noticed slight decrease in size with tremors in hands during exams.
A head full of hair is called a crowning glory and not only improves the looks and appearance of the person, but also adds to the person's image and self-esteem and confidence. With hair loss, the psychological effect is felt very strongly and can even lead to depression. Both men and women are equally affected by hair loss or balding, and can be treated with hair transplant.
It is a surgical procedure, wherein hair follicles are removed from one site that has normal hair growth (donor site) and placed on the bald patch with no or thin hair (recipient site). While the back of the head is the most common donor site, sometimes even the torso, trunk, and legs can be a good source. Hair is believed to grow in groups of follicles, so transplants are also done as follicular units.
Hair transplant usually differs in the way that the hair follicles are removed from the donor site. This can be done in two ways as outlined below.
Follicular unit strip surgery (FUSS): In this procedure, the donor site with a thick hair growth is identified and strips of tissue of about 1 x 15 cm are removed along with hair follicles. Under a microscope, excess fiber and fatty tissue in this strip is removed. The recipient site is prepared by creating small punctures at regular intervals into which the hair follicles are placed at appropriate angles, taking care to give a realistic look. The donor site will have minor injuries, which will heal with the new hair growing into it. The donor site will take about 2 weeks for the uptake of the follicles.
Follicular unit extraction (FUE): in FUE small punches are made at the donor site to remove tissues of 0.6 to 1 mm, which will contain hair follicles. These are placed into the recipient site at predetermined spacing and angles to produce a realistic appearance. This technique produces a more natural appearance and also fewer scars on the donor site. It takes longer than the strip surgery though.
The success of hair transplant depends on the postoperative care. The doctor will give a set of instructions for hair wash and hair care, which are to be followed strictly. In the first 10 days after transplant, the patient will experience a 'shock loss' where almost all of the new hair follicles will fall out leading to hair thinning. New hair growth in this area will be seen over the next 2 to 3 months. Itching and minor swelling will subside on their own.
With good follow-up care, hair transplant can be a boon to people who have baldness and can provide a big boost to self-esteem and confidence.