Doctor in Neelkanth Hospital
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Neelkanth HospitalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
It is the process of in which the unwanted and undesirable hair are removed through pulses of light that are highly intense and powerful.
During laser hair removal, a pulse beam passes through the skin to an individual hair follicle. The intense heat of the laser damages the hair follicle, which hinders its future hair growth. Laser hair removal is most effective for people who have light skin and dark hair.
Why is it done?
Laser hair removal is used to reduce unwanted hair. Common treatment locations include legs, underarms, upper lip, chin and bikini line. However, it's possible to treat unwanted hair in nearly any area - except the eyelid or surrounding area.
Hair color and skin type influence the success of laser hair removal. For example, laser hair removal is most effective for people who have light skin and dark hair because the laser beam targets the pigment (melanin) in the hair. However, advances in technology have made laser hair removal an option for people who have darker skin.
Laser hair removal isn't generally effective for white, gray, red or blond hair because the laser can't "see" the lighter hair. However, treatment options for lighter hair continue to be investigated.
What are the advantages of hair removal surgery?
More precise: Selective target makes it more precise leaving the surrounding hair undamaged.
More speedy and quicker: High speed and highly intensified pulse takes only a fraction of second to treat many hair at the same time.Small areas such as the upper lip can be treated in less than a minute, and large areas, such as the back or legs, may take up to an hour.
More Predictable: It is so because repeated therapies of hair removal may result in permanent loss of hair among several patients.
What are the risks associated with it?
This treatment does not guarantee complete hair removal the hair can grow after having undergone hair removal surgery but however the grown hair are more light in color and weight.
Care After the Procedure-
Before laser hair removal, the hair in the treatment area might be trimmed with a pair of scissors. You'll also be given special goggles to protect your eyes from the laser beam. The doctor might apply a topical anesthetic to your skin to reduce any discomfort during treatment.
To reduce any discomfort, apply ice to the treated area. If you have a skin reaction immediately after laser hair removal, the doctor might apply a steroid cream to the affected area.
After laser hair removal, avoid sun exposure - both natural sunlight and tanning beds. When your skin has healed, use sunscreen whenever you're in the sun.
I'm 27 years old female I have white patches on my tongue which is sensitive to spicy and hot food. High burning sensation when eating. I have been this since Aug 2016. Tried different treatments after dentists suspected it's fungal or thrash. But no improvement. Since then I had no medicine what so ever. Some doctors suggested for a biopsy for cancer. Please suggest what should I do?
The surgical procedure to correct the appearance of eyelids is called blepharoplasty. The correction is done by removing extra skin, fat and muscle that make the eyelids droop.
Eyelids start drooping when the muscles supporting your eyelids weaken as you grow older. Excess fat accumulates below and above your eyelids as a result, which leads to eye bags and droopy eyelids.
Besides making you look older than your age, droopy eyelids can also affect your vision. Blepharoplasty can improve your vision and give your eyes a polished look at the same time. Some other benefits include:
Excess deposits of fat that make eyelids look puffy are removed with the help of blepharoplasty.
Eye bags are reduced.
Drooping eyelids which end up revealing the sclera (the white part in your eyeballs) are fixed.
Fine wrinkles and excess skin around lower eyelids are corrected.
Blepharoplasty is usually combined with procedures such as skin resurfacing, face-lift or brow-lift.
Blepharoplasty, like every other surgical procedure, has certain risks, which include—
Irritated, dry eyes
Trouble closing eyes and other associated problems
Eye muscle injury
Follow-up surgery is needed
Short-term blurry vision, or in unusual cases, loss of vision
General risks associated with surgery such as blood clots, anaesthetic reactions, cardiac and other coronary problems.
Before the surgery can be scheduled, a surgeon and ophthalmologist will be consulted to record your medical history and discuss your expectations about the surgery. Then, before the procedure can begin, the following steps will be followed:
First, you will be examined physically; your doctor will test your tear ducts and take measurements of your eyelids.
Second, your eyes will be examined and your vision will be tested.
Lastly, your doctor will take photographs of your eyes which will facilitate and guide him/her through the course of the surgery.
The effects of blepharoplasty are long-lasting and the corrections are permanent. Durable sun protection of the eyes helps in maintaining the corrections made.
Although, you can get excellent results from one surgery, sometimes you may need multiple procedures to achieve the desired look.
Everybody wants a radiant and younger looking skin that is flawless and glowing. Having a healthy lifestyle that involves eating right, sleeping well and exercising enough can help you achieve that. But sometimes, that is not quite enough. It is a common misconception that the only way to get perfect skin is through cosmetic surgery. What many people do not know is that there is a range of non-surgical treatments and procedures that can give you the skin you desire. These treatments are quick and easy and do not come with the hassles of post-operation care.
Following are a few examples of such treatments that can give you better skin:
- Chemical peels: This is a treatment method for skin that makes it look younger and smoother. It involves the application of a chemical solution that makes the skin blister and peel off. The layer of skin that lies underneath comes up to the surface and is suppler and less wrinkled than the skin that has peeled off.
- Botox injections: Botox (an abbreviation for botulinum toxin) is a bacterial protein that is injected into the skin to make it appear less aged. The muscles in the area of the skin that receive the injection get temporarily paralyzed which causes wrinkles in the region to diminish.
- Microdermabrasion: This procedure involves taking silicon crystals and propelling them onto the skin surface to remove cells from the uppermost layer of skin. The inflammation or “abrasion” that forms on the skin surface helps suppress the appearance of superficial wrinkles and unevenness on the skin, making it look younger and better.
- Laser skin resurfacing: Lasers can be used to improve the appearance of skin. In this treatment method, high-intensity light is used to tighten loose skin and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Laser skin resurfacing can also be used to improve skin that is scarred. Depending on the intensity of the laser used, the effects of the procedure can last between 2 to 5 years.
- Filler injections: This is a common procedure used to improve the appearance of skin. It involves injecting hyaluronic acid into the skin to remove wrinkles and fine lines and increase skin volume. These injects help plump up the skin and make it look more smooth and supple than before.