Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Medanta-The MedicityYour feedback matters!
Sir I have problem of knock knees done knees pass but knees chipkte h kya kare sir isse dur aur I think that also have problem in sex my veins kamjor h.
Movement of the head and neck is enabled by the various joints in this region, the main role being played by the cervical spine. This is a part of the vertebra or the spine and supports the head and neck in all movements. There are cervical vertebrae, ligaments, muscles, and nerves which ensure this movement happens smoothly. However, given the complexity of the whole structure, head and neck pain are also two of the most common joint pains.
The Neck Bone’s Connected to the Head Bone…
The vertebrae of your neck (cervical spine) support the weight of your head and all its motions, which may not seem like much – until you realize your head weighs as much as a bowling ball. When your neck bones are not positioned properly, the result is tightening of the muscles and irritation of the nerves that connect with your head. Your head and neck symptoms may include some or all of the following:
- Sharp or dull pain or discomfort in your neck
- Stiffness in your neck
- Inability to turn your head to one side
- Shoulder pain
- Jaw pain
Fortunately, you don’t have to live with head and neck pain – and you don’t have to take drugs to eliminate the pain.
- Posture problems: Not providing adequate support when being seated grows to be a menace. With the changing lifestyle where people end up staring at a monitor, there is tremendous stress on the neck muscles, leading to pain and stiffness. There is also loss of flexibility, leading to a stiff neck and headaches.
- Muscle strain: This can occur due to a sudden movement, either when doing something or as a result of accident (like a whiplash injury). The muscle can be torn or injured and this can result in pain, swelling, and inflammation of the affected area.
- Stress: One of the most common identifier of stress is the constant ache/nagging pain in the back of the neck.
- Disk herniation: When the disk is moved out of its space due to excessive movement and rotation, the disk gets herniated and the nerve gets ‘pinched.’ This can cause a sharp, shooting pain to the area where the nerve emerges out of that disk.
Spondylitis, arthritis, etc., are other chronic inflammatory conditions which can affect the neck and head areas.
When there is pain in the head and neck area, the whole body function is affected. The movement is limited and therefore vision, neck movements, and other functions are affected. This, in turn, affects the overall quality of life.
- Identify the problem with a thorough examination, X-ray, and if required soft tissue examination.
- Ice the area for relief of pain temporarily.
- Improve ergonomics in terms of height of the monitor, seat/chair, etc., so the strain is minimized.
- Develop an exercise regimen, which gives adequate exercise to the head and neck muscles.
- Manage stress. Be it physical, chemical, or emotional stress, it takes a toll on the head and neck area. Managing the stress (there is no escape from it!) will definitely see the pains and stiff neck go away.
- Engage in pain management, which is holistic (as above) and does not always resort to medications.
Sir, I am suffering from neck pain. Humne two doctors ko days but no aaram. Sir ji humne continue tablet bhi le. But problem is not solved. I request that problem is solved.
Respected Sir, I have AS as well as sacroiliac joint pain in my back. I have visited doctors few days ago and doctor give me some medicine and exercise regarding for this. I am actually looking for exact exercise for this painful joint pain. Please help me.
Hello sir about 10-12 days ago while playing game, my right knee is impact by stone and blood come as normal so I use first aid and clean by dettol and goes to general doctor as I am hosteler student, but pain not goes 7 days as I think that because of wound, after that my exam are a near and I will go to outside, but now it's 12 days go pain occurs in my knee, no problem occurs but when I walk or step up or down the stairs, problem occurs, I saw on net, can its sign of knee ligament tear, Bcoz pain occurs, can it's also having the reason of non taking rest a single day, or what is the symptoms of knee ligament tear.
I am suffering from body pain from 14 day and leave infarction which thing I eat as food and which medicine help in body pain.
Hi sir/mam, I am 22 male. I was getting back pain and pain along bone marrow and low back. I've visited to few doctors and all of them said that I don't have strength in my back. What needs to be done to increase my back strength.
Hi I want to know that I have severe pain in my right knee whenever I sit in washroom my knee hurts very badly I can not give load on my knee if I distribute my body weight on my right knee when sitting in washroom or climbing stairs it hurts very badly it's all right when I am standing or not bending my knee. But if knee is bent it hurts .the pain is in the middle soft part of knee. There is no issue of balance. My left knee has also start paining not that much but it pains when I sit in washroom. I am 17 year old.
I have been suffering pain in my left knee last 2 weeks. I applied two three gel but not yet relief. Plse suggest me or its a uric acid problem.
I am masturbation addiction, I do masturbation once a everyday. It is so good to masturbate once per day? My problem are:- 1. Hair loss 2. Back pain 3. Laziness.
My thighs pain a lot after yesterday's workout session as I hit the gym after a long time. The pain is unbearable now. Please advise a painkiller for some relief.
After 3 month of chikungunya. Pain and swelling in joints or thumb wrist nd knee. Please suggest any medicine treat these problem. I am in very trouble.
I having suffering l4 l5 disc bulge issue. I am planing to go to jogging everyday dose it effect on my disc pain.
I have pain in lower part i.e.after knee joint of both legs .Pain level is so high that I am unable walk normally. Since last 7 days I am having issue. I have also pain in toes as well as abdomen.In previous yours also I got such pain but condition was not so worse. After resting I was getting relief .so I took it this issue lightly.In current situation my condition is so poor that I am unable to move properly. When I walk more than 10 min condition becomes worse. I do not have any fever also. I thought issue could of diabetes but after sugar test report was normal. Please suggest me what should I do? Or is it any kind of any disease?
Doctor, three days back I developed sore throat. Two days back had fever (100.5) took only one paracetamol and after that body temperature till today (3rd day) is Normal .but I am having joint pains ,heavy legs and very mild cramp .i went MD doc. He did CBP. He told everything is normal. Platelets are adequate, lymphocytes 36% .can this be dengue? I don’t have fever .i have only joint pain in left elbow and legs are heavy.
Reasons and remedy for heel pain. Typical manifestation appears early in the morning. First few steps will give unbearable pain and after walking few steps pain will come down. Even a gently nudge in the heal area will produce sharp pain.
When a child falls down and starts crying, the first thing a mother does is to pick up her child and console him/her and rub where you are hurt. Even when we grow older, our natural instinct when we bang into something is to rub the affected part. Even with modern medicines, the healing power of touch has made massages a popular type of alternative medication for aches and pains.
A massage helps relieve pain in a number of ways.
- First, it relaxes the body and mind and keeps the mind from thinking about the pain.
- Second, a massage warms the body and increases blood flow. This is very beneficial in cases of pain caused by sore muscles and stiff joints.
- Third, studies have also suggested that a massage can promote the release of opioids or natural painkillers in the brain. This hormone relaxes the body and encourages feelings of contentment.
A massage also reduces cellular stress and boosts mitochondrial biogenesis. This helps speed up the healing process of cellular injuries and gives energy to the cells. Many pregnant women also find a massage very helpful in dealing with labour pains. Other benefits of a massage include reducing anxiety, exercising muscles, enhancing immunity and easing a person’s dependence on medications.
There are many types of massages, but there is no clear evidence that makes one type of massage more beneficial than the others. While some people prefer a Swedish massage that involves kneading the skin, others prefer a deep massage or pressure point massages. Some of the common types of body pain that can benefit from a massage include headaches, lower back pain, arthritic knee pain, neck pain and fibromyalgia. A massage is also said to be helpful in reducing pain triggered by cancer and cancer treatment.
As compared to painkillers, a massage is typically considered safe as long as you are being massaged by a trained professional. In the wrong hands, a massage can, in fact, worsen pain. For slight, occasional pains, a massage is great, but when it comes to more chronic pains, it is best to consult a doctor before getting a massage. This is because the pain may be a symptom of a larger problem. Other instances when you should not get a massage include in cases of a fracture, deep vein thrombosis, burns or open wounds, severe osteoporosis or thrombocytopenia or if you suffer from a bleeding disorder.