Doctor in Medanta - The Medicity
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Medanta - The MedicityYour feedback matters!
Dear sir/madam, I am always experiencing lightheadedness with heavy feeling in back of head. My bp is around 137/90. Lightheadedness feeling occurs mainly in standing. I have allergic rhinitis and laryngo pharyngeal reflux. Is lightheadedness related with these diseases or something else. Please prescribe cheap and powerful medicines for mainly lightheadedness.
Age of patient is 67 year, as per medical reports 90% multiple blockage but patient is still normal take the medicine and diet.
Most families refer to their newborn baby as their 'bundle of joy'. The news of a child being born brings immense joy to the entire family. However, due to various reasons, a child could be born with some medical abnormalities, which would be known as congenital abnormalities. There are several different types of heart defects that can be congenital. These usually manifest themselves either immediately after birth or in the early years of life. In some cases, the abnormality could be detected on prenatal ultrasounds. In others, it may not be and the family could be caught off guard about the condition. This causes a lot of stress, both for the child, who does not receive regular postnatal care and for the parents immediately after the delivery process.
If the baby has the following symptoms within the first few hours of life, there could be a serious underlying condition, which requires medical attention. The presence and severity of the symptoms would depend on the actual abnormality.
- The skin is pale gray or blue in color due to excessive venous flow in the system
- Excessive sweating
- The child is exerting to breathe regularly
- Rapid breathing causes added load on the heart accompanied by a grunting noise
- Flared nostrils i.e. the baby attempts to take in more oxygen with each breath causes flared nostrils
- Swollen legs, eyes, and abdomen: Fluid retention in the legs and abdomen is quite common, and this could be characteristic of newborns with congenital heart disease
- Shortness of breath, even during feeding
- Clubbed fingernails
- Lethargy and low energy, even with feeding, therefore very poor feeding pattern
- Chest pain, which may cause the newborn to cry incessantly
- Low weight gain, as they feed less
In some children, symptoms manifest only during the teenage years or early adulthood. These conditions are not very severe and the symptoms include:
- Swelling of the hands, feet, and ankles due to fluid accumulation
- Lowered energy levels, leading to easy fatigue
- Shortness of breath with even minimal physical activity
- Inability to exercise
- Developmental delays and changes in growth milestones
- Recurrent respiratory tract infections including sinus infections, bronchitis, and pneumonia
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Heart failure, where the heart is not able to effectively function and pump blood to all parts of the body.
Some or more of these symptoms should trigger a warning to get the child tested for congenital heart disease. While some would just require a monitoring until severe symptoms develop, severe conditions like holes, abnormal valves, narrowed arteries, and blood vessel abnormalities might require immediate intervention.
I am kidney transplant patient. After 10 months of transplant my hemoglobin level is 17.7. Doctor prescribe losar 25 mg tab. My blood pressure normal 110-80. Can I take this medicine or not? Which medicine should prescribe for high hemoglobin level by doctors?
Hello Doctor, I am 26 years old, I have a problem with my hand fingers and feet always feels chill. During that time I am struggling to breathe and I can't control shivering also stiffness. May I know what is the reason for that. Because I'm always feel full body pain and tiredness also. What is the best treatment for control all those problems?
We are all aware that the incidence of heart disease is increasing in India. Generally, the average age of heart patients in India is a decade younger, that means there are younger patients suffering from heart disease in India.