Laser Weight Loss Treatment
Prp Hair Transplant
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment of Cryolipolysis
Cutaneous Fillers Treatment
Lipo Abdomen Procedures
Lipodissolve Injection Treatment
Lip Augmentation Procedures
Lip Reduction Procedures
Laser Hair Removal - Face
Laser Depigmentation Treatment
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Back Liposuction Procedure
Earlobe Correction Procedure
Submit a review for Max HospitalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Unwanted hair is a major issue for many young people. Shaving or waxing the hair is tedious process, and can also be painful at times. Due to its many benefits, laser hair removal has become very popular amongst youngsters. In many cases, after three to eight sessions, permanent hair loss is observed. Recent years have seen an increase in the number of laser hair removal procedures performed.
What is the theory behind laser hair removal?
Laser technology is based on highly concentrated rays. These rays are concentrated on a specific part of your skin from where you wish to remove the hair. The highly concentrated light is directed to particular hair follicles in order to remove them. Although, permanent results or results that last a lifetime are never guaranteed, cases have been observed wherein after a few sessions, complete hair loss is observed.
Many types of laser removal procedures are available, among these, Neodymium YAG, diode, alexandrite, and intense pulsed light sources are well known.
Why should you choose laser hair removal?
Unwanted hair on your face, underarms, legs, arms or any other area can be easily removed using this procedure. Laser hair removal procedures offer you with a healthy and smooth skin free of unwanted hair. The laser used for hair removal target dark and bristly hairs without damaging the surrounding areas. Known for its speed, laser hair procedure has the ability to treat small areas in approximately one minute and less. These small areas include the upper lip region.
How long does it take?
Laser removal method is performed by skilled doctors. The doctors need to decide how many days and sittings will it take to get the procedure done depending upon the growth of hair in that specific area and also how much area of your skin is to be covered. Once the procedure is done, one may need to get it done in few years again depending upon the regrowth of hair on his/her body.
Difficulties of laser hair removal procedure:
- Laser hair procedures can at times cause hyper pigmentation of skin or darkening of skin. It can also cause hypo pigmentation, which causes lightening of skin colour at certain regions.
- Some people experience itchiness after the procedure has been completed.
- It may leave scars or skin infections if not done by skilled or accomplished doctors.
Laser hair treatment is effective and comparatively more efficient on people who have light skin and dark hair. Generally, laser hair surgeries are done to remove unwanted hair on back, face, chest, neck, bikini area, shoulders, upper lip, chin etc. For successful results, one should get this procedure performed from a skilled doctor. If not done properly, it will leave marks/scars and damage your body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic-plastic-surgeon.
With cosmetic surgery, today, it is possible to reshape the contours of your face anyway you like. Rhinoplasty is one of the most common types of cosmetic surgeries. This is a surgery to restructure the shape and size of your nose. This procedure can be done under local or general anesthesia. Depending on the amount of restructuring needed, the surgery can be performed as an outpatient procedure or may require an overnight stay at the hospital.
To change the structure of the nose, the surgeon makes an incision on the nose to access the bones and cartilage. This incision can be made inside the nose to keep the scar from being visible after surgery. Depending on how the nose is to be structured, bone and cartilage may be removed or tissue from another part of the body may be added. Once this is done, skin and tissue is re-draped over the bone structure. A splint is added outside the nose to support it while it heals.
This splint and internal dressings remain in place for about a week. The area around your nose and eyes will also feel swollen and appear bruised. This swelling and bruising will take at least a fortnight to subside. The swelling may make your nose feel congested and cause slight bleeding and drainage of mucus. Cold compresses and pain medication can help relieve the discomfort.
Here are a few other tips to help speed up the healing process:
- Keep your head elevated and relatively still for a few days after the surgery
- Take bucket baths instead of showers while the nose is bandaged
- Avoid blowing your nose
- Avoid making extreme facial expressions
- Limit movement of the upper lip by brushing your teeth gently
- Eat fiber rich foods to avoid constipation
- Avoid wearing clothes that need to be pulled over your head and instead wear front closing clothes
- Avoid strenuous activities like aerobics and jogging
- Do not wear sunglasses or spectacles that put pressure on your nose for at least a month
- Protect your nose from the sun by using sunscreen whenever outdoors
- Limit your salt intake
To be completely satisfied with the results of your rhinoplasty surgery, will require patience. It can take a few months for the cartilage and tissues to settle into place. It is also necessary for you and your doctor to be aligned as to the kind of correction needed.
Men also suffer from breast enlargement, medically called gynecomastia. This usually happens when the levels of female sex hormones, in the affected male, overshadow the male sex hormone levels.
Gynecomastia is different from fat accumulation in the male upper chest. It is typically characterised by an increase in the glandular tissue, which can produce milk.
Lots of adolescent boys suffer from male breast enlargement due to the adolescent hormonal surge, though, the condition can present in men at any age. Adolescents lose the breast enlargement typically in periods ranging from 6 months to a year. Beyond this period, a man with enlarged breasts has to seek medical intervention for treatment.
Typically, gynecomastia occurs due to certain medications like for renal failure and hypertension. It can also be caused due to conditions like hyperthyroidism or kidney failure, liver cirrhosis or problems with testes which causes changes in hormones in the male body.
Whatever be the reason, gynecomastia is a deeply distressing condition for men of all ages. Treatments are available, both surgical and medicinal and they help especially surgery.
Male Breast Reduction Surgery- Facts
Surgery for male breast reduction can be performed safely and successfully on teenagers and adult men alike.
In male breast reduction surgery, the surgeon makes an incision around the nipple and removes the excess glandular tissue and fats causing the appearance of the breast. This is the only effective treatment for gynecomastia that has long-lasting, if not permanent, results. Male breasts may also appear due to excess fat in the upper chest. Liposuction is generally very effective in treating this. The surgeon removes fats and some glandular tissue and then sculpts a new chest contour that looks natural for your body.
More severe cases of gynecomastia may require more than this. The surgeon has to then go for something called ‘surgical tissue excision’ to achieve optimal results. Older males with gynecomastia with sagging skin also require tissue excision. This technique allows the surgeon to remove a major chunk of glandular tissue and/or skin that cannot be successfully removed by mere liposuction.
If you are planning to go for breast reduction surgery, find the best cosmetic surgeon. This will go a long way in you getting the best results and minimise scars.
Also be prepared for the after-effects of the surgery. Even though it is typically performed as an outpatient procedure using general anaesthesia or local anaesthesia with sedation, you must be prepared for soreness and swelling. Recovery time is usually a week and a patient is often given a compression garment to wear for the first few weeks after surgery to support the healing breast tissue. Also, be prepared to be off exercise for a month or so after surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a endocrinologist and ask a free question.
Many-a-times, people regret of having got themselves inked because the design may no longer suit their lifestyle, interests or the very reason they got inked in the first place might not hold much meaning to them. However, the good part is that, owing to the breakthrough of medical science aided technology, you can now eliminate traces of your past mistake from your skin surface. However, a tattoo removal using LTR (Laser Tattoo Removal) might lead to the formation of scabs, crusts or blisters, within eight to seventy two hours of having undergone the process. This might even form a superficial wound on the skin. To ensure that your skin heals completely, you can consider these tips.
Apply antibiotic ointment on your skin at least thrice a day and keep your inked area bandaged for not less than three days. This protects your weak and damaged skin from infection. After three days, take off the cover to expose the lasered area of your skin to air. This helps your skin to dry out as well as get prepared for your next treatment. Scabbing may persist for a couple of weeks.
Never get panicky on noticing blisters as they play an integral part in the healing process. They are indicative of the fact that the immune system of your body has begun to take off the ink from your skin and is trying to recover.
Do not peel off the crusts, blisters or scabs that have formed after the treatment, lest they might leave scars on your skin.
If you experience any sort of inflammation or discomfort after the removal, try putting ice-pack or using acetaminophen a day after the session.
Use sunblock or sunscreen creams to protect the part of your skin that has undergone treatment. Refrain from applying cosmetics or anything that might cause itching to the area.
Take a shower, about couple of hours after the treatment. Nevertheless, stay away from bathing in a bath tub or even swimming unless the blisters heal completely. The water from a swimming pool or a bath tub may contain bacteria that may result in further infection, thus delaying the healing process.
- Get medical assistance in case of any tingling sensation or mild bruising apart from the above mentioned discomfort.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
One of the most common cosmetic procedures performed in the world today is that of breast augmentation or reduction. This is a fairly common surgery wherein depending on the requirement of the patients; the breasts are either made bigger with the help of implants or reduced in size by excising fat and tissue. Although a majority of these patients are female, there are an increasing number of male patients, who opt for male breast surgery as well.
The need for male breast surgery-
The requirement for male breast surgery arises due to the occurrence of Gynecomastia or the development of male breasts. In this condition, fat and glandular tissues are stored within the male chest in the pattern of female breasts, thus giving it a feminine look. This is a common occurrence among men and can be a cause of social embarrassment for the man as well as affecting his self-esteem. Some of the causes for gynecomastia or male breasts would be –
Excessive Weight Gain.
Hormonal changes within the body where testosterone levels drop due to conditions such as ‘Hypogonadism’ (in men, the inability of the testicle’s to function correctly) and estrogen levels increase.
Medications used to treat other disorders such as certain anti -depressants, cancer medication, and anti-anxiety medications among others.
Excess consumption of alcohol and certain drugs.
Hyperthyroidism (excess thyroid secretion by the thyroid gland).
It isn’t always just fat!
While many people tend to blame male breasts due to the accumulation of fat, this may not be the case always. Even skinny or people with an athletic build may notice misshapen chest that has more of a feminine appearance and thus would like to correct that. This is obviously caused by hormonal factors and genetics of body shape as well rather than just being obese or overweight.
Types of Male Breast Surgery-
Male breast surgery revolves around breast reduction and contouring to give it a more flat and toned look. This can be achieved in either of these ways:
Liposuction – This is a fairly common procedure and is minimally invasive; meant to suck out the fat through a small opening on the skin. With the help of liposuction, doctors can easily contour your chest to have a more masculine look by removing the excess fat. This procedure is a very popular one as it takes less time to recover and also isn’t invasive. However, this is used as an option for male breast surgery when the problem isn’t acute.
Surgery to remove excess tissues and fat – If the male breasts have excessive glandular tissue and the problem is acute, a more extensive form of surgery wherein the glandular tissue is excised may be required. However, this is also not very invasive and you can get back to your regular routine within a few days after surgery.
Hello doctor, My age is 16 and half, I am too much worried of such embarrassing thing that is I am having man boobs how to loose it please give a reply.
Does transplanted beard hair fall after a week or 2 and regrow? If does how long will it will it take to grow back? My dermatologist told me that it happens only for hair transplant on head.
Breast augmentation is known to be popular among women and is frequently done and shows quite satisfying results.
Breast augmentation can enhance your appearance and your self-confidence, enlarging your breasts and making them more proportional with the rest of your body. Breast augmentation can also be used to correct differences in the size of your breasts or sagging breasts, which can occur after pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Getting the right size: choosing the right size for breast augmentation is very important. It's wrong to believe that bigger implants are not always good. The size of implant should be decided after proper assessment of the breasts. In general, size selection is made based on your natural breast size. Whether you opt for a saline implant or a silicone one, implants come in varied sizes ranging from 120 cc to 500 cc. When you choose a size for yourself, you'll have to keep in mind your body frame as well as appearance you wish to have post surgery.
- Incision options: depending on the results you expect, you'll also need to consider which incision (a surgical cut made in your skin before the operation) option you should select before undergoing surgery. Incisions can range anywhere from 1-4 inches, with their lengths increasing as the implants expand in size. There are also certain incisions, such as the belly button incisions that are really small and don't leave behind visible scar tissue.Apart from belly button incision, some of the other incision options that a surgeon may employ for breast augmentation could be:- armpit incision (incision made in the underarm area for breast implantation through the armpit)- nipple incision (incision made on the areola, which is the circular area of pigmented skin surrounding a nipple)- crease incision (incision made in the crease area below the breast for implantation).
- Picking silicone or saline implants: when it comes to implants, you have two options available - saline or silicone. Providing a uniform shape and firmness, saline implants come filled with sterile salt water. In contrast, silicone breast implants contain elastic gel, giving them the look of natural breasts. In terms of elasticity, saline implants can be adjusted more easily as you can inject or remove liquid from the implant. In contrast, silicone implants cannot be adjusted as they are already filled with the gel.
- Following the surgery, it is important to have restricted light activities, with no lifting or heavy duties for 7-10 days. Most patients may drive again and return to work within 7 days after the surgery. Heavy activities and sport should not be undertaken for 3-4 weeks following the surgery.
- Breast augmentation surgery requires a general anaesthetic, with the operation taking 1-2 hours, and is usually performed as a day-stay or overnight-stay procedure.Implants are placed either behind the breast tissue or under the pectoralis muscle on the chest wall. Breast implants placed underneath the muscle have a more natural shape, a lower chance of capsular contracture (hardening) of the implant, and it is easier for mammography.
I am 24 age. I have Gynecomastia and am thinking Liposuction is the way to get rid of it. May I get some expert suggestions on this? How the process goes, cost and every important thing.
How to increase breast size with minimum time how much price take in silicon enlargement and at waht time will taken.
I have a multiple all over body it has started since last 3 years my father and brother also have lipomas my father has only 5-7 lipoma my brother has 15-20 while I have 20+ lipomas can lipoma be melted.
Doctor I have a cut mark on my right hand's figure from my childhood. I want to remove this. Pls tell me medicine for this.
What is FUE Hair transplant?
Follicular Unit Extraction is most widely used and the most reliable method of hair transplant being utilized for the permanent and scar-less restoration of hair. FUE is so effective surgical method that it is impossible to distinguish transplanted hair from natural hair. Results are natural and undetectable.
How is FUE done?
The procedure is performed in the OPD under Local Anaesthesia. Anaesthesia is given to prevent any discomfort to the patient during the procedure.
FUE is the method of extraction donor hair directly from donor site in a follicular unit hair transplant procedure. An instrument is used to make small circular incisions in the skin around a follicular unit while separating it from the surrounding tissue. The follicular unit is directly extracted from the scalp leaving a small open hole.
This process continues until the surgeon accumulates large number of follicular units for the planned hair restoration. For single session, this procedure can take two to three hours whereas for long session, it may be accomplished over two consecutive days. The donor scars are approximately 1mm in size which completely heals within ten days.
Before the grafts are harvested, tiny 'recipient sites'; are made in the balding area of the scalp using a fine needle-point instrument. The follicular units are then placed into the recipient sites where they will grow into healthy hair-producing follicles. The creation of recipient sites and the placing of follicular unit grafts are essentially the same in both FUE and FUT procedures. The difference lies in the appearance of the donor area and in the quality and quantity of grafts obtained with each technique.
How is the healing phase after an FUE?
The donor wounds, approximately 1-mm in size, completely heal over the course of seven to ten days, leaving tiny white scars buried in the hair in the back and sides of the scalp.
When does the hair begin growing?
The transplanted hair generally shed within 2 to 6 weeks after the surgery as roots enter in resting phase. Within three to eight months, transplanted roots start sprouting hair. It takes ten to twelve months to have denser hair as hair continue to mature and thicken gradually. Once transplanted hair begin to grow, it will continue to do so for lifetime.
What is biostimulated FUE?
It comprises of hair transplantation by FUE along with 3 sessions of Platelet rich plasma therapy which simultaneously enhance residual hairs as well as transplanted hairs by presence of high concentration of growth factors directly near the hair roots and stimulation of STEM CELLS.
In this hair follicles to be transplanted are preserved in a special solution enriched with patient's own growth factors and at the end of surgery this concentrated solution of growth factors is injected into the whole affected area.
With biostimulation, a good proportion of transplanted hairs remain in growth phase (ANAGEN) and directly start growing after transplantation.
Liposuction is very popular as a relatively quick and safe cosmetic surgery to get rid of excess fat. At one time, the procedure was even touted as a better alternative to healthy diet and exercise. Regardless of such myths, liposuction is an important development in cosmetic surgery. Indeed in certain cases (of extreme weight gain) liposuction is the first surgical procedure performed on the patient. Like all surgeries, liposuction has a few do's and don'ts, and they are:
- Keep your weight at a healthy level before surgery. The more the amount of fat is removed from your body, the greater is the risk involved in surgery, which is why controlling your weight pre surgery is important. Losing a large amount of weight leaves a lot of loose skin in your body, which can make your skin look saggy.
- Wear your compression garments. Compression garments help your skin compress over the area where the fat used to be, leaving smooth, tight skin.
- Continue exercising (with the go ahead of your doctor) after the procedure and follow a healthy diet to maintain your body.
- Maintain gentle activity for two weeks after the procedure. This will help in removing fluid deposition in the surgical area and prevent complications.
- Do not take anti inflammatory medicines like aspirin or ibuprofen as these medicines may cause bleeding complications. They also harm the body's immune system, which is detrimental to recovery.
- Do not smoke or drink while recovering as Nicotine disturbs normal skin growth, which may lead to permanent scars, while alcohol interferes with the effect of some medicines.
- Don't lift heavy objects or bend down immediately after the surgery. Your doctor will give you a more specific timeline as to when you can pursue such activities.
- Don't expect results from day one. You will see results after you have recovered from the surgery.
- Do not opt for liposuction specifically for weight loss. Liposuction is chiefly a procedure for shaping and contouring the fat in your body to give you that shape you always desired.
Related Tip: "Liposuction: When Will You Be Ready?"
Hello mam, I opted for hair transplant on 30th January this year. But till now the hair growth in the transplanted area is not up to the mark at all. Very few hair have been grown. Will all hair grow in that area within 1 year?
Here are some tips and treatments for hair loss