Here are symptoms,cause and treatments of Erectile Dysfunction
Hi everybody! I am Dr. Imran. Today, I am going to talk about erectile dysfunction, which is a very common problem among especially the males. I am going to tell you the causes and the treatment of this disorder. In todays time , most of the young and middle-aged males are either unable to have erection or are able to have it but cannot maintain the same for long as required to have the sexual intercourse. Scientific research says that the cause for this may be lack of proper blood supply in your sexual organ, the penis, due to some relevant causes.
Among the causes of this dysfunction as seen in our clinical practice include the side effects of certain medicines prescribed for high blood pressure, blood sugar, diabetes, epilepsy. Sometimes, it may happen due to certain psychological problems as well like high levels of depression, anxiety, stress. It may also occur due to poor interpersonal relationship when the male is either unable to communicate properly with his partner or for some other reasons in the background which disturb the relationship. Along with this, spinal or head injuries and hormonal imbalances in the body may also cause the dysfunction.
A qualified sexologist tries to catch the particular cause of erectile dysfunction for the patient and keeping the same in mind he targets the cause and rectifies it with medicine. The general management for erectile dysfunction includes psychotherapy, medicines, some devices which can be used for penis particularly and some exercises which can cure the dysfunction soon.
A general misconception among the people is that erectile dysfunction is a normal phenomenon among the people who are 35 or 40 years old or more but this is not true. In the end, I would also like to tell you that Lybrate is such a platform who reaches qualified and authentic doctors to the patient. So, if you have any queries for me, you can definitely put them on the Lybrate platform and I will answer them.read more
Doctor in Al - Shifa Herbal Health Care Centre
Submit a review for Al - Shifa Herbal Health Care CentreYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
This is one of the best and well experienced sexologist doctor in gurgaon i have seen ever. The way he treats his patients is completely different from other allopathic doctors and his treatment is very much effective in comparison of allopathic. I appreciate his knowledge in this field which i never seen in my life. His treatment is little costly but doesn't matter if resul is perfect. we generally pay small amount many times to other doctors which is equal to or greater than this amout and do not get results so as per my opinion dr. imran khan is the right doctor where we can pay for such treatment.
I recommend Dr.imran Khan from heart.i t.v. gone through many famous doctors but dint relieved,because they all were unable to find out the cause of my problem. But Dr.imran Khan is such a great personality and really expert of his field,who heard me very very carefully,and really caught the cause behind my problem and treated that from roots..........
I was suffering from sexual issues since long time. And after viewing dr Imran's profile I started taking treatment from him. The doctor given me the proper time to understand my problems very carefully. And now within 2 months I am feeling that I am absolutely okay. I am thankful to dr imran and recommend him to all !
I have facing problem of pre ejaculation. It's really sound disgusting when I come to make physical relationship with my partner.
Penis when flaccid is very small and during it flaccid state it penis completely retracts inside the body sometime or when I am exercising or running or when I am feeling nervous. It retracts completely inside the body sometimes and only little skin is visible. And after sometime it comes back to its normal state. Its totally normal and fine right? Please help.
Impotence is often related to old-age and deteriorating sexual drives. However, not all cases of impotence pertain to the older crowd. Youth impotence is an increasingly common condition among males in generation X, however, it is rare but not totally absent in females as well.
In males, youth impotence refers to a young man’s incapability to attain an erection or maintain it throughout the intercourse. The main reasons for youth impotence can be attributed to over-masturbation or having sex too often. A certain study indicates that excessive masturbation at a very young age requires an excess of testosterone, thereby restricting the resting time of the nervous system. Endocrine function of the body is adversely affected as well because the production of hormones and liver enzymes is gravely reduced.
Other causes of male youth impotence are:
- Marijuana: Marijuana increases the level of the inflammatory hormone ‘prostaglandin’, E-2, that is responsible for inflammation of the brain arteries which results in interrupted blood flow to the penis.
- Methamphetamine and Ecstasy: Prolonged meth abuse can cause confined testicular function and orgasmic disorders whilst over-dosing on ecstasy is responsible for wrecking the ‘serotonin’ producing neurons present in the brain that regulate and control sexual activities.
Youth impotence is relatively a typical in females. However, it isn’t a condition which is non-existent. Females in the ripe ages of their youth experience “inhibited desire disorder” which means the woman has no or very low desire to engage in any form of sexual activity. This condition can be attributed to a variety of factors: drug abuse, unpleasant past experiences, chronic distress, insomnia, etc. Experiencing a piercing pain during intercourse can also lead to this condition. This pain is unnatural and might persist due to lack of lubrication, vaginismus (pelvic muscle spasms) or genital herpes.
The youth impotence in both males and females can be healed by a combination of the following methods:
- Psychosexual counselling
- Intake of pills which stabilise the flow of hormones in your body
- Kegel exercises which strengthen one’s pelvic muscles
- Addition of necessary nutrients to your diet
Did you know that pregnancy can alter your libido, since sex drive is influenced by biological, psychological and social factors? It's no surprise then that the numerous hormonal changes and the emotional roller-coaster that a woman experiences during pregnancy, can change her desire for sex. Of course, no two woman's sexual drive is the same and hence the matter is very individual and unique for every woman.
But some common bodily trends are observed during the various trimesters of pregnancy.
- During the first trimester of pregnancy, some women are put off by sex when the symptoms of nausea, vomiting and tiredness kick in. This can be blamed on the rise in the levels of the hormones estrogen and progesterone. A woman would rather just catch up on lost sleep and lie in bed by herself, getting all the rest she can.
- The second trimester brings relief in the symptoms felt during the first trimester. Some women experience a surge in their libido, as energy levels improve and they feel relatively more relaxed.
- The third trimester brings with it weight gain, back pain and other symptoms which can lower a woman's sexual drive again.
- Besides the typical changes that are brought on in the different trimesters, quite a few women report a heightened desire for sex. With all those pregnancy hormones flowing, it's understandable. During pregnancy, a woman's breasts get bigger and more sensitive. The vulva also becomes engorged from extra blood flow and even more sensitive, which could lead to more enjoyable pregnancy sex.
- Another fact is that, with no longer having to worry about contraception during this time, both partners welcome the fact that they can have sex anytime they want or without worrying about the obligations of ovulation.
So basically, a woman can easily embrace her sexual desire during this special time of pregnancy. As long as a doctor doesn't suggest otherwise, it is perfectly safe for a woman to revel in her new found desire and have sex with her partner until the baby arrives.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!