Insomnia is a very common condition of our modern life. In this condition where people have trouble in sleeping, may have difficulty falling asleep, or staying asleep as long as desired. Insomniac people may face daytime sleepiness, low energy, irritability, and a depressed mood. Insomnia can be short term, lasting for days or weeks, or long-term, lasting more than a month. It may occur unaccompanied or as a result of another problem. Conditions like menopause, heartburn, restless leg syndrome, alcohol, nicotine, hyperthyroidism, stress, working over the night, prolonged exposure to electronic devices like laptop/mobile screens can cause insomnia.
The primary treatment of insomnia is determining the cause of insomnia. The treatments are below:
1. Improving Sleep Hygiene: This is a behavioral condition which relates to the promotion of good sleep. It includes not sleeping too much or too little, daily exercise, not forcing sleep, maintaining a regular sleep schedule, avoiding caffeine at night, smoking, avoiding going to bed hungry, and ensuring a comfortable sleeping environment.
2. Using relaxation techniques such as meditation and muscle relaxation exercises.
3. Cognitive therapy: one-on-one counseling or group therapy
4. Stimulus control therapy: avoid watching TV/ reading/ eating/ worrying at bedtime, set a particular time for getting up in the morning and going to sleep at night every day avoiding naps in between.
5. Sleep restriction: less time spent in bed and partially deprives the body of rest, this increases tiredness ready for the next night.
6. Medical treatments for insomnia include: Prescription sleeping pills, antidepressants, Antihistamines, Melatonin, Ramelteon and also some herbs like lavender, cannabis, and hops will also help in insomnia.
Call doctors and view Insomnia Treatment treatment cost in Aiwan Shahi, Badepur, CIB Colony, Gunj Colony, Khaja Colony, Off Jewargi Road and in any other locality in Gulbarga. On Lybrate you can connect with top doctors, book appointment online, see reviews, consultation fees for Insomnia Treatment.