A sexual problem, or sexual dysfunction, refers to a problem during any phase of the sexual response cycle that prevents the man or couple from experiencing satisfaction from the activity. Most cases of sexual dysfunction are treatable, so it is important to share your concerns with your partner and doctor.read more
Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Ghaziabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vivek Rathore
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Hair Fall
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Body Weakness
Increasing Height Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Small Penis Size
Treatment of Greying Hair
Submit a review for Dr. Vivek RathoreYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Vivek Rathore to be knowledgeable and very helpful. Thank you very much
Sleeping disorders have become a prominent problem these days. A combination of diet and lifestyle practices is responsible for it. A good night's sleep is necessary for the body in order to nourish the mind and the overall health. Ayurveda identifies sleep problems as a resultant cause of pitta and vata. Loss of sound sleep can cause lethargy, tiredness, and depression. Here is a list of Ayurvedic tips that can effectively tackle the sleep problem and help a person sleep like a baby at night:
- Meditation: Meditation is a very effective way of dealing with anxiety and stress. It relaxes the body and calms the mind. In order to do this, a person is required to sit firmly rooted in a quite ambiance and focus on the crown of the head. The focus should be on the rhythm of exhalation and inhalation. While maintaining the breath, the inhalation and exhalation should be continued till 15 minutes. If the mind wanders, slowly counting 1 to 100 and counting back to 0 can help to focus. It should be ensured that a person is concentrating on the breath and refraining from sleeping. Meditating regularly can dramatically help to get proper sleep during the night.
- Yoga: Yoga is an age old practice that effectively helps a person in relaxing his/her mind and does away with all the stress. Some of the effective yoga poses that assist in sleeping better include savasana and corpse. They help to relax the nervous system, cut down emotional stress and help to reduce fatigue. Each pose should be practiced for 5-10 seconds in a set of 4. Yoga has notably helped millions of people in sleeping well at night.
- Pranayama: Pranayama is part of yoga which focuses on breathing techniques. As per yoga techniques, there are three stages of breathing. The first part involves the diaphragm moving backward into the abdomen that helps the lungs to draw oxygen for its lower portion. The next is the turn of the intercostal muscle to expand in order to get oxygen for the middle portion of the lungs. The upper portion of the lungs gets oxygen, at last, causing the clavicles to rise a little. A slow inhale and exhale for a stretch of 15 minutes is what pranayama is all about. It is known to be mighty effective for relaxing the nervous system and getting a good sleep at night.
- Herbs: Certain herbs such as passionflower, skullcap and chamomile are known to be extremely effective to soothe the nerves and assist in sound sleep. They can be consumed by making a paste on a daily basis. Even oil massage with Brahmi oil is very helpful for a sound sleep at night.
Turmeric is widely used in cooking spicy dishes all over the world. But there are several pieces of research, which prove the efficacy of turmeric or haldi in warding off ailments like dementia and reduce the risk of cancer to a great extent. Turmeric has the highest usage in countries like India and Sri Lanka followed by other parts of the planet.
As per the results of the World Alzheimer’s Report, it is found that only about 3.6 percent of South Asians aged above 60 suffer from dementia which is quite lower than 6.4 percent of people in Australia as well as 7.2 percent of people in Western Europe. In similar lines, the World Health Organisation says that the rate of cancer patients is lower in India in stark comparison to the higher rates of more developed countries. If an individual is looking for the benefits of turmeric, he would come across several reasons to add more turmeric to foods on a daily basis.
- Reduces the risk of cardiac problems: Curcumin present in turmeric can have a positive effect on people suffering from high cholesterol. Animal studies opine that it can considerably lower down cholesterol levels as well as prevent building up off LDL or bad cholesterol. Thus, it is a viable means of preventing plaque build-up which in turn may block the arteries and lead to strokes and cardiac arrests.
- Fights inflammatory diseases: The anti-inflammatory qualities of turmeric can work as a potential anti-inflammatory medication without causing any unwanted side effects. It is also helpful in treating minor nicks and cuts and it can be administered with warm milk to heal any kind of inflammatory disease inside the body. There has been a study which showed turmeric to be useful in treating pain and disability stemming from osteoarthritis. Turmeric is also found helpful in combatting seasonal flu and viral infections.
- Helps in digestion and supports weight loss: Turmeric stimulates the gall bladder which in turn produces bile. As bile helps in digestion of fat, health experts are of opinion that turmeric improves overall digestion and may also aid in controlling weight. It is useful in treating bloating and excessive gas formation caused by improper digestion.
- Helps in maintaining blood sugar levels: Turmeric plays a crucial role in improving glucose control as well as controlling activities of insulin. It has the potential to bring about a drop in blood sugar levels. So, an individual with high blood sugar should add optimum amounts of turmeric in diet along with diabetes medication to help in reducing the blood sugar levels. But it is important to monitor the sugar levels continually to avoid conditions like hypoglycemia which is characterised by sugar levels dropping lower than required.
In addition to all these, there is a clear indication that turmeric helps in cancer prevention, reducing breast cancer, skin, and pancreatic problems along with multiple myelomas and juvenile leukemia.
The watermelon seeds are full of health benefits. From snacks to soups, the utility of the seeds is limitless. In addition, the melon seeds are an excellent source of proteins (essential amino acids), vitamins (folate, thiamine and niacin, vitamin B6 and pantothenic acid), minerals (magnesium, copper, zinc, iron, potassium, phosphorous, and manganese) fatty acids. The advantages of melon seeds are immense and deserve a mention:
- Watermelon seeds for a younger looking skin: Watermelon seeds are a rich source of unsaturated fatty acids (linoleic acid and oleic acid). These unsaturated fatty acids help to maintain the natural glow of the skin. In addition, the antioxidants present in the seeds slow down the skin aging. Thus, the skin appears younger, softer and healthier. It also takes care of many dermatological problems (skin infections, rashes, and to some extent even skin cancer).
- Watermelon seeds to combat diabetes: It is a proven fact that watermelon seeds help to keep diabetes at bay. Add some watermelon seeds (~ a handful) in one-liter water. Bring the mixture to a boil (~40-45 minutes). For better results, drink this liquid regularly.
- A boost to male fertility: Lycopene, a strong antioxidant, plays a significant role in enhancing the male fertility.
- Watermelon seeds for a sharp memory: People with a short memory or memory problems benefit immensely from watermelon seeds.
- Regulates blood pressure: Arginine present in watermelon seeds plays a significant role in regulating the blood pressure. It also plays a pivotal role in the prevention of coronary heart diseases.
- Get rid of dandruff: People with itchy scalp and dandruff can use watermelon seed oil for some relief.
- Rich source of proteins and amino acids: Watermelon seeds are a rich source of proteins and amino acids. Thus, it plays a significant role in strengthening the hair. The essential fatty acids go a long way to prevent extensive hair damage. Watermelon seeds are loaded with multivitamin B, ensuring a healthy immune and nervous system.
- Full of omega 6 fatty acids: The watermelon seeds are full of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) and omega 6 fatty acids. These fatty acids act as a shield, keeping the bad cholesterol or low-density lipoprotein (LDL) level within limits. The lower level of LDL implies a lesser probability of cardiac and other heart ailments.
- Watermelon seeds: Drinking tea made of watermelon seeds is instrumental in maintaining a healthy heart. The magnesium present in the seeds aid in the stabilization of the metabolic processes, important for the proper functioning of the heart. The watermelon seed oil, known as the Kalahari oil, has excellent moisturizing properties and is often used as a skin moisturizer.
- Treat edema: In many cases, watermelon seeds are used to treat edema. A teaspoon of the melon seeds (dried and grounded) is mixed with a teaspoon of honey. The mixture is then added in a cup of water (lukewarm to warm, ~3/4th). The concoction is mixed well and consumed twice daily.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Spondylosis is a disease of the bone which involves wear and tear of the discs. The latter is the cushion between the joints of the neck and the neck bone. While it is mostly observed in aged people, it is not too uncommon among the youth as well. It can present with symptoms such as numbness, neck pain, headache, stiffness near the shoulder area etc. Ayurvedic treatment has been extremely promising in treating both cervical and lumbar spondylosis.
- The food connection: Ayurveda states that there is a close connection between Spondylosis and food. In Ayurvedic terms, an increase of Vata Dosha can lead to the problem of Spondylosis. For instance, consumption of frozen or processed food, sodas, junk food, low consumption of water, excess consumption of curried food heighten the chances of Spondylosis.
- Habits matter: As per the books of the Ayurveda, a reckless lifestyle increases the chances of Spondylosis. Habits such as day sleep, regular walking for a long distance, urging the suppression, rigorous exercise daily, work that involves bearing of weight on the neck, head and shoulder, night awakening etc. can wreak havoc and result in Spondylosis. On the other hand, healthy lifestyle changes can help a person refrain from this condition.
- Psychological Factors: Ayurveda states that even psychological factors can go a long way in making a person suffer from Spondylosis. Certain factors such as excess stress, loss of interest in day to day work, fear of failure, feeling of frustration, too much anger, grief resulting from personal loss etc. play a major role in Spondylosis.
Visible Symptoms of Spondylosis:
Some ayurvedic treatments to deal with Spondylosis
- Mild Purgation- When milk, castor oil and Aragwadha phala majja are mixed together and applied to the neck area, the pain can be curtailed and gradual improvement is seen in a Spondylosis patient.
- Greeva Basti- A compound created with Bala Ashwagandhadi oil, Medicated oil and black gram paste is applied on the affected area. Regular application of this can regenerate the muscle bone and reverse Spondylosis to a considerable extent.
Ayurvedic Herbs For Spondylosis
Some ayurvedic herbs are known to be extremely beneficial for treating Spondylosis. When these are consumed or applied on the affected area, they can fetch surprising result for a Spondylosis patient. Some of these herbs include Prishniparni (Uraria picta), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Guggulu (Commiphora mukul), Shunthi (Ginger), Bala (Sida cardifolia), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Gambhari (Gmelina arborea), Shallaki (Boswelia serrata), Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata), Castor root (Ricinus communis) etc.
A sexual problem, or sexual dysfunction, refers to a problem during any phase of the sexual response cycle that prevents the man or couple from experiencing satisfaction from the activity. Most cases of sexual dysfunction are treatable, so it is important to share your concerns with your partner and doctor.
It is almost winter now. Winter is called the season of cold, flu and infections. Changes of every season require the change in the diet and lifestyle. Ayurveda prescribes a distinctive lifestyle and recommendations to beat the cold. Using only natural ingredients, it offers an excellent treatment option for cold.
In Ayurveda, common cold is called pratishyaya. In this condition, all the three doshas of your body are responsible. Cold occurring due to vata dosha is indicated by symptoms such as mucus discharge, a runny nose, and dry cough. In case of cold because of pitta dosha, a sore throat, blocked nose, and fever are indicated. People who get cold on account of kapha dosha experience headaches, heaviness in the head, and thick mucus discharge.
There are several Ayurvedic remedies for cold. They include the following:
Several natural herbs are used for treating cold according to Ayurvedic principles.
Cassia roots are effective for treating cold. The roots should be burned and the emitted smoke must be inhaled. As a result of this treatment, your mucous discharge increases rapidly, and totally stops after some time.
Bishop’s weed is ideal for opening your clogged nasal passages. You need to tie the seeds of this plant in a cloth and directly inhale it. It helps in clearing congestion and deals with nasal blockages.
Having antiseptic properties, cumin seeds are also used for treating cold and its symptoms. It helps with curing fever and throat irritations.
You should fast a whole day after experiencing the various symptoms of cold. This fasting will help you with detoxifying your body and eliminating the toxins. You should choose a diet, which consists of steamed and boiled vegetables, vegetable soups and stews. Stay away from food items, which are difficult to digest, like oily, rich, and spicy foods, milk, and other dairy products. Consume hot food for giving relief to your cold symptoms.
The Lifestyle Recommendations:
The cold climate rips the natural moisture and oiliness from the hair and skin. So it is recommended to have a regular oil massage at least twice a week. Just heat some sesame oil and apply it all over body before taking bath. Also, winter may cause body aches. Oil massage relaxes the body and reduces pain.
Don’t take bath in hot water, rather take a bath in warm water.
Do exercises regularly (don’t strain yourself) during cold climate. In fact, winter is the best season to get back in shape. Even if you do some simple exercise for a few minutes, you can sweat out a lot and it keeps your body warm.
You may opt for Bring Asava. This is a prescribed Ayurvedic medicine for cold, which should be taken regularly for a week.
A nasal drop named Anu Taila is effective in treating cold. This drop should be taken after mixing it with honey. It helps in reducing inflammation in your respiratory tract.
It is important for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner before starting Ayurvedic treatment for cold on your own. A licensed doctor will be able to prescribe you the best solutions based on your condition and symptoms.
Interstitial Cystitis is also known as painful bladder syndrome. It is characterized by the inflammation of the bladder wall. It is the chronic inflammation of the bladder. The exact cause has not been identified yet, though some believe that it might be due to the defect in the bladder lining or an autoimmune disorder. Interstitial cystitis is believed to resemble a bacterial infection, but the short term antibiotics have been found to be of no or less use.
The symptoms of interstitial cystitis are:
- Frequency of urination during the day and night
- Urgency of urinating
- Pain associated with urinating or pain in the abdomen, vaginal and urethral area
Ayurvedic Treatment for Interstitial Cystitis
- Chanderprabha Vati: This is a blend of 23 natural ingredients. This herbal remedy is useful in patients who are suffering from excess urination problem. This formulation has properties, which are helpful in the urine retention and reduce the inflammation in the pelvic areas. Dosage of this is two tablets twice a day with lukewarm water.
- Chandanadhi Vati: This consist natual ingredients like Shweta chandana (Santalum album), Maricha (Piper cubeba), Gandha biroja satva (Pinus longifolia sap), Kattha (Acacia catechu), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Rala (Vateria indica extract), Karpura (Cinnamomum camphora), Chandana taila (Sandal wood oil) and Daruharidra (Berberis aristata). The product helps to resolve interstitial cystitis by controlling urination, reduces inflammation and burning sensation. Two tablets twice a day with lukewarm water are taken.
- Punarnava Mandur: This is a pack of the herbal remedies and has quite satisfactory results in the patients. This balances the vata and pitta, the major dosha and causes of interstitial cystitis. Two tablets twice a day with lukewarm water is the ideal dosage.
- Varunadi Vati: This is a blend of natural products like Varun (Crataeva nurvala), Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris) and Shuddha guggulu (Comniphera mukul). The ingredients have the property to treat the symptoms of interstitial cystitis. This is helpful in urine retention and reducing inflammation. Dosage of this is two tablets twice a day with lukewarm water.
- Boswellia Curcumin: This is prepared by the extracts of Shallaki (Boswellia serrata) and Curcumin (Curcuma longa). This herbal product has anti-inflammatory properties and provides relief from inflammation in the pelvic area and other symptoms associated of interstitial cystitis. The dosage of this herbal product is one capsule twice a day with plain water. Also, if had after meals then it is very effective.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have pcod with hirsutism. I have started m2tone tablets with ashokarishta and kumari aasav so am i on right path I have high testosterone level.
Are you tired of your acne problems? Does your skin itch and irritate a lot? Are you afraid to try medicines for them? Have you tried and tested all possible solutions and are close to giving up? Ayurveda is the solution to all your acne problems. With its naturally occurring solution, Ayurveda can cure you of your acne problems and leave you with clear skin in a matter of time. It reacts quickly and effectively onto your skin, removing all previous traces of acne.
Here are some ways in which Ayurveda can help you get a flawless skin.
- Tulsi paste: Tulsi has numerous medicinal properties. Apart from curing your sore throat, it can also give you a glowing skin. All you need to do is make a paste of tulsi and warm water. Apply this mask on your affected region at least four to five times a week. Within a month, you can see the changes for yourself.
- Honey and lemon paste: Make a mixture of honey and lemon juice. Apply it on the areas of your skin which are affected by pimples. Make sure you do not apply it on the areas which have sore pimples. This would result in the pimples to burn and cause discomfort to you. The paste can be applied five to six times a week and the effects can be seen within a fortnight itself.
- Neem paste: Neem paste is often used as a core ingredient in many face washes. This is because of its basic properties of soothing the skin and healing it from within. Fresh neem paste can be used once a day to wash your face. It removes all the dirt and opens blocked pores caused by pimples.
- Mint leaves: Make a paste of fresh mint leaves. Apply it on the affected part of your skin. Let it dry and then rinse it off. Mint leaves have a cooling effect, which would reduce the burning sensation. It is also very effective in removing pimple marks from your skin.
- Raw papaya: The sticky liquid which is often given out by papayas is a natural medicine for curing pimples on the face. Though the feeling is sticky and slimy, regular use of this substance can help you cure all your pimples and acne problems.
These are some of the widely used natural and Ayurvedic ways to deal with your skin problems.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Pregnancy is a life altering experience for all expecting mothers. During the gestation period, each and every cell of a woman’s body undergoes a full transformation. There needs to be perfect harmony between the various aspects of the woman and her baby’s health for the pregnancy to progress smoothly. Any imbalance, however, can lead to a range of problems that will require special care.
Ayurveda is one of the most effective kinds of therapies that help deal with problems of pregnancy. During this period, using Ayurveda to support your health could be most helpful for the development of your baby. Ayurveda will help you effectively deal with all kinds of pregnancy complications such as high blood pressure, fluid retention, spotting, etc.
Following are some of the ways in which you can use Ayurveda to deal with all the various problems of pregnancy:
- Ayurvedic herbal massages: Opting for a daily Ayurvedic massage with herbal oils can induce well-being in both mother and child. These have a very positive impact on the sensory nervous system and you feel calmn during the period of gestation.
- Dealing with morning sickness: Morning sickness is a common pregnancy problem and in Ayurveda, it is known as Garbhini Charddi. There are many Ayurvedic remedies for morning sickness which include matala rasayana (10 grams of it is to be mixed with honey and consumed twice a day), eladi vati (an Ayurvedic medication that helps relieve cough, vomiting and cold), eladi choorna (with elaichi as one of its important ingredients, this Ayurvedic concoction is used to treat indigestion, vomiting and excessive thirst), etc.
- Balancing the vata: According to Ayurvedic principles, the growth of the foetus is aided by the energies known as apana vata and prana vata which fulfil the needs of the pregnancy. It is important to maintain a good balance between these vata for dealing with all the problems that come with pregnancy. The simplest way to do this is to adhere to a healthy and wholesome Ayurvedic diet and avoid all foods that cause harm to the system.
These are just a few examples of dealing with pregnancy related problems with the help of Ayurveda. The most important aspect of Ayurveda is that is treats all the problems at the very root and provides a holistic remedy. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!