Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Ghaziabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi JainYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old. My menses started at the age of 10 and half. Earlier it was regular. But from 2 years it is irregular. I have consulted allopathy doctor. She gave me contraceptive pills. That I have taken for seven months. She diagnose pcod. But the above pills have side effect. So I switched to homeopathy. But it is not regular. How much time I have to wait. And is there any particular cause for pcod. Pls guide me.
Dear Sir, My wife is delay her period 7 days which time I check she is pregnant or not And I am not won't to be by then what I do please suggest me.
Using contraceptive methods is the easiest method for a couple to avoid pregnancy and enjoy a tension free physical relationship. People have used birth control methods for thousands of years. Today, we have many safe and effective birth control methods available to us.
All of us who need birth control want to find the method that is best for us. If you're trying to choose, learning about each method may help you make your decision. Only you can decide what is best for you. Some contraceptives, such as condoms, will also protect a person from STDs (sexually transmitted diseases).
The methods can be categorised into temporary and permanent methods:
1. Withdrawal method: This involves removing the penis from the vagina before ejaculating. Ejaculation should be away from the introitus. However, it requires extreme self-control on the part of your man.
2. Barrier methods: These methods prevent sperm from entering the uterus. Barrier methods are removable. Types of barrier methods include:
a. Condom: This is the oldest barrier method. A condom is a thin tube that the man puts over his penis. This keeps the sperm from getting to the egg. Condoms are also called rubbers.
b. Female condom: This is like a condom, but it goes in the woman's vagina.
c. Diaphragm and cervical cap: These are put in the woman's vagina to cover the cervix
d. Contraceptive sponge: This is a sponge that is filled with spermicide and is put in the woman's vagina over the cervix.
Barrier methods can be easy to use and have few side effects.
3. Hormonal methods: These can only be used by women. Hormonal methods cause changes in the woman's reproductive cycle and include birth control pills, birth control patches, emergency contraception pill, Implants and so on. Unlike barrier methods, hormonal methods do not interfere with sex.
4. Intrauterine methods: In this method an object called an intrauterine devices or IUD is put in the woman's uterus. There are two types of IUD: the copper IUD or an IUD with hormones implanted on it. The hormonal IUD has better protection against pregnancy but costs more. You need not do anything once it is inserted. Also, it is effective for up to 10 years.
Of course, the permanent methods are more effective for preventing pregnancy than the temporary methods. The decision to proceed with a permanent method should only be made if a person is absolutely sure that no more children are desired. The biggest problems after a permanent procedure is regret that it was done.
Sterilization is a permanent form of birth control that prevents a woman from getting pregnant. These procedures usually are not reversible.
a. A sterilization implant is a non-surgical method for permanently blocking the fallopian tubes. The doctor places a coil in each Fallopian tube through the vagina and uterus block each tube completely. It may take up to 3 months to completely block the tubes.
b.Tubal ligation is a surgical procedure in which a doctor cuts the fallopian tubes. This procedure blocks the path between the ovaries and the uterus. The sperm cannot reach the egg to fertilize it and the egg cannot reach the uterus.
c. Vasectomy is a surgical procedure that consists in cutting the tubes that carry sperm. This procedure blocks the path between the testes and the urethra due to which the sperm cannot leave the testes and hence cannot reach the egg. It can take as long as 3 months for the procedure to be fully effective. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
As you know the temperature is rising day by day. Can you suggest some tips to stay healthy in this summer also suggest some precautions so that I am able to handle this summer?
Here are top 6 nutrients that are a must for women of all ages.
1) Vitamin B12 - Women suffer from extreme fatigue as soon as they reach late 20s or mid-30s and vitamin B12 has proven to be extremely efficient in not only curbing the feeling of fatigue, but also in promoting swiftness and alertness in the body.
2) Vitamin D3 - Lack of vitamin D3 is detrimental for breast and ovarian cancers which plague a large number of women. This vitamin also builds immunity against certain autoimmune diseases and provides adequate strength to muscles, bones and teeth.
3) Iron - Adequate levels of iron in the body ensures that you never run out of energy and are always active. In addition, iron plays an important role in maintaining efficient functioning of the brain.
4) Vitamin B6 - Vitamin B6 mainly promotes the maintenance of a healthy and regular sleep pattern and protects against sleep-related disorders such as insomnia. It also helps in the correct regulation of your appetite while maintaining hormonal balance, thus protecting you from mood disorders.
5) Folate - Women who are expecting or have recently given birth certainly benefit a great deal from adequate consumption of folate. These women are highly vulnerable to a number of spinal and brain defects which are effectively prevented by the nutrient. It also helps to make the body highly resistant to colon and breast cancers.
6) Calcium - Calcium is like a wonder drug for all women as it solves a majority of problems which hinder their daily life. It plays an important role in maintaining a stable blood pressure and is extremely efficient in controlling certain noxious symptoms of PMS. It is important also to maintain their bone density as they age.
If you have any questions on women health, please click on 'Consult.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Namaste, I am Dr. Surjeet Kaur Baba, practicing Ayurveda physician, cosmetologist, skin anesthetic trichologist and nutritionist. Today we will talk on lifestyle disorders and how we can handle it with Ayurveda. Our lifestyle has taken a lot of toll on our health giving rise to many diseases like diabetes, hypertension, obesity and also depression. So how can we make changes in our lifestyle to handle it. It is very simple.
- We need to incorporate more walk in our daily life, eat less or eat in a smaller plate.
- We need to include diet like seasonal vegetables and fruits, have whole meals, have whole grains in your meals.
- Let's incorporate yoga and pranayama.
- Try to take maximum walk during the day.
- Take the stairs in case if you are going to your office or your home.
- Meditation plays imporatnat role in the improvement but sounds difficult. It's very difficult to meditate if you just start on your own but Ayurveda has a way to do it. It helps you through shirodhara. A stream of warm oil flows on to the center of the forehead. It's also known as a third eye. This stimulates the pituitary gland and gives you a very blissful experience. You should experience it in order to understand.
- There are few medications available to help you in your weight loss. Medicines like Garcinia, Gogol, triphala, Nishod etc also help in losing weight and also helps in removing toxins from the body.
- Last but not the least you need to grab good amount of sleep. A minimum of six to eight hours of sleep is essential for a sound health.Friends don't forget, you need not sleep during day time as it is totally contraindicated in Ayurveda. One can also relax by taking a Birmingham treatment in an ear by clinic.
Let us incorporate the Ayurveda way of lifestyle for sound health. For more information please visit www.lybrate.com. Thank you.
I'm 26 male. I'm in sexually contact with a married women (24) since 8 months without any protection who have a 2 years baby. But she is not in sexually contact with her husband since 16 months. Is their any problem to me by any disease. Plz.
My wife has 9 days due on her period. Urine test shown negative on 6th day of due. Can I wait until I get positive or consult doctor? Is there any possible if she get pregnant?
Symptoms of zika virus infection