Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Depression
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Stress
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behavior
Treatment of Trichotillomania
Submit a review for Dr. Kalpana UpmanyuYour feedback matters!
Anxiety and stress are the biggest roadblocks of sound sleep for many individuals. It is estimated that three out of ten individuals can’t sleep due to anxiety related disorders. The mind starts racing as soon one tries to sleep. The anxiousness results in increased restlessness, thereby, affecting sleep. Most adults face this problem at least once in a week. There are many individuals whose sleep is affected more than once a week due to anxiety.
A study revealed that more approximately 42 % women and 52% men find it difficult to focus on their work the very next day. In a case, anxiety affects your sleep occasionally, these simple methods would help you to do away with sleeplessness:
- Exercise: It is a very old practice and most people already know it. Daily exercise, moderate workout, brisk walking, jogging etc. can keep stress away and helps to improve sleep. Daily exercise can relax your nerves, loosen body muscles, relaxes the brain and helps to keep stress away. People with chronic insomnia have found to be exercising beneficial. In a case of an intense work-out session, it should be ensured that the body is rested at least twice in a week.
- Wind down before sleep: A bedtime routine is important for a sound sleep. Healthy practices such as taking shower, playing quiet music, reading a book etc. can help soothe your nerves and get can hellp you sleep better and quickly. These activities should be done at least half an hour before sleep. Soon it becomes a habit and helps an individual sleep without stress and anxiety.
- Meditate: Quieting the mind is an art. Yoga can greatly you help to achieve this without much hassle. If meditation looks like too taxing, sitting quietly in an isolated place for 5 odd minutes and inhaling and exhaling air will also do the trick. Yoga is a thousand-year-old stress buster mechanism. It has fetched fruitful results for many.
- Do not undertake stressful activities before bed: It becomes obvious not to get into any heated arguments, reading a stressful news, undertaking any stressful activity etc before bed. This will ensure that a person can relax before sleep and the adrenaline levels are at a normal level. It will ensure sound sleep for an individual.
- Create a to-do list: A to-do list takes care of daily works to be done. This can organize the day and help a person establish everything he needed to, throughout the course of the day. This will also help an individual refrain from any stress which in turn will help in sound sleep.
- Don’t lie awake: If it becomes difficult to sleep, it makes sense not to lie awake. Instead few things that are relaxing can be done in the interim. It will soothe the nerve and help to catch sleep sooner than later.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir I am not able to talk any unknown person. I am not able to talk face to face and I fell shy to see in others eyes.in study when teacher asked any question to me then my mind get fully blocked and my body started vibrate and whatever I want to say that correct words does not come out. I am very fearful person from darkness. I fell somebody coming behind me. Sir I have done thyroid test but it is normal. But LFT test is not normal. Sgot. 200 Sgpt. 210 Please suggest me what I have to do. Thank you sir.
Sir I have a very strong fear of injection. Whenever I thought about it I get very tensed and it is affecting my studies too. Please help.
Sir Good morning My son 6 years old suffering tongue tied problem he can take long & slowly. With out operation can problem is solved.
I am having fear, anxiety, panic attack for last 5 years. I want to get rid of it as I am fed up with this problems. As it is suffering my day to day activities.
Hi. I am a 29 year old male. Well settled in life. But I have this tendency of over thinking. Especially health issues which has resulted in me developing this Anxiety Disorder. It's a really feeling. You have everything but you still feel that emptiness. Have a very caring and understanding wife. A well paying job. But because of this disorder I am unable to live my life fully. I am currently taking Etirest 0.5 mg and Fludac 20 since past couple of weeks. The situation is getting better. But as soon as I stop the medicines the problem re-occurs. Can anyone guide me please. One more thing. I have been diagnosed a couple of weeks back with hypertension which the doc is attributing to this Anxiety Disorder.
I am a case of chronic phobia of travel. I have never travelled in last 21 year. I have to have some known person with me to travel whether is is bus, car, train. I have tried cbt, aprazolams, ssris, clonazepam, even mao i, nothing helped. Can any on tell me any latest drug or remedy?
What can I do to make my dull friend, he's not good in reading book, he doesn't assimilate and understand faster when he reads, what can I do?
Sir I am 37 years male and suffering from gynecomastia on left side since 1 year please sometime there is pain in left flank area please help I am really concerns for this due yo this I have developed health anxiety of being breast cancer . I always do self diagnosis on internet. Please Dr. help me.
Hello Dr. I get panic attack early morning and I wake up In an unorderly manner. This is actually hurting my mental peac.
I am 20. I started smoking when I was in 2nd semester. Now I am in 6th sem. I was smoking since 18. Now I finally quit smoking after 2 years. Now a days I am facing many problems like short of breathing (SOB) and Chest Tightness. It has been 25 days I quit smoking but I am facing these problems. What should I do? Is this any symptoms of any diseases?
I am Santosh kr pandit. I belongs to jharkhand. I have a problem named depression. If I am going to do some work or to talk anybody then I fear and it always happened with me. So tell me .how can remove it in my body.
My son suffers from anxiety every time he has to attend an interview, what should he do, is there any medicine to ease the tension? Pl help, thanks.
Hello doctor I am 18 year old and I suffered from stammering so much for last 15 years and I do speech therapy for 2 years but not my stammering was not cure! please suggest me what can I do!
Hi doctor if i will drink alcohol one day I don't drink means I can't able to sleep some what stress or an fear come to heart and while sleeping my brain is running automatically by hearing voice of some ones or some body shouts or calling my name. Please help me I am very depressed.
I want to improve my memory. But How to improve the memory & Brain power? I want quick learning, quick action by mind.
Head injuries occur due to a variety of injuries - road accidents, falls, sports, assaults, etc. While some injuries might be obvious, others may not have an external injury. However, given the structure and vascularity of the brain, there could be definite damage to the blood flow and brain function. There would be alteration in the person's behavior which may seem weird to others. A detailed history and examination will help unearth these symptoms and the underlying causes and thereby manage them. Any of the above injuries can result in jarring of the brain, and especially in cases of children, it is advisable to immediately consult a doctor. If it was a very minor injury, then any of the following symptoms should warrant a visit to the doctor.
- Worsening headache
- Difficulty waking up from sleep
- Irritability and confusion
- Unequal pupil size or dilated pupils
- Confused about name or place of belonging
- Unclear speech
- Numbness in the legs or arms
As with all other conditions, homeopathy believes in getting to the root of the issue and not just treating the symptoms. There have been cases reported where the patient had severe symptoms, was given homeopathic remedies with complete cure of symptoms. There are specific remedies in the acute phase and the chronic phase. In acute phase, commonly given remedies in the acute phase include Aconite, Arnica, and opium. They are aimed at stimulating recovery and should be given immediately after the injury has happened.
- Aconite: Used when the patient is restless and panicky with the fear of death.
- Opium: These may have injuries elsewhere but not on the head, may feel dazed or be in coma, could also have a bloated face.
- Arnica: If the patient is severely bruised, however is denying help and claims to feel well, then Arnica should be given
In chronic phase these remedies help in managing the long term implications of a concussion that sets in sometimes even after months.
- Natrum sulphuricum: The person here is usually depressed and irritable, suicidal in some cases, have a feeling of ringing in the ears, experience vertigo. The symptoms are worsened in wet or damp conditions.
- Natrum muriaticum: The person becomes sad or withdrawn, have a chronic headache that is worsened when out in the sun and develop a dislike for salt. Being at the seaside can make these symptoms to improve or worsen dramatically.
- Hypericum: The person will have convulsions immediately after the injury and can complain of pins and needles sensation later on.
- Helleborus: The person seems shut down since the injury has happened with indifference to pain or pleasure.
- Hyoscymus: The person becomes talkative, excited, laughs inappropriately, and in rare cases, muscle spasms or even epilepsy.