Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Proton Therapy Treatment
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Pregnant Women Counseling
Prenatal And Birth Care
Musculoskeletal Pain Management
Ovarian Ablation Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Submit a review for Shanti Gopal HospitalYour feedback matters!
For an expecting mother, nothing is more important than the safety and well-being of her unborn child. With due care, a mom-to-be can prevent complications that may arise in pregnancy by avoiding certain potential risks. Read on to find out the 5 things pregnant women must avoid at all costs in order to have a safe pregnancy.
- Abdominal x-rays: Abdominal x-rays during pregnancy are a big no. This kind of x-ray exposes the abdomen of the mother, and the baby as a consequence, to high levels of radiation, which can cause changes in the baby's rapidly growing cells. As a result, the baby's chances of suffering from birth defects or certain cancers, such as leukaemia later on in life, increase rapidly. It is best to avoid x-rays until absolutely necessary. X-rays of area other than abdomen if considered essential by your doctor can be performed after wearing an abdominal lead shield.
- Alcohol: All types of alcohol must be avoided during pregnancy. Consumption of alcohol during these 9 months has been associated with several birth defects such as poor growth, learning disabilities and mental retardation. In worst case scenarios, excessive alcohol consumption during pregnancy can lead to what is known as foetal alcohol syndrome or fas, which severely affects the mental development and physical growth of the unborn child, particularly of the face and skull. Also, you must quit smoking.
- Illicit or recreational drugs: Drugs like marijuana, cocaine and other recreational drugs are again absolutely forbidden in pregnancy. These result in birth defects in the unborn child, poor growth and even withdrawal symptoms in the newborn after birth.
- Medicines: As the metabolism of a growing baby is very different from that of an adult, it is very important to be sure of the medicines that you take while pregnant. This is especially true in the first trimester or the first 3 months of pregnancy when the foetus is most vulnerable. Certain medicines are deemed safe for the baby, while some are potentially harmful. Hence one must make sure to consult your doctor before taking any medicine when pregnant.
- Stress: Stress can trigger various health problems, which can be bad for both the baby and the mother. Studies have revealed the emotional environment of the mother is experienced by the baby as well. In fact, a particular study has shown that any kind of stress, whether it be work related or stress caused by strain in relationships, can affect the mental development of the child. This as result can lead to the child developing certain behavioural disorders such as fears and phobias, which remain way into his adulthood.
I am habituated to eat raw rice frequently. Am trying to control my habit but am not able to do so. Y? Is that any kind of deficiency or something else? How could I get out of this? Is this habit going to harm my health in any stage?
I am feeling mysterious diffuse pain and discomfort in mine left breast. Nothing positive on investigations and test. All of a sudden this diffuse pain and discomfort troubles me alot. Few say. At the age of 45 setting of breast may be the cause. Or perimenopause symptoms. But really. The pain and discomfort I feel and face. Is unbearable. At that time it seems. As if I am not even able to breath properly. What can be the reason. How to get rid of this trouble or got it treated.
Hi, My wife's last cycle start date was on 27th march 2016, cycle length of approx 35 days, tested on 3rd april, 4th april and 5th april - all positive but HPT line was a little faint. Consulted doc (gyn) on 5th april evening. He saw all the HPT kit results and said the line is a bit faint and prescribed hcg injection 5000iu every week, duphaston, vitagreat, optogest, maintane, ondem (on SOS basis). My question is since we tested on the 2nd day of missed period did we test too early explaining these faint lines? We asked about the injection and the doc said it is to prevent the pregnancy and asked us to visit next week with HPT (fmu) and if it is again faint he will do a sonography. Would also like your opinion about the medicines prescribed. Thanks.
I have done my urine pregnancy test and it was positive my last periods was on 10 March 2016. Bhcg was 32650 and I have no such symptoms of pregnancy . is i am pregnant or not ?
M trying to conceive from last 4-5 months. My follicular study was ok, hsg test is normal and blood report is also normal. Then why m not able to conceive?
After ejaculation of semen into my wife vagina, semen is coming out of vagina not entering into her vagina. What to do.
I am 3 months pregnant and suffering from thalassemia. Would it effect on my baby? My husband doesn't have thalassemia.
Me and my boyfriend had sex while I was on my period, third day to be specific, and he came inside me. To be on the safer side I took an i-pill after 48hrs of the intercourse. Now after 4-5 days I am experiencing heavy bleeding again and I am not on my periods. I have taken i-pill earlier as well but never experienced bleeding. What could b the reason? Please help.
I am 6 months pregnant woman, there is a lots of swelling on my feet. What to do you? I daily dip in warm water for some time but still have lots of swelling.
I haven't got my periods from last two months. I tested for pregnancy test at home and the result is positive. Do the pregnancy test kit gives correct answer? I am not ready for the child as I am too young and there are other issues. Please help me. I am in a great worry.
My wife has missed her date. She's pregnant 1 month 10 days we have planned to abort it n that when we got to know about this unwanted kit. Can you tell us how to use unwanted kit.
Hello, I had my periods last on 6than & this time and had sex on 20than n than between the gap of two days, I was although feeling something inside me with abdominal pain and nausea as well. But when I tested it gave an invalid result, & now on 6th feb I again had my periods although I never had my menses on same date. But I had. That was really disappointing. Now we had tried again from 7th day giving the gap of two and three days. I m having abdominal pain due to which I cnt bend myself towards floor for any routine work. Can anybody suggest what's really happening within me. Please help.
I had I pill 10 days ago. It was I think during my ovulation time. Till now I haven't got any withdrawal bleeding also I haven't experienced any side effects. Does that mean I am pregnant. Please help.
Sex in pregnancy is generally safe if the couple keeps a few things in mind.
1. Sex in the first trimester or first 3 months is usually avoided, as it is an important time of pregnancy.
2. From 4th month onwards, sex is generally safe.
3. The frequency, position etc. depends upon the patient's comfort levels. There are no fixed rules.
4. In the last month, sex is thought to increase chances of spontaneously going into labor.
5. Physical intimacy must definitely be avoided in certain situations, bleeding or pain during pregnancy, an increased risk of premature labor pains, rupture of membranes and leaking, previous bad obstetric history etc. In the case of doubt, consult with your doctor.
I am 24 year old female. I am having pain in my both breasts and it occurs every month. I feel shame to tell anyone. Its been more than 4 years. Is it a sign of Breast cancer. Kindly tell.
5 dietary precautions to take during pregnancy
1. Avoid food cooked outside home.
2. Focus on foods rich in proteins, minerals and vitamins
3. Eat everything in moderation
4. You do not have to eat for two people. 300 calorie extra and above your diet is required by most from 4th month onwards.
5. Learn about your body, thin women need more calories while obese will have to restrict their diet.