Doctor in Naturopathy Treatment & Training Center
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Siddha Marma Treatment
Yoga During Pregnancy
Tantra Yoga Treatment
Submit a review for Naturopathy Treatment & Training CenterYour feedback matters!
Sometimes, people go to any extreme to lose weight. Fad diets are the rage nowadays. These diets usually stress on consuming only one food group over the others. This leads to severe lack of important nutrients, leading to severe imbalances in your body. Acupuncture, in tandem with Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), can do wonders for your weight loss program. Together, they try to address both psychological and physiological problems. The therapy handles issues regarding digestion, emotions, appetite, metabolism and cravings.
In TCM, malfunctions in the spleen and liver cause imbalances in the body, which lead to excessive weight gain. The spleen transforms the food we eat into Qi—the key substance of life; and the liver maintains the flow of blood and Qi. If these two are affected, then imbalances occur in the body. Thus, the focus of TCM and acupuncture lies therein.
In acupuncture, the ear is considered to be the main point in the body, with respect to weight. The ear affects other points in the body. These points are called the auricular points. Some common auricular points include:
Shen men (ear-point): to calm the mind and reduce stress
Small intestine: for spleen reinforcement and promotion of digestion
Hunger point: to subdue hunger and manage overeating
Endocrine point: activates liver Qi and helps metabolic functions
With these, a right diet should be followed as well. The food and herbs chosen for treatment aid in hunger, digestion, improving Qi, augmenting removal of toxins and waste products from the body and bettering metabolism. Step up the intake of bitter, acrid and sour foods, whereas, greasy, salty and sweet foods should be avoided.
Along with the right foods, exercise is a must. Abdominal massages can provide good stimulation.
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine can help you lose weight safely, either by itself or combined with other weight loss programs.
Flat stomach is a matter of pride as it gives the impression to others that a person keeps himself fit and is cautious about what he eats. A fit body makes a person stronger and less prone to injuries. Some are born fitness freak, so they maintain their body in such a manner that others, who are not, would envy them and wish if they had the same physique. So, people who are not born with flat stomach or concerned about keeping themselves fit and healthy but they still need to have flat stomach, there are some very good exercises, which if done in a religious manner can help them yield the desired benefits.
Some of the best exercises for flat stomach are discussed in detail as follows:
- Burpee: This is a very effective exercise which requires going from a pushup position to a jump and back again to a pushup position. It puts pressure on every muscle from head to toe. 10 fast paced repititions are enough and as effective as a 30 second all out sprint. One can burn their accumulated fat in the tummy faster.
- Side Plank: This exercise is done by extending one’s legs and lying on the right side in such a way that the feet and hips rest on the floor or top of each other. Now place the right elbow under your shoulder, while contracting the core muscles, lift the hips and knees off the floor. Keep yourself in that position for few seconds and come back to normal. Repeat it for the other side.
- Mountain Climber: Consider a pushup position with the hands below your shoulders and your body forming a straight line from your head to your heals. This is the position you start off with the exercise. Now, raising the right foot off of the floor, drive the right knee towards the chest. Then tap the floor with the right foot and return back to the starting position. Do it alternately for both the legs with each repetition.
- Russian Twist: Russian Twist is another extremely useful exercise to get rid of your fat and get a flat stomach. For this, one needs to sit on a floor mat with knees bent slightly and heels kept flat on the mat. Start leaning back till you feel that the abdomen muscles are getting engaged.
- Dumbbell overhead walking lunge: In this exercise, a person needs to grab a pair of medium to light-weight dumbbells. Dumbbells should be pressed overhead so that the palms face one another. Take a step forward into a lunge position, pause and then bring the back leg forward to step both the feet together. Do it alternately for both the legs.
- Dumbbell hot-potato squat: This is done by grabbing a medium to light-weight dumbbell and holding it in the racked position with elbow bent and the end resting on your shoulder. Get into a squat position, so that the quads are parallel to the floor, then quickly get back to standing, tossing the dumbbell from one hand to another in front of the face.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 25 years old. I have dark circles. I want cream for dark circles and for glowing skin. Please suggest best cream.
My face colour and body colour didn't match, lots of black patches are on the face I want to remove for my face. Used lots of night cream but didn't affect. So please suggest which cream Will be suitable for me ,as my face skin is oily.
With age, the skin begins to deteriorate and gradually lose its function and appearance. The underlying layers of collagen, which give it the firmness and elasticity begin to gradually break down, leading to sagging of the skin, dark spots and pigments, and dull, lusterless skin.
This causes cosmetic and psychological concerns, given that most people (especially women) become extremely conscious about these and want to avoid these ageing effects of skin. Over the past few decades, skin fillers and Botox have begun to play a major role in skin rejuvenation, especially from the various ageing effects.
Let us look at these two methods and how they have worked their magic around skin care.
Botox: The neurotoxin from botulinum A was actually used for treating muscular disorders to cause paralysis and prevent repeated twitching. However, it was later realised that the same effect could be used in skin to reduce ageing effects. Used commonly in the crow’s feet area, forehead and frown lines, the injected Botox causes paralysis of the underlying muscles.
This reduces the muscular activity and so the muscles relax and soften. This produces a younger looking appearance. In addition, these paralysed muscles also give some time for the elastin and collagen to recover.
The Botox injections are usually done in the outpatient setting and require about half an hour to an hour. The areas for injection are marked and after the procedure, the patient can go back to regular schedule, including working. It might require repeat injections, about 4 to 6 months later, depending on how well the skin responds and the expectations of the patients.
Fillers: Another routinely and commonly used way to manage wrinkles are the dermal fillers. The elastin, collagen and hyaluronic acid in the skin are lost with age and these filler injections replace the lost substances in very quick time and thereby restore youthful skin quickly. Unlike Botox, the muscles are not touched. There is a loosening of the collagen and elastin, which produces loose skin and sagging. The fillers occupy the space left behind by the lost collagen and elastin and actually ‘fill’ up the extra available space. This gives a firmer, younger looking skin. The lines and creases are actually eliminated. They can also be used to produce thicker lips, lifting cheeks and plumping temples.
So, if you are worried about ageing effects of skin, talk to your dermatologist to find out if Botox or fillers can do the trick for you!! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hereditary Angioedema is a rare skin related disorder and as the name suggests it is also a genetically inherited condition. This condition mainly afflicts the throat, abdomen and the limbs of the patient, with a certain kind of swelling. This swelling can become fatal if not treated on time. Here is everything you need to know about the condition and its treatment.
Causes: A rare genetic mutation of the SERPING1 gene can cause this condition. Usually, this gene is known to produce C1 esterase inhibitor, which is a kind of blood protein. This blood protein is an important element of one’s immune system and is usually involved in the biochemical reactions that control the body’s response to inflammation causing elements. This is done when the blood protein produces a hormone known as Bradykinin. If this blood protein does not function in a normal manner, then there is excessive production of this hormone, which leads to swelling and inflammation.
Type One: There are various types of Hereditary Angioedema that can affect various parts of the body. Type one is one of the most common kinds and can be found on the face, hands, abdomen, throat, as well as feet and genitals of the patient. The severity and frequency of attacks cannot really be predicted and the patient may suffer from attacks throughout his or her life. The best way to treat this type of Hereditary Angioedema is with the help of antihistamine drugs and prednisone which can fight allergic attacks.
Type Two: This kind of Hereditary Angioedema has the same symptoms as type one and is caused by a malfunction of the C1 inhibitor, rather than the Bradykinin hormone as one can see in type one. This condition can also be treated with anti-allergy drugs.
Type Three: This is very rare kind of Hereditary Angioedema. In fact, medical science is yet to find a conclusive body of knowledge that can point to the exact causes and symptoms of this condition. Coagulation is one of the main causes recognised so far. This condition is much more common in women than it is in men, and it usually shows up as facial swelling.
Timely Treatment: While there is no cure for this condition, one can prevent a flare up of the symptoms by taking C1 inhibitors and Bradykinin receptors as well as enzyme inhibitors. It is important to get early treatment for the symptoms and to have constant access to a hospital and its emergency unit. One should also keep track of attacks and symptoms and get regular check-ups done by a doctor to detect the earliest signs of the same to avoid fatalities. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
It is quite evident that losing fat is not an easy task. If it were, people wouldn’t have spent on a million different diet plans and products. However, even the smallest weight loss tricks or changes in food habits can make a huge difference as far as dietary or weight loss plans are concerned. Given below 9 simple tricks that can be easily incorporated so that you can lose more fat.
- Modify your crockery: Fooling yourself with fancy plates and glasses as well as other tableside items can go a long way in helping you reduce your body fat. Small modifications in dinnerware is capable of tricking you into eating lesser amounts than usual. Using smaller plates makes the portions of food seem larger. Similarly, thinner and taller glasses make the beverages look bigger. Colours of the plates have a role to play too. Plates should be of such colour that it is in contrast to the foods normally consumed.
- Choice of Alcoholic Beverages: Alcohol consumption leads to an increased weight or calorie count. Hence, the choice of alcohol must be done with respect to the number of calories it adds.
- Salads and sauces: Being one of the easiest changes that can be made, having salads and sauces on the side can helping in controlling the amount of gravy or dressing consumed.
- Imagination: A mental image, which enables you to think that you are going to eat more than you should, should be developed which would aid you prevent overeating. It is believed that the imagination of overindulging hampers our motivation to eat in excess.
- Intermittent Fasting: Body fat is reduced when food is normally consumed within a smaller period of time than usual.
- Reduced Carbs: Maintaining a diet low in carbohydrates not only helps in reducing fats in the body but also forces the body to use the stored fat in the form of energy.
- Discard diet soda: Although diet sodas do not contain calories, consumption of diet soda forces you into eating more food and hence adding body weight. A healthier replacement would be drinking cold lemon water.
- Add more vegetables: Most fat loss plans end in consuming more vegetables. A simple trick like doubling the amount of vegetables in any recipe can go a long way in reducing fat.
- Water: Drinking large amounts of water is very helpful for losing fat. If you drink water before a meal, hunger and in turn, intake of fatty foods is reduced.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!