Corn Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Polishing Treatment
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Cutaneous Fillers Treatment
Small Dermatologic Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Why do feet stink?
Smelly feet can be a cause of great embarrassment and discomfort for anyone. Also known as bromodosis, the primary cause of smelly feet is the sweat glands in your feet. This part of the human body has more sweat glands than anywhere else in the body. Additionally, compared to sweat glands in the other parts of the body that secrete to control your body temperature when exposed to hot weather or while exercising, the sweat glands in your feet produce perspiration all the time.
When this happens, bacteria living on your skin break down the perspiration that oozes from your skin pores and a cheese-like smell is produced as the sweat gets broken down by the bacteria.
Apart from the explanation of the origin of this kind of smell, the causes that lead to you having smelly feet are:
- Wearing the same footwear on a daily basis and not letting them dry
- Poor hygiene habits like not washing your feet and drying them thoroughly
- Changes in the body's hormones level especially during pregnancy and puberty
- Too much stress
- Hyperhidrosis (a condition wherein you sweat excessively)
- Athlete's foot (infection of the soles of the feet and between the toes)
Include AHAs and BHAs in the form of cleansers or moisturizers to erase discolorations and imperfections.
Who wouldn't want a seamless, spot free skin without having to undergo the trouble of enduring the endless assails by ointments, creams, oils and what not. Rashes, burns, abscesses, injuries, wounds, keloids and other skin traumas make the skin unsightly and rather troublesome. While skin eruptions like acnes and pimples are related to the hormonal balances in the body and the blood circulation, there are other skin blotches, which are caused due to external factors. For the formers, blood purifying medicines or palliative creams often abate the same significantly.
However, for the latter group of scars, specific treatments need to be meted out. A large variety of treatments are available for this purpose, however it is wise to first infer the nature and the source of the scar before adopting a given curative method. One practice that one needs to be mindful of is that the scars must be allowed to heal before being treated with any remedial procedures. While a large number of products and medical procedures are available for minimizing the scars, one needs to be discrete while choosing a particular product. Some of the common tactics of reducing or removing scars have been enlisted below.
- Silicone based ointments: Silicone is laden with skin healing properties and is extremely effective as an antioxidant. Thus silicone based ointments, gels or serums can prove advantageous for mitigating scars. One must use it for a prolonged period of time while at the same time taking adequate care to protect the scar from sunrays using SPF based sunscreen.
- Laser treatments: On certain occasions, one may need more than gels or creams to cure the scars. In that regard, there are a large array of surgical procedures available for grappling with specific types of skin ailments. These are most effective on indented scars. Dermal fillers, fraxels and fat grafting are skin treatment methodologies which can effectively remove scars and rejuvenate the skin.
- Letting the wounds breathe: Since a lot of wounds have an occlusive texture, piling them up with creams, oils and capsules often block the wounds and deter their healing process. Therefore, it helps to use a gentle cleanser to clean the affected area and letting air to circulate freely.
The techniques of skin treatments to make you look beautiful and younger have developed significantly over the past few decades and the newer methods are very successful. One of these method is laser resurfacing.
What is laser resurfacing?
Laser resurfacing is the technique of eliminating dead skin cells and tissue from the top layer of your skin and thus exposing a newer and younger layer of skin. Other techniques and methods that could be used to achieve the same are far more invasive procedures, such as face lifts or plastic surgery. Laser resurfacing has known benefits compared to other methods. Let's have a look at some of them.
Benefits of Laser resurfacing:
- Laser peels are way more effective at removing wrinkles: Laser resurfacing removes the wrinkles from the skin layer by layer and thus exposes newer skin more effectively and safely as compared to a lot of the other methods. It uses high energy laser beams to eliminate other problems on the skin such as scars, lines and sun damaged areas.
- Laser resurfacing tightens collagen: The collagen within the skin which makes it tighter is automatically increased after the laser resurfacing. Thus you don't have to take separate injections to tighten your skin as this procedure automatically results in it.
- This procedure is less invasive than others: Compared to other procedures, laser resurfacing is much less invasive. For example, facelift surgeries as well as plastic surgeries to make you look younger require extensive surgery which laser resurfacing doesn't.
- Healing time is quicker: Compared to all other procedures, laser resurfacing takes much less time in healing as the procedure is minimally invasive. In case of other forms of plastic surgeries, there is a much longer period of healing.
- It can even take care of acne scars: While laser resurfacing is primarily used to look younger, it can remove old scars like the ones caused by acne or pimples. Thus, it can remove year old scars while giving you beautiful and younger skin, all at the same time.
- It also stimulates the deeper layers of skin: This procedure also helps in stimulating deeper layers of skin cells and helps the skin become younger from much further down. This helps in making sure that the laser resurfacing effects stay for longer compared to other procedures.
While this procedure also takes some healing time, once the healing period is over, you will be very pleased to see the results. However, do your research and choose the best doctors and practitioners in your area as the quality of people administering the procedure also matters a lot.
It's that time of the years again when you have to add the candles over your cake. only this time you've reached an age when you are wondering how many should you actually put there. Aging tends to catch up with us all or does it? How do some people continue to look like a million bucks, while others end up looking twice their age? There are several beauty and anti aging products in the market that promise to renew your youth and wipe of the years from your face. Before you try those, take time out to try out these tips to slow aging.
To slow down aging is not only about looking young, but also feeling young and having a longer, more enjoyable quality of life. A healthier and better you is definitely a younger you. Here's how you can get there:
- Water is the secret sauce: We've heard it a hundred times that having 8 glasses of water a day can do us good, but this is one reason that is going to get you running to that jug in your kitchen much faster. Human body is made of 60% water and it is a key ingredient to keep our organs functioning smooth. It'll improve your digestive system, keep your bowels running up and smooth, help flush out toxins from the body and improve the moisture content in your skin which in turn will keep it soft and supple. The trick is to also know when to have water. Starting your day with a couple of glasses of lukewarm water and never have it with your meals.
- Live happier: Life is a constant struggle. From unexpected changes to life altering moments, we constantly face stress, tension and sometimes depression. Those who we know living a happy life also face the same situations. The difference is how they choose to find happiness despite facing adversities. Stress speeds up the aging process. When you are stressed, it creates an imbalance of hormones causing collateral damage. To cut down stress, spend more time doing things that make you happy. Choose a hobby like painting or stress busters like yoga and exercise.
- Eat fruits & vegetables: It is important to eat the right serving of fruits and vegetables daily, as they are rich source of vitamins and minerals and protect your skin from free radicals and cellular damage. From cucumber and tomato to fruits like papaya, each provides it own set of exfoliating benefits, which firm up your skin, improve your complexion, get rid of fine lines and slows down the aging naturally.
Related Tip: "4 Really Simple Ways to Prevent Premature Skin Aging"