Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Homeo Life CenterYour feedback matters!
गेहूं का इस्तेमाल पूरे भारत सहित विश्व में भी किया जाता है. यह भारत के कई स्थानों पर उगाया भी जाता है. गेहूं से कई सारी चीजें बनाई जाती हैं, जैसे की दलिया, कुकीज, रोटी, केक आदि. गेहूं को मैदा के मुकाबले ज्यादा स्वास्थ्यवर्धक भी माना गया है. इसलिए गेहूं एक बहुत ही महत्वपूर्ण खाद्य पदार्थ है. जिसे आसानी से पचाया भी जा सकता है. गेहूं में पाए जाने वाले पोषक तत्वों में फाइबर प्रोटीन कैल्शियम आदि प्रमुख हैं. अंकुरित गेहूं हमारे शरीर के उपापचय का स्तर बढ़ाने के साथ-साथ विषैले पदार्थों को निष्प्रभावी भी करता है. गेहूं के फायदों को जानने के लिए निम्नलिखित बिंदुओं पर ध्यान दें.
1. हड्डी के इलाज में
गेहूं का इस्तेमाल हड्डी दर्द के इलाज के लिए कर सकते हैं. क्योंकि गेहूं में कैल्शियम की प्रचुरता होती है. और कैल्शियम हड्डियों को मजबूत बनाने का काम करता है. इसलिए गेहूं का सेवन हड्डी दर्द के इलाज में उपयोगी साबित होता है.
2. कब्ज दूर करने में
कब्ज की समस्या से निजात पाने के लिए अंकुरित गेहूं का सेवन बहुत ही फायदेमंद साबित होता है. गेहूं में पाया जाने वाला प्रचुर मात्रा में फाइबर हमारे पेट की विभिन्न समस्याओं से छुटकारा दिलाता है. जिसमें कब्ज भी है.
3. शुगर के उपचार में
गेहूं का उपयोग हम शुगर जैसी बीमारियों के उपचार में भी करते हैं. शुगर के मरीजों के लिए गेहूं एक अच्छा खाद्य पदार्थ माना जाता है. यदि आप नियमित रूप से गेहूं का सेवन करें तो आपको शुगर की समस्या से काफी हद तक छुटकारा मिल सकता है.
4. कैंसर के उपचार में
गेहूं हमें कैंसर जैसी गंभीर बीमारियों से भी बचा सकता है. इसका कारण है, गेहूं में पाया जाने वाला विटामिन ए और फाइबर. विटामिन ए और फाइबर हमारे शरीर से कैंसर की कोशिकाओं को बढ़ने से रोकता है.
5. खून की सफाई में
गेहूं का नियमित सेवन हमें कई तरह के फायदे पहुंचाता है. यदि आप गेहूं का नियमित सेवन करें तो हमारे शरीर में रक्त की अशुद्धियां भी दूर होती है.
6. पाचन क्रिया के लिए
गेहूं के फायदे हमें पाचन क्रिया को मजबूत बनाने में भी नजर आते हैं. गेहूं में पाया जाने वाला फाइबर हमारी पाचन क्रिया को भी मजबूत बनाने का काम करता है.
7. उच्च रक्तचाप के लिए
उच्च रक्तचाप आज आम बीमारी हो गई है. यदि आप उच्च रक्तचाप की समस्या से छुटकारा पाना चाहते हैं तो आपको मैदा का त्याग करके गेहूं का सेवन करना शुरू करना चाहिए. इससे रक्तचाप को नियंत्रित रहने रखने में मदद मिलती है.
8. सांसों की बदबू दूर करने में
कई बार मुंह से अनावश्यक बदबू आनी शुरु हो जाती है. जिससे कि कई बार शर्मिंदगी का सामना करना पड़ता है. यदि आप इससे बचना चाहते हैं तो आपको गेहूं का सेवन करना शुरू करना चाहिए.
9. वजन कम करने में
मोटापा घटाने या वजन वजन कम करने में भी गेहूं की भूमिका सकारात्मक होती है. गेहूं में पाया जाने वाला फाइबर हमें बहुत देर तक भूख नहीं लगने देता है. इसके अलावा इस में पाया जाने वाला पोषक तत्व हमारे शरीर को पोषण भी देते हैं.
10. थायराइड के उपचार में
गेहूं के उपयोग से हाइपर थायराइड और हाइपो थायराइड की बीमारियों का इलाज किया जा सकता है. इसके लिए आपको अपने दिनचर्या के भोजन में गेहूं को शामिल करना चाहिए.
11. गुर्दे की पथरी में
किडनी स्टोन जिसे गुर्दे की पथरी भी कहा जाता है, के उपचार के लिए गेहूं का नियमित सेवन फायदेमंद साबित होता है. गेहूं में पाए जाने वाले तत्वों में किडनी स्टोन को गलाने की क्षमता होती है.
12. प्रोटीन के स्रोत के रूप में
गेहूं प्रोटीन का एक प्रमुख स्रोत है. विशेष रूप से अंकुरित गेहूं. यदि आप नियमित रूप से अंकुरित गेहूं का सेवन करें तो आपके शरीर में प्रोटीन की कमी का सामना कभी नहीं करना होगा.
13. खून की कमी में
कई लोगों को खून की कमी यानी कि एनीमिया हो जाती है. लेकिन गेहूं के सेवन से इसे दूर किया जा सकता है. क्योंकि गेहूं शरीर में लाल रक्त कोशिकाओं का निर्माण में मदद पहुंचाता है.
14. पाचन क्रिया को दुरुस्त करने में
गेहूं की गिनती हल्के भोजन में की जाती है. क्योंकि इसे बहुत अच्छा आसानी से बचाया जा सकता है. इसलिए गेहूं के सेवन से पाचन क्रिया को भी आराम मिलता है.
15. हृदय विकारों से बचाने में
गेहूं के सेवन से हम हृदय से संबंधित तमाम विकारों से बच सकते हैं. यदि आप नियमित रूप से गेहूं का सेवन करते हैं. तो आपका दिल स्वस्थ और मजबूत रहेगा.
Living with diabetes can be tough, the manifestation of the condition can significantly disrupt the normal routine. If you are looking at treatment options for diabetes, then know that Ayurveda can be of help, not just in managing the condition but by effectively curing it.
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder where the body is unable to make the right usage of glucose because of insufficient production of insulin resulting in a high level of sugar in the blood. According to Ayurveda, diabetes is a disease in which a large quantity of turbid urine is frequently passed and can be cured using panchakarma therapy technique.
In Ayurveda, diabetes is known as 'Madhumeha' and is classified as a 'kapha' type of disorder. Ayurveda identifies 20 types of diabetes - 4 due to Vata, 6 results from Pitta, and 10 are caused by Kapha.
Factors that are often responsible for causing diabetes are excessive intake of foods which are difficult to digest, such as fried foods, creams, etc. Lack of exercise, mental stress and strain, excessive sleep, overeating and consequent obesity, excessive intake of sugar and refined carbohydrates, overloading of proteins and fats can also lead to diabetes. Hereditary factors also play role in causing diabetes.
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Blurred vision
- Excessive sweating
- Excessive thirst
- Excessive hunger
- Frequent urination in large quantity
Ayurvedic Remedies To Control Diabetes
There are several herbs which are found to be very effective in treating diabetes and lowering blood sugar level. The greatest advantage of these herbal diabetes medicine supplements are that they have no side effects. Given below is a list of some of the most effective diabetes treatment herbs-
- Bitter Gourd (Momordica charantia)
- Bael (Aegle marmelos)
- Gurmar Leaves (Gymnema sylvestrae)
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum)
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
- Onion (Allium cepa)
- Nayantatra (Vinca rosa)
- Neem (Azadirachtha indica)
- Garlic (Allium sativum)
- Sagar gota (Ceasalpinia crista)
The Panchakarma Therapies for Diabetes
Ayurveda attempts to identify the symptoms appropriately and then takes to prevent the disease from progressing further. The treatment procedures in Ayurveda involves the use of herbal medicines, modifications in the diet, changes in the lifestyle to a healthy one and exercise that includes yoga and pranayama. Another most crucial step is the known as the Panchakarma, a procedure to purify the body.
1. Herbal Medicines: Ayurveda uses a number of herbal medicines like madhunashini, bilva, haridra, jambhulbeej, shilajit, kutaj, shuddha guggul, tulshi andaamlaki for effectively keeping the level of sugar in the blood under control so that it does not rise further thereby preventing diabetes from worsening.
2. Panchakarma: Panchakarma is the primary purification, and the detoxification treatment carried out by Ayurveda for the cure of diabetes. The procedures used in panchakarma are, abhyanga swedan, basti, and vierchena. The diabetic patients can be highly benefitted by relaxing effects from the abhyanga therapy. It involves massage using pre-medicated herbal oils. It also helps in the reduction of stress and muscles at the same time which results in a sense of well - being. Swedan is an herbal steam bath that opens the pores for flushing out the toxins and cleansing the body through the excreted sweat by the skin.
Basti involves the cleansing of the body through the rectum by the introduction of certain medicinal oils through the anal region under the supervision of an expert. Vierchena is a specially medicated purification therapy which helps in the removal of the toxins from the body of the affected individual that are accumulated in the gallbladder and the liver.
Thus, panchakarma is extremely useful in the maintenance of the proper level of sugar in the blood and at the same time play a crucial role in the prevention of further complications of the disease.
Ayurvedic Tips for Diabetes Cure
- The bitter gourd is regarded as the best remedy for diabetes. Drinking at least one tablespoon of bitter gourd juice daily will reduce blood sugar levels in your blood and urine.
- Having bitter gourd cooked in ghee for a period of three months will bring the diabetes down by a significant amount.
- A tablespoon of Indian gooseberry juice mixed with a cup of fresh bitter-gourd juice, taken daily for two months will enable the pancreas to secrete insulin.
- Drinking a glass of water with 10 tulsi leaves, 10 neem leaves and 10 belpatras early morning on an empty stomach helps in keeping sugar levels under control.
- Mix and grind seeds of Fenugreek (100 gm), turmeric (50gm), white pepper. Take one teaspoon of this powder with a glass of milk twice daily.
- Put one cup of water into a copper vessel at night, and drink the water in the morning.
- Avoid sleeping during daytime
- Avoid smoking
- Take adequate eye care
- Do exercise regularly
- Take extra care of your foot
In Ayurveda, the body is made up of three doshas - kapha, vata, pitta and gunas - rajas, tamas and satva. The various techniques that Ayurveda recommends to improve your wellbeing are -
- Meditate regularly
- Exercise on a regular basis
- Eat the largest meal during lunch
- Limit portion sizes
- Weed out negative emotions
- Limit foods that are high in sugar
- Be careful about when and how many carbohydrates you eat
- Eat a variety of whole-grain foods and vegetables every day
- Eat less fat
- Limit your use of alcohol
- Use less salt
भगन्दर(fistula in ano.)-
1.भगन्दर परिचय (introduction)-
-सामान्यतया: रोगी के द्वारा गुदा या मल द्वार से संबधित सभी रोगों को बवासीर या पाइल्स ही समझ लिया जाता है, लेकिन ये जरूरी नहीं है कि मल द्वार से संबंधित रोग पाइल्स ही हो इसमें कई और रोग भी हो सकते हैं। जिन्हें हम पाइल्स समझते हैं।
भगन्दर में रोगी के मल द्वार के चारो ओर लगभग 4 cm दूरी पर या तो एक फोडा बनता हैं या एक फुडिया बन जाती हैं जिसमें से पानी या मवाद लगातार आता रहता हैं
Fistula means reep or pipe like. It may be defined as a chronic granulating tubular tract consisting of fibrous tissues with two openings communicating between two cavities or cavity to cutaneous surface of body. Thus anal fistula has two openings, one on perianal or perineal skin surface and other in anal canal.
भगन्दर कारण (causes)-
1. Anal infection
2. अत्यधिक समय तक बैठना
3. इसके अलावा विभिन्न रोगियो पर किये गये अनुसंधान से ये पता चला हैं कि भगन्दर होने का एक प्रमुख कारण अत्यधिक समय तक दुपहिया वाहन या गाडी चलाना या उसकी सवारी करना भी होता हैं
भगन्दर के लक्षण -
1. गुदा या मल द्वार के चारो और किसी फोडे या फुडिया का बनना और उसमें से पानी या पस आना एक या अनेक छिद्र बनना
2. कभी कभी बैठने में दर्द होना
3. मल त्याग में परेशानी होना
अब तक के क्लीनिक अनुसंधान से ये पता चला हैं कि किसी भी पैथी के मेडिसिनल चिकित्सा से इसको ठीक करना असंभव हैं आयुर्वेदिय क्षार सूत्र चिकित्सा ही इसकी विश्वसनीय चिकित्सा हैं ! आइये चुने.स्वस्थ एवं आनन्दमय जीवन. एल.एन.आयुर्वेद के संग!
If you feel that no one can help or guide you in channelising your desires, you are wrong. A relationship is subject to a lot of misunderstandings, especially when the sex life is disturbed or fading. Most people tend to keep quiet about such issues instead of seeking help. A sexologist is a therapist who specialises in sexual problems and knows how to deal with them. Here are the top reasons why you should consider visiting a sexologist:
- If you have low sex drive, you are bound to avoid physical intimacy with your partner. This might happen because of various reasons, such as hormonal changes, certain medications, stress, and fatigue. If you low sex drive has become a persistent problem in your life, you should consult a sexologist about it.
- If you experience intense sexual behaviour, urges and fantasies which involve strange objects, situations and activities, it is a genuine problem. It is likely to be associated with some psychological issue. This may lead to great distress in your social, personal and occupational life. Visiting a sexologist is very important during such situations.
- There are several physiological problems which may lower your sex drive or may disable you to perform in bed. In men, disorders such as erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation and the inability to penetrate in spite of having an erection are common. Although these can be treated with medicines, visiting a sexologist will help you know about the condition and the different treatment modes available. Such problems in women include vaginal dryness, dyspareunia vaginal trauma or vaginismus.
- When your sexual needs and desires do not match with that of your partner’s, problems and issues are likely to surface. One of you may suffer from low sex drive as well. As a couple, it is important to communicate with each other and visit a sexologist.
- If you are obsessed and preoccupied with sexual thoughts all the time and your performance and functioning are being affected, a psychological issue is indicated. This needs immediate treatment and hence, you must visit a sexologist.
- It may be possible for you to feel guilty about having sex. This may happen on the account of a bad sexual experience in the past, such as being a victim of child abuse. You can solve the problem by talking it out with a sexologist.
You should also visit a sexologist if you are unable to achieve orgasms. This is more common in women than men. Ejaculation and orgasm are associated with each other. If you cannot attain an orgasm in spite of having a sex drive, you should be concerned and seek medical opinion.
Having a baby is nothing less than a dream come true, but it comes with its own share of problems for new mothers. A lot of women today are opting for a C-section, or a Cesarean surgery to deliver their babies. While it is safe for most, at times certain complications can arise as a result of the operation.
As if life for mothers wasn’t tough already, post Cesarean wound infection is another concern some new mothers have to face. It usually occurs due to a bacterial infection in the area where the incision was made during surgery. If you have recently had a C-section, look out for signs in the first couple of weeks such as fever (100.5ºF to 103ºF), wound sensitivity and pain in the lower abdomen area. Other symptoms include swelling at the incision point or in the legs, discharge from the wound, smelly vaginal discharges or blood clots and difficulty in passing urine. If you notice any of these signs, act fast and consult your gynaecologist at the earliest, to avoid complications from the infection.
Why does it happen?
There can be various reasons that an infection happens, just like on any other part of the body where a wound is exposed. Generally, it is more prevalent among obese or overweight women or those taking any form of steroids. Other causes include, an incision closed with staples or nylon sutures, in cases of an emergency C-section, or from an infection of the amniotic sac.
Types and Treatment
C-section wound infections are of two types that is Cellulitis or wound abscess and thrush.
- Cellulitis and wound abscesses are caused by bacteria and are treated with antibiotics. If you’re in the hospital, you will be given the antibiotics intravenously, but if not, they can be taken orally as well. In case of abscesses, the pus is first drained out and smeared with antiseptic before being covered with gauze, after which the wound will heal on its own.
- Thrush is caused by a fungal infection and is normally seen in women taking steroids or in those who have a weak immune system. Anti-fungal drugs are provided to combat the issue.
How can it be prevented?
Here are some things new moms can do to prevent the C-section wound from getting infected:
- Regular follow-up visits with your obstetrician
- Practising good hygiene and healing
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids
- Avoiding any strenuous exercises that may put pressure on the abdomen area and stitches
- Resting as much as possible
Remember, even if you do develop an infection, it can be treated if addressed in time. New mothers need to take extra care of themselves, as a healthy mom, makes a happy mom!
Sinusitis is an inflammation of the paranasal sinuses. The inflammation could be caused by a virus, bacteria, or fungus. The infection may also be the result of an allergic or autoimmune reaction - when the immune system attacks healthy cells.
Causative factors for Sinusitis:
- The common cold
- Allergic rhinitis
- Small growths in the lining of the nose called nasal polyps
- A deviated septum, which is a shift in the nasal cavity
Types of Sinusitis:-
- Acute sinusitis:Usually starts with cold like symptoms such as a runny, stuffy nose and facial pain. It may start suddenly and last 2-4 weeks.
- Subacute sinus:Inflammation usually lasts 4 to 12 weeks.
- Chronic inflammation: Symptoms last 12 weeks or longer.
- Recurrent sinusitis: Happens several times a year.
Symptoms of Acute Sinusitis:
- Facial pain or pressure
- Stuffy nose
- Runny nose
- Loss of smell
- Cough or congestion
- Bad breath
- Fatigue Dental pain
Symptoms of Chronic Sinusitis:
- You may have these symptoms for 12 weeks or more
- A feeling of congestion or fullness in face
- A nasal obstruction or nasal blockage
- Pus in the nasal cavity
- Runny nose or discolored postnasal drainage.
How Homoeopathy helps to cure for Sinusitis?
Homeopathic medicines can be of great help in the treatment of Sinusitis. The natural Homeopathic mode of treatment aims at rebuilding the body’s immunity to Sinusitis. The Homeopathic treatment for sinusitis can completely cure the chronicity and recurrence of Sinusitis. Chronic Sinusitis stands the best chance of being cured by Homeopathy. The Homeopathic treatment of sinusitis is far superior as it does not resort to any strong medicines or antibiotics. The homeopathic medicine for sinusitis is mild and has the additional benefit that it does not cause any side effect at all.
Commonly indicated Homoeopathic remedies:
Belladonna: Throbbing pains in the front part of the head that come on suddenly and tend to leave suddenly only to return are characteristic of children who need this medicine.
HEPARSulphur:Rarely indicated at the beginning of a sinusitis condition. Children begin sneezing and then develop sinusitis from the least exposure to cold air. Their nasal discharge is thick and yellow. The nostrils become very sore from the acrid discharge, and their nasal passages become sensitive to cold air.
Kali bich:The distinguishing feature of children with sinusitis who need this medicine is that they have a thick, stringy nasal discharge. They have extreme pain at the root of the nose that is better by applying pressure there. The bones and scalp feel sore. Dizziness and nausea when rising from sitting and the severe pain may lead to dimmed vision.
Mercurius:These children feel as though their head was in a vise. The pains are worse in open air, from sleeping, and after eating and drinking. The pains are also aggravated by extremes of hot and cold temperature. The scalp and the nose become very sensitive to the touch. Their teeth feel long and painful, and they may salivate excessively.
Diabetes might not be the end of the road for you. While it is a chronic disorder, there are a number of steps you can take to minimize its effects. Before that you should know what diabetes is and its various types.
What is diabetes?
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder where the sugar in your blood is not metabolized by the body. This leads to a situation wherein sugar accumulates in your blood; this condition is known as high blood sugar. Now this can happen in two ways:
Type 1 Diabetes: In this type, the beta cells of the pancreas that produce insulin (hormone that metabolizes sugar) are destroyed by the immune system of the body. This leads to reduction in insulin levels, causing blood sugar to shoot up.
Type 2 Diabetes: Type 2 diabetes is a condition wherein the body cannot effectively utilize the insulin to metabolize sugar. This again leads to accumulation of sugar in the blood.
Now that you know the various types of diabetes, it is time to focus on the preventive measures. The various tips for high blood sugar level are:
Steer Clear of Sugar: Think of sugar as your enemy, as it is something that you have to stay away from. Sugar will only add to the high blood sugar content that you are already diagnosed with.
Welcome whole grains with open arms: Refined grains are a big no; that means no more of those delicious white bread sandwiches. Instead, opt for whole grains such as brown bread, brown rice and oats. Refined grains come under simple carbohydrates that cause your blood sugar levels to shoot up.
Avoid over consumption of fruits: While fruits are healthy, they do contain fructose which is again, a form of sugar. So, yes eat them but limit their consumption to one serving a day.
High time you realize nothing substitutes exercise: Regular exercise can help you burn calories and also keep your blood sugar levels low. It allows you to maintain healthy weight levels and improves your overall wellbeing.
Take no stress: Stress has been shown to increase blood sugar, so if you are feeling stressed and can’t seem to get out of with, take steps to deal with it. Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation that can help you reduce stress and improve focus.
Cubital Tunnel Syndrome is also known as Ulnar Neuropathy, a nerve compression syndrome where the Ulnar nerve, also known as the funny bone nerve, gets compressed due to heightened pressure or stretching. It can lead to numbness or a tingling sensation in little and ring fingers, sometimes pain in forearm and an overall weakness in the hand. Ulnar nerve is one of the three main nerves in the arm. It runs in a groove on the inner side of the elbow. Since it travels through a narrow space and has very little protective tissue, the nerve is quite vulnerable to compression.
The symptoms of this condition may range from mild to severe. Some of the mild symptoms include:
- Numbness in little and ring finger as the fingers fall asleep
- A tingling sensation, usually like the pinch of pins and needles in ring and little finger
- Pain in forearm
- Weakness in the hand
- Some of the severe symptoms include:
- Reduction in overall hand grip
- A claw like deformity in hand
- Wasting of muscles of the hand
Bending elbow over a long period of time like while using cell phone or during sleep can cause ulnar nerve compression. Resting the elbow for a long period over a hard surface can also cause an irritation of the nerve, leading to such symptoms. In some cases, the nerve snaps back and forth over a bony bump, resulting in an irritated nerve. People who undertake intense physical activity, especially using their arms, are more likely to develop this problem. Eg. baseball pitchers. Apart from this, people who have suffered from a dislocated elbow or have arthritis are also at risk.
Generally, doctors diagnose this condition through the symptoms. However, nerve tests are also conducted to check the level of nerve compression. Electromyography is a procedure in which electrodes are placed on the skin and muscles to measure muscle health. Determining muscle health and level of compression helps decide the mode of treatment. Generally, the symptoms of cubital tunnel syndrome are managed through a conservative treatment. However, in cases of severe compression, surgery can be considered as an option to relieve pressure, moving nerve to the front of the elbow or removing a part of the bone.
For mild cases, a towel or a protective cover for elbow is recommended. The towel should be wrapped around the elbow loosely. An elbow splint can be worn at night to protect the elbow from being bent for long time.
How can a physical therapist help?
A physiotherapist has an essential role to play in treatment of this syndrome. A therapist can help the patient to learn ways of avoiding pressure to the nerve. After surgery, with restrictions of movement, a therapist can help achieve smooth recovery and movement of the elbow. Your physical therapist will determine the activities that bring on your symptoms. The recommendations at this point will be to avoid those activities for a time. Remember, the nerve is irritated and at times swollen. If the irritation and swelling are reduced, the symptoms should resolve.
People generally are not aware of the diseases till they themselves suffer from them. Piles and anal fissures are two different ailments affecting the anal canal and lower rectum. If you are feeling pain in lower rectum or near the anus or if you are having complaints of bleeding while bowel moments, you might be suffering from piles/ haemorrhoids or analj fissure. Symptoms may be same so patients are genrerally not be able to decide whether it is pile or fissure. Only a doctor may diagnose the problems, causes and may render accurate treatments thereof.
What is piles or haemorrhoids-
Piles are referred as the swollen or inflamed veins in the lower parts of the anus or rectum. Piles may involve swollen blood vessels near the anus forming protrusion to the outside.
What is anal fissure?
- An anal fissure is a small or thin cut in the lining of the anal opening. It may cause bleeding, pain and discomfort while straining or bowel movement. It may occur while passing hard stools during bowel movements. It may affect people of any age.
- Both the conditions may lead to itching or inability to sit down comfortably. Such problem may make your life miserable and situations may become intolerable many of the times. Sometimes, unawareness may lead to the seriousness of the disease. He or she may open up before the specialist at a later stage when problems can be treated with surgery only. Often traditional methods may fail to recover the situations. Whenever you are suffering from any anorectal problems, one needs to take experts advise and get diagnosed at the real time.
Hair fall is a very common phenomenon that plagues millions of people around the globe. Most of us take vitamin supplements on a regular basis as it improves the health of our hair and skin. But if a balanced nutrition of vitamins, proteins, minerals and fats is required to enhance the result which can only be ensured by Cyclical Nutritional Program (Hair Fast) along with regular vitamin intake. Read on to find out how exactly do the various vitamins help your hair:
- Vitamin A: This vitamin controls the production of retinoic acid in your hair follicle. It is not only helpful for skin care but stimulates hair growth also. It is immensely fruitful in moisturizing your hair and keeping it healthy. Vitamin A is usually found in sweet potatoes, carrots, tuna, lettuce, mango, sweet red peppers, green leafy vegetables and spinach.
- Vitamin B: Variants of this, such as B12, aids in hair growth by managing stress. Vitamin B is found in fruits such as oranges, papayas, and beans.
- Vitamin C: This vitamin helps you absorb iron from the food you eat which is an absolute essential for hair growth. It also boosts the synthesis of collagen that is required to repair the damage and sustain the structure of your hair. Fruits such as papayas, guavas, lemons, sweet lime, orange, kiwi and vegetables such as broccoli, yellow bell peppers and leafy vegetables are replete with Vitamin C.
- Vitamin D: This vitamin rejuvenates the hair cells in order to form new hair shafts. Vitamin D is found in dairy products, mushrooms, soy milk, tofu and cheese. Vitamin D is also naturally made by your body when you expose your skin to the sun and is called the sunshine vitamin.
- Vitamin E: This aids in stimulating capillaries and enhancing blood circulation on the scalp. This additionally contributes to hair growth due to its high anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidant content. Certain foods loaded with Vitamin E are pumpkin, broccoli, aloe vera,olive oil, sunflower seeds, almonds, avocado, tofu and spinach.
- Vitamin B5: It is also known as Panthenol, is a vital ingredient that is used in medicines to regulate hair hall. Foods enriched with Vitamin B5 are sweet potatoes, sunflower seeds, avocados, cheese and mushrooms.
Other Ways to Help Hair
We have gone over the vitamins that may be important for the health of your hair. Besides various Vitamins, amino acids, minerals like iron, calcium, fatty acids and selective antioxidants play a significant role in hair regrowth and maintenance. Plus, lifestyle changes can help just as much. Try:
- Cutting back on gels, blow-drying, and brushing hair when wet
- Lowering your stress levels by exercising at least 30 minutes a day
- Drinking enough water, 6-8 glasses a day
- Being mindful of the foods and drinks you consume, the products you use, and the way you manage stress can all help improve the well-being of your hair.
Malaria is a disease that is caused by the bite of a certain mosquito or protozoan parasite. This can attack the red blood cells and is mainly found in tropical as well as subtropical areas. Until recently, there was little chance of recovering from this ailment. Yet, in today's day and age of great medical advancement, it has become possible to cure a patient suffering from this disease with the help of timely and proper diagnosis. This disease becomes even more complicated and problematic when it affects pregnant women.
The ways in which this disease can be treated during pregnancy is as follows:
- Medication therapy: If woman is found to be suffering from this disease in the second or third trimester of their pregnancy, they may be prescribed artemisinin-based therapy. This therapy can be used only if the pregnant lady is not suffering from any other kind of complications like heart conditions, diabetes and high blood pressure, during the pregnancy. This medicine is short-acting, with artemether or artesunate,which can greatly reduce the number of parasites that may have invaded the red blood cells.
- Other antimalarials: The treatment of this disease for pregnant women can also be done with the help of other antimalarials, which should typically be prescribed and administered in a clinical setting. These also include quinidine gluconate which can be used in place of the IV quinine in order to bring down the number of parasites in the body. This will lessen the attack on the red blood cells to a great degree. Lumefantrine tablets may also be used in such cases. Also, the doctor will have to first try a test dose to ensure that the patient is not allergic to any of the elements or compounds of these medicines.
- Monitoring: Pregnant women suffering from malaria will need to get their blood samples tested on a regular basis. The blood smears will usually be tested daily to check whether the body is responding adequately to the treatment. This will also ensure that the doctor knows when to change the dose or the drug involved.
- Diet and exercise: The patient will be asked to stick to the normal diet and activity levels. Yet, care must be taken to avoid any situation where fatigue might set in, as this can aggravate the condition. One must also increase the intake of water to ensure that the body is always well hydrated. This helps the body in bouncing back to normal as the toxins are continuously flushed out, and the immunity system is better equipped to fight the disease causing parasites.
The thyroid is a small gland located on the neck. When the thyroid gland functions normally, it is easy to ignore it but an underactive or overactive thyroid gland can cause a number of problems. An underactive thyroid gland is known as hypothyroidism. In this case, the gland does not produce enough thyroid hormone. This, in turn, lowers metabolism. Your diet plays a large role in influencing the functioning of the thyroid gland. Some of the foods you should avoid in cases of hypothyroidism are:
This includes vegetables such as cabbage, bok choi, kale, sprouts, and broccoli. These vegetables restrict the thyroid’s ability to absorb iodine which in turn lowers the functionality of the thyroid gland. While you do not need to completely avoid these vegetables, you should restrict their intake to less than 5 ounces each day. Cooking these vegetables can also help reduce their effect.
Soy products are rich in plant-based phytoestrogen. This hormone interferes with the body’s ability to use the thyroid hormone. It can worsen hypothyroidism and even increase the risk of hypothyroidism. However, this has not been scientifically proven and hence there are no specific dietary guidelines on how much should be eaten. To be on the safe side, consume soy products in moderation and avoid them whenever possible.
Hypothyroidism is yet another reason to avoid fatty foods. Fats interfere with the body’s ability to absorb thyroid hormone as well as thyroid hormone replacement drugs. It also lowers the production of thyroid hormone and thus aggravates hypothyroidism. Ideally, you should avoid fatty foods such as red meat, fatty fish, butter, mayonnaise etc. You should also avoid foods that are deep fried. Instead, try steaming or baking your food.
Many dieticians refer to sugar as empty calories. These calories do not have any nutrients but can slow down the body’s metabolism rate. It also leads to weight gain that furthers aggravates hypothyroidism as well as other lifestyle disorders such as diabetes. Limit your sugar consumption to 1-2 spoons a day or try and eliminate it completely. You could also try replacing sugar with honey to sweeten your tea.
An excessive amount of anything including fiber can be detrimental to the body. Too much fiber can create complications in the treatment of hypothyroidism. Thus, you should not consume more than 35 grams of fiber a day. This can take the form of whole grains, legumes, fruits, vegetables, and beans.
Weight loss is an issue that usually confuses a lot of people. What kind of diet should one follow? How much exercise and what kind should one indulge in? What are the other measures one can take? These are some of the questions that people usually have. While your dietary intake has a major bearing on your weight loss journey, the kind of diet you follow also makes a difference. There are many kinds of diets out there for weight loss, and one of them is a fruit diet. Is this ideal and effective? Let us find out.
- Nutrition in Fruit: While fruits have high nutrition value, they are also high in fibre and natural glucose. Fruits also have high water content which will leave you feeling full for a long time. Yet, once the effect wears off, you will end up feeling hungry and will find yourself consuming more food that is energy dense and calorific as well. Also, much of this food group has plenty of sugar which may need a balance of vegetables and grains to burn off the excess glucose.
- Sustained Weight Loss: The initial effects of a fruit diet may show you fabulous results. The fibre pushes the food through the digestive pipe faster, and you find yourself consuming more and more fruits for a slimmer waist. Yet, when it is not coupled with exercise, you may end up gaining all those kilos or pounds back once you stop the fruit diet because your body will not know what to do unless it gets that dose of fibre.
- Balanced Diet: While fruits offer you all kinds of nutrients, there is a need to turn to other food groups as well so that your body keeps its immunity in place and also gets nourished by all other food groups. As per dieticians, any diet that sticks to one food group only is known as a fad diet, which does not show sustainable results.
- Monotony: A sluggish metabolism is usually the end result of a digestive disorder or a single food diet. The same type of food is known to drive the metabolism to a state of relative complacency and it may end up slowing down to a point where you find it difficult to move those last 5 kgs or last few out pounds off of your waist.
While there are several kinds of diets that may suit several types of people and their varied bodies and metabolic rates, it is also a fact that a balanced diet is something that does wonders for your metabolism rate and keeps it going with the influx of different kinds of food.
In case you are focused and happy during your pregnancy, you will, in all probability, have a sound and healthy baby. It is normal to be somewhat worried about the complications that are going on in your life and in your body.
However, in case you are not resting and are on edge without stopping for even a minute, in such a case you must approach your maternity specialist or doctor for assistance. Regardless, increased amount of tension may affect your child. That is on account of the anxiety hormone cortisol that can cross the placenta and affect the building squares of your child's growth and advancement.
Here are some tips to reduce the baby stress:
- Rest and concentrate on your child: Resting is beneficial for you and your child, so do not feel regretful about it. Invest significant energy to concentrate on your baby. Listen to your body. In case you are feeling tired, go to bed early. Your body is striving to feed your developing baby and you require all the rest you can get.
- Discuss it: In case you are stressing over your infant's growth, or an individual matter, you can simply go to your birthing specialist for discussion. Try not to be scared to express how you are genuinely feeling. If you are straightforward, you will probably get the boost you require.
- Eat well: Eating healthy is useful for your brain and your body. A sound eating diet of omega-3 unsaturated fats, vitamins and minerals can lift your energy levels. The omega-3 unsaturated fats found in slick fish and fish may decrease the stress. Try to have salmon, fish, mackerel, sardines, pilchards and trout.
- Work out: Exercise can improve your health. It is usually recommended to exercise during pregnancy. In case you did not exercise before you were pregnant, now may be a decent time to begin. Make it delicate work out, however. Swimming is perfect, as it keeps you conditioned, without being too hard on your joints.
- Plan for birth: You can likewise take free online antenatal classes. In case you are having an arranged cesarean, speak with your birthing assistant or obstetrician about what will occur on the day. Drawing up a cesarean birth plan can help you feel more sure, confident and in control.
- Adapting to driving: Driving can be a noteworthy source of stress, and it tires you all the more intensely. Inquire as to whether you can keep away from peak hours, maybe beginning and completing work sooner than .usual. This should not be too difficult since your boss and your company are mostly obligated to grant you with such demands.
Be it children or adults. What you are is essentially what you make of what life throws at you and what you pick and what you leave behind. Essentially the choices that one makes determine what one becomes. It's so easy to blame others, life, destiny. But if one thinks twice it's the choices one makes.
A lot of women have uterine fibroids at some point in their life. You may have even had them and never known it. That’s because they often don’t cause any pain or symptoms.
So if you can get them and not have side effects, how do you even know if you have them? And should you be concerned?
What Are They?
Uterine fibroids, which your doctor may call leiomyomas or myomas, are muscular tumors that can grow on your uterus. They rarely turn into cancer, and if you get them it doesn’t mean you’re more likely to get uterine cancer.
Fibroids can vary a lot in size, shape, and location. They can show up in your uterus, uterine wall, or on its surface. They can also attach to your uterus by a stalk- or stem-like structure.
Some are so small that your doctor can’t even see them with the naked eye. Others grow in big masses that can affect the size and shape of the uterus.
Uterine fibroids usually appear in women of childbearing age -- generally between 30 and 40 years old, but they can show up at any age. They’re also more common in African-American women than in white women, and tend to show up earlier and grow quicker in African-Americans, as well. Doctors don’t know why that is.
What Are the Symptoms?
Some women may find out they have uterine fibroids because their doctor discovers them during a routine exam or ultrasound. You may be different, though.
If you do have symptoms, they might include:
- Heavy bleeding or painful periods
- Bleeding between periods
- Pressure, pain, or fullness in your lower stomach
- Enlarged abdomen or uterus
- Needing to pee often or trouble emptying your bladder
- Pain during sex
- Miscarriages or infertility
What Causes Them?
Experts don’t know exactly why you get fibroids. Hormones and genetics might make you more likely to get them.
Hormones. Estrogen and progesterone are the hormones that make the lining of your uterus thicken every month during your period. They also seem to affect fibroid growth. When hormone production slows down during menopause, fibroids usually shrink.
Genetics. Researchers have found genetic differences between fibroids and normal cells in the uterus.
Am I at Risk?
Besides age and race, there are a few other things that can raise your chances of developing uterine fibroids, such as family history. You’re more likely to get fibroids if your mom or sister has had them.
Many other things can contribute to your chances of getting uterine fibroids, including:
- Getting your first period at a young age
- Birth control use
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Eating too much red meat and not enough green vegetables, fruit, or dairy
Can I Prevent Them?
No, but there is some research that suggests certain lifestyle habits can reduce your chances.
One study found that high-sugar diets may be linked to a higher risk in some women. Another study found that eating fresh fruits and cruciferous vegetables like arugula, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, collard greens, and turnip greens could lower your odds. Cruciferous vegetables are rich in beta-carotene, folate, vitamins C, E, and K, and other minerals. They’re also full of fiber.
Regular exercise also can lower your chances of uterine fibroids.
PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome is an endocrine disorder in women, in which the female hormones, progesterone and estrogen, are imbalanced. This imbalance leads to the formation of cysts (benign masses) in the ovaries. PCOS tends to affect your heart functions, fertility, menstrual cycle and appearance.
PCOS is a complex condition because it is not entirely clear why some women have such high androgen levels. What is clear is that many women with PCOS also have issues relating to obesity, insulin resistance (a condition where insulin is not effective in lowering blood sugars) and diabetes.
The complexity of PCOS is compounded by the fact that some women with PCOS do not have visible cysts on their ovaries, and some women with cysts in their ovaries do necessarily have PCOS.
How Does PCOS Affect Fertility?
If you’re living with PCOS, the excessive male hormones that your body is creating can interfere with the production of the female hormones that your body needs in order to ovulate. Because your body is not ovulating, progesterone (the hormone that causes the lining of the uterus to thicken) is not being produced. This results in an absence of periods or irregular menstruation. When there is a lack of ovulation and menstruation, conception just isn’t possible.
There are certain symptoms, which can be indicative of PCOS; these symptoms tend to begin as a woman's menstrual cycle starts. In certain cases, however, PCOS may also affect a woman in her mid age. PCOS can also cause excessive hair growth in unwanted places like above the upper lip, chin, arms and chest like a male.
The symptoms are:
- Increase in the production of male hormone, leads to development of male characteristics
- The size of the breasts may reduce
- The tone and the texture of the voice may change and become similar to a man's voice
- Hair may start to fall
- You may suffer from acne and pimple breakouts on your face
- It can lead to sudden weight gain
- It may affect a woman's fertility
- It may lead to pain in the pelvis
Other symptoms: Apart from these symptoms, a woman may also experience other health complications such as high levels of bad cholesterol, high blood pressure and diabetes.
Causes: The causes of PCOS are not well known, however, the likely causes are genetics and hormonal complications. If someone in the family has PCOS, then the risk of being affected by PCOS rises significantly. The other likely cause is the overproduction of the male hormone androgen in the female body. Although androgen is a male hormone, the female body also produces it in trace amounts. However, in some cases, when it is overproduced, it might impair the ovulation process.
Diagnosis and Treatment: Once the condition is diagnosed, there are certain treatments, which are recommended for the patient. The condition in itself does not have a cure, but the symptoms can only be controlled.
There are a number of options available, depending on the main issue you are experiencing.
- Weight loss can be more difficult because of the higher levels of testosterone, but it has a very beneficial effect on balancing hormones and restoring regular periods in obese women. So exercise and a change of diet could have a significant impact.
- Insulin sensitizers, such as Metformin, reduce the impact of insulin resistance and can also assist in weight loss.
- Ovulation-inducing drugs such as Clomiphene (Serophene or Clomid) can stimulate the ovaries.
- If you do not respond to Clomiphene, injectable drugs (FSH) can be used, but these require specialist facilities and close monitoring of the response to avoid severe side effects and multiple pregnancies.
- IVF treatment may be necessary for very difficult situations.