Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in gf. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AnilmahawarYour feedback matters!
My father aged 68 years suffering from paralysis stroke since 15 year's still he can't walk without others support, his right side body portion is stiff, not able to bend, please advice me what to do.?
I am 25 years old and married lady, I am suffering from epilepsy for last 9 years I have completed my 3 years course of (tegrital cr 200 mg) I took 2.6 years and dropped, after 2 months I got fit and then take prescription from neurologist at forte hospital they again prescribe tegrital cr 300 mg twice in a day but it is impossible to take two time medicine due to I was student at college so I take only once at night. Then change Doctor and prescribed various medicine still I am taking tegrital cr 300 mg (Once in a day at night) but have fear if I stop medicine I got fit as I am working women I cannot dropped completely these medicine. But I really wants to cure completely.
My friend is suffering from brain tumor and she is now admitted in hospital for surgery. And the first stage surgery failed bcs the stitch broke and blood flowed very high. And she was to have a second time also. Will anything bad happen or. Will she could overcome it and be safe. please help.
I AM 27 YRS OLD MALE. I AM SUFFERING FROM COMPULSIVE MASTURBATION PROBLEM. DUE TO THIS I COULD NOT CONCENTRATE ON MY WORK PROPERLY. I STARTED DOING MEDITATION BUT THESE COULD NOT HELP ME, DUE TO THESE I AM ALSO SUFFERING FROM INSOMNIA. AT PARTICULAR TIME ESPECIALLY AT NIGHT IT AUTOMATICALLY TRIGGERS ME TO DO MASTURBATION. I HAVE NO CONTROL ON IT, UNWANTED SEXUAL IMAGES AND THOUGHTS POURING ON MY MIND REGULARLY. PLEASE HELP.
My colleague started feeling from few months that some is behind him and kill him or hurt him for this he stated blaming anybody that you are going to kill me. He is suffering from Parkinson also.
Hi doctor. When I was 6 months old I had polio however with the required care given I did not paralyzed me totally. But there is a weird thing my left leg is thinner and my right hand is thinner. Can you suggest me if there is any operation or any physiotherapy which I could use to strengthen these?
I suffer from severe migraine at times. How do I overcome from this health problem? Please do suggest some remedies that I can practice from home. Thanks.
One of the most debilitating conditions that anyone can experience is migraine. They can severely limit you by affecting your personal and professional life as you are in constant pain. Migraine can manifest in a type of headache with intense pain, an acute sensitivity to light, nausea and vomiting. Often described as a severe throbbing pain in the head, it may stop you from completing regular daily tasks and may delay or postpone your work.
How can migraines be treated?
The exact cause for these debilitating migraine pain hasn't been pointed out yet, but certain triggers such as stress, hormonal changes in the menstrual cycle, sun exposure, bright or flashing lights, among many others have been identified. The first line of defense for you would be to understand and identify what your triggers are. Once that is done, you can try and avoid them. If these still trigger a migraine or are about to trigger one, you can immediately take medications or steps to control it or at least lessen the pain to go through your day. Some of the options you can employ to this effect are mentioned below.
- Medications to prevent a migraine attack: The medications mentioned here are specialized treatments and can only be taken after a consultation with a doctor. If you are deemed as a candidate for preventative medication for migraines, then either one or a combination of drugs from the following may be prescribed to you.
- Valproate and Topiramate are anti-seizure medications which can be used to prevent migraines.
- Propranolol, a type of beta blocker and used for cardio vascular problems, has proven to be very effective in preventing migraines.
- Onabotulinumtoxin A or a type of Botox, has shown a lot of promise in preventing migraines and is being slowly rolled out as a proper drug as a treatment option.
- Certain antidepressants have also shown to be quite effective in reducing the symptoms of migraines as well.
- Medications to relieve pain: Some of the go to medications that help relieve your pain from migraine are mentioned below. Although some of them are OTC (over the counter) drugs, it is best advised that you consult with your doctor for medications which suit you better. The side effects of these medications can be bad and thus, it is not advised to continue them in the long run and to find other means to control pain from migraines. Some of the medications to relieve pain temporarily are:
- Triptan is a drug used to treat severe migraines
- Caffeine along with Ergotamine can also help dull the pain and deal with it.
- Ibuprofen and aspirin and Acetaminophen are common pain killers that you can use
- Codeine, which contains opioids are also used to treat this problem.
- Metoclopramide and chlorpromazine are two examples of anti-nausea medications as vomiting along with nausea may frequently accompany your migraine.
Always remember that these medications can have strong side effects if not taken properly, therefore do not just pop a pill, consult your physician first and know which one should you take and how frequently. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
I'm 23 yrs, old, past 4 months I'm doing masturbation, 2 times per day, will it affect the nervous system or brain? But, now hand are shaking. .
In the year 2011 a epilepsy seizure has occur in me and then I become unconscious. My family member took me to hospital and when I came conscious I feel very pain in my waist from back side. The pain is always coming in winter season yearly. It is difficult to me to sit and stand again.
I am suffering from severe headache from few days I am scared that it is migraine so what should I do?
I am suffering from bad snoring while sleeping. Some time very loud. I think its sleep apnea, something very normally sleeping. What should I do.
Menstrual Migraine can be termed as an extremely persistent headache that can happen just before, during or right after menstruation. Often, the feeling of nausea also keeps on lingering. The cause which triggers this type of migraine can be the fluctuating levels of oestrogen that a woman’s body experiences when she is on her periods.
What can be the possible treatment?
Application of ice pack or simply rubbing ice on your forehead can help lessen the pain a bit.
Relaxation exercises can be practiced to reduce the tension of the muscles.
Acupuncture therapy can also be done to improve the headache and it can further aid in relaxation of the muscles.
Over the counter painkillers such as ibuprofen or paracetamol can be taken for immediate relief.
Your doctor can also administer TRIPTAN (specific drugs used to treat the symptoms of migraine which work on the chemical receptors within the brain) if the pain is unbearable.
NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs) can also be administered, only if they have been prescribed by the doctor, as the harmful effects of those drugs are aplenty.
Magnesium deficiency in the body is one of the most important causes for menstrual migraines. Thus, eating foods rich in magnesium such as dark leafy greens, nuts, whole grains, avocados, bananas, etc. and taking magnesium supplements or vitamins are advisable.
- There are certain foods which can even trigger such attacks. They include foods packed with monosodium glutamate (MSG), aged cheese and caffeine. Such foods should be strictly avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.