Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in gaggag and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. PraveenYour feedback matters!
Sometimes heart pains when she handle heavy things, at the time of using stairs, if she runs etc. Once she suffered from asthma when she was 8 years old but now there is nothing like asthma. What should done in this case for the weakness of heart.
Whenever I cause or inflict pain /hurt to a person or whenever I get depressed, my left side of chest pains and a hollowness ensues. What is the solution of this?
He has a breathing problem he can not take breath in winter season this problem becomes more serious and this throat problem.
Stress is almost inevitable in our times! however do you know that it is not the external stress that triggers that ruins us, it always our reaction to these inputs that pull us down.
If you are stressed, your body works up more adrenaline. Adrenaline in fact is the foremost heart stressor. A very easy way out is to channel it out through exercising, yoga or meditation - whichever suits your lifestyle.
However, it you have excessive stress, never live with it. Find innovative ways of ridding yourself of any kind of worry or tension. Talk to a friend, a counsellor or your partner - destress before it gets to your heart.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
My on is suffering from depression. He has exam phobia. He is very near to mother. Always mother guided him. He is in last year of graduation Higher heart beats and Higher BP.
My mom is having a high blood pressure nearly 165+ since a week and also low hemoglobin level nearly 7 and heart rate is 91 please suggest some ways to bring these to normal level and please also suggest a diet plan I request you to please answer as soon as possible.
Hypertension or high blood pressure is common in pregnant women, even in those who have no previous history of high blood pressure. This leads to complications in about 6 to 10% of all pregnancies around the world. High blood pressure may develop before or after conception and as such needs special medical attention.
Hypertension prevents sufficient flow of blood to the placenta and this inhibits the normal growth of the fetus. This could result in low birth weight of the child. However, if diagnosed in time and treated properly, hypertension does not affect the child's health too much. There are various types of hypertension during pregnancies, such as:
- Gestational hypertension: This type of hypertension is developed about 20 weeks after conception. There is no abnormality in urine or any signs of other organ damage (as is common with hypertension during pregnancy) but the condition can worsen and complicate very quickly. Pregnant women below the age of 20 and above the age of 40 are often diagnosed with high levels of blood pressure. Women who have heart or kidney conditions before pregnancy and women carrying more than one child are also likely to develop gestational hypertension.
- Chronic hypertension: Chronic hypertension is high blood pressure which develops around 20 weeks before conception and does not normalize within 12 weeks after childbirth. The patient may also have been suffering from high blood pressure for a long time but the complications appear only during pregnancy because high blood pressure rarely exhibits symptoms without an associated condition.
- Chronic hypertension superimposed with Preeclampsia: Women who have hypertension before pregnancy may develop even higher blood pressure levels during pregnancy. This leads to several health disorders like frequent headaches, fatigue and depression.
- Preeclampsia: Preeclampsia is often a serious complication of gestational pregnancy and affects about 5% to 7% of all pregnancies globally. Gestational pregnancy does not always develop into preeclampsia but it needs to be diagnosed and treated in time to avoid the complication. Women who have conceived for the first time or have a history of hypertension in the family are at a greater risk of preeclampsia. The symptoms of the condition are throbbing headaches, blurred vision, nausea and vomiting, pain in the upper abdominal region and shortness of breath.
I am 62 years old male diabetic on insulin,and hypertensive on T.Atenolol 100mg in morning,T.Ramipiril 10mg BD andT.Losortan 50mg BD . Now my bp ranges from 140/88 to148/ 90 mm of mercury. Can i further reduce my bp? if so what drug should i add?
Recently, by looking at my report my local physician told me that, my good cholesterol is reducing, what does he mean by that? what are the suggested remedies for this?
I am 39 year old, my triglycerides are 121, LDL is 49 and HDL is 37, doctor has prescribed my rosuvas F5, i am suffering from joint pain, what should I do? Please advice.,
What are the symptoms of high blood pressure? What should a patient do who have a high blood pressure?
I have a pain on right side of chest when I touch the skin. This not in inside body.so, what to do.?
I am 39 years old male. I have allergic sneezing problem from last 8-9 years. Daily I am taking Levocet-M every night. If I miss it for a single night - sneezing start around 3-4 am. It drastically reduces blood pressure and its difficult for me to work next day.
Respected sir /madam, I have high triglycerides 214 & cholesterol 200, what should I take care to reduce the same and fit in future. Kindly advice on the matter.thanking you
I am 58 years old. My weight is 75 kg. My belly is 41 inches, increased in last 6 months. I am suffering from high border line ldl/total colastoral. Doctor has advised atorvasttin 10 mg once in a day. I want to take ayurvedic treatment. I am also suffering from high bp 145/100 average. Please advise me.
I am suffering pain from totally left side. In this my heart and my left hand they will be facing lots of pain please help me in that. Thank you so much regarding Shaik shoaib.
Most people associate fibre to be good for the digestive system. It helps to add roughage and therefore helps in avoiding constipation. When we dig deeper, the fibre seems to do good not just to the stomach but to the heart as well. Those who are prone to develop heart disease should make an attempt to include more fibre in their diet and reap the rich benefits it offers.
There are two classifications of fibres
Dietary are found in diet products and functional being added fibre through various food supplements. Soluble and insoluble fibre, based on their solubility in water. Most foods contain some amounts of both. The insoluble one has more digestive benefits, as it adds to the roughage. Both types have cardiac benefits.
Read on to know some of the cardiac benefits of fibres.
- Reduces cholesterol: There is good cholesterol which is essential for the body, and there is bad cholesterol causes heart disease. What fibres do is reduce the amount of bad and overall cholesterol in circulation. The fibre binds to the cholesterol and removes it from the body, which otherwise would get into circulation and lead to plaque formation and heart disease.
- Reduces blood pressure: Because the cholesterol does not circulate in the blood stream, the blood is not as viscous and therefore the vessels exert much less pressure to allow for free flow. A diet change to whole grains can show a marked difference in people with hypertension.
- Weight management: Eating fibre means more bulk and fewer calories so that a person feels full after eating smaller amounts. This is a great way to lose weight and bring preexisting heart disease under control.
- Stroke prevention: The circulating cholesterol usually gets sluggish and settles down along the walls of the blood vessels. This attracts more cholesterol, which eventually forms what is knowns as plaque. When this plaque attains a considerable size, it gets dislodged, circulates in the blood stream, and can reach any of the vital organs. When it reaches the heart or brain, it can lead to heart attack or stroke. By removing the cholesterol which leads to all these complications, fibre reduces the incidence of stroke and heart attacks.
- Management of diabetes: Blood pressure, increased weight, and heart disease all are predisposing factors and have common contributing factors as does diabetes. Controlling all these helps in prolonging the onset of diabetes and reducing its severity too.
High-fiber diet mainly reduces cholesterol which helps in multiple ways to maintain not just a healthy body but also improves the overall quality of life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.