Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Fazilka. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashwani Kumar Khera Khera
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Hair Fall
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Cold Cough
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwani Kumar Khera KheraYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I read about Dr Ashwani Kumar Khera Khera on one of the social media platform. I owe him a big thanks for making me fine again. Dr Ashwani Kumar Khera has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference. He never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. The symptoms were severe and unmanageable, as I was suffering from hair fall, but Dr Ashwani Kumar Khera was able to handle it.
I had joint pain. Dr Khera guidance has helped me immensely and has helped gain confidence. The facilities available in the Khera Hospital are very nice. No matter how critical be the situation, he is always very calm. he has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference. Overall joint pain treatment was very effective.
A friend of mine referred to Dr Ashwani. He is a very practical doctor. He has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference. Due to his treatment I am able to increase muscle. Even though the problem was not so big, but still the other doctors were not able to treat it. It was so quite pleasant in the Khera Hospital.
Even though I was fit and fine, it was shocked when I got to know that I have typhoid. Dr Ashwani's treatment suited me the best and I am happy that I chose to consult him. He never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. Thanks to him I am totally satisfied with the results.
dr Ashwani Kumar Khera Kherais a very approachable and friendly doctor. he is a good listener and gave me a treatment for Androgenetic Alopecia Treatment i am very happy and satisfied with the treatment and my problem is totally cured now.
Prem Singh Airi
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ashwani Kumar Khera Khera to be very helpful. Thank you very much sir ,for your best way response
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ashwani Kumar Khera Khera to be very helpful. Please suggest me how to rduce weight
Dr. Ashwani Kumar Khera Khera provides answers that are very helpful. promptly answered. thank u
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ashwani Kumar Khera Khera to be very helpful. Thank u
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ashwani Kumar Khera Khera to be very helpful. Thanks
Dr. Ashwani Kumar Khera Khera provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you sir
Bahadur Singh Rathore
Dr. Ashwani Kumar Khera Khera provides answers that are knowledgeable. ok
I am suffering from gas in stomach Every 15 minutes it becomes What can I do.Please help me for that.
Sir I have fatty liver disease so I am not eating rich foods but my bp is 110/60 should I worry? What can I do Should I be concern. please help me out.
Curd and buttermilk are both milk based products, have the same composition, and more or less the same nutrients, yet there remains a persistent question as to which out of the two is better?
Does adding water to the contents of the curd, to turn it into buttermilk, really affect the properties of curd?
The answer is yes.
Read on to find out, how.
The basic difference between curd and buttermilk is the process of dilution by the addition of water. The more water you put in curd, the less concentrated the buttermilk becomes. According to Ayurveda, the churning (Manthana) of the curd into buttermilk, gives it additional properties. Churning induces the proteins in the buttermilk to be easily digested due to their degraded structure.
Here are a few pointers that could help you choose which out of the two suits your needs more:
- Calorie content - If you are looking to reduce your weight and prefer a controlled diet, you should opt for buttermilk. 100 grams of buttermilk contains 40 calories, whereas 100 grams of curd contains close to 98 calories. So, for undernourished children or people looking forward to gain weight, curd should be opted because it is nutrient dense.
- Nutrient content - Buttermilk is rich in calcium, vitamin B12, zinc, iboflavin and proteins. It helps in keeping your bones healthy, lowering the level of bad cholesterol, preventing cancer, battling stress and anemia due to the presence of these nutrients. On the other hand, curd contains calcium, phosphorus, vitamins B12, B5, B2, potassium, proteins, and molybdenum. These nutrients prove to be beneficial in preventing chances of hypertension and heart diseases, promoting teeth and bone health and reducing stress and anxiety.
- Fluid content - Buttermilk has significant fluid content, so it can be consumed in extremely hot weather conditions to curb dehydration and as a replacement to other fluids. On the contrary, curd has limited fluid content, which makes it suitable for consumption by people who have been instructed to adhere to a fluid restricted diet, but require an intake of good quality proteins.
- Probiotics content - Both curd and buttermilk are rich in probiotics or good bacteria, which help in strengthening your immune system and increase longevity.
Remember make either of the two a part of your regular diet! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The field of Ayurveda treats a variety of ailments by diagnosing conditions that are not otherwise recognised by modern day medicinal systems. One of these conditions or concepts is Ama or mild toxin. Improper digestions, stress, pollution, a bad diet can all cause toxins to build in our body. This is why periodic internal cleansing is very much advised in Ayurveda. Anything which is not completely processed is known as Ama.
Now let's look at ways on how you can prevent the build-up of Ama in your body:
- Overeating and Indigestion: One of the best ways to avoid Ama build up is to keep oneself from overeating. Also, as per Ayurveda, one must not sit down for a meal before the previous meal is digested. Also, emotional eating leads to overeating and all kinds of unhealthy food including excessive sweets, fried and fatty food. Also, one must eat meals at the same time every day and avoid skipping meals in order to ensure that an irregular digestive system does not end up producing Ama in the body.
- Diet: One needs to ensure that the dietary intake is made up of healthy foods. In order to avoid Ama build up, you will also need to eliminate food that is difficult to digest including aerated drinks, food and drinks that are taken at extremely cold temperatures including ice cold water and ice cream. This usually puts out the digestive fires which keep the digestion going.
- Meditation: Practicing transcendental meditation is a good way of keeping Ama at bay. Transcendental meditation is a state of being in one's deepest sense of awareness. It is a simple meditative technique that helps you remain well balanced with just 20 minutes of practice every day. This method is known to prevent ailments in the body through its function of awareness.
- Exercise and Sleep: Some amount of exercise is required by every human body. This also helps in preventing Ama. Exercise keeps the metabolism and digestive system in peak and active form. Indulging in light to moderate exercise ensures that you sweat and flush out the unnecessary toxins of the body, even as you work up an appetite for food which ensures healthy eating. Sleep is equally important in reducing Ama as well.
Sleep, exercise, proper eating habits and a patch of meditation every day are some of the various ways that can aid the blocking and reduction of Ama.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
In Ayurveda, vata is considered to be extremely important. It regulates the movements of your body and mind. In the body, large intestine is considered to be the main site of vata as well as in the bone tissue. Therefore, medications which are administered through the rectum affect the bone tissue. Vata maintains and regulates our daily activities, nervous system as well as our excretion. An enthusiastic and a lively mind are all manifestations of a balance of Vata.
Subsequently, its imbalance is considered as detrimental to health. Basti therapy is a treatment that manages the pain and treats the diseases arising from this imbalance. In this, a liquid concoction of sesame oil and other herbs are inserted through the rectum, which in turn treats various ailments arising from the imbalance of vata, such as pain in the joints, in the spine and back as well as painful menstruations.
Before Basti therapy, Abhyangam and Sedanam are practiced. Enema can be assumed, but Basti has power to detox and nourish as well. Yoga Basti for is done for 8 days, Karma Basti for 1 day and Kala Basti for 30 days, or according to the health issues and affected system, in order to drain doshas and nourish dhatus.
There are primarily three types of Basti therapy:
- Uttar Basti
All three of them, individually treat various ailments, some of them are:
- Stiffness in the back and pain in the spine: In this method, pain in the spine and vertebral column are managed and treated. It involves pouring warm, herbal oil on the spinal cord, which is retained by small wells created from flour or gram paste. This method is particularly beneficial for treating back problems. This method nourishes the liquid in the joints that consequently relieves you of the pain.
- Bell's palsy: Bell's palsy is a disease where the muscles on the face become weak or you suffer from a facial paralysis. Basti therapy has proved to be particularly beneficial in treating it. In this, a medicated oil is placed on the head for a specific period of time which helps in treating Bell's palsy as well as any numbness on the face.
- Painful menstruation: Though menstruation is a natural process, most women suffer from extremely painful cramps during this time. Anuvasana therapy is extremely useful in lessening this pain. In this various oils and decoction enema is provided to patients, the consumption of which have resulted in significant improvements. Painful menstruation cramps are also treated by Uttar Basti where medicines are provided through the uterus. This method helps in cleaning the blockages in the uterus as well as providing nourishment to it.
Ailments that accompany monsoon: Though monsoon provides relief from the scorching summer, but at the same time it is accompanied by a host of diseases. With the onset of monsoon and the fall in temperature, there is a tendency for acidity and the vata that was accumulated in summer manifests itself in loss of appetite, indigestion and piles. Basti therapy operates as a corrective for the vata imbalance and treats various digestion related problems. At the same time it also prevents return of the ailments. The oils and decoction used rejuvenates the body and as well as help in regulating the metabolism. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Cashew nuts or kaju as we know them in India are widely loved and used in almost every course of food, from starters and snacks to the main course to dessert. Apart from being a delectable food, it also has numerous health benefits.
Few of them are:
When compared to other nuts, they have low-fat content which is in the form of oleic acid, and oleic acid is good for the heart.
- Cashews also happen to be free of cholesterol and have anti-oxidants which help in keeping your heart healthy.
- Magnesium present in the cashews helps them to prevent the rise in blood pressure.
- One major benefit of cashew nuts is that they help fight cancer. They have high copper content and also have flavonoids called proanthocyanidins which help fight cancer cells in colon cancer.
- The copper in cashews helps in maintaining the color of the hair.
- Cashews have magnesium and calcium, both of which are important for bone health.
- Eating cashews with help maintain the level of magnesium in bones and prevent calcium from penetrating nerve cells, thus ensuring healthy nerves.
- The minerals present in cashews makes it act as an antioxidant
- They help in growth, digestion, and development of the body.
- Despite being considered as fattening, cashews have good cholesterol, and eating them can also reduce your risk of gallstone formation