Doctor in Jiva Ayurveda
Acid Reflux or GERD Treatment
Allergic Rhinitis Treatment
Angina Pectoris Treatment
Ankylosing Spondylitis Treatment
Anorexia nervosa Treatment
Anxiety Disorder Treatment
Bed Wetting Treatment
Bipolar Disorder Treatment
Bronchial Asthma Treatment
Cervical Spondylosis Treatment
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Hair Loss and Premature Graying
Irritable Bowel Syndrome(IBS)
Ischaemic Heart Disease
Major Depressive Illness
Oesophageal Hiatus Hernia
Sickle Cell Anemia
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
Patient Review Highlights
He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before. The symptoms were severe and unmanageable, as I was suffering from gerd, but Jiva Ayurveda was able to handle it. Many people gave very positive feedback for this Jiva Ayurveda.they definitely are aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases. The overall atmosphere in the Jiva Ayurveda - Mumbai Chembur is very soothing.
I am so thankful that Jiva Ayurveda has given me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self. Someone from the office, referred us to go to Jiva Ayurveda. The friendliness of staff is the best in the Jiva Ayurveda in Chembur. Jiva Ayurveda has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes herreference. I feel strange that I am suffering from diabetes. Jiva Ayurveda has a very positive attitude towards all the patients.
Even though the problem was not so big, but still the other doctors were not able to treat it. The I consulted Jiva Ayurveda. I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able give me proper platelet rich plasma therapy. they gave me the therapy and after that I have been better now. All the staff members were very helpful. I am amazed that he is such a sweet doctor, even though he is so busy all the time.
I was diagnosed with ankylosing Spondylitis after the birth of my second child. Due to long sitting hours at office my pain increased day by day. Even after going to so many doctors all over India, no doctor could improve my condition. I gave myself a last chance and tried Jiva Ayurveda’s ayurvedic treatment. I am so happy that I chose this them for my treatment as now I am better. My health is better.
I was suffering from male sexual problems for such a long time. A friend of mine referred to Dr Jiva . Finally with Dr Jiva's treatment, I am completely cured from the disease. They have a good teams of ayurvedic doctors , I had a great experinece in the clinic. The waiting area in the Jiva Ayurveda is very comfortable for elderly patients. I am quite impressed with teh way they treat their patients.
I am almost my normal self post the treatment and for that Jiva Ayurveda is the reason. My case was extremely serious, but they really handled it very nicely. Everything was just spick and span in there. I was amazed that other doctors before him were not able to even diagnose my problem, but THEY did it immediately and started the kshar sutra treatment for it.
I remember, I read an article of Jiva Ayurveda in the paper and made contact. The erectile dysfunction treatment has helped me greatly and now I am perfectly fine. Jiva Ayurveda has a great staff which helped me immensly in the treatment. They have a great knowledge about ayurveda and the traetment which they provided were extremely beneficial for me.
Due to taking a lot of allopathic medicines because of my problems I developed the problem of acid reflux.I was very disturbed by the problem and pains. I chose to take an ayurvedic treatment for the same. I went to Jiva Ayurveda in Mumbai for my treatment and they gave me the best treatment possible. Thanks to the amazing doctors there.
Jiva Ayurveda is is very well designed ayurveda clinic. It has an excellent team of doctors . I visited this clicni few months back for my hairfall issue. I must say that the doctors I met were very knowledgeable and the treatment they gave was very beneficial. I am happy that I chose this clinic for my hairfall treatment.
Many people gave very positive feedback for Jiva Ayurveda. I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to their perfect advice. With great ease they explained us the problem and how the treatment will be carried out. Hygiene is very important, and I must it was extremely clean. i went there for weight managment treatment.
I was having very bad thoughts regarding my lithotripsy. It's been so long, I have lost all hope, but then I went to Jiva Ayurveda and I am hopeful again that I will be fine. I am so thankful that Jiva Ayurveda has given me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self.
Even after my treatment with my old doctor, I never felt so much relief, but Jiva Ayurveda has treated my completely. Due to my hair loss my daily activities were suffering. The clinic has a knowledgeable and experienced staff. I am happy that I chose them for my hairloss treatment.
He never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able to do my laser hair removal properly. My boss referred me this Jiva Ayurveda. The overall atmosphere in the Jiva Ayurveda - Mumbai Mira Road is very soothing.
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of spondylitis. One of my friend referred Jiva ayurveda . THey have perfect team of doctors, their advices and prescription has helped me immensly. I have noticed considerable changes in myself . I appreciate the way they treated me.
His treatment suited me the best and now I am fine. Even though it's been more than a year, still if I sometimes feel any issue and call him, and they at Jiva Ayurveda still takes my call in case of any emergency. they did my weight management counseling,
Dr Jiva ahs a broad knowledge in the field of Ayurveda. I consulted him as i was suffering from thyroid. His treatment suited me the best. Though it took time for the recovery but I am perfectly fine now. I owe him a big thanks for making me fine again.
Jiva Ayurveda is a famous clinic in Mumbai. I went there for my flu treatment. I am glad that I visited the clinic because it has all facilities a patient requires. The team of doctors is quite knowledgeable and experienced.
Very happy with treatment of arthritis by Jiva Ayurveda in mumbai and fully satisfied in first 8 days itself. Got results considering the age of patient and from effectivity point of view.
Had an consult with a doctor provide some medicine and told follow a diet plan. Working on it. They are providing a long term medication.lets see what the result.
she listened to my mother problem very patiently and answered very well. she also helped her understand the actual cause of the problem my mother is having.
Jiva Ayurveda is the best place to go for acne treatmentit is in Mumbai Chembur and has a great environment and also very healing.
Good &I REQEST THE DOCTOR TO SEND ME DIET CHART AS I LOST THAT PAPER THAN Q ESPECIALLY I AM IN DOUBT ABOUT DO'S&DONT"S
The body is in a constant state of metabolism, which produces toxins or waste substances that need to be removed. Not removing them can affect the efficiency of the whole body system and result in various diseases.
Ayurveda believes that an individual’s well-being and overall health are the results of balance maintained between the three body fluids (pitta, Vata, and Kapha). Regular detoxification helps in restoring balance and thereby preventing diseases.
Read on to know some of the most effective detox methods from Ayurveda.
- Fasting: One of the best ways to clear the body of accumulated toxins is fasting. Fasting for shorter periods at regular intervals (like a chosen day of the week every week) is preferred. The overall benefits are reduced gas, fresher breath, mental clarity, overall well-being, and detoxification. You can choose to fast with only fruits, only water, only light foods, or complete fast depending on your body.
- Panchakarma massage: There are structured massage programs using essential oils and last for 4 days. There is a simple dietary regimen to be followed which washes the digestive system thoroughly and flushes out toxins through the colon.
- Detox programs: Ayurveda has detox programs of varying periods from daily to 4 days to 45 days. The salient features of these detox programs would be the same. There is a reference to ama which is the undigested residue from food that is present in the colon. During any of the detox program, the objective is to remove the ama, which is believed to be the causative factor for all digestive diseases.
- Eat at the same time every day, with complete attention on the food
- Do not fast or skip meals
- Eat only if you are hungry, after the previous meal has completely digested
- Do not eat to your full capacity
- When at your table, give 2 minutes before eating and 2 minutes after finishing the meal
- The lunch should be the main meal, with lighter meals at breakfast and dinner
- Eat warm, fresh, light vegetarian foods like roti, daal, whole grains, and vegetables.
- Sleep well, as your body requires more sleep during this process
- Hydrate yourself with warm water and/or teas to help flush out toxins
- Develop a regular light exercise regimen, which will improve digestion and eliminate wastes
- Try massage like Abhyanga followed by a warm shower
With these simple steps, see yourself detoxed and healthy with renewed vitality and energy. These are preferred to be done at the change of season to a colder one so that the body is rid of the toxins and fresh to take on the season.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
If all the products available in the market are no longer doing anything for your skin, then you can turn to the ancient science of Ayurveda. There are many fruits, vegetables and herbs that can help you get the perfect skin that glows with inner health. But before choosing the right herbs, you might consider what is your skin type.
According to Ayurveda, skin is of three types:
- Vata: this skin type is dry, delicate and thin by nature.
- Pitta: this skin type is soft, sensitive and thicker by nature.
- Kapha: this skin type is thick, oily and has high sun tolerance.
After you understand your skin type, you can add the following herbs to your daily skin regime:
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood is one of the most important Ayurvedic remedies. It is good for pitta and kapha skin types. You can use it to treat acne, whiten skin, moisturise skin, treat blemishes and rashes, and treat itchy skin.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera is used in a lot of beauty products. It is good for kapha and pitta skin types. You can use it directly as a moisturiser or mix it with a face pack. It makes skin soft and gets rid of pigmentation.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a blood purifier and has anti-aging and antibacterial properties. It is good for all three skin types. It can be used to brighten and moisturise skin, and also used to remove skin tan.
- Saffron: Saffron has been used to whiten skin for ages. Mix it with raw milk and olive oil for best results.
- Kumkumadi oil: Kumkumadi oil is an Ayurvedic mixture of 16 ingredients. It is good for skin whitening, removing tanning and marks from the skin.
- Carrot: Carrot is very good for vata skin type. It is an effective moisturiser. It brings much relief to chapped lips, itchy and dry skin. It makes skin smooth and youthful.
- Cucumber or cucumber seeds: Cucumbers are good coolants. It is also an effective antiseptic. It has anti-aging properties.
- Quince seed: Quince seed has anti-aging properties.
- Tulsi: Tulsi is antiseptic in nature. It is a natural toner and makes skin look fresh.
- Almond oil: Almond oil makes the skin glow and look youthful.
For optimum results, an Ayurvedic skin regime must be complemented by a healthy diet.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
We live in a world where germs, pollution, dust and toxic substances co-exist. We inhale them every time as we breathe. Processed and packaged foods contain host of chemicals, trans fats, preservatives and artificial colours which increase harmful free radicals in our bodies. These free radicals are toxins and can cause a host of diseases. Our immune system is constantly working to eliminate these free radicals. Sweating is a natural way of eliminating toxins from the body. Toxins are also flushed out from our body through urine. However, a proper detoxifying diet and adequate exercise are a must to flush out these harmful elements from our bodies.
Detoxification is a process of eliminating free harmful free radicals in the body. An ideal process should be a combination of diet and exercise. The thumb rule of detoxification is to stay away from chemicals and be as natural as possible. The ayurvedic way is the best way. We have put together ten natural ways to detoxify and cleanse our body. Let’s have a look:
- Water: Drinking at least 8 to 10 glasses of water help in flushing out toxins from the body.
- Vegetable juices: Vegetable juice extracted from raw vegetables acts as a purifier for the body. Juice of tomato, beetroot, carrot, bottle gourd or cucumber is a great way to start the day.
- Sugarcane juice: Believe it or not, sugarcane juice is a natural detoxifier. Drink fresh sugarcane juice at least once a week for best results. Avoid adding salt or spice as it may interfere with detoxification process.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is an excellent cleanser for the body. Include citrus fruits like oranges, kiwis in your diet. Drinking plain lemon water also helps flush out toxins from the body. Fruits like papaya, water melon can flush out body toxins where as blue berries and strawberries are great antioxidants. Go ahead and try them!
- Green tea: Green tea is believed to be an excellent source of antioxidants. Sip green tea without sugar or additives to retain its natural properties.
- Sweat your toxins out: Adopt a form of exercise that induces sweat. Be it aerobics, brisk walk, a run or a dance on your favorite number. Sweating is a natural mechanism of the body to flush out impurities.
- Steam/sauna bath: Steam or Sauna baths can help eliminate toxins and leave you feeling fresh and light.
- Yoga: Yoga offers us valuable postures that help restore our body’s internal balance and aid in purification. Yoga must be adopted religiously and as a way of life to seek maximum benefits.
- Deep breathing: Every morning, devote 10 minutes for deep breathing. This is a great purification process for the body.
Adopt these natural ways and see the difference yourself!
No matter how well you take care of yourself, everyone catches a cold or flu at some time or the other. That’s probably the reason why it is popularly known as a ‘common’ cold. A cold on its own does not harm the body much but it leaves you feeling weakened and suppresses the immune system. Cold is a viral infection and hence is usually unresponsive to antibiotics and other medication. However, Ayurveda can help manage a cold better and speed up the recovery process.
Cough and cold can be triggered by a number of factors including a sudden drop in temperature, exposure to dust or pollen or staying in rooms with poor ventilation. Additionally, aggravating the Kapha dosha can also cause a cold or cough. When the food we eat is not digested properly, its turns into ‘ama’ that triggers cold or cough when it reaches the respiratory system. Some common ayurvedic remedies for coughs and colds are:
- Enhance your body heat: Keeping the body warm, especially the head, throat, chest and feet, is the first step to recovering from a cold. Drinking a cup of hot spiced tea or a glass of warm water mixed with 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, a few times a day, can also help. Spices like cumin, coriander and black pepper are considered heat generating spices and hence should be used liberally when preparing food.
- Vapour therapy: To recover from a cough that is accompanied by congestion, try inhaling the hot vapours of water mixed with a little eucalyptus oil. This helps dilate the bronchial tubes and unblocks the nostrils. Inhaling the vapours of water mixed with rock salt can help relieve heaviness in the head and a mild cold. Simple hot water vapours itself can even be inhaled to relieve sinusitis pain. To benefit from vapour therapy, it is essential to sit in a room without the fan on and to cover your head and the vapour source while inhaling the steam.
- Dhooma Paan: Inhaling turmeric smoke is said to have an antiseptic effect on the lungs and respiratory tract. To benefit from this therapy burn a dried root of turmeric and inhale the smoke a few times. If you do not have access to the dried root of turmeric, place a red hot piece of charcoal with a few dried leaves in a clay pot, add a heaped spoon of turmeric powder to this and blow gently till it catches fire before inhaling the smoke.
One of the most revered modes of healing, Ayurveda is entrusted with various beneficial properties that cures a wide range of ailments. Quintessential and indigenous methods of probing into the medicinal virtues of various herbs and other natural condiments, Ayurveda is attributed with remedial qualities for a number of ailments and all this without ushering any side effect whatsoever.
One of the most frequent use of Ayurveda is found in healing allergies. Ayurveda over the centuries has emerged as a trusted recourse to take while combating an allergy. One needs to dig out the best therapies that Ayurveda has to offer in order to get rid of the stubborn annoyances that most allergies posit.
Certain people are born with lesser or nil tolerance towards certain specific particles in their immediate surroundings. On account of certain genetic predisposition, some are prone to react adversely to a few allergens. In the Ayurveda vocabulary, such a condition is designed to be caused by unstable influences. These influences may be in the form of environmental elements like dust and pollens or certain specific kinds of food items.
While the most obvious solution might be to avoid the source of such allergies, in case where the interaction with the given set of allergens is unavoidable, Ayurveda offers viable solutions. Depending on whether the reaction is mild or chronic, Ayurveda prescribes specific cure Some of the mild symptoms in these cases are sneezing, coughing, conspicuous marks, rashes, watering of nose and eyes among others. For such allergies, one of the most effective Ayurvedic remedies would be a mixture of beetroot, carrot and cucumber juice. Regular intake builds immunity and resistance power and thus, reduces the effect of such allergic reactions.
Unlike the natural allergies, certain allergies develop as the individual ages. These may be seasonal or procured sensitivities and these usually manifest certain stronger reactions. Most of the time, such allergies, known as amanita in Ayurveda terms, are associated with indigestion and imbalance in the digestive juices or dysfunction of the digestive organs. To deal with such anomalies, detoxing the body is essential. The first step to cure would be to detox the body of the allergy causing toxins.
An easy and natural remedy would blending honey and lemon in lukewarm water and drinking it regularly for a prolonged period of time. This also has additional advantages for the skin and the overall organ system. Alma based drinks or tablets could also prove beneficial to abate such acquired allergies.
Along with curing anger and stress, yoga is also beneficial in treating osteoporosis, either by itself or in combination with different medicines. Osteoporosis is an illness described by weak and diminishing bones that can result in cracks and fractures in the bones. Some of the postures that can be helpful in treating osteoporosis are as follows:
- Utthita trikonasana: Uttihita trikonasana is an expanded triangle posture which is helpful in curing many diseases. Along with diminishing the side effects of osteoporosis, it additionally avoids soreness, increases strength and gets rid of spinal pain. Begin this posture by standing straight with your legs separated by four feet. Then, extend the arms to the ground with the palm facing downwards. Slide the left leg across the right side of your body. You need to slide it behind the left leg. Now extend your right leg towards the left side of your body. This will leave you in a sitting position. Where your right leg is placed on top of your left leg, make sure both your knees are on top of each other. Now straighten your body to an upright position.
- Ardha chandrasana: This asana is also called as the half-moon posture. This posture comes under hatha yoga and is beneficial for various medical issues, for example, osteoporosis, menstrual issues, exhaustion, sciatica and stomach-related cramps. You can practice this pose to get rid of osteoporosis and appreciate a sound body.
- Padangusthasana: This stance delicately stretches and strengthens persistently tight hamstrings.
- Adho mukha svanasana: It is one of yoga's most commonly practiced postures. Adho mukha svanasana offers a definitive wholesome, reviving stretch.
- Utthita hasta padangustasana: In this pose, keeping up the balance while standing on one foot strengthens your endurance capabilities.
- Utthita parsvakonasana: Discover the flexibility in your sides of the body from your heel to your fingertips with an extended side angle pose.
- Utthita trikonasana: It is a broadened triangle posture and is important as a standing posture in many styles of yoga.
- Ardha chandrasana: Make proper balance with your leg and the lower part of your leg as you look for strength and flexibility into this adjusting posture.
- Parivrtta parsvakonasana: This revolved side angle pose, a variation of utthita parsvakonasana requires a considerable measure of adaptability to bend flexibly and balance on the back heel.
- Uttanasana: Uttanasana will awaken your hamstrings and will help you to calm your brain.
- Urdhva dhanurasana: Urdhva dhanurasana can help in strengthening your arms, legs, abdomen and spine all at once.
- Virabhadrasana: Named after a wild warrior, an incarnation of Shiva, this adaptation of a warrior pose increases the stamina.
Yoga is one of the most secure measures and medicines for osteoporosis. It is something that anyone of any age can do at any place. The advantages are numerous and dangers are few if done properly.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Diabetes is highly common health issue in India. Your blood sugar levels increase beyond the normal levels and cause other related problems like swelling, frequent urination, nausea, heart ailments etc. Conventional drugs can only control the symptoms, but cannot help the person to completely get rid of diabetes. However, here are some suggestions from Ayurveda that can help you in treating your diabetes in a way that it will never return.
- Food habits: Try avoiding foods that are high on sugar and whatever you eat, do not eat it all at once. Eat in small portions spread over the day. Limit carbohydrate and fat intake in your diet; instead try to consume whole grain foods and vegetables.
- Lifestyle changes: Avoid alcohol, drugs and smoking. Sleep soundly and sufficiently. Maintain your body weight and take care of your health by getting routine checkups done for sugar and other possible ailments that may be underlying causes of your diabetes.
- Must Do's: Practice a healthy lifestyle by undertaking regular exercise and yoga. Practice medication and go out for a walk at least once in the day. Also, make it a habit to mix half a tablespoon of turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon of amla powder with half a tablespoon of methi seeds and consume it every day. Incorporating these habits in your lifestyle would definitely help you in getting rid of diabetes. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Ayurveda offers a unique and holistic approach in treating acne. It is an Indian healing system, which aims at treating pimples and acne by managing its underlying causes. Toxicity build-up and impaired digestion are targeted according to the doshas identified in an individual by an Ayurvedic practitioner.
According to Ayurveda, the whole of the cosmos is made of 5 elements namely water, fire, air, earth and space. Doshas are aggregations of these elements and affect our well-being. If access to an Ayurvedic practitioner isn’t feasible, then try cutting down on junk food as they contain additives and preservatives. Eat foods which don’t have more than 4 ingredients.
Raw and unprocessed food is the best for digestion. Replace artificial skin care products with natural ones. Change your sheets and pillows regularly as they may have trace residues of acne causing organisms. Insecticides and disinfectants should be substituted for their natural counterparts, such as neem based cleaning agents.
Here are some Ayurvedic natural substances which work wonders for treating your acne:
- Tulsi: An amazing way to get rid of pimples is tulsi (basil) paste when used by you on a daily basis. If access to fresh basil is difficult, then get a jar of dried basil from your neighborhood departmental store and use it with warm water. Use about 3 teaspoons so that a smooth paste can be formed and apply it on your face for over 10 minutes up to 5 times a week.
- Lemon and Honey: A mix of lemon juice and honey is a simple, but effective homemade beauty remedy for the treatment of acne. Mix 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice. Apply the mix on the pimples and on the spots caused by the pimples. However, do not apply on severe pimple outburst as it can cause a severe and intense burning sensation. Keep it on your face for about 10 minutes and then wash it off. You can continue doing this 7 times in a week. You will eventually find very satisfactory results.
- Cinnamon: Try dry roasting dalchini or cinnamon. Grind it finely and then make a creamy paste by adding honey to it. Apply this paste for a minimum of 5 times a week. Let its goodness soak into your skin and watch the benefits of the paste work its miracle!
- Neem: Neem leaves (Indian Lilac) are the perfect natural way of treating pimples. Turn it into a paste and apply it on the areas affected with pimples. If getting fresh neem isn’t feasible, try procuring some dried and bottled leaves instead and soak for about 15 minutes in hot water and use the same as a paste.
- Sesame: Turn sesame seeds into a paste by soaking them overnight. Then turn into a paste. You can also use powder, which is readily available. Keep the paste on for 15 minutes and wait for the magic to work.
- Potato: Potato juice or grated potato can be applied directly onto your pimples. Let the sticky potato juice sit on your face for over 10 minutes before washing it off. It lends a mild and natural bleaching glow to your skin. The same technique can be also tried with tomato juice.
- Mint: Soak a few mint leaves and turn it into a fresh paste , it will act as an astringent. Mint is also effective in making acne marks fade away if used regularly.
Custard apple, popularly known as 'sharifa' or 'sitaphal' in India, is liked by people of all age groups. Though it can be eaten as raw fruit, custard apple is widely used as an ingredient in the form of desserts, smoothies, shakes, and snacks. But, do you know that besides its delicious taste, custard apple also exerts numerous health benefits?
Well yes, custard apple is full of anti-oxidants and vitamins which help the body fight many diseases. Also, it has loads of potassium, vitamin A, copper, phosphorus, fiber, calcium - the list is endless. The high anti-oxidant properties are excellent for skin, heart, bones and blood pressure. The copper content in custard apple helps cure constipation, indigestion problems and gastrointestinal infections such as diarrhoea. Let us take an insight as to why you should consume 'sitaphal' this season.
- Keeps your heart healthy: Custard apples are high in potassium and magnesium, both of which are essential for keeping cardiac diseases at bay and controlling blood pressure levels. Also, vitamin B6 and dietary fibre present in custard apple help to keep the blood cholesterol levels normal, thereby reducing the incidence of cardiac arrest and other heart ailments considerably.
- Reduces Asthma: Vitamin B6 also acts as a defensive shield, protecting individuals from inflammation of the bronchioles (which may often give rise to asthma and breathing problems).
- Prevent Diabetes: Custard apple is a rich source of vitamin C, potassium, iron, magnesium, and dietary fibre, all of which help reduce the risk of type-2 diabetes. They regulate the blood glucose level. However, for maximum benefits make sure to consume the fruit in moderate amounts.
- Helps In Weight Gain: Custard apple, with its high-calorie content, is an ideal choice for people who are underweight and trying frantically to put on some weight.
- Perfect For Pregnant Women: Custard apple is a wonder-fruit for pregnant women. Being a rich source of dietary fibre, copper, and vitamin B6, custard apple goes a long way to alleviate the symptoms of constipation and morning sickness (especially nausea) in pregnant women. When consumed regularly during pregnancy, it helps in producing more breast milk. Custard apple also contributes significantly towards the development of the brain, nervous system and immune system of the foetus.
- Cures arthritis: Magnesium present in custard apple maintains a healthy balance of fluids and electrolytes in the body. This removes the excess of fluids and acids in the joints which leads to inflammation. The end result is reduced risks of arthritis and rheumatism.
- Prevents Skin-Aging: Custard apple is a rich source of antioxidants and protects the skin from the damaging effects of free radicals. Free radicals are tiny reactive oxygen molecules that can cause damage to your skin. Custard apple has the ability to fight free radicals thereby, preventing the skin from becoming prone to skin-aging, acne, psoriasis, and eczema. It enhances the production of collagen proteins, thereby maintaining skin elasticity and youthfulness.
- Prevents Skin Diseases: The active compound 'Acetogenin' present in custard apple, contributes towards minimizing the incidence of skin cancer. Also, custard apple acts as a natural moisturizer and a detoxifier, keeping the skin hydrated with the elimination of toxins that can be harmful to the skin.
While the health benefits of custard apple are immense, the seeds of this fruit are harmful and should never be consumed. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
"Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food." - famous quote by the ancient Greek physician Hippocrates, often known as 'the father of medicine'. He used to prescribe garlic to treat a variety of medical conditions.
Garlic is low in calories and high in nutrients, containing vitamin C, vitamin B6, fiber, manganese and selenium. It contains a compound known as allicin, which has been proved to prevent blood clotting, lower cholesterol levels, and found to have antibacterial properties. This very spice is a natural immunity booster that helps the body fight infections.
From consuming raw garlic cloves to adding them for flavors, every application of this spice comes with a host of health benefits. And, sipping a cup of garlic tea every morning is known to work wonders on your body.
Benefits of Garlic Tea
- Keeps Heart Healthy: LDL (Low-Density Lipoprotein) is a bad cholesterol and is known to spell doom for the heart as it triggers Arteriosclerosis. Daily consumption of garlic tea can help lower down the LDL levels significantly, keeping the heart healthy and disease-free.
- Boosts Immunity: Garlic, scientific name Allium sativum, contains the active compound Allicin. Allicin comes packed with antibacterial and antifungal properties and is known to strengthen the immune system significantly. Thus, a cup of garlic tea can help shield the body from various harmful infections and pathogens.
- Aids Weight Loss: Garlic tea stimulates the metabolism, which can increase passive fat burning and aid weight loss efforts, while also partially suppressing the appetite.
- Improves Respiratory System: If cold, cough, chest or sinus congestion and related complications are giving you sleepless night, a cup of garlic tea is all that you need to keep all these problems at bay.
- Slows Down The Skin-aging Process: Skin aging can be quite frustrating. But not anymore. Laden with antioxidants, vitamin A, C, B1, and B2, garlic tea protects the skin from the oxidative damage triggered by the free radicals, thereby slowing down the skin-aging process considerably.
- Anti-Cancer Properties: Research suggests that garlic has anti-carcinogenic properties. Thus, drinking a cup of garlic tea early in the morning (on empty stomach) can work wonders to prevent different types of cancer.
- Keeps Your Liver Healthy: Drink a cup of garlic tea daily and your liver will thank you for long. Garlic contains Allicin and Selenium, both of which play a pivotal role in keeping the liver healthy.
- Regulates Blood Pressure: Many people with a high blood pressure have benefited immensely from drinking garlic tea.
Things To Be Taken Care Of:
- For maximum benefits and to ensure that the activity of Allicin remains intact, always chop the garlic cloves and wait for at least 10 minutes before heating it.
- Though it is extremely beneficial, an excess of garlic consumption may give rise to complications such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, heartburn, dizziness, to name a few. So, make sure to consume it in moderate amount.
Preparing Your Cup Of Health:
The preparation of garlic tea is no herculean task. In fact, it is much easier than finding a coffee shop that offers it on the menu.
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
Method of preparation
Step 1 – Put the finely chopped cloves into the water and bring it to boil.
Step 2 – Turn off the heat and add honey & lemon to the tea, stir it well.
Your garlic tea is ready to be served. If you are taking any medications, talk to our experts & get a consultation before increasing your garlic consumption.