Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Faridabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shrey Lakhotia
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shrey LakhotiaYour feedback matters!
I have a pain in my molar teeth .when water touches the teeth it aches. Which medicine should I take?
Many adults suffer from Periodontal disease, which may result in slight swelling of the gums or something more severe as grave damage to the bone and tissue, which holds on to the teeth. After the onset of Periodontal disease, dental care is essential as it will determine the progress of the condition.
What are some of the causes of Periodontal disease?
- Smoking is one of the main causes of gum diseases. Moreover, it also reduces chances of effective treatment.
- Hormonal changes in women make the gums increasingly sensitive; as a result they become more susceptible to the onset of gingivitis.
- Diabetic patients are more likely to develop infection of the gums.
- The ongoing treatment for serious medical conditions like AIDs and cancer can also cause Periodontal Disease.
- Genetics also plays an essential role in the onset of gums diseases.
What are the symptoms of Periodontal disease?
- Persistent foul breath
- Red inflamed gums
- Tender gums with some amount of bleeding
- A sensation of pain while chewing food
- Loose teeth
- Teeth sensitivity
In case these symptoms are experienced, a dentist should be immediately consulted.
How is Periodontal disease treated?
- The most effective way of treating Periodontal disease, is by controlling the progression of the condition. The type of treatment generally depends on the extent of the disease.
- Generally the doctor begins treatment by cleaning out the plaque, through a process called scaling and root planing. Scaling gets rid of the tartar from the gums and root planing removes rough spots from the root of the tooth, where bacteria generally accumulate and breed. Sometimes, a laser is also used for the same.
- After the cleaning is done, certain medicines are recommended and the doctor recommends strict oral care.
- If the diseases continue to worsen, a surgical treatment may be recommended.
- Some surgical treatments include flap surgery and bone and tissue grafts.
- Scaling should be done every 6months.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir, I am 44 years old female, and I am suffering from bad toothache pain from two years so what should I do?
When I do brush during morning I found blood in discharge foam from my mouth pls advise me what should I do now.
I am a 20-year-old male and live in Roorkee (uk). I am having sore in the retromolar area of the mouth from past two days. While surfing the net I came across many symptoms that I am facing and are actually same as symptoms of oral cancer. What should I do?
Tooth decay is treated removing the damaged portion of your tooth and substituting it with ‘fillings’. Fillings can be made up of different materials such as silver amalgam, porcelain, gold or even plastic. Hence these plastic, tooth-colored, glass mixtures that are used to restore decayed teeth are known as composite fillings. Composites are also used for changing the color of or reshaping disfigured teeth.
How are they placed?
The dentist sets the composite in layers employing a specialized UV Laser light to harden each of the layers. After this, the dentist moulds the composite to fit in your tooth. The composite is then polished to prevent premature staining or wearing out of the composite. Good shaping and polishing of the tooth to produces a virtually invisible restoration.
When are composite fillings used?
White fillings can be used for cosmetic options as well.
- Short or spaced out teeth: Composites are able to reshape any deformed teeth or add length to a tooth.
- Cracked or chipped teeth: It can fill in any chips or worn down teeth to appear healthy yet again.
- Smile Makeover: It does not require for healthy tooth structure to be removed unlike a veneer
Advantages of Composites:
- The shade of the composite filling is well suited to match the color of your existing teeth.
- They can chemically bond to your tooth structure, rendering additional support.
- Composite fillings are also used to mend broken or cracked teeth.
- With composite filling, not much of your tooth structure needs to be taken off as compared to amalgam fillings.
Precautions with Tooth coloured fillings
- Composite fillings wear faster as compared to silver fillings should be replaced within 3-7 years.
- Need regular follow up care or maintenance as they are subject to microleakage.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult me anytime
Sir I am suffering from the pieria since 2 years and smelling is produce from my mouth what should I do.
Gingivitis is a mild form of gum disease which occurs because of the inflammation of the gums. It can easily be reversed with daily brushing and flossing and getting dental cleaning done regularly.