Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Faridabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My 8 years old daughter recently came across from less hearing issue. We have done audiolist test two time in 15 days and found that his hearing capacity is increased from early level. Many learned doctors on this site advice us to go for hearing aids for her betterment. Thanks to all. My further question is, if she do not wear hearing aids will her hearing will lose further? Any treatment in other pathy is useful. I am little reluctant to use hearing aids. She otherwise response normally. Only on some occasion she complaint of less hearing. Please Guide .
Sir my daughter was 3 months old. Due to some infection in the lungs. She was not take breathing properly. She is in hospital from born. And on the oxygen. doctor said from bhopal that there was no solution for this. Only oxygen is the solution. Pls help me sir. I am very for you.
My child is a 3 years a baby girl she is a normal child but she is so stubborn, but from past one week she is just blowing our minds with her stubbroness, she cross her hight of being stubborn, if she start become stubborn cry for alteast one hour , after becoming normal she feel headache, she will not listen anything and ask us to do nothing , for example - If we eat she ask us to stop eating, there are lots many instance , so will become so "Ziddi" from past one week so is doing twice a day or trice a day, we are very worried about our child , Need help on this suggest me whether we need to contact Pedio/child psychiatrist,
My daughter is 2 years old is suffering from fever 102 degree. Doctor gave an antibiotic and paracetamol syrup. She is not at all having any food and juices. She is taking only plain water. I am worried. Without any food juice or milk how can I give her medicine. Kindly advice.
My baby boy is 2.7 years old but not speaking as other babies in his age group. He talks in his own language and communicate by sign/signals. He also does not chew food and having difficulty to sallow it, I need to give him semi solid food or need to blend it, otherwise he will vomit it. I consulted my baby's pediatrician (and few more doctors) and he said its normal and asked to wait till 5 years. Please suggest me the solution for the both. For speech, should I consult a speech therapist?
Asking your doctor if an antibiotic medicine can be taken is advisable as it can help in reducing the infection and swelling. It can also be taken after the treatment for faster healing.
Tonsillitis is an affliction that plagues a fair share of people. Located at the back of your throat, tonsils are essentially two small glands, which contain white blood cells to defend your body against infection. However, on account of germ attacks, sometimes the tonsils get infected and this results in the swelling of the tonsil glands, which in turn causes sore throat and aligned maladies.
Tonsillitis may be cured through surgical procedures. However, an isolated case of the inflammation of the tonsils need not warrant a surgery. Tonsillectomy or the surgical method of curing tonsillitis is only recommended for extreme cases of tonsillitis. Only the frequent sufferers of tonsillitis take recourse to tonsillectomy for a durable and effective solution. Surgeries are only done on those who have had at least seven bouts of strep throats within a span of a year.
Tonsillectomies essentially involve surgical removal of the tonsils either using a scalpel or burning the tissues in the tonsils with the use of ultrasound vibrations. Usually performed under anesthesia, it is a fairly painless and a non-hazardous procedure. Tonsillectomies generally last for about an hour. However, the recovery period sometimes entail a few physical discomforts. Sore throat, difficulty in swallowing, pain in the jaws and ears are common symptoms of post tonsillectomy conditions. While there are palliative medicines available in the markets, adequate rest and proper diet speeds up the recovery.
Tonsillectomy generally leaves no side effects and the success rate of this surgery is quite heartening. Tonsillectomy has also known to cure several other associated health problems in the likes of breathing troubles, sleep apnea, bleeding of the tonsil glands or cancerous developments in the tonsil glands. That aside, tonsillectomy is only performed on acute cases of tonsillitis and often regarded as the lender of last resort when medicines stop according any relief to the patient.
My 2months baby girl has been coughing for almost a week, no fever but with her cough, i'm worried something might be wrong with her? She coughs when she tries to burp or when she gets choked and it worries me. Now, when she coughs, i've now noticed that she is starting to have short breaths. Her nose was blocked, took her to the health centre, they gave her saline drops. I discussed with them about her cough also, I was told when I reach home to steam her. This is the 4th day I have been steaming her. I feel she is getting worse, since she is starting to have short breaths. Please help. Need advice.
Sir my baby has club foot disorder in 1 leg. She is 11 days old. What is the treatment to be given and how much time approximately it will take to be cured. Who is the best doctor in howrah and calcutta and how much it will cost in plastering and treatment approximately. please guide sir.
My 9 Month old daughter swallowed a plastic pen cap (back side of the pen). She is not showing any signs of distress. Please suggest what to do?
My girl child of 7 month is having fever from last 3 days. Her temperature is not coming down from 102. Please suggest what to do?
Dear Doctor, my is daughter is 5 years old and having a problem of calcium. Please suggest some food along with medicine.
In what tym different do we hav to feed our new born and if she s not satisfied can v giv her powder milk n how many times.
My 10 years old twins daughters having plum body. They are not very overweight and they are very active too But still looks plum. Their height is around 4.5" and weight around 42 KG
My daughter is having loose motion from Yesterday, she is doing liquid type motions. Ple suggest which medicine we should give, also she has done motions yesterday 5 times, and she is seen to be losses, no energy. Kindly suggest.
I am having lungs fibrosis I am taking wysolin 10 mg My lungs capacity is 17 % Daily 14 hour I am taking oxygen 2 litre. please help.
There are few things I hear over and over again from students:
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, after all the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study. And, the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve. There are two ways to improve your concentration:
A. First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
B. Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
A. Ideas for daily concentration boosting habits include
- Mindfulness meditation: Many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep: I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain: The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumosity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier: Your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise: It is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4 to 5 hours of study very efficient.
B. Optimize your mental state & environment
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
- Create a study space: Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
- Remove distractions: Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
- Reduce background noises: If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
- Use timer: Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
- Stay motivated: If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying. That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
- Take breaks: Take a break every two hours. You mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten minute break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How an expert can help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; you can always consult the expert. Once he/she knows what your current study methods are, they will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate those tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!!