Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Lucknow. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nisha Singh
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Nisha SinghYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
It was good and a very patient doctor... Explained all the things veey patiently.
Fibromyalgia is a medical condition that is known to affect the soft tissues and muscles of the body. As a result, there is a muscular pain and fatigue experienced throughout the body, often interfering with daily activities of the affected individual. Though the condition can affect both men and women, females are more prone to Fibromyalgia than their male counterparts.
The pain (can be acute or chronic) associated with fibromyalgia is often an outcome of a condition whereby the receptors in the brain that perceive the pain signal undergoes modification, becoming oversensitive to the pain stimuli.
The body has 18 tender points spread throughout the body. These tender points are highly sensitive and can be quite painful when pressed. Research suggests that individuals with fibromyalgia experience pain in at least 11 of these pressure points when pressed (often used in the diagnosis of fibromyalgia).
Causes of Fibromyalgia
While it may be difficult to decipher the exact trigger that results in Fibromyalgia, the condition may be an outcome of
- Physical or emotional trauma, stress, anxiety, and depression
- Genetic predisposition. The incidence of fibromyalgia is higher in individuals with a family history of the condition
- Indulging in too much of a sedentary lifestyle (lack of physical activities and exercise) can play a pivotal role in triggering fibromyalgia
- Certain health conditions and infections such as Arthritis can also give to fibromyalgia
While muscular and joint weakness and pain are synonymous to fibromyalgia, a person may also complain of
- Sleeping disorders
- There is a weakness, headache (often associated with a migraine), and fatigue (in spite of having a sound sleep and proper rest)
- A person may experience Fibro Fog (a condition resulting from fibromyalgia whereby a person finds it difficult to memorize or concentrate on anything)
- There may be morning stiffness along with numbness or a tingling sensation in the legs, hands, feet
- Some women with fibromyalgia may experience menstrual cramps which are often painful
- One may also suffer from IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), Temporomandibular joint disorders
Treating Fibromyalgia with Ayurveda
According to Ayurveda, Fibromyalgia is an outcome of the vitiation of all the three doshas - Vata, Kapha, Pitta. This affects the digestion process (it weakens or slows down) with the buildup of toxins or Ama in the body. Thus, for an effective treatment, the balance between the three doshas should be restored along with the elimination of the toxins out of the body (detoxification).
- The treatment often involves a concoction of herbal and Ayurvedic oil massages and oil baths, lifestyle changes, dietary modifications, meditation and yogas or pranayamas
- Avoid non-vegetarian (can have lean meat though), spicy and greasy foods. Instead, supplement the diet with fresh fruits, vegetables, healthy or good fats (poly or monounsaturated fats), whole grains
- Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water daily
- Follow a healthy sleep routine. Mediation and Yoga will act as a catalyst, enhancing the overall treatment
- Drinking alcohol or smoking tobacco or drug abuse should be avoided
- A Warm Ayurvedic oil application with gentle pressure is very effective in this if done on regular basis
- Stay happy and stress-free
- Daily feet massage helps in good sleep.
- Panchkarma treatment is highly effective in this disease.
- If stress is highly involved its better to take proper counselling from psychiatrist .
- Healthy bowl is always recommended.
- Good appetite and bowl clearance are utmost important in this disease.
The vast majority of us never consider our sinuses when we take a full breath through the nose. For others, this problem of stuffy nose, excruciating headaches, fever and infections, in episodes of sicknesses, last up to twelve weeks no less than four times each year. We should take a look at how this issue occurs and how to help them through Maharishi Ayurveda. This is how sinusitis occurs:
- Sinus issues are really brought on by a fundamental irregularity in Prana Vata (the subdosha of Vata that sees the brain and the head) and Shleshaka Kapha (a subdosha of Kapha, which administers oil and dampness levels).
- At the point when these two sub-doshas are at the same time imbalanced, another problem emerges. Ama, the sticky waste that is a result of processing, gets blended with Shleshaka Kapha in the sinus area, shaping a more toxic, sticky bodily fluid called Shleshma. Shleshma settles in the zone and stops the channels of the sinuses. Because of the confinement and blocking, Pitta dosha likewise gets to be imbalanced, and irritation occurs.
- At that point when each of the three doshas are out of adjustment, the body turns into a ground for bacteria, allergens, or infections. Air contamination, changes of hot and frosty climate increase it further. Eating unnecessary measures of chilly, sweet, not being able to workout or exercise can add to the problem.
Here is how it can be cured through Ayurveda:
Step 1: Eat foods that are not very hot, furthermore not very chilly. Stay away from extraordinary temperatures or foods that have extreme temperatures, for example, stew peppers or super cold foods and refreshments. Eat properly cooked, warm dinners that are light, sustaining, and simple to process. For instance, for breakfast, you could eat a stewed apple, and for the dinner eat khichari (a light and sustaining porridge made with two sections rice and one section mung dhal).
Step 2: Drink a lot of water seasoned with flavours, to decontaminate the sinuses of toxins and to allow the harmful waste that has developed to stream out. Bubble two quarts of water, empty the water into a bottle, and put two leaves of basil, two thin cuts of ginger, four leaves of mint, two bits of clove, and ¼ teaspoon of marshmallow root. Continue drinking this water for the duration of the day, however, make it again every morning.
Step 3: Detoxify the body and restore the sinus territory. Eat a lot of natural, crisp foods grown from the ground. Abstain from eating eggplant, banana, tomato and pepper, since these block the channels. Try not to skip meals or suppers, since that will annoy the stomach and create more problems for your body.
Sinusitis is Vata Kaphaj Disorder - Do's and Don'ts
- Avoid sudden temperature and too much cold temperature .
- Avoid cold beverages and food products .
- If your nose is stuffy take regular steam.
- Taking fumes of ajwain, turmeric and ghee are in running nose. These things will clear the passage and cures the headache problems.
- Taking ajwain with jaggery lowers the allergic reactions in body.
- Avoid curd, urad dal, egg, area full of dust and damn places.
- Keep your bowl healthy, it will itself lowers the kapha in body.
Does apple cider vinegar anyway harmful if taken regularly twice a day before meals for reducing weight.
Mam my body is so thin and I try to build body so mam gives some tips. Aur mam mujhe bhukh bhot kam lagti h. And.
I am having vagina infection since 4-5 days I used metrogyl gel and propyzole but still no improvement. My age is 24 and I am unmarried. Please suggest me something as soon as possible.
I am 38 years old. I am suffering from urethra stricture from the past 14 years. antibiotic medicines are giving temporary relief, and pus is releasing from the cock. Please advice me the best medicine from curing the pus and urethra stricture.
Pain remains in my neck when I get up in the morning and pain goes to my shoulder eyes brain sides of my head. These parts of muscles get tight. I have to some painkiller than I relief .What is the problem that happen only when I take pillow at night otherwise not.
Do you feel bloated like a whale? Do you have a burning sensation in your stomach that makes you want to bend over constantly? This inflammation of your stomach could be caused by a number of reasons. One of the most common scenarios can be that you may have had a little too much to drink the last night or eaten too much spicy food or just eaten something that may have inflamed your stomach. Worry not, stomach inflammation can be easily treated.
Here are a few home remedies that can help:
- Probiotics: Ever wondered why your grandmother told you to eat a bowl of curd if your stomach was out? Curd is rich in probiotics. These introduce good bacteria to your digestive system and help improve digestion. They also aid in regulating bowel movements and speed up the healing process. Apart from curds, foods such as kefir, Kimchi, and kombucha are also rich in probiotics and can help relieve the inflammation to a great extent.
- Green tea: Amongst other things green tea also helps soothe the digestive system. It also improves digestion. Studies have shown that drinking a cup of warm green tea even just once a week can make a significant difference for gastritis patients. To improve the taste, you could add a spoonful of honey to the tea. Honey also has a number of potential health benefits for your digestive system.
- Eat smaller meals: Eating heavy meals with large gaps between them can be one of the major causes of inflammation. So, if you’ve been suffering from recurring gastritis attacks, consider eating smaller meals with shorter gaps between them. Also, pay attention to what you’re eating. Avoid foods that make you feel bloated and that are difficult to digest. If you do not know what foods trigger such a response, start maintaining a food journal. This will help you identify the foods that don’t suit your digestive system.
- Garlic Extract: Garlic has a number of health benefits. This herb is also great for an upset stomach. Garlic extract can help remove H. pylori from your stomach. This is the strain of bacteria most commonly responsible for stomach inflammation. To benefit from this crush a few pods of raw garlic and drink a teaspoon of the juice extracted. Alternatively, you can buy garlic extract from an Ayurvedic store.
- Ginger: Ginger also has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help treat stomach inflammation. To benefit from this chew a piece of raw ginger followed by a glass of water. Alternatively, boil a piece of ginger with water and milk; drink this tea to get relief from inflammation.
- Best way to increase healthy bacteria in stomach is take butter milk instead of curd . curd is mostly useful in loose motions.
- If any one is having regular stomach upset , its better to take warm water add coriander seeds and shunthi (dry ginger) and boil it.
- Taking ginger and garlic raw are not recommended for all kind of patients. if any one has burning problem and acid regurgitation, these things will increase the symptoms.
- Try to take light diet and on proper time. delaying itself create disease.
When it comes to Indian cuisine, it is all about a mélange of flavors and aroma that can entirely transform the face of any dish. One such important spice is turmeric which is not just revered for the amazing color and texture it adds to any food but for its medicinal value as well.
Turmeric or haldi is used for thousands of years in Ayurvedic treatments, and its values are now researched and approved by scientists and researchers all across the globe. But if you have decided to add turmeric in your daily edibles then you should be aware of the tips and tricks that would enable you to choose the pure form of turmeric over the unwanted filtered and chemically dyed ones.
Turmeric often tends to have unwanted additives such as chalk powder or starch or sawdust and sometimes, it is made to look appealing with the help of synthetic colors. Adulteration in spices is a common situation in India and therefore, it pays to ensure that the turmeric you buy and eat is free from Metanil yellow or lead chromate which is some of the toxic chemicals.
Quick tricks that can help you check
- Checking for chalk powder: You can take a pinch of turmeric powder in a glass flask and add a few drops of water to it. Now add a few drops of hydrochloric acid, and if you see it to give off bubbles, it is indicative of the presence of yellow soap powder or chalk powder or both.
- Presence of Metanil yellow: A few drops of hydrochloric acid in a pinch of turmeric will also help you understand whether it has Metanil yellow. Add some water and shake the mixture as vigorously as you can. If you see the mixture to turn pink, then rest assured that it contains this unwanted additive.
- Spotting adulterated turmeric root: Sometimes, we need turmeric root instead of the powder, and you will be surprised to know that it may also be coated with some unwanted substance. To test for it, you will have to place turmeric root on a piece of paper and pour some water on it. If you see it leaving color, it can be impure and polished to give the desired look.
Such simple measures can go a long way in maintaining the good health of your family. Hence care must be taken in this regard.