Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Psychologists online in Faridabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Mrs. Namrata Grover
Management of Smoking Addiction
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Fear
Treatment of Stress at Work
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Alcohol Withdrawal
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Substance Addiction Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Stage Fright
Treatment of Split Personality
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Treatment of School Refusal Problems
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Mrs. Namrata GroverYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
She is very sweet and have a heart warming nature. I was suffering from depression because of my financial condition and relationship. A friend of mine suggested me to consult a psychologist so I went to Dr. Namrata. After a one to one conversation I realised that somewhere I was not responding well to the problems. Thanks Namrata ji. Your guidance helped me a lot.
Dr. Namrata Grover provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable, practical, helped me improve my health and saved my life. Thanks a lot doc.. Tq for your information...
It's was amazing experience with Dr Namrata
Health benefits of love
- promotes mental health;
- reduce stress;
- literally kills depression;
- relieves anxiety;
- strenghtens the immune system;
- lessen pain;
- improve blood circulation;
- lower blood pressure;
- reduce the risk of heart disease;
- lower the chances of having cancer;
- improves our memory;
- provides a sense of secuirity;
- raises our confidence;
- helps us lead longer and happy lives.
" I say I can to my dreams that seem impossible'
"I question authority when I am confronted by limiting beliefs of so called experts"
" The past is no indicator of what I can do in the present. I believe."
" Believing I can is self direction, not self deception"
" If I shoot for the sun and miss, I become one of the stars"
" When I act " As If", I get a lift"
"Labelling is disabling. I don't judge or limit the outer boundaries of my potential"
WE are studying since nursery, but still we are not addicted to studying........!
That's Called SELF CONTROL
We can not" stop" negative thinking. Negative thinking is rather" changed. When we try to modify one form of thinking into another one, like from negative to positive, we work on changing, not stopping.
- Stopping is an action, changing is also an action. When we say, how we can stop thinking negatively, it appears as if we want to put a sudden break on our negative thinking process. This is not possible. In case we do this, this is suppression of thought and the unresolved, negative emotion-laden thought stays in the unconscious mind. This may come out in our conscious mind again.
- Stoppage of negative thought is rather a" state" of mind, when our automatic thought process pops out positive or healthy thoughts. This state of non-negative thinking is achieved by modifying negative pattern of thoughts.
- So stopping a negative thought is a misnomer, rather negative thoughts have to undergo a change. Change is the action that is necessary, and later a state of" stoppage" of negative thoughts would be achieved.
- Thinking is a continuous process. It is seamless. Thoughts are like birds flying in the sky. Thousands of them go from one place to the other. They are of all kinds. Black birds. White birds. All colours. They don't leave any footprints behind. It is our choice which thoughts do we pay attention to. Which one's we trap. Which one's we simply let go. The ones that we allow to upset us may need evaluation. They may need modification. From irrational to rational. Harmful to harmless. Less beneficial to more beneficial. Dysfunctional to functional. Rigid to flexible. And so on"
Feelings don't try to kill you, even the painful ones. Anxiety is a feeling grown too large. A feeling grown aggressive and dangerous. You're responsible for its consequences, you're responsible for treating it. But. You're not responsible for causing it. You're not morally at fault for it. No more than you would be for a tumor.
We have heard the label" high functioning autism"- - it basically means that the disorders are present at a higher level. And the symptoms of that disorder and co-morbids are amplified compared to the same disorder / co-morbids at the lower end - since they are spectrum disorders.
A lot of us dont know much about it, what is it exactly or its symptoms and traits and crucially how to handle it or deal with it in daily life.
There is more to it than meets the eye.
It completely affects the individual life in the following: aspects:
- Mental health
All we have seen and heard is the" behavioural" aspect of it especially challenging behaviour which is only one aspect of it. Without knowing or understanding some of the other aspects that coexist with it. Nor the
Co-morbidity of other disorders present at the same time.
N. B. Granted -some have a better understanding of it than others -
- This article gives a simple overview for everyone involved. The individual him / her self, the parent, carer, guardian and educator. To start to understand exactly what" high functioning" is, all about -.
- The additional article links within the article are also worth a read.
- Hopefully this series of post will provide us with a better understanding of" high functioning autism. And its effect on the entire life of individuals living it.
For parents who are not able to accept their child's disability or disorder and feel ashamed to have such a child:
If your'normal' child is not able to become an engineer or doctor or anything you expect/desire, despite having good education and all facilities in materialistic terms, would you call that'normal' child disabled?
In one way, it should be called disability. Because the child has no ability to become what is expected of him or her. Or may be the child has lost that ability because of various psychological reasons (lack of interest, poor focus in studies, low motivation etc.). But you won't feel much ashamed of that child, probably because you think the child is'normal' and can fulfill at least one or more other expectations. But you will easily accept the" limitations" of that child.
- For your'normal' child, disability is a limitation, but for the'abnormal' child, there is only disability. Why disability can't be just called limitation? we all have certain limitations. All'normal' people have limitations. Are we all disabled? I dont have the ability to fly. Am I disabled? or do I just lack a component in my biology which limits my ability to fly. Probably yes. I have a serious limitation that does not allow me to fly. But I never wanted to fly. Your'disabled' child, probably never wanted to become'normal. That child may have some serious limitation which limits the ability to walk or think or relate to others. Can't you identify any such serious limitation in your'normal' child? and what about you? can you identify any serious limitation within yourself?
- If all of us begin to talk about and consider our limitations, then all of us would be proved disabled. Even you too. So who is a disabled child? one with limitations or one with a disorder? I believe both, or may be no one. Both children - with disorder and without disorder - have biological limitations, both have psychological limitations, and both are in fictitious sense, disabled.
- But its better to look at both of them having their own limitations. Because terms like'disability'abnormality' makes you feel you are superior, and hence, you select the one among both who is superior like you. But fact is, you are also disabled in the sense I described above. So you are no more superior. Either we all are disabled / abnormal, or we all have limitations.
- Disability makes one feel sick, that requires a cure and cures kill something within, which is not our, which is not needed, which is not'accepted, which has to die, so that one feels like being born again. But what if disability doesn't have any cure? so it's not a good choice to remain feeling sick and unwanted. It yields feelings of inferiority.
- On the other hand, limitation gives hope of winning, achieveing, and overcoming something hidden or unknown; which already lies within but has to be moulded in a desirable manner, so that one feels accepted and significant. It's a growth. A growth which is possible and takes one to a level of higher potential. There is another form of rebirth in this growth, which gives feeling of acceptance and love, and not superiority.
“Why do you want to shut out of your life any uneasiness, any misery, any depression, since after all you don't know what work these conditions are doing inside you? Why do you want to persecute yourself with the question of where all this is coming from and where it is going? Since you know, after all, that you are in the midst of transitions and you wished for nothing so much as to change. If there is anything unhealthy in your reactions, just bear in mind that sickness is the means by which an organism frees itself from what is alien; so one must simply help it to be sick, to have its whole sickness and to break out with it, since that is the way it gets better.”