Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bharat Arya
Submit a review for Dr. Bharat AryaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Best doctor in the Delhi .... My problem have solved just few day at Amar Clinic ...thank you doctor ..
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Bharat Arya to be very helpful. Overall good
Ejaculation can be considered premature if it happens within 1 minute of penetration or if you are unable to control your ejaculation. There are several reasons that can contribute to premature ejaculation like performance anxiety, excessive excitement, relationship issues and hypersensitivity of the skin. To treat premature ejaculation, it is important to determine the cause and stress that can be a potent reason that is preventing you from 'lasting' long. Premature ejaculation can be life long or acquired.
The effects of stress on the mind
Stress can create havoc in your life and it is closely related to sexual dysfunctions. It is caused not only by rigorous emotional turmoil, daily factors like work or school can also lead to continuous stress, which may pile up to have a profound effect on your mind and body. Stress tends to alter the brain chemistry by triggering hormones like Cortisol, Norepinephrine, Serotonin and many others that signal the nervous system and endocrine to put the body in a state of anxiety which leads to weakening of the ejaculation reflex arc.
The effects of stress on the body
Increased level of stress causes the heart rate to drop and the body is stimulated to produce excess blood sugar, adrenalin and chemicals. If your stress is caused due to work, your body will respond to it by diverting blood towards the important organs like hands and legs and your concentration might also improve under stress. However, stress can diminish your ability to enjoy sex, heighten your sensitivity to stimulation and pain and increase impotence.
How stress causes premature ejaculation
Stimulation of the sympathetic nerves and hormonal imbalance caused by stress create an urge to ejaculate. Generally, this urge is enhanced by mental and sensory stimulation till orgasm is reached. One is likely to engage in sex with an amplified urge to ejaculate because the nerves have already been exhausted which leads to an early climax. Men with premature ejaculation has shown significant impact on self esteem and self confidence and many people confirm high levels of anxiety connected to sexual or intimate situations with a partner.
In a recent-published survey investigating the female partner's perception of premature ejaculation and impact on relationship break ups, relationship quality and sexual satisfaction among females, many of them confirmed that premature ejaculation was the main reason for break ups.
Hormonal disturbances in Thyroid, Prolactine, Erectile dysfunction, Penile anomalies, Prostate disease, Lower urinary tract infection can also cause premature ejaculation.
Reducing stress is an important step to cure premature ejaculation. Premature ejaculation can be treated with medications, counseling, diet and exercises.
Also known as sexual climax, orgasm is the sudden ejection of stored sexual excitement during the process of having sex. It involves the rhythmic flexing of the muscles near the pelvic area resulting in an immensely pleasurable experience. Considered an involuntary action, it is experienced by both men and women, though they occur due to different circumstances.
While the sexual stimulation of the penis is responsible for orgasm in males, it is the stimulation of the clitoris that causes the same in women. In both the sexes the body undergoes certain changes during orgasm.
Few of them are:
- Effect on genitals: Though orgasm results in a pleasurable experience in both men and women, their genitals do not react in a similar way. Women experience a heady rush as the blood flow to the clitoris and vagina. Subsequently, the vagina secretes lubricants and increases in size. On the other hand, men experience a feeling of contraction and throbbing in their penis and prostate region. Despite the differences, the genitals in the cases release powerful sexual energy during orgasm.
- Increase in blood rate and rapid breathing: This condition is common to both men and women. Due to the dilation of the blood vessels, both the sex experience an increase in heart rate, contraction of muscles and rapid breathing during orgasm.
- Release of hormones: During orgasm, there is an excessive discharge of oxytocin in both men and women. When this hormone floods the brain, it creates feelings of intimacy and a sense of warm bond. However, in males another hormone called testosterone is released which operates as a counter to the effects of oxytocin.
- Effects on brain during orgasm: The brain of men and women operate differently. The periaqueductal gray also known as PAG, an area responsible to control fights, is activated in women. At the same time, women also experience a sudden decrease in apprehension and fear. However, the same does not happen in the case of men.
- Stimulation of nerve endings: During orgasm, millions of nerve endings on the penis, vaginal opening, testes and clitoris are triggered and stimulated. This consequently produces the feeling of an arousal.
The year 2014 has seen a massive increase in the number of patients affected by Gonorrhoea. The most infected age group is between 15 and 24. This is mainly due to lack of knowledge in this age group about the disease. Here are some facts about Gonorrhoea that one must know.
Gonorrhoea Transmission: Gonorrhoea, also known as drip, is transmitted when a normal person comes in contact sexually with an infected person. Infected fluid of a mother can also pass to her newborn infant during delivery. The disease can affect both the genders.
Cause of Gonorrhoea: Neisseria gonorrhoeae bacteria cause the disease. The bacteria grow in mucus membranes and usually grow in the warm and moist areas of humans' reproductive tracts such as uterus and fallopian tube of women. These can also grow in anus, mouth as well as throat. As a matter of fact, the infection can be passed even via oral or anal sex.
Symptoms of Gonorrhoea: An infected person will develop symptoms of the disease in 2 to 14 days. Men may feel burning or painful sensation while urinating. Other symptoms are as follows:
- Swollen and painful testicles
- Swollen or redness at the tip of the penis
- Penis may have a drip or discharge
- Frequent urination
- Recurrent soreness of throat
Females have milder symptoms of the infection. This makes it difficult to diagnose, and is sometimes misinterpreted as common vaginal yeast or other bacterial infection.
Following are a few symptoms of the disease in women:
- Burning or painful urination
- Frequent urination
- Vaginal discharge
- Soreness in throat
- Lower abdominal pain
- Pain while sexual intercourse
If the disease is not treated, infection spreads in blood stream leading to rashes, fever and even pain in the joints. Such unnoticeable symptoms make it difficult to treat.
Testing Methods of Gonorrhoea: One method is that penile or vaginal discharge samples are taken from patients and examined under a microscope by adding reactive stain. However, this is not an accurate assessment.
Another test is conducted where exposing samples are incubated. In case of infection, colony of gonorrhoea shows growth. Preliminary test may take 24 hours. Final assessment may take around three days. Samples can be from the patient's anus, joint fluid, blood, throat, vagina or tip of the penis.
Treatment: The disease is treatable under proper medical supervision. However, the bacterial resistance to Azithromycin drug has made it more difficult for treatment.
Protection: It is highly recommended to have a protected intercourse. Women of age group less than 25 need to have STI evaluation once a year.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A healthy lifestyle is vital for experiencing sexual arousal, which requires your overall health and cardiovascular system to be in their best form. Simple lifestyle changes can easily lead to a better sex life. Not only do these changes lead to a better sex life, but also contribute towards the performance and stamina exhibited in bed.
Here are some points on to improve sex life by choosing these simple lifestyle changes:
- No stress: Stress is unavoidable, but one can make a conscious effort to relieve themselves of the same. If a person is stress it becomes hard to focus on sex and in turn affects the blood flow. Reading a book, taking a break, rest, and a massage are just few ways by which one can get rid of stress.
- Regular exercises: Doing exercises regularly tends to pump up the heart, which in turn enhance the blood flow in and around the genitals. Exercising also provides stamina and energy. The most important benefit of exercising is that it enhances the body image thereby leading to a confident person.
- Quitting smoking: Smoking causes the development of a condition known as vasoconstriction (which is a contraction of the blood vessels that brings about a decrease in blood flow), not to mention damage to the veins and arteries. The small veins in the penis are typically more prone to this kind of damage. The only way you can prevent this kind of damage from happening is by kicking this habit. As a consequence, you experience an increase in your sex drive as well as an improvement in your sex life.
- Limiting your drinks: Drinking in moderate amounts can help in protecting you from heart disease and certain cancers. But if you have too much of alcohol, it can act as a depressant and lead to anxiety problems as well as a host of sexual problems including delayed ejaculation, erections, and vaginal dryness. Ideally, you should have one drink a day if you're a woman and two in the case of men.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have a sperm count problem. In night. Mostly dreaming. And if I thing about sex sperm eject very earliest.
Me 25 year ka hu or me ne last 8 year se mastarbrat karta tha. Ab size small or bahut ejaction ho jata h.ling me kabhi kabhi eraction aata h .ab kya karu ki sab sahi ho jaye.
I am 28 year. My problem is my penis is not fully erect or get hard as before. When I do masturbating is erect but when I release my hand it's looses directness and semen is coming out within 1 or 2 min. I am not enjoy masturbating and I felt that I am also not enjoying sex with my partner.
I have weight loss problem kindly help me in this regard I don't have any other conditions. But my weight is too much m nt able to do anything. Like m feeling lazy very much.
Masturbation is a wonderful way to explore your physicality which is healthy as well as beneficial. According to research, women who masturbate regularly are likely to enjoy better sex lives with their partners and are more self confident in nature. Women who indulge in masturbation enjoy a wealth of physical as well as mental health benefits. Following are the benefits that you should be aware of:
Physical benefits of female masturbation
- Prevention of infections: Female masturbation is very important as it prevents cervical infections and also relieves you from infections in the urinary tract. Recent studies suggest that masturbation helps relieve you from pain caused by urinary tract infections. It lubricates the vagina and eliminates harmful bacteria from the cervix.
- Better cardiovascular health: Masturbating promotes improvement in cardiovascular health and also effectively lowers the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. It has been observed that women who masturbate regularly are less vulnerable to coronary heart disease and overall have a better immune system.
- Prevents insomnia: Masturbation can be a natural way to prevent insomnia as there is a subsequent release of hormones and stress involved. During masturbation the hormone called Dopamine increases as the process reaches climax. After orgasm, the hormones called oxytocin are released along with endorphins which consequently help you to sleep better.
Psychological or mental benefits of masturbation
- Improves mood and busts stress: Masturbation helps you get rid of depressed feelings and in turn positively affects your sexual life with your partner. It improves your mood and is considered an effective stress buster without any associated side effects.
- Helps you accept yourself: Accepting your sexuality is very important as it makes you aware of your body and makes you comfortable with it. It strengthens your love for yourself and increases your confidence. Paying attention to your sexual desires and fulfilling them yourselves is pleasurable as well as healthy. Masturbation can help you know your physical needs and relieve stress associated to your personal and professional life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.