Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Faridabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Family Planning Procedure
Nutrition For Pregnant Women
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Normal Vaginal Delivery
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Maternal Fetal Medicine
Submit a review for Dr. Anjali PrasharYour feedback matters!
My wife is 20-25 days pregnant. Till which month of pregnancy, it is "extremely safe" to have intercourse or please let me know if it is NOT at all advisable to have sex during pregnancy period. Also, is it beneficial or restricted to consume home made chicken, fish and eggs for pregnant women.
I have 2months baby girl. I am now planning for not to get pregnancy again. I want best precautions for this.
Hai am 26 I took corion injection but there is no ovulation then doctor gave me tablet to get period but it doesn' t come what should I do.
Hello, What is the correct time to have sexual intercourse, but pregnancy should be avoided? Please answer.
Me and my gf planning to have sex this weekend for the first time. We don't want to use condom as we want to enjoy more. So please suggest any alternative way to do so. She had her period 20 days ago.
I had a sex with my boyfriend on may 13 I got period on may 14. But now I'm getting too much sleep and stomach pain feeling like something different also. Is it be pregnancy? How can I make sure and avoid it?
She has a problem of missing menses. And now she got her menses today but the color of the blood was nearly dark brown to black with full ache in abdomen. Before that for nearly 3-4 months her menses was regular but not with as usual flow it was very low not even a pad for a single day. Now is the color of the blood a trouble. Can you suggest.
Hello. Recently i have been diagnosed by pcod. I got my last periods on march 10th. But from past 5 years I have irregular periods. I consulted a doctor she asked me to usg, prolactin and thyroid test. Prolactin and thyroid test was normal. Usg depicted that I have pcod. Doctor asked me wait til april 15th to c if I would get my periods on time if not she asked me to start on regestrone from 15th of april for that I would get my periods by 25th after which from 5th day of my periods she asked me to take ginette 35 6 cycles for 6 months. I had an intercourse with my partner on 17th april (i was on regestrone) we did use condom but he has a doubt that the sperms might have gone in. I waited for my periods til 25th but its been delayed by 14 days, to confirm if am pregnant I did hcg urine test at home the result was negative. Please assist me. Am I pregnant? What do I need to do? Am not looking forward to have a baby as of now.
She is facing problem from last many years but not yet prescribed to any doctor regarding her irregular periods and pain in lower stomach. After 5 6 days of her period cycle again bleeding occurs. Kindly prescribe me some medicine to get her cure.
For most people, the screen of a cell phone is the first thing they see in the morning and the last thing they see before going to bed. Nobody can deny the fact that living without a cell phone today is extremely difficult but must we be so glued to them? Staring into a phone or tablet screen, before going to sleep affects your sleep as well as impacts your health. Here's how:
- It is harder to fall asleep - We feel sleepy when the brain releases a hormone called melatonin. This release is determined by the body's circadian rhythm which is controlled by light exposure. The blue light of a cell phone screen interferes with this rhythm and tells the brain not to secrete melatonin. This makes it harder to fall asleep even after you have switched off your phone.
- It hampers the quality of your sleep - A direct effect of sleeping late is a reduced amount of sleep. On top, that, using a cell phone before going to bed also hampers the quality of your sleep. When an office email or a text message is the last thing you see before going to sleep, your brain cannot completely shut off. This makes you tense even in your sleep.
- It lowers your attention span - When you wake up from a restless night's sleep, your productivity suffers. Not getting enough sleep is known to hamper your decision-making skills, impairs both long term and short term memory and make you distracted. This leads to unnecessary stress and anxiety.
- It increases the risk of weight gain - The body is more likely to feel hungry when you don't have enough sleep. This is because sleep-deprived people have a lower metabolism. Thus using a cell phone before sleeping also increases your chances of snacking on something unhealthy to get through the day and in turn you put on weight.
- It weakens your immune system - The body's immune system produces antibodies that fight infections while we are asleep. Depriving the body of the sleep it needs weakens the immune system by not giving it enough time to build its forces. Not only does this increase the risk of falling ill it also slows down recovery from illnesses.
- It damages your skin - Sleeping late at night and not getting enough sleep can cause dark circles, puffy eyes and fine lines across the face. The blue light of a cell phone screen also tells the body to secrete cortisol which makes the skin less elastic and smooth.
Thus, even if you look at a phone screen for just five minutes every night before going to bed, the side effects last much longer and affect your mental and physical health as well as your looks.
If the egg is released on the ovulation period. Time span of the egg is 12 to 24 hours. After expired the egg is alive are not. And how much time to participate in sex to get pregnant. My mensuration cycle is 28 days. At which place the egg will be fertilized. My last period of first day is 25th Dec 2015. I am 23 years old, female. My last period of 1st day is 25th Dec 2016. We should plan for babies after 5 years. Unfortunately we participating sex (less than 5 minutes) on 17-jan 2017. After one day (Wednesday) I got a blood in the urine. Doctors said that it is a urine infection (hematuria. Is there any chances to get pregnant in this situation.
What is betel nut?
- Betel nut is the seed of a type of palm tree.
- It has a long history of being the being chewed for its mood-enhancing effects in many parts of Asia and the Pacific.
- Modern research shows many health risks associated with its use, including oral cancer, an incurable jaw disorder, and reproductive issues.
A deep red or purple smile is a common sight in many parts of Asia and the Pacific.
But what’s behind it?This red residue is the telltale sign of the betel nut, which is chewed by millions of people across the globe. In its most basic form, betel nut is a seed of the Areca catechu, a type of palm tree. It’s commonly chewed after being ground up or sliced and wrapped in leaves of the Piper betel vine that have been coated with lime. This is known as a betel quid. Tobacco or flavorful spices may also be added.
History of a habit
Betel nut has a long history in South and Southeast Asia and the Pacific Basin. In Guam and other Pacific islands, its use can be traced back as far as 2,000 years. A habit passed down through generations, chewing betel nut is a time-honored custom for 10–20 percent of the world’s population. Today, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that around 600 million people use some form of betel nut. It is one of the most popular psychoactive substances in the world, in fourth place after nicotine, alcohol, and caffeine. But while betel nut is an important cultural and social tradition in many countries, growing evidence points to serious health effects from regular use.
Oral cancer and other dangers
A study reports that betel nut users are at a higher risk for oral submucous fibrosis. This incurable condition can cause stiffness in the mouth and eventually the loss of jaw movement. Regular chewing of betel nut can also cause gum irritation and tooth decay. Teeth may become permanently stained deep red or even black.Betel nut may interact with other drugs or herbal supplements. It could cause toxic reactions in the body or reduce the effects of medications.
Medical conditions associated with betel nut use with tobacco:
- oral submucous fibrosis
- oral cancer
- reproductive issues, including low birth weight in newborns