Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Skin & Laser ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
There is nothing more exciting than getting inked. It is also one of the most dangerous things you can do to yourself. Not many people know that there is a real risk involved with tattoos – getting them as well as getting them removed.
We all know a tattoo can come with a real risk of blood-borne diseases and allergies, and a bad job by the tattoo artist. If the tattoo needle is not new and has been used on an infected person, you run a real risk of getting infected with herpes, tetanus, fungal infections, hepatitis and even HIV. The health risks of tattooing are not so well known in India but they are real.
But tattoo removal can be even more dangerous, time consuming and expensive than getting a tattoo. If you have outgrown your tattoo and want it removed, read this carefully to understand the process while keeping yourself safe.
Tattoo removal involves a process opposite to inking. It’s done using lasers. Pulses of light from the laser are directed onto the tattoo to break up the pigment which has been deposited in the dermis or deep layer of the skin during tattooing. This process breaks down the tattoo ink. Over weeks, the broken down ink gets absorbed by the body.
Different lasers are used to remove different types of tattoo ink and it’s usually the doctor doing the procedure who decides which laser to use.
Laser treatment differs from patient to patient based on the age, size, and type of tattoo. The colour of the patient's skin, as well as the depth of the tattoo pigment also influences the technique used for removal.
Lasers are not benign so your doctor must test the laser to check out the most effective energy for tattoo removal.
Laser consists of pulse of light. Smaller tattoo removal requires less pulse of light and bigger ones more pulses.
Sounds easy and painless, but it is not. The break down of the tattoo pigments takes weeks and repeated visits to the clinic. If the doctor removing your tattoo is not good, even the removal of a small tattoo can cause permanent scarring or discoloration of your skin. Parts of the body with thin skin (ankles, wrists, and spine) are more likely to scar than thicker- skinned areas. Other side effects are infections and hypo-pigmentation.
Even though doctors and laser practitioners claim more than 95% removal of tattoos is possible, the reality is that complete removal may never be possible.
So, if you find it impossible to live with your tattoo and a divorce is imminent, you should look for a real good dermatologist for laser removal of tattoos and not submit yourself to quacks.
Some people are lucky enough to get a dark spot in the exact place as Cindy Crawford's mole. For the not so lucky others, the only way out is to get rid of them. Zap it, buzz it and eliminate it permanently. One way to do it is with lasers. Laser is a focused beam of light that has just one colour. When directed towards a problem area on the skin, it destroys that particular pigment or tissue without affecting the surrounding areas. Laser is being used to treat brown spots, scars, unwanted hair follicles, and for tattoo removal. Lasers are also used to treat and remove brown and red spots, liver spots, age spots, sun spots, broken capillaries, birthmarks and angiomas.
Most women continue to lead a normal life with dark spots until they start feeling conscious about it. If dark spots are leading you to run from the sun and undervalue your looks, get them treated easily with laser.
- How to choose your practitioner?: When you consult a doctor for treatment, the only way to know if the doctor is right for you is by asking a lot of questions. Ask them about their training and their experience in treating particular types of spots. Another wise thing to check is the number of lasers the clinic has. Some small set ups have just one type of laser, which they recommend to all their patients. It is not just a question of experience and skill but also trust, which will ultimately help you choose the right doctor for your treatment. Also, you may be tempted to try a particular laser treatment since it worked wonders for your friend. Refrain from doing so.
- Types of laser treatment: Your type of treatment will typically be chosen depending on the severity of your dark spots - how dark they are, at what depth in the dermis do they occur, what amount of area they cover, and how old they are. The dermis is six layers deep, so the depth where the spots start can determine what laser your face will need in order to get rid of them. If your spot is fairly new and is only on the top layer, the doctor will start with the first level. Because laser can reach deep down in the dermis, it works where other treatments don't. The treatment does involve a degree of pain and sore skin, but it can yield good results if done right.
- Cost of laser treatment: Laser treatment will cost less than all the money you spend on over-the-counter skin lightening creams over years. It will also cost lesser than the amount of money you spend in buying high quality concealers over time. The cost will typically depend on the type of set up (spa or clinic) and the expertise of the practitioner.
People who have been using different kinds of skin care products have got a lot of misconceptions. Those misconceptions need to be removed otherwise you will never be able to choose the right skin care cosmetics for yourself.
6 top misconceptions about skin-care products
- Costly products are the best: There are many fellows who think that if the skin care products are costly, then they must be equipped with greater effectiveness. In fact, this is one of the leading reasons that most people are currently choosing only costly products without knowing that it can be one of the business strategies of the popular brands.
- Latest products are effective: Currently invented products are always good and this is quite an age-old conception, but this is not true at all. But nobody tries to understand the reality and rather goes by the trend in order to prove the myth to be true. As per the researchers, it has been found that there are many traditional products that are pretty good than the modern ones. But the young generation is not ready to accept this fact, and this is the reason they are suffering like anything.
- Younger look can be assured by creams: Only application of a fairness cream can give a fair complexion is a very wrong conception. Ageing effects can be definitely reduced to a great extent, but cannot be eliminated at all and this is a hardcore fact, whether you accept it or not. On the other hand, you have to choose only selective creams having vitamin-c serums, hydroxyl acids and others.
- Cosmetic companies make intricate researches: Though all reputed cosmetic companies say that they conduct researches intricately for making the creams more improved, but have you ever tried to know the reality? Nice packaging and great fragrance do not mean that the products are the outcome of deep researches.
- Organic creams are safe: Creams having natural ingredients are definitely safe, but how will you come to know that the mentioned ingredients have been added or not? If natural ingredients are good for skin, then you can try the homemade recipes. Hence, why purchase readymade creams having the same ingredients? The answers are still quite controversial and thus, people are pretty confused in taking their decisions.
- Cream is the easiest option: Even if creams are having all the necessary ingredients needed for skin health, still they neither compete nor can take the place of healthy foods in reality.
The market is replete with various facial scrubs that are favoured by men and women of all ages. These are especially helpful if you are facing dust and pollution every day, or are exposed to the sun for prolonged hours. Using facial scrubs is a form of exfoliation that helps in rubbing the granules on the skin so as to remove dead cells and give the skin a more supple tone. Yet, too much use of facial scrubs can also lead to a variety of skin troubles.
So, how can you tell, if you are overdoing our facial scrubbing routine?
- Redness and Peeling of the Skin: When you over exfoliate or use facial scrubs too often, you may find redness on your skin due to the constant abrasive action. Also, you may experience too much of skin peeling and flaking due to the same reason, instead of a mere clean up of the dead skin cells. In such cases, you will need to halt your process of constant buffing.
- Products with Green Tea Extracts: Using tea tree oil or green extracts can help in better exfoliation with a gentle action on your skin. This can soothe the skin and even prevent skin cancer, as per a variety of scientific and medical studies. Licorice root extract as well as cucumber based scrubs can also help in making the skin softer.
- Inflammation: Inflammation is another sign that you may be overdoing your facial scrubbing routine. You can use a scrub with Bisabolol, which usually comes from Chamomile. This can help in reducing inflammation due to constant exfoliation and facial scrubbing.
- Scrubbing Gear: Using a washcloth to clear away those dead skin cells or a scrubber or brush can turn out to be too harsh for your soft facial skin to handle. You must restrict the use of these tools to about once a week, so that your skin does not get too dehydrated or wear a scrubbed look which does not have a glow.
- Testing a New Product: Test a new scrub over a small patch of your skin before using it to watch out for tell tale signs like rashes or other eruptions. Also, when you are using a seed or dry fruits based scrub, you must limit the use and not rub it around the delicate areas of the eyes and mouth so that the skin does not get rubbed too much, which can leave it loose.
Using facial scrubs should be limited and used only when you feel like there is too much build up of dirt and grime.
The air is saturated with moisture during the rainy season. This makes the weather humid and everything else damp. This makes it an ideal breeding season for bacteria, viruses and fungi. Common problems of the season like water logging even deteriorate this situation further. Skin-related problems are on the rise during the monsoons, especially due to fungal infections.
Here is a list of a few fungal infections and how you should deal with them:
- Athlete's foot: This disease occurs if the feet are exposed to dirty water for a long time. The skin turns greenish with pus-filled scaly and itchy patches. You can treat this by using absorbent anti-bacterial and anti-fungal powder. Soaking your feet in vinegar or bleach solutions can be helpful for getting relief from Athlete's foot. It is also best to keep your feet dry all the time and carry a separate pair of shoes.
- Ringworm: Ringworm infection occurs in the shape of a ring on your neck, on the soles of your feet, in the armpits etc. It can be treated with anti-fungal powder or cream. Also, avoid scratching the infected area or wearing clothes made of synthetic material.
- Tinea capitis: This is a fungal infection on the scalp or in a beard (also called ringworm of scalp). It can be treated using anti-fungal shampoo containing ingredients like salicylic acid which exfoliates the skin and scrubs the infected cells off the scalp.
- Nail infection: Dirt and mud that accumulate under the nails lead to fungal infection in both the fingers and toes. Due to the humid weather during the monsoons, accumulation of sweat under the nails is also responsible for such infections. The preventive measure is to keep short nails and remove dirt from under the nails. Anti-fungal powder is a remedy for this too.
- Eczema: This is a chronic skin condition where itching and bleeding blisters and patches appear on the skin. The disease is often aggravated during the monsoons due to the damp weather. This can be treated by applying salt and magnesium on the affected areas of the skin. Coconut oil helps to provide relief from the itching and burning sensations. A great way to keep your skin safe from these infections is to use only soft cotton clothes during the monsoon season. Materials like silk, satin, polyester etc. irritate the skin and do not allow the pores to breathe, so they should be avoided.
Normally you shed 50 to 100 hairs all day but hair grows back all the time to cover for this loss. If you shed more than this then it may be a cause for worry. Hair fall can occur because of many factors. Here are six major causes of hair loss you need to know:
- Hereditary causes: Hair loss may be in your genes. Male/female pattern baldness is the main cause of hair fall in most individuals. Early hair thinning, brittle hair and shortening of hair in a pattern (forehead getting bigger, bald patches developing) are indicators of developing baldness.
- Hormonal Causes: Thyroid problems can cause extensive hair fall. Pregnancy can be another reason for hair loss as your normal hormonal cycles are affected in a big way.
- Medical conditions: Alopecia areata is a disease which causes patchy hair loss. The immune system attacks hairs, causing sudden hair loss leaving small bald patches on the scalp. Numerous scalp infections like cellulitis and ringworms cause hair loss, however, this is temporary and hair grows back after the disease is cured.
- Side effects of medicines: Hair loss can be caused by drugs used for cancer, depression, heart problems, high blood pressure and birth control. Too much of Vitamin A may also lead to hair loss.
- Exposure to the elements: Exposure to very dry and dusty weather causes an increase in the rate of hair loss. Therefore, it is imperative to take good care of hair before and after you go out in bad weather.
- Other causes: After radiotherapy, your hair may not grow back the same. Hair loss is caused due to many triggers like emotional shock, high fever allergies. Frequent and unmediated use of hair products and coloring agents also leads to hair loss. Poor nutrition and too much consumption of junk food can be other major causes of hair loss.
Hey I m bhavana age 25 from jhansi. I ask a question for good hairs. My hairs very rough, dry n getting white. What should I do.
I am 79 years old & for the past couple of years have observed some blemishes or Small dark spots, I have tried using Melalite 15 cream since I am quite fair skinned This is embarrassing. Can you suggest some thing? Or is this to do with old age. thanks.
I am suffering from heavy dandruff falling and loss of hairs, please suggest me the solution to completely eradicate the dandruff.
Sir, im krishank. Im suffering from huge hair fall since last month. Please help me out from this problem. Hope I will get a good response. Thank you.
My face becomes slightly thinner day by day. How should I take care of my face so it can glow properly?
My hair is falling very fastly and some hair are becoming white I loose daily about 30 to 40 hair and my hair become thin and weak also im 17 only.
Keeping your skin healthy and looking its best doesn't necessarily mean breaking the bank if you follow these practical tips from leading dermatologists:
Cleanse, treat, and prevent. Don't let a 12-hour period go by without using some sort of treatment or product on your skin (sunscreen counts).
Use sunscreen 365 days a year. This helps prevent sun damage that could lead to wrinkles, age spots, or even skin cancer.
Get the most from your body moisturizer. In the winter, apply it to damp skin as soon as you get out of the shower to lock in the moisture.
Consider using petroleum jelly. This common, inexpensive product has several uses for skin care including:
Moisturizing rough, cracked feet, elbows, and hands; dry cuticles and lips; and peeling nails;
Preventing chafing when running or biking;
Protecting kids' scrapes and bumps; and
Applying as a diaper ointment.
Use one or two skin care product lines at a time. Limiting product lines save money and storage space.
Remember, a more expensive skin care product is not necessarily more effective. Some brands contain fragrances that may lead to skin problems.
Consider dual-function products. Examples include a moisturizer plus sunscreen and a lip balm with sunscreen.
Get the most for your hard-earned money. When choosing anti-aging products, look for ingredients such as vitamin a and alpha hydroxy acid.