Doctor in Kalawati Ayurvedic Clinic & Research Centre
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Kalawati Ayurvedic Clinic & Research CentreYour feedback matters!
Spondylosis is a disease of the bone which involves wear and tear of the discs. The latter is the cushion between the joints of the neck and the neck bone. While it is mostly observed in aged people, it is not too uncommon among the youth as well. It can present with symptoms such as numbness, neck pain, headache, stiffness near the shoulder area etc. Ayurvedic treatment has been extremely promising in treating both cervical and lumbar spondylosis.
- The food connection: Ayurveda states that there is a close connection between Spondylosis and food. In Ayurvedic terms, an increase of Vata Dosha can lead to the problem of Spondylosis. For instance, consumption of frozen or processed food, sodas, junk food, low consumption of water, excess consumption of curried food heighten the chances of Spondylosis.
- Habits matter: As per the books of the Ayurveda, a reckless lifestyle increases the chances of Spondylosis. Habits such as day sleep, regular walking for a long distance, urging the suppression, rigorous exercise daily, work that involves bearing of weight on the neck, head and shoulder, night awakening etc. can wreak havoc and result in Spondylosis. On the other hand, healthy lifestyle changes can help a person refrain from this condition.
- Psychological Factors: Ayurveda states that even psychological factors can go a long way in making a person suffer from Spondylosis. Certain factors such as excess stress, loss of interest in day to day work, fear of failure, feeling of frustration, too much anger, grief resulting from personal loss etc. play a major role in Spondylosis.
Visible Symptoms of Spondylosis:
Some medical symptoms that can be easily identified as the signs of Spondylosis include fatigue, pain in the arm, shoulder and forearm, difficulty in functions pertaining to neck rotation, extension, joint stiffness, muscular spasm, headache, weakness in the arm, difficulty in movement, difficulty in muscle coordination etc.
Some ayurvedic treatments to deal with Spondylosis
- Mild Purgation- When milk, castor oil and Aragwadha phala majja are mixed together and applied to the neck area, the pain can be curtailed and gradual improvement is seen in a Spondylosis patient.
- Greeva Basti- A compound created with Bala Ashwagandhadi oil, Medicated oil and black gram paste is applied on the affected area. Regular application of this can regenerate the muscle bone and reverse Spondylosis to a considerable extent.
Ayurvedic Herbs For Spondylosis
Some ayurvedic herbs are known to be extremely beneficial for treating Spondylosis. When these are consumed or applied on the affected area, they can fetch surprising result for a Spondylosis patient. Some of these herbs include Prishniparni (Uraria picta), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Guggulu (Commiphora mukul), Shunthi (Ginger), Bala (Sida cardifolia), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Gambhari (Gmelina arborea), Shallaki (Boswelia serrata), Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata), Castor root (Ricinus communis) etc.
Skin inflammations can be extremely annoying. Whether it is pimples, zits or other problems, it is sure to make your life one complicated ordeal. The first thing that will happen is that you will not have the will to step out of your home because of the embarrassment. Furthermore, boils, unlike other skin issues, hamper your looks as well as cause irritations like scratches and burns. If you feel that you could ditch traditional medication and then go on to take the all-out natural route, Ayurveda is just the right option for you.
But before you go ahead and begin treating the boils, identify, or at least try to alleviate the underlying causes.
- Become more active and don’t laze around
- Fix your diet and leave out the spicy stuff
- Drink lots of water as it will flush out the toxins and keep you hydrated
- Incorporate an exercise regime with emphasis on cardio
- Avoid the sun as it can aggravate the problem
Apart from these pragmatic lifestyle related changes, you also ought to pursue proper ayurveda treatments that can begin to reduce and ultimately eliminate the boils.
- A few drops of castor oil, when put on a piece of cotton and dabbed on the skin, will work wonders. You have to take care however not to rub it too hard. You don’t want to cause any added untoward damage to the already delicate spot.
- Among nature’s most effective and widely accepted ingredients is turmeric, which, in conjunction with a few drops of lukewarm water, can form quite an effective anti-boil remedy. Even with this one, it is essential to be extremely gentle and not be rough on the skin.
- The kitchen is the main place where you will get most of your ayurveda or natural ingredients. The juice from garlic and onion, used singularly or together, can work wonders.
- Leaves, whether it is beetle nut or ‘neem’, will help you to a great extent. Extract their juices and apply it so that the annoying boils can be shown the door sooner than they came in.
All these remedies are equally effective, and the dosage will depend upon the size of the boil. In order to get the best results, use moderately-sized mixtures and apply them at intervals of 4-5 hours so that they heal faster. As a word of caution, it is best to avoid sugar-laden food and all sorts of aerated drinks. For more information, you must consult an ayurvedic practitioner near you.
Psoriasis is a chronic dermatosis characterised by an unpredictable course of remission & relapse. It is a non-infectious skin disease characterised by scaly, silvery patches mainly on the scalp and exterior surface of the body. Its exact cause is unknown. In Ayurveda, it closely resembles with 'ekakushta'. The features of 'ekakushta' in ayurveda resembles the symptoms of psoriasis. Psoriasis is the challenge for modern science. There is no definite treatment for psoriasis in modern science till today. The drug available in the market uses to treat psoriasis are not very effective and have local and systemic effects.
In ayurveda, vata pitta and kapha dosha is the main contributory factor for the disease. Due to vitiation of three dosha, the disease manifest and main line of treatment for psoriasis is panchkarma and internal medicine. It is considering the best approach for skin disorder in ayurveda. A case report of 42-year old male, presented with well demarcated red scaly, silvery patches mainly on both legs, hands, scalp, chest and back with itching, and also nail and joint involvement has been presented in this article.
Etiology of Psoriasis:
Unknown but many factors have been associated-
Genetic: may be autosomal dominant
Triggers: physical trauma, infection and drugs.
Biochemical change: like increase level of arachidonic acid and Cgmp.
Roughly, 1% of population is affected. Can occur at any age and affected both the sexes. Most patients as worse in winters.around 7 million people are affected in developed country.
Increased epidermal cell proliferation.
Retention of nuclei in stratum corneum.
Proliferation of fibroblast.
Dilated and tortous capillary loops.
Shortened epidermal turnover time from normal of 60 to 10 days.
Clinical features: Usually chronic indolent lesions which persist for month. Lesions are mildly papule or plaque.erthematous plaque lesions with characteristic slivery, large, loose scales. The patients of psoriasis may also suffer from depression and low self-esteem.
In a patients with psoriasis always check for nail and joint involvement.
Nail: 10 to 15% of the patients have nail involvement. Pitting, nail plate thickening, subungual debris, discolouration of nail plate and oil spot seen in the nails.
Joints: 10% patients have joint involvement.
Sites: Scalp, pressor points & extensor. Sometimes generalised.
Chronic recurrent psoriasis is difficult to treat. Modern science treat with PUVA and corticosteroids but these drugs having local and systemic side effects like liver and kidney failure etc. So, it is the time to find out the effective and safe treatment for Psoriasis. Medicines which are used in ayurveda are safe and practised since many years. A huge numbers of drugs are prescribed in ayurveda for the treatment of kushta.
Case details: A 42-year old male patient, hindu brahman by religion, presented on 10 april 2016 with well demarcated raised red scaly, silvery patches on chest, back and both legs and hands. He complained of itching all over the body and on scraping, white powder-like substances fall down and leaves a bleedy surface. On history, patients had complaints since 20 years and diagnosis of psoriasis by allopathic physician. Since 20 years he has been taking allopathy and homoepathy patients from various practitioners of U.P and Delhi. He is Brahman and lives in well-known temple of delhi and visit homes of peoples for religious ceremony. He is afraid that if the disease is spreading continously, then he is unable to work as priest because people neglect him due to disease. The disease is spreading all over his body and also involves nail and joint. Destruction of nail plates of hand and legs was also developed. For this, patients took allopathic treatment for such a long time but do not get relief.
The patients visit our clinic for the first time. He told use that his problem not solves since 20 years and spreading continuously. So, he is unable to trust us. So, we first give him counselling because reassurance and emotional support are invaluable. Physical and mental rest enhance the effects of the treatment. It is also important to tell him that the disease is not contagious and is benign.
SYMPTOMS OF THE PATIENTS :
Itching all over body
Silvery patches, especially, on legs, chest, back but now spreading in his hand and scalp.
Destruction of nail plates
Swelling in right middle metatarsal phalangeal joint and pain
Some blood test of the patients were done like CBC, LFT, KFT, SR, URIC ACID to assess outcome.
His general health was good and both physical and all blood test was within the normal limits. The patients are advised to opt panchakarma therapy, specifically 'Raktmokshan'. Raktmokshan has two type - Leech therapy and Siravedh (bloodletting through veins puncture). Raktmokshan can cure psoriasis very quickly as compared to other Ayurvedic remedies.
Leech Therapy: Leech therapy has shown drastic result in patients with eczema, psoriasis and all other types of skin infections. Leeches are 'worms' with suckers on each end. According to Ayurveda, Leech at first bite only sucks impure blood from the skin and only the pure blood is left so it is a blood purification therapy. Later, when it starts sucking pure blood, the patient feels pain. Raktamokshana can be done in four different ways:-
Raktmokshan is a curative therapy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Rheumatoid Arthritis or RA has surfaced as one of the most common types of artists amongst the citizens of the world. What sets it apart from the other types of arthritis is its unique characteristics of maintaining symmetry. In case you are affected with rheumatoid arthritis in your left wrist, your right wrist will also get affected. The same goes for your knees or other joints of the body. In case you suspect that you have Rheumatism, visit an Ayurvedic doctor immediately for best consultation and treatment.
Why See an Ayurvedic Specialist?
The condition might get severe, if not treated in time and might end up affecting your lungs, heart, eyes, skin, nerves and also your blood. One of the best ways to treat rheumatism is by appointing natural and effective treatment processes offered by Ayurveda. Ayurvedic doctors are experienced in treating health conditions, such as rheumatism with their natural medicines and advanced treatments that include no side effects.
Symptoms of Rheumatism:
Rheumatism as a disease, which may sometimes be unpredictable or untraceable. The main reason to this can be its inactive nature in some patients. In some cases, for a long period, it does not make its presence felt, and when it does, it does with a bang. Some of the most common symptoms of Rheumatism are
- Stiffness in joints: Joints affected by rheumatism become stiff and less flexible than before or not flexible at all. They become restricted in their movements, and the condition starts affecting both sides of your body.
- Inflammation or swelling in joints: Inflammation is another symbol of Rheumatism. This is mainly swelling that happens due to some fluid entering the joints and puffing it up.
- Redness in the area with constant warmth: When joints are affected by rheumatism, the skin of the affected area often becomes red and is constantly hot, in comparison to the skin around that affected area.
- Pain in that area: The swelling and the uncontrolled inflammation of the joints leads to pain in the same which sometimes may become unbearable and also movement restricting.
- Other side effects: It may include, fatigue, nausea, weight loss, and rising temperature. Now that you are aware of the symptoms of rheumatism, in case you notice any of these symbols in your day to day life, it is imperative that you consult an Ayurvedic specialist immediately.
Ayurvedic principles and rheumatism:
While surgery and other medication can be considered optional for treating rheumatism, it does not guarantee a complete cure. Ayurveda, on the other hand, proposes complete and natural cure for the condition, without posing the threat of recurrence of rheumatism or any other kind of side effects. Some of the medicines and herbs, used in Ayurveda to treat rheumatism are
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Although this disorder has been present among people since the inception of mankind, the rate of increase among the number of patients in recent years is alarming to say the least. The primary culprits are lifestyle issues such as bad diet, lack of physical exercise and stress. However, some people are genetically predisposed to it as well. Diabetes is a silent killer as complications caused by it are one of the largest killers on the planet.
The Ayurvedic route
Ayurveda has a long history of successfully dealing with this scourge dating back thousands of years. Diabetes is known as ‘Madhumeha’ and is often classified as ‘Maharoga’ as it causes multiple complications. The Ayurvedic route has many facets such as exercises, filtering toxins and balancing the ‘doshas’ through diet and herbs to control the effects of diabetes. Let’s look at some of the remedies for controlling and correcting symptoms of diabetes in Ayurveda.
- Diet: This is one of the most important changes that you need to make in your life to control symptoms of diabetes. Certain food types are an absolute no-no in Ayurveda if you have diabetes while certain other types of food are encouraged as they help keep it in control.
- Food types encouraged in Ayurveda: Amla, bitter gourd, fenugreek seeds (methi), spinach, jamun, drumsticks, garlic, turmeric, snake gourd, barley, wheat, tulsi, pepper, soya bean, cucumber and bel (Indian Bael) among others
- Food types discouraged in Ayurveda: Processed sugar or any food that contains a high amount of it, unrefined sugar in large quantities, sugar cane juice, oil, jaggery, ghee, cakes, alcohol, foods rich in carbohydrates such as rice or rotis in excess quantities, curd, junk and oily foods, butter, cold drinks and sweets among others
- Home Remedies and herbs: Ayurveda prescribes many forms of juices and concoctions which can be easily prepared at home to control blood sugar levels and also limit the symptoms. Some of the herbs and preparations used in the treatment of diabetes are mentioned below.
- Bitter gourd juice or Karela taken early in the morning
- A mixture of aloe vera gel and ground bay leaf (tez patta)
- Banyan tree bark prepared in boiled water
- Cinnamon powder boiled in water
- Neem, turmeric and tulsi preparations
- Yoga and exercises: Exercising and ensuring that the metabolism is kept active to check blood sugar levels is of utmost importance when you are diabetic. Yoga is one of the best methods to accomplish this. In general, light walking is prescribed but there are certain yoga poses which are especially beneficial for diabetes. Some of these are:
- Shalabhasana or the locust pose
- Ardha matsyendrasana or the half spinal twist pose
- Peacock pose or Mayurasana
- Katichakrasana or the waist rotating pose
- Naddishuddhi Pranayama
- Surya namaskar among others
However, it is important that you are proficient in the easier forms of yoga first and then have proper instruction before you try the harder poses.
The onset of winter brings with it chilly and dry winds. For some, it’s the time to enjoy the chill weather with hot water baths and soothing drinks, and for others it’s time to brave the long persistent cold and flu like symptoms which cause sickness and discomfort.
People who are allergic to the winter season can catch a cold on the slightest exposure to cold air. Sometimes, it’s difficult to ascertain whether it is cold or an external allergen. In people prone to winter allergies, the allergies are mainly caused due to the allergens present in the environment. Mostly, winter allergies are also caused by the same allergens that are triggered in the summer season.
Thus, people who have some or the other form of seasonal allergy is likely to suffer from allergies as the season changes.
- Pet dander (flakes of skin in an animal's fur or hair) allergies are believed to escalate in winter since pets are mostly indoors during this season. The best way to deal with this is keeping the pet’s area clean and dry, washing and changing of the bedding regularly, and avoiding physical contact as much as possible.
- Dampness of clothes, blankets and shoes at home can be an allergy trigger for many people. The best way to control this type of allergy is to keep damp clothes and shoes in sun for some time. However, this may not work in many countries with extreme cold climates, which lack sunshine in their environment.
- Decaying leaves and other yard waste can cause allergies due to mould and mildew. Mopping and sweeping the floors and garden can help alleviate the problem to some extent.
- Dry climate can cause irritation in the nose and throat. It’s important to replenish the body with adequate liquids and water rich fruits and veggies. It’s important to choose your drinks wisely. Too much tea or coffee can also dehydrate the body. Go for ginger lemon honey infused in warm water for best results.
- Allergy symptoms can also be caused due to too much moisture in the environment. It can give rise to a stuffy or runny nose, sneezing and coughing. Thus it’s best to avoid sitting in a moist environment for long.
- Sinus congestions are also common during the winter season. Steam inhalation and hot showers can help relieve the symptoms and provide relief.
Whether you are allergic to pets, moisture, dampness, dry weather or chilled winds, the thumb rule is twofold—to understand what triggers your allergies and to avoid your exposure to those allergens. As we all know, allergies have no cure and they need to be managed. Drugs also help in controlling the allergy symptoms to some extent. However, it’s best to prevent them as far as possible.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
With any fertility treatment, a failure is possible due to several reasons. Most couples are having a problem while conceiving a baby and seek various fertility treatments with hope. When things happen otherwise, and the treatment fails, they miserably suffer.
What is IVF?
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a fertility treatment where eggs are removed from the woman’s ovary and fertilized with retrieved sperms in a laboratory dish. The embryo is then transferred to the woman’s uterus. The treatment is said to have a success rate of 40 percent; which means that it can fail in 60 percent cases.
So, why does the treatment fail?
Can it possibly fail ?
Though the success of IVF depends on certain predominant factors like age and overall health, there are two common reasons behind a failure of IVF, and they are:
An abnormal embryo- The most prevalent reason for a failed IVF is an abnormal or incompetent embryo. In most cases, this is due to an irregular number of chromosomes (aneuploidy) in the embryo. This might be because of an abnormal egg or abnormal sperm or when both gametes are abnormal.
Implantation failure- An underlying implantation dysfunction may prevent the embryo from attaching to the lining of the uterus. When the thickness of the endometrium is thin (less than 9 mm) at the time of progesterone administration, the implantation may fail. Implantation may fail due to surface lesions in the uterine cavity (due to scarring, polyps, or uterine fibroids) as well.
Other reasons are poor ovarian response and pre-treatment stress.
Make IVF a success with Ayurveda
Ayurveda, the ancient system of healing, appropriately prepares you well-ahead of an IVF treatment. The three key aspects of this treatment are – Detoxification, Nourishment, and Lifestyle changes.
The success of IVF is largely dependent on healthy eggs and sperms and a proper implantation of the embryo. Thus, as the first step, Ayurveda suggests that the couple are to be cleansed with Pancha Karma treatment before conception. Known as Beejshuddhi and Sthanshuddhi, the detoxification procedure purifies ovum, sperms, and uterus.
Along with these, other Pancha Karma procedures like Basti, Uttarbasti, Yoniprakshalana, Vamana, and Virechana are performed to improve the health of reproductive organs. Shirodhara helps in reducing the stress levels of the couple.
Diet is an inherent component of Ayurveda treatment. Hence, a diet that increases fertility is advised to the couple. The couple is advised to stay away from certain foods as well.
The fertility diet includes fresh and organic fruits and vegetables, whole grains, dairy proteins, Moong dal, soaked almonds and walnuts, dried fruits like figs, dates, and raisins, ajwain seeds, cumin seeds, and turmeric.
You should refrain yourself from spicy and salty foods and that containing artificial sweeteners, high-fat food, caffeine, alcohol, and excessive meat. Apart from the diet, certain Ayurvedic herbs are prescribed that strengthens the reproductive organs and improve immunity.
Infertility has become one of the lifestyle diseases. Ayurveda insists that healthy lifestyle is essential to conceive a baby. According to your body constitution, an Ayurvedic expert can guide you to make lifestyle modifications with Dinacharya and Rutucharya. Also, you must ensure adequate sleep and practice yoga (Surya Namaskar, Sarvangasana, Dhanurasana, Shalabasana, and Pranayama) regularly.
When IVF treatment is failing frequently, you tend to lose hope. However, with Ayurveda, there is definitely hope for success in conception. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Are you looking for a natural and effective treatment for hair fall and premature graying of your hair? You should consider Ayurveda for dealing with these conditions without the fear of harmful side effects on your body. Hair fall refers to the condition in which excessive hair loss is experienced from your scalp. According to Ayurveda, these conditions are said to arise from ‘pitta dosha’ imbalances. The continuous disturbance of pitta can lead to hair loss and graying of hair. Consuming substances that enhance your pitta dosha results in premature gray hair. There are various Ayurvedic remedies for dealing with these conditions. The most important ones are as follows:
- Panchakarma therapies such as Nasya, Virechana, and Shirodhara are effective for dealing with gray hair.
- Virechana helps in balancing your vitiated pitta diosha.
- Shirodhara using certain medicated oils also helps in reducing hair fall and hair graying.
- You should use neem, shadbindu, and yashtimadhu oil for Nasya.
- Regular hair massage using til oil that is made of amla and neem is essential for hair loss prevention.
- You may apply ghee at the bottom of your feet with a bronze vessel before going to sleep. This is useful in converting your gray hair to black.
- You have to avoid oily, spicy, and heavy food, along with coffee and tea.
- Keep away from refined foods, junk food, carbonated drinks, alcohol.
- Increase your intake of fresh fruits, vegetables.
- You should prepare and drink a vegetable juice from lettuce, capsicum, alfalfa, and carrot.
- Massaging your scalp is ideal for maintaining healthy hair, and preventing hair fall.
- While massaging, the thumbs should be placed at the back of your ears, and the scalp should be rotated under your fingertips. Your scalp has to be moved along with your fingers.
- After this, you should apply pressure against your scalp with your palms.
- This is important for proper blood circulation, and the blood supply to your hair roots gets increased.
- It is considered that the nerve endings present under your fingernails are connected to the roots of your hair.
- Rubbing your nails against each other helps in improving the blood circulation on your scalp.
- The Prasanna mudra involves keeping hand near on your chest and rubbing your nails of eight fingers against one another for about 10 minutes. This should be undertaken regularly for 30 days. This helps in slowing down hair fall, reduces gray hair, and split ends.
Ageing is a process which is not always kind to people. One of the things which occurs along with ageing is cervical spondylosis, which causes extreme pain and stiffness of muscles. Although it may be an excruciating thing to have, it really does not mean that it cannot be treated, especially with herbal medicine.
In a lot of cases, cervical spondylosis (sometimes referred to as neck arthritis or cervical osteoarthritis) ends up being related to a neck injury that was suffered by a person and it gets progressively worse as he or she gets older. It is a condition in which there is a degradation of the joints of either two or more vertebrae.
To say that herbal remedies can go a long way when it comes to an issue such as cervical spondylosis is an understatement. Take a look at Ayurveda, the ancient, yet super effective body of medicine.
- Triphla: To start with, there is triphala, which is a herb. Take triphala powder, mix it in a glass of milk and have it. Do ensure that the milk is warm as triphala may not have its intended effect, if the case is otherwise.
- Gugglu: Simbananda Guggulu, which is the resin extract of the Guggulu plant, is considered an effective medicine.
- Aloe vera: Aloe Vera or Kumari Saar, as referred to in the Ayurvedic terms, is known to be a wonder plant and there is a good set of reasons as to why it has earned this reputation for itself. One of the reasons is surely the potential of its juice to help with treating cervical spondylosis.
Ayurveda requires general changes in a person’s diet and the way he or she lives life, as well. For this reason, when a person is looking to get rid of cervical spondylosis, it is important to stay away from eating fried food or food that is either sour or bitter. Relief from cervical spondylosis can be as easy as popping a medicine in capsule form a few times a day!
Make sure you visit a qualified doctor before you consume any of these medicines. It is to be kept in mind that a doctor should prescribe the dosage of medicines and the duration of the treatment for cervical spondylosis and only after this is done should you undergo the treatment. Soon you can look forward to living a higher quality of life with lesser pain.
Ayurveda provides permanent cure for this ailment. The treatment includes external therapies like greeva basti, abhyangam, kizhi etc. Along with some therapeutic diet and regimen and internal medication. Therefore, cervical spondylitis is completely curable with ayurveda.