Critical Care Procedures
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Quit Smoking Techniques
Psychotherapy For Couples
Manual Therapy Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Anger Management Therapy
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Psychoanalysis for Suicide
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Psychoanalysis for Mourning
Submit a review for Fortis Escorts HospitalYour feedback matters!
Is depression eating you up from within? Are you facing severe emotional meltdown? Emotional disturbances can ruin your life and this is why you have to look for the best preventive ways. You can have a consultation with any counsellor so that you can share your problems. Your counsellor will definitely help you to get some potential way out.
Best ways for preventing emotional meltdown:
- Detecting the signs: The actual signs of emotional meltdown need to be detected and then only you can get rid of the same. Both your facial expressions and behavioural changes are to be observed carefully as these will help you to detect the signs. If you are remaining silent for most of the times, then there is something going on in your mind for sure.
- Early intervention: You should rely on your intuition or sixth sense so that you can sense the troubles you are going to face. You should have a good observation power so that you can sense things easily. Remain quiet and calm so that you can take the right decisions.
- Living well: You need to choose a completely healthy way of living, otherwise you will never get freedom from emotional troubles. Do not think much about past incidents, rather you should look forward so that you can go ahead. You should develop only positive mentality in order to discharge your duties in a perfect manner. Remain happy and keep everybody happy and then only you will be able to get the actual essence of life. Healthy eating and good habits are also needed so that your life can become more lively and refreshing.
- Have proper communication: If you think that your friends or family members are pretty reliable, then you can openly communicate with them. This would help you to get mental relief and relaxation. If you open up your emotions and share them with anybody, then you will feel relaxed and your mind will be calm at all times.
- Have counselling: It is not always possible to share all your secrets with your loved ones and this is the reason you have to look for the most reliable option. You can go for thorough counselling, and this can help you to get rid of depressing thoughts and other mental troubles. In this case, you have to look for the best counsellor in your locality so that you can disclose all your hidden secrets. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Asperger's syndrome has been found to affect people at a tender age. The augmented impacts of this syndrome are felt as you grow up. It is a neurological disorder falling under the scope of Autistic Spectrum Disorders. However, it is a milder form of autism and has similarly unidentifiable causes. A person afflicted with Asperger's syndrome will not exhibit stark signs of the disorder. These persons are usually smart and brilliant but face issues in communicating or interacting socially.
Factors that may result in this disorder:
- Genetic factors could also afflict you with such a syndrome. Thus, it is important to carry your family history while consulting a doctor.
- Certain changes in a person's brain could create trouble.
- Your body could be susceptible to external toxins: many times bacteria and viruses from a polluted environment can lead you to such a serious neurological condition.
Ways to diagnose Asperger's syndrome:
- A doctor would concentrate on your child's speech: Language development can hint at many underlying health issues. Your child might fail to process speech around him or her which impairs its own speech.
- Exchanges in a social setup could be indicative of something: Children or adults could find social gatherings challenging. They feel awkward to interact with friends, relatives and colleagues. It takes a lot of effort on their part to exchange basic pleasantries. A doctor will be able to deduce from such symptoms.
- Facial expressions while conversing could help diagnosis: A person's facial expressions tell a lot about how they formulate or feel about things. Their words, at the same time, could be contrary. Counselors lay stress on frequent sittings to closely note the gestures made by a patient.
- Comprehension and coordination capabilities: Your child or loved one might find it difficult to handle motor regulated appliances. Comprehending instructions could also be a test. People suffering from Asperger's syndrome face problems in understanding simple things.
- Responding to change will also be taken into consideration: Patients trying to cope with this syndrome are usually not open to change. They take a very long time to adapt to a given way of life; a sudden change will thwart their idea of normalcy.
Cananbis Sativa is a hemp plant, which creates a variety of drugs including marijuana. This plant has an active ingredient known as THC that makes a person feel high upon ingestion. The compounds of this ingredient can also affect the way a person's body functions. Usually, high doses of this can cause potentially life threatening effects on the person. It is mostly ingested in the form of dried leaves, flowers, stems and seeds. People also mix it in vapourisers, or brew it as tea. It may also be baked as cookies.
While the physical side effects are many, smoking or ingesting this substance can also lead to many mental side effects. Let us find out more:
- Physical Side Effects: As per various medical studies, the inhalation or ingestion of Cannabis can take your heart rate to an increased level of two times its normal rate. This state can last up to three hours. Also, people who have had very high doses or suffer from this increased heart rate for a prolonged period may die due to a sudden cardiac arrest. Dizziness and shallow breathing are also a part of the side effects while dilated pupils and red eyes may also be seen. Further, a sudden spike in one's appetite and a dry mouth are some of the other side effects.
- Cravings: A person who has ingested Cannabis may experience many side effects that are on the mental and emotional side. The more mild side effects include the experience of cravings for certain types of food, as well as an increase in one's appetite where the person does not manage to keep track of what he or she is eating, and in what quantity. Also, sleeplessness and irritability may set in.
- Mind and Mood Changes: After Cannabis ingestion, the person may feel extremely happy or extremely sad. Either which ways, the patient will feel a sense of detachment as far as reality goes. While he or she may not be acutely aware of the same, the people around the patient will be able to sense this with the words and actions of the person. The patient may also experience a distorted sense of time and motion, while depression and anxiety may also set in with prolonged abuse of this drug. Short term memory impairment may also take place, which can lead to forgetfulness regarding important details. Also, random thinking and strange fears may begin to plague the person in question.
It is really important to enlighten yourself with the meaning of the word 'cannabis'. Cannabis Sativa is a kind of hemp plant from which you derive hash, hash oil and marijuana. Cannabis is popularly known by a litany of street names like weed, pot, grass, homegrown or even ganja. Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC is a chief chemical present in the plant. This chemical has the potential to alter the way you think, feel or work and hence there is a need to know its link with psychosis. Psychosis on the other hand aims to explain mental conditions felt by a person. In most cases a stark departure from reality is noticed which is usually the case after consuming cannabis as well.
Psychotic effects of Cannabis:
- Irregular sleep patterns: The effect of Marijuana or hash can upset your sleep patterns. A check has to be exercised therefore. It can make you feel too tired and exhausted to rest for long hours.
- Increased anxiety: Many times, the hemp plant has been found to play up with your coping skills. You might feel anxious at the drop of a hat. Anxiety takes a toll on mental peace and affects your physical health.
- Problem in thinking clearly: Under the effect of Cannabis, you tend to live in a parallel universe. Your mind makes up imaginary situations thinking it to be real. This muddles up your capability to think clearly.
- Lack of innovation: Continuous consumption of the drug can also make a person repetitive; you stop conceiving new ideas.
- Reduced confidence: Studies show how you can become very nervous due to the effects of cannabis.
- Reticence: Communication can be a problem if you have been using the plant for a long time. You tend to bottle up your emotions and also your fears.
- Paranoia and suspiciousness: You might even grow suspicious of people you trusted all along. Friends, relatives, parents are doubted. Obsession with the slightest of things is also a resultant effect.
- Delusions and Hallucinations: Being 'high' is a positive effect as it helps you to relax, but if unhindered it could lead to serious hallucinations. Your existence in a hallucinated world can even turn fatal in some cases.
Here are some tips on how to deal with obsessive compulsive disorder
Schizophrenia is a complex disorder that includes delusions, loss of personality, confusion, aggression, social withdrawal and mystic behavior. People suffering from schizophrenia may apparently hear voices or tend to feel that others are controlling their minds, their thoughts or plotting against them.
Schizophrenia can be hereditary. But the condition cannot be predicted except in the case of strong family history. Also, while prediction of Schizophrenia is difficult, its prevention is no easy. It cannot be prevented except where it occurs due to drug abuse like cannabis. Also, prevention can only be talked about in first episode cases and the best way to prevent is to take medicines properly.
Three ways to keep Schizophrenia at bay:
1. Socializing and meeting people - Socializing helps you build up a high self-esteem, lowers stress and keeps you busy and distracted. It is important to connect with friends to avoid isolation.
2. Exercise and Diet - Exercise and intake of high nutrition diet are important to take care of your body. Fish oil has omega 3 fatty acids that can prevent psychotic disorders from getting worse. Consumption of these types of foods can prove to be beneficial in preventing the disorder.
3. Timely consultation - Consulting a psychiatrist if you have any symptoms, like suspicious feelings or unusual thoughts is an essential step to regulate the condition before it fully develops.
Related Tip: Do You Know about Conversion Disorder?
Dementia is a disorder characterized by a decline in mental capabilities in a person. It is primarily caused by Alzheimer's disease but can also be caused by damage to the brain from an injury or a stroke. The cells of the brain fail to communicate with each other in dementia. People suffering from dementia have difficulties in taking part in regular activities as their mental functioning is impaired.
The major symptoms of dementia are problems in recalling, ineffective communication, inability to concentrate and impaired reasoning abilities. It may also affect the short-term memory of a person when he/she may be unable to keep track of his/her belongings. Dementia can be progressive where the symptoms gradually increase with age.
Some early symptoms of dementia are-
1. Mood changes - Excessive mood swings along with changes in personality are very common symptoms of dementia. For instance- a reserved person suddenly becoming very outgoing is a commonly observed change in cases of dementia.
2. Problems in completing routine tasks - If a person suddenly starts to face problems in doing routine work such as maintaining simple accounts and paying bills then it can early signs of dementia.
3. Confusion - When a person starts to get confused in remembering small details and recognizing faces, it could point towards dementia.
4. Repetition - Dementia causes people to repeat words they have just said as the short term memory gets impaired. It also causes people to repeat small tasks a multiple number of times.
5. Losing interest - A person may start to lose interest in regular activities and avoid them altogether. They may appear devoid of emotions and not engage socially.
6. Communication - People fail to communicate effectively as they may be unable to express their thoughts clearly. They may also fail to understand when others communicate with them.
7. Impaired sense of direction - A person may fail to recognize places and wander around. He/she will face problems in going to places or in remembering places.