Doctor in Faridabad Medical Centre
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Management of Weight Loss
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Faridabad Medical CentreYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
An awesome experience and lovely talking .she is very good with Knowledge and give proper advice without greed and utmost humbleness.thank you doctor i started following your advice .
Iodine deficiency is a very common problem worldwide and is a major cause of thyroid disorders. The entire mechanism of how deficiency of iodine causes hypothyroidism is a complex explanation. So we will stick to layman terms and keep it simple. Deficiency of iodine causes a range of diseases which, altogether are termed as iodine deficiency diseases.
When an individual does not receive enough iodine, the thyroid gland increases in size because the thyroid is unable to make enough hormones that are necessary for the body. This causes the development of a condition called goitre. Iodine deficiency in pregnant and lactating women is a serious concern because it is the most popular cause of preventable mental retardation.
There can be situations where a person might not be getting adequate iodine, but may not show any symptoms of iodine deficiency. The easiest way to know if a person has iodine deficiency is to get a urine test done or a blood test done to check the level of iodine in the body. Thyroid is a very important gland and is responsible for the following:
- Controlling the metabolic rate
- Boosting synthesis of proteins
- Regulating blood flow and heart rate
- Promoting brain development and linear growth in children
- Helping in normal reproductive functioning in adults
- You feel lethargic and tired most of the times and suffer from weakness constantly (due to reduced metabolic rates).
- You may start feeling cold, even when it is visibly warm for the others around you.
- You may have difficulty in concentrating and might have a poor memory (due to slowed down mental processes)
- You may experience unusual weight gain.
- You may become more prone to depressive periods.
- You may notice your skin becoming thick and puffy or your face becoming puffier than usual.
- You may suffer from hair loss.
- You may start having frequent problems of constipation.
- Your skin might feel really dry.
- You might feel your heart beating slower.
- Visible signs would include enlargement of the chin and neck area (caused due to enlargement of your thyroid gland).
With proper treatment and change in diet, iodine deficiency disorders can be prevented with ease. For a better diagnosis, you must consult an experienced medical practitioner and follow his suggestions for improving the iodine levels in your body.
It is often difficult for most of us to make your kids eat healthy food and keeping them away from junk and unhealthy food is a much bigger task. It is always easy for them to finish off a packet of chips than a cup of vegetables or fruits. Read on to know some of the healthiest foods that your kid should be biting into.
- Dairy products: These are a great source of proteins, calcium, potassium, magnesium, and other minerals. In addition, yogurt provides good bacteria. Milk and yogurt can also be included into smoothies which will also give them a blend of some fruits. Butter can be used in toasts and sandwiches as these foods are loved by children. You can replace plain milk with milkshakes, they are tastier and the children love them.
- Soups: These are another great source of nutrition, be it chicken or vegetables. They can be a good evening snack and not just prevent the evening hunger pangs but also come packed with a good amount of nutrition and hydration.
- Fruits: Each fruit contains different ingredients. Pick fresh seasonal fruits and incorporate them into your child’s diet as they hold a good amount of nutrients. Fruits provide a good supply of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and good sugars.
- Whole grains: Try a brown bread instead of white, replace refined flour pizza base with atta pizza base and white pasta with wheat pasta. These whole grains provide a lot more fiber and nutrition compared to the refined flours. The idea again is to let the kids eat any of them but on a rotational basis, so that benefits from all foods are derived.
- Vegetables: Get creative when getting the kids to eat vegetables and green leafy vegetables. From soups to salads to curries, try to rotate vegetables, and like fruits, use seasonal ones. They also have chlorophyll which helps improve their energy levels and reduce fatigue.
- Fish: One of the best sources of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, it helps in brain development and building immunity in children, making them less prone to illnesses.
- Nuts: While walnut is a well-known brain food, almonds are amazing for the skin and hair growth. Pecans are a good source of nutrients too. The rich oils in the nuts help fight diseases and are a great source of energy. Substituting the sugar candy with any of the nuts is a great way to indulge them in healthy snacking.
- Eggs: Whatever form, boiled, fried, scrambled, let the child indulge in their choice of eggs. A good source of protein which is very essential for hair, skin, and nails, try to squeeze in 4 eggs a week in your child’s diet.
Ensure these things find a way into the kid’s plate. In addition, some junk or fried stuff is always allowed!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
MY weight in not much according to height but I am suffering from fat around my back, tummy, hip area what should I do to burn the excess fat?
My na bauth dubla patla hu sub kuch kar ke dekh liya but helth nahi ban reha hai so please aap kuch bataye ki mera health ban jaye aur my mota ho jao wo v jaldi kyon ki agle year mera shadi hai.
I have done masturbation in a week 2 times my body muscles has not build up in my face beard has not grown well please suggest me.
According to Ayurveda, health is our natural, balanced state. Ayurveda defines the many substances and influences, both internal and external, that are beneficial and detrimental to our bodies.
Of the three doshas in Ayurveda, pitta is the hottest, oiliest, and sharpest. If you're feeling overheated in any way, there could be an excess of the pitta dosha occuring within your body.
Reducing Body Heat with Ayurveda:
2. Drink plenty of cold water to reduce body heat with ayurveda effectively.
6. Massage your body with coconut oil is one of the best oils to maintain body temperature.
7. Yogurt is a natural cooling agent.
There is no single way to reduce body heat with Ayurveda. These tips may prove usefull to BEAT UP THE HEAT THIS SUMMER.
Do you have a closet full of pretty sleeveless dresses and strappy tops that you never wear because you have dark underarms? Dark underarms are a common problem. They can be caused by harsh ingredients in everyday items like perfumes and deodorants.
- But don’t worry! We’ve got one wonderful idea that can even out your skin tone.
- Exfoliate Underarms With Baking Soda and Lemon paste.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda is the available item that can slough dead skin cells off your underarms.
- Lemon juice contains alpha-hydroxy acids, chemical exfoliants that can melt away dead skin cells for you.5 Lemon is also a rich source of vitamin C which has been found to inhibit the formation of melanin, a pigment which makes skin darker.
- How To Use: Concoct a potent exfoliating scrub with lemon juice and baking soda.7 Make a thin paste by adding baking soda to a tablespoon of lemon juice and add a few drops of olive oil. Apply this mixture to your darkened skin, wait for around 10 minutes, and rinse off.
- Loving your body and choosing to become the best version of yourself instead of constantly fixing it is empowering, and provides freedom from a more negative self image.
- If you can apply the “work out because you love your body, not because you hate it” principle today, then do it. Remember this is a process that requires practice, persistence, and ton of patience.
- This is your journey toward loving your body, and it may take you longer than others, or you may reach that goal very quickly. It doesn’t matter, so don’t compare your journey to anyone else’s. Take consistent action starting today to make that mantra your reality! You got this!!