Doctor in DR PANKAJ DAWAR
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Hepatitis B Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Hepatitis C Treatment
Submit a review for DR PANKAJ DAWARYour feedback matters!
He is a very experienced and good dr.,very polite and good in behaviour .explain about all terms related to patient
Dr Shameem Ahmed
very good doctor . well experienced .
Brain tumours vary in shape and size and the same is the case with their symptoms. The location of the tumour affects the symptoms greatly. Just like in any other type of a malignant tumour, brain tumour has a rapid growth and proliferation of abnormal cells that may have its origin in affected site or areas adjacent to it. As per studies, every 2 in 1,00,000 people are said to be affected by brain tumour in India. However, it may come as a relief to some as not all brain tumors are cancerous or life threatening. Some are benign tumors and seldom pose any threat to the affected individual.
Types of Brain Tumor
Brain tumors may be primary or secondary.
- Primary brain tumor: Here the abnormal mass of cells that originated in the brain do not metastasize to the other organs. Based on their location in the brain, the primary brain tumors may be of the following types.
- Gliomas: One of the most common types of primary brain tumors, gliomas can have their origin in the spinal cord or the brain. Some of the common types of gliomas include Astrocytomas (originates in the cerebrum of the brain), Glioblastomas (these tumors form from the Astrocytes which form the supportive tissues of the brain), Ependymoma (these develop from the ependymal cells which are present within the CNS), Oligodendrogliomas (these tumors are found to arise from the oligodendrocytes).
- Schwannomas: Also called as Acoustic neuromas, these primary brain tumors form on the nerves that play an important role in regulating the balance and hearing from the inner ear to the brain.
- Meningiomas: These type of tumors are usually benign and have their origin in the meninges (membranes surrounding the spinal cord and the brain).
- Primitive neuroectodermal tumors (PNETs): Primitive neuroectodermal tumors (PNETs) are rare malignant tumors that originate from the fetal (embryonic) cells in the brain.
- Pituitary adenomas: As the name suggests, these tumors arise from the pituitary gland located at the base of the brain.
- Medulloblastomas: Common among the children, these malignant primary tumors develop in the brain (lower back) and gradually spread via the spinal fluid.
- Other types of primary brain tumors include Craniopharyngiomas and the Germ cell tumors.
- Secondary brain tumors: Unlike the primary brain tumors, these tumors have their origin in the other body parts and organs (mostly in the lungs, skin, colon, breast, and kidney) and then gradually metastasize to the brain. The secondary brain tumors are found to be more common.
Symptoms or warning signs associated with brain tumors:
Some of the signs and symptoms that may be indicative of a brain tumor include
- People with brain tumors often get seizures (due to the irritation caused by the tumors in the brain).
- A headache (mild to severe depending on the part of the brain affected by the tumor).
- A person experiences numbness or a tingling sensation in the legs and arms.
- There may be difficulties in walking or balancing.
- A person finds it difficult to concentrate.
- There may be some problems with hearing, speech or even vision.
- A person may experience weakness restricted to only one part of the body.
The symptoms may not necessarily indicate a brain tumor but it is always wise not to neglect the symptoms either. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi, Few months before I slept by turning my neck in one side, and since then I am having a nerve pinch in left neck. Though I had seen a doctor and doing some neck exercise since then. But it's still there and increased the pain. Please refer me which doctor should I visit? Thanks.
Sir. My 07 year son suffering from Celleblar Atrophy, is any treatment in ayurveda or not. Please advise me.
Alzheimer's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that causes a degradation and eventually death of the brain cells. People with Alzheimer's disease suffer from a memory loss. There is also a progressive decline in the cognitive capacity of the brain.Today, Alzheimer's disease and dementia have become almost synonymous with old age. It is a heartbreaking experience to see aged people with Alzheimer's disease. They have little or no memory of the present time, of their loved people or the things around them.
The Alzheimer's disease starts off as a mild condition and then gradually progresses through stages. In this article, we will discuss the different stages associated with Alzheimer's disease.
- The first stage: This stage shows no significant changes in the affected person. Thus, without any diagnostic tests (such as a PET scan), it will be difficult to detect the condition in the initial stage.
- The second stage: This stage brings about some changes in the person. The person might misplace things or may even forget words (something that is often brushed aside as a small problem). However, this seldom interferes with their daily activities. Like the first stage, this stage, in most cases, goes unnoticed.
- The third stage: This is the stage that brings about visible changes in the person concerned such as
- The person experiences difficulties in trying to organize things.
- They forget things they have read, or heard just a few seconds back.
- In some cases, the person may not be able to recollect a person's name they have just met.
- Some people may end up repeating the same question over and over again.
- The fourth stage: This stage marks a further decline in the mental health. The person gets forgetful about himself or herself. They also start mixing up with the dates and months or makes major goof up while cooking (misses out on ingredients).
- The fifth stage: The mental deterioration reaches a step further. The person slowly starts forgetting about the present, such as their address, the time of the day, their profession and even phone numbers.
- The sixth stage: The problem is getting worse. Hallucination is slowly setting in. The person is starting to forget people and their faces, mixing one identity with another.
- The seventh stage: The final and unfortunately, the worst stage. The person stops talking to people, eating, or even walking. They stay confined to their world, oblivious of their immediate surrounding.
Dealing with an Alzheimer patient
- In addition to the treatment and medication, a person with Alzheimer's disease needs the love, care, and support of their close and dear ones. Isolating them will only worsen the situation.
- It may not be easy to deal with an Alzheimer's patient as the disease progresses, but do not be rude to them. Give them the confidence.
- Always keep a paper containing their name, address and emergency contact number in their wallet.
- People after the age of 50 should undergo regular health check ups.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 48 male suffering Tingling/Numbness from past 8 years used on doctors advice pregadoc duzeela tryptomer, gabatin some other which have pregabalin and mythcobalin but no one is reduced my pain. I have B.P. Thyroid using 125 mg, sciatica some times right leg, from past 9-10 months my right feet with fingers tingling fingers high going numb when I stand more than 3-4 minutes if sit its ok. After some friend suggest maxgalin -used pain/tingling reduced little but there can use this for long time.
A migraine is something, which can really make a person’s day go from bad to worse. However, while popping an aspirin may be the age old solution for solving such a literally mind numbing issue, it really does not mean that this is the best solution. Theoretically, the best solution to a migraine should come naturally to the person, who is unfortunately the victim of a migraine.
It is more than a headache
When a person has a migraine, he or she is likely to know that this is the case due to a pulsating sensation behind the eye. In addition to this, there are quite a few other symptoms which include pain on one side of the head, nausea and a sensitiveness to light in its various forms.
Natural treatments for migraine
There are a range of possible natural solutions a person can make use of to get rid of migraine hits.
- One of these solutions is quite simple, even if it sounds a little odd! Take a few cabbage leaves, crush them and using a soft cloth, apply the paste on the forehead of the person who is having a migraine attack.
- While a person who is down with migraine may feel that life has given him or her lemons, he or she should really not despair. This is because these lemons can be made use of, as well, in order to make the ill effects of the migraine go away. To do this, take five lemons, peel them, grind them well and then add a little bit of water to make a paste. Apply this paste to the patient’s forehead.
- Apart from using remedies to cure migraine, there are a few other things which are needed to be done in order to get up and running as soon as possible. One of these things is to get enough rest. Taking into account the fact that a migraine has the potential to severely hinder the prospect of a person functioning normally, for a person to push himself or herself against the intense migraine discomfort so as to fulfil his or her responsibilities will not only result in substandard work, but will also make the situation worse.
- Hot and cold compress can also go some way in improving a person’s migraine problem.
- All beverages apart from water and tea should be avoided. Water hydrates and is essential while tea is diuretic.
If you follow these natural remedies, you will successfully be able to treat your migraine issue. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!