Doctor in Docter Clinic
Submit a review for Docter ClinicYour feedback matters!
Hepatitis A is an infectious disease caused by the Hepatitis A Virus (HAV), which affects the liver. It leads to inflammation of the liver. Even though it does not cause any severe harm in the initial stages, it can become acute or chronic later if not treated or managed on time. If it becomes chronic, it can lead to cirrhosis of the liver and permanent liver failure too.
Hepatitis A is caused by ingestion of contaminated food or water and it can also result due to anal or oral contact during sex. This infectious disease results in specific signs and symptoms, including fatigue, nausea, vomiting, fever, jaundice, anorexia, and rashes on the body. There are many allopathic medicines to cure Hepatitis A but they can be harsh on the body. If one wants to avoid the possible side effects of these medications, then Ayurvedic remedies offer to be a better choice as they do not have any side effects and also cure the infection completely, giving permanent and full relief.
So, here are some Ayurvedic remedies for Hepatitis A.
- Virechana: A part of the Panchakarma process, it is a detoxification therapy that flushes out the toxins from the body. In Ayurveda, it is believed that any disorder of the liver is caused by pitta imbalance and this imbalance is rectified by a purgation technique. In the first step, the patient is made to vomit and then is kept on a light diet for a few days and watched over. In the last step, the patient is administered virechana drugs such as sweet herbs to cleanse the toxins and purify the blood. After cleansing, the patient is given a warm bath to calm the senses.
- Echinacea: This herb is a natural immunizing agent that helps fight the infection caused by HAV. It is an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory in nature and thus, provides relief to the liver. It also stimulates the secretion of enzymes in the body and improves blood circulation as well. Lastly, it prevents auto-immune diseases.
- Phyllanthus niruri: Also known as Bhumi Amla, it is very effective in fighting infections of the liver and can cure all forms of liver diseases. It possesses analgesic, antibacterial, and anti-spasmodic properties. It cures the liver inflammation and corrects the pitta imbalance.
- Triphala: A mixture of bibhataki, haritaki and amlaki, triphala is a very effective cleansing herb. It carries laxative properties and thus, helps remove toxins from the intestines.
- Katuki: This Ayurvedic herb is very effective in the treatment of different liver diseases and is known as a strong laxative. It helps in the detoxification of the intestines and also kills the intestinal worms.
These Ayurvedic remedies are known to provide lasting relief in Hepatitis A, no matter what the stage of the infection is. The herbal medicines can be consumed in the form of tablets, capsules, mixture (churna), or even taken as a tea. Nevertheless, it is advised to consult an Ayurvedic doctor before resorting to any of these remedies. Proper diagnosis and accurate dosage is a must in the treatment of Hepatitis A.
Be it burgers, bagels, muffins, sandwiches or simple toasts, bread has made headway into the diets of a huge portion of the populace. Although a staple diet for many since time immemorial, the consumption of bread has increased extensively in the recent past. But, which type of bread should we intake to incur the best health impacts is a question that bothers many. The general assumption is that the wholegrain variety is the best alternative. However, the barrage of marketing tactics makes it impossible to distinguish the best variety from the others.
There are a whole lot of myths surrounding the best variety of bread and you must choose wisely before settling for one particular type. It is expedient to look beyond the overt appearance or the name of the bread, one needs to be wary of the ingredient before taking a call.
Mostly, white bread is made out of refined flour which is often striped off essential nutrients and fibers. To worsen the situation, white bread is often bleached with certain chemicals to enhance its appearance.
Certain assumptions deem brown bread as the healthier option. Unfortunately, it isn't true always. More often than not, brown bread is simply white bread with artificial coloring added to it or is caramelized. They essentially add no surplus nutritional value.
Similarly, multigrain bread can often mislead the consumers about its health impacts. Unlike whole wheat bread, multigrain breads are usually chemically treated with softened grains. This does not effectively recover the lost nutrients of the bread.
Whole wheat bread has more pronounced health benefits. It contains more wheat germ and fibers in comparison to the more processed varieties of bread. Having evaded the toxic additives, it has relatively healthier effects on our blood sugar levels.
As you realize that the bread that you eat does not necessarily affect your health favorably, wisdom lies in seeking out the least harmful variety. In that context, rye bread or spelt bread contains greater amount of minerals. Besides, bread made from barley, oats and millets have greater mineral content than the commercially hybridized varieties and promote better health.