Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Kora Method Slimming Treatment
Submit a review for fffsdfdsfYour feedback matters!
An essential prerequisite for good health is having regular bowel movements. People all over the world have a misconception about the regularity of bowel movements. Having bowel movements three times a day or three times a week (if that is the routine) is considered regular. Irregularity in bowel movements can often lead to constipation and it is something that should never be ignored. It not only affects our health but also affect our overall being in ways that are unexpected. Let us take a look at some of these unexpected side effects of not pooping regularly:
- Constipation can trigger headaches: The cause for a headache can be many things, but the first likely reason is stress. When you do not poop properly, the pain, inconvenience and worry will build up, leading to mental stress. This anxiety can trigger headaches. Also, headache can occur because of dehydration, which is often a result of constipation. By drinking more water, you can get a relief from both constipation and headaches. Moreover, the buildup of toxins in the body also causes a headache. regular is a key channel that releases all the toxins from the body and when that does not work, it is bound to cause problems.
- It can cause breakouts: What happens in and out the gut shows up on the skin. Skin conditions like acne, pimple, dark circles and even rashes can occur due to internal gut and digestive issues. When the toxins are not eliminated regularly from the body, they tend to accumulate over time leading to major skin breakouts.
- It carries a risk of anal fissures: Due to hardened stool, there is not enough lubrication and this can lead to a tear of the skin. This is called an anal fissure and the prime symptom of this condition is the presence of blood in your stool. So, if you feel pain or see blood while pooping, you need to contact your healthcare provider and relieve your condition.
- It may cause Diverticula or Heamerhoids: Long term constipation can lead to certain ailments which tend to form because of the pressure of straining to pass your poop. You can be affected with diverticula which result in bulges or pouches on the lining of the colon area. Or it can also cause a strain in the veins along the rectum and lead to
- It affects your Bladder control: The colon and the bladder share a close relationship with each other. If there is too much pressure on the bladder because of a full colon, it can lead to decreased control of the bladder. Your bladder will not fill all the way, empty badly or cause unexpected leakages. So, chronic constipation can cause apparent leakage problems too.
- It can make you lose appetite: Eating food can be a major turn off for people with constipation. Appetite loss is not just an enjoyable form of hunger suppression, but a big inconvenience.
I am 25 years old suffering from the problem of oily dandruff. As my scalp is extremely oily the dandruff sticks to the scalp & even my shampooing my hair twice a week it doesn't seem to go away. Because of oiliness on my scalp I also suffer from acne of scalp as well as my forehead & it makes my scalp quite itchy. Could you please tell me the reason for it & suggests me some effective home remedies to get rid of this problem as soon as possible. I also wanted to know if this can lead to hair fall problem or not ?Please help me get rid of this problem.
Symptoms include high fever, headache, rash and muscle and joint pain. In severe cases there is serious bleeding and shock, which can be life threatening.
How can I reduce my high blood pressure? I do walk 40 minutes everyday, nothing diagnosed from blood test and ECG, everything was normal.
High blood pressure is a condition which occurs when the pressure of the blood flow through the arteries increases, resulting in intense pressure. Hypertension occurs when the systolic pressure (pressure at which the heart pumps blood) and the diastolic pressure (pressure at which the heart relaxes) is more than 140 and 90 respectively.
Symptoms of high blood pressure are:
- Shortness of breath: If you have high blood pressure, then you may experience regular shortness of breath.
- Headaches: You may experience headaches on a regular basis.
- Weakness of the heart muscles: Hypertension results in a weak heart which may not be able to pump blood properly.
- Narrowing of blood vessels: Narrowing of blood vessels may lead to other complications such as failure of the kidneys, heart, and brain.
- Vision problems: It may lead to vision problems as blood vessels in the eye may be affected.
The various causes of blood pressure are:
- Tobacco: If you smoke on a regular basis, you put yourself at an increased risk of getting affected by blood pressure.
- Lifestyle: Not exercising regularly, eating a sodium-rich diet are all factors which can increase the chances of hypertension.
- Age: The chances of getting affected by hypertension increase as you age.
- Weight: Being excessively obese also increases your risk of getting affected by hypertension.
- Diabetes: Being diabetic makes you more prone to getting affected by diabetes.
- Hyperthyroidism: If you have an overactive thyroid gland, then it may result in hypertension.
Hypertension may result in various health complications in the body such as:
- Aneurysm: This is a disorder of the blood vessels which causes the blood vessels to bulge and weaken.
- Heart attack: High blood pressure causes the arteries to harden and thicken which may lead to a heart attack.
- Metabolic syndrome: This syndrome refers to a group of complications such as high bad cholesterol levels and insulin levels in the body.
- Impaired brain functioning: It may also impair your ability to learn and impact your cognitive skills.
I have been having headache almost everyday since few months ranging from moderate to severe. There is pain and tenderness in the temples. Headache is usually localised to the right side in which sometimes I can feel pounding pain and sometimes radiating pain. Sometimes the nerve on the right side I can feel it pounding when my headache is severe. Vision has become more blurry comparatively. I am wearing glasses since five years having -1 vision. Sometimes I have sensitivity to light.
I am having dandruff from long time (from about 1.5 yr). Its feels itchy and dry on scalp. I sometimes get scalp acne. Always have dry skin on scalp. Also suffering from intensive hair fall.
I am 32 year old man having acne problems only in mild to moderate form mainly on Forehead .i used clindamycin gel without much effect so I am starting to use clindamycin-nicotinamide gel acnestar .Can you please suggest .i am getting one or 2 pimple all the time since many years. My main culprit what I think is I have very very oily skin and thats why I get acne .So please help and suggest some remedy. Thanks.
From 1 and half month m having continuous headache and body shivering also had fever I have take blood test report for malaria and typhoid both are negative still headache and body shivering continuously id their please help me.
Throat pain mainly occurs due to two conditions 'sore throat' or 'strep throat'. Often the terms 'sore throat' and 'strep throat' are used interchangeably, but they don't indicate the same thing. While a sore throat is a condition mostly followed by common cold, runny nose or congestion; strep throat is a bacteria induced infection. The bacterium called Streptococcus is responsible for strep throat.
The most common reason behind a sore throat is a viral infection like flu or cold. So, if you've a sore throat that is caused by virus, there is no reason to worry as it can be treated easily. But if you are suffering from strep throat or streptococcal infection, then antibiotic drugs for additional treatment will be required to avoid complications.
Signs and symptoms of a strep throat (which indicates that your throat pain is serious and needs attention) include:
- Pain while swallowing food
- Sore throat which usually persists for more than 48 hours
- Small red spots at the roof top of your mouth
- Swollen and red tonsils at times with streaks of pus or white patches
- Swollen, benign lymph nodes in your neck
- Body aches
- Vomiting or feeling of nausea, especially amongst younger children
When these signs and symptoms become noticeable, you need to promptly visit your doctor for test and treatment. And, if the reports indicate strep throat, then your doctor will prescribe you some oral antibiotics to reduce the complications and severity of symptoms so that it doesn't spread to others. You are advised to follow your prescription properly and stay indoors for at least a day after starting your medication. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
The debate about how sex affects sportspersons has been there for a very long time, but it is its reverse which is somehow more applicable. Research has shown that regularly engaging in sports or other physical activities such as exercising can have some really positive effects on your sex life. This has got to do mostly with improved metabolic activity in the cells from the increased motion and exercise.
Research suggests that engaging in exercise, sports and other physical activities result in an increase in flexibility and agility among people, thus aiding sexual prowess and performance. Also, it boosts levels of self-confidence, thus allowing you to believe that you are sexually desirable, (due to increased levels of fitness and toned musculature) which in turn also positively affects sexual capability- in providing higher levels of satisfaction to your partners. Apart from these, there are several other factors of sexuality that are also improved due to engaging in sports or exercise, like:
- Decreased risks of Erectile Dysfunction (ED): One of the most essential benefits of engaging in sports and exercise is that it lowers the risk of erectile dysfunction in men, due to an increased level of blood flow into your penis as a result of widening of the arteries. In this regard, research also suggests that you don't necessarily need to be overly fit or sporting to reduce chances of ED - even a brisk half hour walk works wonders.
- Improved quality of semen: Research has found that if you exercise or are engaged in some rigorous sporting activity for at least 15 hours per week, you will have higher sperm counts than your inactive counterparts.
- Increased libido: High levels of exercise pumps up testosterone levels in men and estrogen levels in women, which leads to better muscle growth and an increased sex drive in both sex.
- Increased chances of achieving orgasm in women: If you work out frequently, then the process of arousal works quicker for you and chances of orgasm is faster and with higher intensity, it gets increased exponentially.
- Heightened sensitivity: In women, the clitoris contains over 8000 nerve endings, which makes it very sensitive to stimulation, and increases arousal exponentially. Increased physical activity heightens the effect of this stimulus and makes sexual stimulation much more pleasurable. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Headaches are one of the most common symptoms experienced by most people. While a headache is not a disease per se, it is a manifestation of some underlying disease and can affect the quality of life. The underlying cause could range from something as innocuous as a hunger headache to a slightly more severe one like migraines to underlying neurological and vascular conditions like temporal arteritis. Common forms including a sinus headache, tension headache, cluster headaches, and migraines.
Ayurveda believes that the body goes through disease if there is an imbalance in one of the key components of the body, Vata, pitta, and Kapha. Restoring the balance will take care of not just the symptom but restore overall body health. Relief, therefore, is longer lasting with Ayurvedic solutions. Depending on the type of a headache, the imbalance varies, and treatment would differ and is aimed at restoring the lost balance.
Massage: Using natural oils like peppermint oil, lavender oil, or castor oil to massage the forehead or the temples can produce great relief. This also causes improved circulation and nerve stimulation, leading to pain relief.
- Add substances that produce cold like khus khus, buttermilk, ghee, and coconut water. Try castol oil and shikakai for hair wash and see a headache vanish.
- A mixture of green tea with a lemon squeezed in is one of the quickest reliever for a headache.
- A paste or lemon rind that is applied externally on the forehead and temples also provides relief from a headache and a soothing effect for the affected individual.
- A paste of cinnamon mixed with any essential oil or plain water can also be applied on the forehead and/or temple region for relief from the pain.
- Watermelon juice with sugar reduces the heat produced by the body and relieves a headache.
- Crush some ginger, add it to water, and bring it to a boil. This contains a lot of oils from the ginger, which is very soothing for the stomach. This has pain relieving properties and helps in relieving headaches.
- A glass of warm water with honey in the morning on a daily basis takes care of chronic headaches. It is advisable to drink this on an empty stomach daily.
In addition to the above remedies to relieve the headache, the following measures should be followed for prevention and/or reducing the frequency of headaches.
- Diet: Eating right by avoiding headache-inducing substances like cheese, chocolates, eggs, etc. On the other hand, going hungry can lead to hunger headaches.
- Exercise: The neck, shoulders, and scalp should be eased frequently through regular exercise. This also improves blood flow, thereby reducing headaches.
Try these measures and see your headache disappear. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hello, It's been 4 years I've been suffering from acne and the stubborn tanning below the lower lip and I've get treatment too but nothing has effected. I did many home remedies. I'm fed up of face, please help me out of this!
Hii.in my face more moles bt I want to remove bt how can I am totally fadeup with all this xo if you hve a medicine please tel me.
Constipation is a word which can scare us to quite an extent. In short we can say that one finds it difficult to discuss the issue and feels embarrassed to even talk about it. Most of the times a person tries to self administer medicines in order to get relief from the constipation bug as he is not willing to talk about it to his family, friends or as for that matter even a doctor.
But let us face the truth! constipation has become a very common problem nowadays and for some it has been like a daily routine. But what could be the possible reason behind the increase in the number of constipation stricken patients a doctor sees everyday.
- Unfortunately it is nothing but our poor lifestyle which is to be blamed. Poor eating habits, excessive junk consumption, stress, not drinking enough water, smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, pregnancy, over eating and not exercising could be some of the reasons.
- Once you suffer from constipation along with hardened stools you can suffer from irritability, abdominal bloating, mood swings, nausea and vomiting.
- Studies have clearly shown that about 14% of the indian population suffers from constipation.
- Constipation can be of two types organic and functional - organic being a deformation to the colon and functional can be due to a poor diet, less intake of fluids and continual stress.
- But make sure that you do not ignore the signs of constipation as it can lead to various other issues like haemorrhoids, anal fissures, diverticulitis and so on.
Here are some effective home remedies which can help you in bidding adieu to the'hardened stool mania'-
1. Castor oil
- Castor oil is a great remedy for constipation.
- Castor oil is a great remedy for constipation.
- Castor oil can work wonders! yes I am serious. It has been used for ages by our fathers and forefathers for treating constipation. Castor oil acts as a great laxative as it increases the movement of the intestines and helps in clearing it out instantly. It basically acts as a lubricant and helps in getting out the waste quickly without much ado.
How to consume it- take 1 tsp of castor oil with a glass of warm water in the night at bedtime. Next morning you should be able to freshen up really well.
- Prunes are a super remedy for constipation.
- Prunes are a super remedy for constipation.
- Prunes are nothing but dried plums which are endowed with the goodness of fibre and sorbitol. Fibre as we all know is known to facilitate the smooth functioning of our bowels and sorbitol, a natural form of sugar which does not get digested easily and hence can draw loads of water while its way to the intestines and add bulk to the stool.
- How to consume it- consume 3 prunes for at least a week everyday. You can also have a glass of warm water if required.
3. Aloe vera juice
- Aloe vera forms a gel and helps in getting rid of constipation.
- Aloe vera forms a gel and helps in getting rid of constipation.
- While aloe vera juice has been thought to be great for the skin and hair, it can actually help you in relieving constipation. Aloe vera juice can form a gel like substance in the tummy leading to mucus formation and increased intestinal peristalsis. It can also draw more water leading to the easy passage of stools.
How to consume it- consume around 30ml of aloe vera juice (unsweetened and stabilised) with a glass of water at bedtime or early in the morning on waking up.
4. Flax seed oil
- Flax seed oil for constipation.
- Flax seed oil for constipation.
- Flax seed oil is known as a great remedy for constipation. It can again act as a lubricant and coat the stools in such a way which leads to easy passage of the same. In short the stools are able to sail freely through the intestines without an issue.
- How to consume it- consume 1 tsp of flax seed oil with a glass of warm water mid-morning for almost a week and see magical results.
- Yogurt is good for your digestive tract.
- Yogurt is good for your digestive tract.
- If you need to keep your tummy healthy then its essential to consume yogurt. Why yogurt? because it promotes growth of good bacteria in the gut and helps in preventing or considerably lessens the effects of constipation. So if you have to make your digestive system strong then its mandatory to consume yogurt on daily basis.
- How to consume it- add a cup of yogurt to fresh fruits or add it your breakfast cereal bowl.
While these remedies can relieve the problem of constipation efficiently, there are times when these might not work. By that I mean severe cases of constipation. If the problem is persistent then its best to visit a doctor and follow the advised prescription.
In addition to these remedies-
- Eat a fibre rich meal comprising of fruits, veggies, brown rice, oatmeal etc.
- Drink at least 12-15 glasses of water.
- Exercise for at least 25-30 minutes.
- Reduce your stress levels.
- Get adequate rest and sleep at least 8 hours each day.
- Make these changes and see the problem of constipation saying bye bye soon.
Acne is a term used to define a broader category of conditions than pimples. The term is used to define skin diseases that involve sebum, keratinisation and bacteria. The condition varies from very mild acne to severe acne, which usually involves the cystic variety of the condition.
As for the percentage of the population affected by acne, this is invariably the most common skin condition that you can suffer from (95% of all people will suffer from this condition at some point of their lives). It is also the most stubborn skin condition in some cases.
Let’s take a look at some do’s and don’ts for an acne prone skin.
Here’s what not to do when you have acne:
1. Over washing – dirt and oil are not the only reasons for your acne it is multifactorial so excessive washing and cleaning will not only make your skin dry and dull but it also alters the ph of the skin and will make it more prone to breakouts.
2. Picking and squeezing – touching your face and specifically the areas affected will expose it to more bacteria, and more bacterial exposure can never be good for acne.
3. Over the counter products – using products indiscriminately can play havoc on your skin. Make sure you consult a good dermatologist to find the right products for you.
4. Avoiding moisturizer and sunscreen – avoiding moisturizer and sunscreen is a common habit amongst people suffering from acne which in turn leads to excessive dryness making skin more prone to tanning and acne marks. Consulting your dermatologist will help you find a suitable moisturizer and sunscreen for acne prone skin.
Some home remedies to try:
1. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a powerful antibacterial that alkalises itself, not only that, it is also an astringent that dries up excess oil and makes it difficult for the bacteria to thrive.
How to use: take pure, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and mix one part with three parts water, take the mix on a cotton swab and apply it on the acne/blemish for 10 minutes once in the night daily.
2. Cinnamon and honey mask
Honey is a natural antibiotic and so is cinnamon and both these ingredients when mixed together, have a synergistic effect that helps you control breakouts.
How to use: mix 2 tablespoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon to make a paste and apply on the affected area for 15 minutes.
3. Orange peel paste
Vitamin c is a natural astringent, apart from being that, it also helps in new cell growth and repair and maintenance.
How to use: take two orange peels and mash them in a grinder and make sure you make a thick paste, and apply it on your face for 20-25 minutes.
4. Banana peels
Banana peels contain a substance known as lutein, and this is an extremely powerful antioxidant that reduces swelling and inflammation.
How to use: make a banana peel and rub the inside of it in circular motions on the affected areas. Let it sit for 30 minutes or so and then wash.
Do you have acne that does not respond to treatment? have you tried everything and failed? or do you just want to do the smart thing and get professional help to nip the disease in the bud?
Imagine if you wake up in the morning and first thing you see is a red mark on your face. It can be inflammatory or non inflammatory or could be pimple or acne. Don’t panic, it can be cured if you bring some changes in your routine along with the on-going medication.
1. Emergency Acne Kit
Foremost thing that needs to be done, is to get connected with your dermatologist. He/She will guide you about the role of some medications and their usage in day to day to life.
It is not only one thing that contributes to healthy skin and you. It is a combination of good habits which can help you lead a healthy life.
2. Have a clear eating plan
ELIMINATE all high glycemic index foods whose numbers are above 70 such as refined products like pasta, white breads, biscuits, noodles, pizzas. Say “no” to fried cooking methods as well fried food items like chips, pakora(sounds very yummy, trust me its nutritional value is zero). Limit the intake of too much sugar and sugar sweetened beverages, they just add unwanted fat to your lifestyle , ultimately it can add bad effect to your skin in the form of acne, pimples , dull skin etc.
ADD low glycemic index so that it won’t spike your blood sugar fast. Add more of home cooked meals made up of whole grains , cereals like used more “atta plus fiber” based options like if you are still craving for bread, opt for multigrain. Try to choose healthy food ingredients.Include 2 to 3 servings of vegetables and fruits in your diet.
ADD Antioxidants like more of vitamin C, E,. Rich sources of vitamin C are oranges, amla, green chilies, broccoli, lemons, papaya, strawberries and some more green vegetables. Nuts, seeds , fish contain good amount of vitamin E.
ADD good fat in your diet - omega 3 fatty acids. They are present in seeds, nuts, various oils like olive oil and mustard oil.
Try to include low fat dairy products in diet. Probiotic curd is a good option as it contains good bacteria which is healthy for your stomach that can help you with skin breakouts.
3. Keep yourself hydrated
Keep sipping water throughout the day. It should not be more or less. The recommended level is 10 -12 glasses in a day. Fluids could be plain water or green tea.This will make your skin supple, clear and free of toxins.