Doctors for Shoulder Arthroscopy
Experience advanced shoulder arthroscopy, a prevalent orthopaedic surgery for shoulder issues like bankart lesions and rotator cuff tendon tear here.
5+ Best Doctors for Shoulder Arthroscopy
Best Doctors for Shoulder Arthroscopy
Patient reviews for Doctors for Shoulder Arthroscopy
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of doctor is best for Shoulder Arthroscopy?
Since orthopedic surgeons are experts in identifying and treating musculoskeletal problems, particularly those that affect the shoulder joint, they are the most qualified to do shoulder arthroscopy. They have extensive training and expertise doing surgeries like shoulder arthroscopy.
How to find the best doctor for Shoulder Arthroscopy in India?
Lybrate is a popular online platform that can help you find some of the best doctors for Shoulder Arthroscopy in India. The platform provides comprehensive information on each surgeon's credentials, experience, accolades, pricing and scheduling of consultations, as well as ratings and reviews from previous patients. Lybrate's platform is user-friendly, easy to navigate, and offers a convenient way to find the right doctor for your surgical treatment.
What is the main reason for Shoulder Arthroscopy?
Many shoulder-related conditions are diagnosed and treated surgically using shoulder arthroscopy;
- To identify and repair any issues that may be causing pain, stiffness, weakness, or instability in the shoulder joint
- To treat conditions like impingement syndrome, shoulder instability, rotator cuff tears, shoulder joint arthritis, shoulder fractures, frozen shoulder, and bursitis
How do I know if I need Shoulder Arthroscopy?
The following are the signs and symptoms that may indicate the need for shoulder arthroscopy;
- Persistent shoulder pain that does not improve with rest and medications
- Limited shoulder mobility and range of motion
- Shoulder instability, i.e., shoulder dislocates or slips out of joint
- Shoulder weakness and stiffness that affects daily activities
- Shoulder injury or trauma that results in fractures or dislocation
- Failure of conservative treatments such as physical therapy and medications
Is Shoulder Arthroscopy serious?
Arthroscopy of the shoulder just like any surgery carries significant side effects, which are extremely uncommon. Depending on the exact ailment being treated and the patient's general health, the procedure's seriousness may change.
What is the fastest way of Shoulder Arthroscopy in India?
With advances in technology and techniques, procedures such as mini-incision arthroscopy and all-arthroscopic repair are considered to be faster and less invasive, resulting in shorter recovery times and less scarring.
When to consult a doctor for Shoulder Arthroscopy in India?
Here are some specific signs and symptoms that may indicate the need for shoulder arthroscopy;
- Persistent shoulder pain that does not improve with rest or medication
- Difficulty lifting or moving the arm
- Weakness or numbness in the arm or shoulder
- Swelling or inflammation in the shoulder joint
- Limited range of motion in the shoulder
- Shoulder instability or dislocation
- Inability to sleep comfortably due to shoulder pain
- Despite conservative treatments, a shoulder injury or ailment that has not improved
Is Shoulder Arthroscopy painful?
Most shoulder arthroscopies are carried out under anesthesia, so the patients don't feel any pain. However, there may be some discomfort during the recovery period, which can usually be managed with pain medications prescribed by the surgeon.
Is Shoulder Arthroscopy safe?
There is generally little risk of complications with shoulder arthroscopy. However, there are some hazards, such as infection, hemorrhage, nerve injury, and allergic reactions to anesthetic, as with any surgery.
Is Shoulder Arthroscopy permanent?
Shoulder arthroscopy is a surgical procedure that aims to treat various shoulder problems, but it is not a permanent solution. The severity of the injury and the patient's dedication to rehabilitation determine the surgery's outcome. While it can provide long-term relief, there is always a possibility of recurrence or new injuries. To extend the benefits of the procedure, it's critical to adhere to the surgeon's post-operative instructions and lead a healthy lifestyle.
What is the cost of Shoulder Arthroscopy in India?
The cost of shoulder arthroscopy in India typically ranges from ₹1,10,000 to ₹1,20,000. However, the cost may vary depending on factors such as the type of procedure, hospital or clinic, surgeon's fees, and additional expenses such as postoperative care and rehabilitation. It is advisable to consult with a surgeon and get a clear understanding of the total cost involved in the procedure.
What is Shoulder Arthroscopy recovery time?
The length of recovery following a shoulder arthroscopy depends on the nature of the injury and the scope of the operation. Patients should typically anticipate being in a sling for a number of weeks, and they may need physical therapy to regain their full strength and range of motion. Although a full recovery may take up to six months, most patients can return to their regular routines within a few weeks.