Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Gaurav AgrawalYour feedback matters!
I have so many pain in the lower stomach area. Small itches & scratches are there in the penis region.
Hello I'm 21 years old. I have all body pain from two days. I have note my body temperature and that was 99.5, 99.3,98.9, 97.3, 99.1 But my head and hands very warm and hot. I feel very weakness also. Hot breath. So what I do. I have reaction from paracetamol. Thanks.
I am 41 years old having diabetes from last 5years, taking regularly insulin and tablets but still diabetes not in control in random it shows 208 like that and many times body pain what could I can do? Grandfather and my Father diabetes patient?
I have been suffering from fever, cold and body pains. I am an asthma patient. I have taken paracetamol but there is no change in my condition.
I am having severe throat pain, head ache and my whole body is paining suggest me some medicines and some useful home tips to reduce throat infection.
I have body pain always and I feel always weakness in body and always feel sleepy I want to get rid out of this.
I am 25 years male am having body ache and most of the time i am having stomach upset with dysentery. And I had sex without protection i am having fear about that.
Persistence of pain even after full healing of an affected area after injury or ailment is known as chronic pain. Chronic pain can also occur due to an undiagnosed underlying condition within the body. Any form of pain which lasts for more than 6 months can be categorized as chronic pain. Chronic pain might be continuous or episodic, excruciating or mild, totally incapacitating or merely inconvenient.
Symptoms of Chronic Pain include:
1. Light to severe pain that keeps occurring from time to time and cannot be relieved easily.
2. Occurrence of pain that can be described as burning, shooting, aching or even, electrical.
3. Constant feelings of discomfort. This includes stiffness, tightness or soreness in the affected area.
Chronic pain usually does not occur alone and is often accompanied by other problems such as:
1. Lack of sleep
3. Weakened Immune System
5. Mood Swings that include depression, fear, hopelessness, anxiety, stress, irritability, etc.
Reasons behind it
There are a number of different factors that can cause chronic pain. Some of them are:
- Aging: Common conditions associated with normal aging can have an effect on joints and bones, giving rise to chronic pain.
- Incorrect treatment and improper healing: Bad diagnosis or incorrect medications or procedures may cause improper healing of injuries as well as damage to nerves leading to chronic pain.
- Underlying disorders or diseases: Diseases are also capable of causing chronic pain. Conditions like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia are some well-known diseases that cause chronic pain. However, persistent and chronic pain might occur due to sicknesses like multiple sclerosis, cancer, AIDS, stomach ulcers as well as gallbladder disease.
In most of the cases, the reasons behind chronic pain can be rather complex. Sometimes, even though the chronic pain begins with an illness or an injury, the ongoing pain is capable of developing into a psychological aspect even after the physical issues have been healed, thus making treatment tricky.
Chronic pain is usually managed using a combination of physical therapy, medications and exercises, which helps in reducing the pain. Examples of pain relieving medications include ibuprofen and aspirin. Day-to-day activities can be performed only if this pain is adequately controlled. Additional techniques include:
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA): The target of this technique to address the nerves that are responsible for sending pain signals to the brain. This is achieved by placing the heated tip of a needle in a region which is extremely close to the nerve. The heat renders the nerve incapable of sending the pain signal.
- Pain Shots: This is used to deliver medications to the exact site of the pain. Nerve blockers are also used to block signals from reaching the brain.
- Alternative approach: These include acupuncture, massages and yoga along with other treatments from alternative medicine.
Hello , I am having periods and I suffer from very head pain, my body starts paining a lot, bleeding is not an issue but pain is the problem please suggest me some thing can not bear pain any more.
Sir I m getting pain in my right side of my testis back side. Pain is not much but I want to know that it not become more painful afterwards.
My father is having swelling in his feet, stomach and feeling difficult in inhaling properly. He is now 75 years old. Please advise.
I am 54 year executive working in Public sector, I suffer acute body pain in morning hours, during day it is ok. I have cervical spondilysis form last 10 years.
Here is a video tip that'll help you understand how to manage shoulder joint problems