Very well satisfied with the treatment and the behaviour of the doctor and the staff Read more reviews
Neck pain is basically described as stiffness as well as excruciating pain at the back of the neck. It can also be due to a physical injury or contact sports as well as whiplash. Generally, neck pain is not serious or life threatening and can be managed with some rest and physical exercise.
HOW IS NECK PAIN DIAGNOSED?
A general physician can diagnose the condition with a thorough physical examination. Sometimes, imaging tests may be needed for definitive diagnosis when the pain is chronic. This can include MRI or a simple x-ray. An electromyography may also be needed in some cases.
HOW IS NECK PAIN TREATED?
Treatment for neck pain may include:
• ice and heat therapy
• exercise, stretching, and physical therapy
• pain medication
• corticosteroid injections
• muscle relaxants
• a neck collar
• antibiotics if you have an infection
• hospital treatment if a condition such as meningitis or heart attack is the cause
• surgery, which is rarely necessary
• transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation